Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The unsettling of Liverpool FC players by Rafa Benitez

Read 9384 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: The unsettling of Liverpool FC players by Rafa Benitez
      Reply #92: Aug 28, 2010 11:52:52 pm
      I don't think Rafa is unsettling any of our players. Any of our players that wanted to go, have gone, and not one has gone to Inter!

Anyway, Rafa is well with in his rights as the manager of a different club to buy any player he feels would improve his own squad, not that i would be happy if he made a bid for Torres or Gerrard, but i wouldn't blame him.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #93: Aug 29, 2010 12:26:22 am
      Rafa is like any other manager,it is his right to nominate any potential players for signing.If it involves our players then currently,Purslow is the one that makes the deals.Hodgeson is currently the manager with no bollocks.So don't criticise Rafa,direct your'e frustration at Purslime and Hodgeson,they are supposedly running our club,not Rafa.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #94: Aug 29, 2010 12:59:10 am
      One thing I believe is nobody here and all LFC fans around the world can agree with 'he (Rafa) can do no wrong'
      I never agree on what Rafa mistake (even what I can do is just disagree :)), and I happy with what he did right for the club and the fans. That's all.

And, one thing I remember (with painful) is the day Rafa sacked, on all the media say that one reason he got sacked is because he (Rafa) has 'LOST HIS DRESSING ROOM'. So I think we do not need to worry because ...according to this how can Rafa persuade any player from Liverpool ?

---
      Sorry for my poor English.

If there was a thread titled "What Rafa did right and where he missed it"; you may be surprised that a lot of Die-hard Rafa Fans will scream for the thread to be deleted or locked while others will gloss over his costly flaws.

Agreed; Kuyt has chosen to remain and Mascherano has moved on. We are all glad for the 'settled' outcome.

But that does not erase that facts that, last year, Inter-Milan didn't want Kuyt; and then they suddenly wanted him this year? If you connect this with the way Rafa handled the Kuyt Contract-extension, you see truth in the allegation.

While this topic was more about the events of the transfer market and accusations and denials; in the real sense of it, losing the dressing room had unsettled many players already; with key players refusing to commit their future to the club until RH was brought in on a two-year contract.
      ________________________ ________________________ _____________________

Rafa Benitez won two major titles (Champions League & the FA Cup) and two minor ones (Super Cup and Community Shield) all in his first and second year in office; GREAT! But flip that coin over and it's a different story; starting with the worst finish in over 21 years.

We all supported Rafa Benitez while he was here; some folks on here have however been rude, abusive and uncultured in their attempts to show "passion" for the past manager. it's juvenile.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #95: Aug 29, 2010 01:06:21 am
      You have been just as juvenile. But anyways.

You forgot one major FACHT in your assesment of Benitez while here. You highlighted his trophies - what about the extended runs in Europe after that, another final in '07, and then a finish in 08/09 that would have one the title in almost all of our title winning years?

We made huge progress under Benitez. But anyways thats beside the point. AGAIN i'll highlight that i even think that Benitez would have mentioned Kuyt as a quality player whom he loved having in his squad, so naturally Inter may have been interested - but is that unsettling?

You said that Benitez's actions were wrong. That's what we are debating here, as i feel, and so do most, that Benitez has done nothing wrong, and you are just basing on a conspiracy theory basically.

And the talk about if you started a thread called whatever, thats nonsense. There was a bloody 'is Rafa the right man' thread that stayed open for a long time, and had a lot of heated debate. Didn't mean it was locked.

Don't be so juvenile in thinking that just cos we defend him, means we are blind. I know he had faults, F**k he frustrated me. But that doesn't mean overall he didn't do a great job, and restored our pedigree in Europe before we had that stripped by those fuckers from across the pond.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #96: Aug 29, 2010 01:13:18 am
      starting with the worst finish in over 21 years.

You're a decade over there lad, it was our worst finish for 11 years.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #97: Aug 29, 2010 01:25:39 am
      You're a decade over there lad, it was our worst finish for 11 years.

And narrowly following on from our 3rd best season in nearly 120 years.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #98: Aug 29, 2010 01:27:14 am

You forgot one major FACHT in your assesment of Benitez while here. You highlighted his trophies - what about the extended runs in Europe after that, another final in '07, and then a finish in 08/09 that would have one the title in almost all of our title winning years?

We made huge progress under Benitez. But anyways thats beside the point.

Don't be so juvenile in thinking that just cos we defend him, means we are blind. I know he had faults, f**k he frustrated me. But that doesn't mean overall he didn't do a great job, and restored our pedigree in Europe before we had that stripped by those fuckers from across the pond.

Opinions are such assholes! You just had to jump in.

The great managers who contributed to the greatness of this club were judged based on trophies and a unified front. When did coming second stop being the "First Loser"?

Well, we can change the criteria for assessment; after-all, its Rafa Benitez.

Good to see you're comments are not filled with cuss words and expletives.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #99: Aug 29, 2010 01:35:14 am
      Opinions are such assholes! You just had to jump in.

The great managers who contributed to the greatness of this club were judged based on trophies and a unified front. When did coming second stop being the "First Loser"?

Well, we can change the criteria for assessment; after-all, its Rafa Benitez.

Good to see you're comment is not filled with cuss words and expletives.

And like all who see a point defeated, you resort to insult. I'm trying to be as civil as possible, and if you know me, that is hard sometimes. But i actually have often had a lot of respect for your posts, so i'm keeping that in mind. Margaritas im drinking at the mo help calm me as well.

Anyways, of course trophies are the main measuring stick and i understand thats what counts. But we wanted the league. And he built us to a point where we were a genuine threat, and only needed a couple players to make it happen. But it didn't happen, as we had to sell instead.

But this is not a Benitez what did he do for us discussion, so i'll leave that. This discussions dead, you still have not made your point, and i think you just don't wanna say "Okay, maybe im not totally right" - fair enough, prides hard to swallow.

Just so you know, if you do bring me genuine facts that Benitez is trying to unsettle, i will accept it gracefully.

solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #100: Aug 29, 2010 01:45:02 am
      And like all who see a point defeated, you resort to insult. I'm trying to be as civil as possible, and if you know me, that is hard sometimes. But I actually have often had a lot of respect for your posts, so I'm keeping that in mind. Margaritas im drinking at the mo help calm me as well.

Anyways, of course trophies are the main measuring stick and I understand thats what counts. But we wanted the league. And he built us to a point where we were a genuine threat, and only needed a couple players to make it happen. But it didn't happen, as we had to sell instead.

But this is not a Benitez what did he do for us discussion, so I'll leave that. This discussions dead, you still have not made your point, and I think you just don't wanna say "Okay, maybe im not totally right" - fair enough, prides hard to swallow.

Just so you know, if you do bring me genuine facts that Benitez is trying to unsettle, I will accept it gracefully.

Don't wanna stray off topic either.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #101: Aug 29, 2010 05:49:26 am
      Every manager has his favourite sons, and no doubt Rafa's favourite sons at Liverpool were Kuyt and Lucas. These are players who got to play every week despite neither overly impressing the fans.

Kuyt runs all day and tries his heart out, his work ethic has never been questioned. He is however not creative, his passing is sloppy, and he is not a clever footballer. He is a classic non talent who has worked his socks off to play at the top level. If Rafa takes him off our hands and we get to invest the funds in a more naturally gifted attacking player it would be a win for LFC.

Lucas is another player who like Kuyt rarely stamps himself on a match. He gets plenty of the ball, and distributes it in a safe manner, sideways, or backwards, but does not possess the "vision" required to make the killer pass. Many fans do both defend and praise Lucas because they remember all the passes he makes in a match and assume that quantity =quality.  Other fans realise that a club with aspirations to win silverware require elite midfielders with vision, such as Gerrard and Alonso who can cut open defences.

In summary Kuyt and Lucas are average squad players and I would bite Rafa's hand off if he offered 20 million for the pair. (Even if he doesn't make any decisions at Inter) 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #102: Aug 29, 2010 10:31:18 am

In summary Kuyt and Lucas are average squad players and I would bite Rafa's hand off if he offered 20 million for the pair. (Even if he doesn't make any decisions at Inter) 
      Fair play but more speculation-once again how many players have gone to join Rafa?
      If I didn't know better I would be thinking Rafa was employed by H&G as a decoy to divert some sniping from them...or just maybe somebody else is creating the speculation for that very reason (who'd have thought),.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #103: Aug 29, 2010 10:55:27 am
      Don't understand why all the fuss it's what all managers do, Roys doing it to fulham
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #104: Aug 29, 2010 12:26:11 pm
      Yeah but we dont care about fulham....
      Or any other club for that matter!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #105: Aug 29, 2010 12:33:50 pm
      Rafa is like any other manager,it is his right to nominate any potential players for signing.If it involves our players then currently,Purslow is the one that makes the deals.Hodgeson is currently the manager with no bollocks.So don't criticise Rafa,direct your'e frustration at Purslime and Hodgeson,they are supposedly running our club,not Rafa.

How can you call yourself a Liverpool supporter when you would support the Inter Milan manager ahead of our own?  You clearly didn't want Rafa to leave and that is fine, but the reality is that he is gone now.  Roy Hodgson is Liverpool manager, give him your support.  
      The King is dead, long live the King.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #106: Aug 29, 2010 12:56:32 pm
      How can you call yourself a Liverpool supporter when you would support the Inter Milan manager ahead of our own?  You clearly didn't want Rafa to leave and that is fine, but the reality is that he is gone now.  Roy Hodgson is Liverpool manager, give him your support.  
      The King is dead, long live the King.

TK, I don't know how else to say this but if I were you, I'd take a wee bit of time to read other threads, older threads.

If you do you'll, probably see that its more than wrong to question redroy's credentials as a Liverpoool fan. He's, without doubt, one of the good guys.
      In fact it may be a good idea, all round, if you read older threads. Just a thought.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #107: Aug 29, 2010 01:07:00 pm
      Not exactly right.

They have made Konchesky for sale.

We have not made Kuyt for sale, that's obviously.
      No they havent..
      They just know it will be almost impossible convincing not to join Woy at the biggest club in the world
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #108: Aug 29, 2010 02:59:39 pm
      While this topic was more about the events of the transfer market and accusations and denials; in the real sense of it, losing the dressing room had unsettled many players already; with key players refusing to commit their future to the club until RH was brought in on a two-year contract.

Solodee, i've read your initial, thread opening, post again. The topic was only about Benitez, in his role as coach of Inter, unsettling Kuyt and Masch by making bids for them.

As the thread opened up, it quickly became obvious that your arguments held no water as, again and again they were refuted and proven inaccurate. You, in short, were wrong. Now, rather than admit to being wrong, you've sought to save face by trying to move the goalposts.

The fact remains, however, you were wrong. I understand it's, sometimes, difficult for one to admit that - especially after one has defended one's position so vociferously but no one will think anything less of you if you were to throw them hands up and accept you were mistaken.

Why not open another thread about "The unsettling of Liverpool FC players by Rafa Benitez, last season, in the dressing room"?. Hell, I may even contribute but it won't detract from the fact you were wrong in the context of this thread.  :-\

Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #109: Aug 29, 2010 05:25:26 pm
      You guys are arguing semantics now, just drop it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #110: Aug 29, 2010 06:10:22 pm
      You guys are arguing semantics now, just drop it.

Okay arty boy, consider "it" dropped.

I like that word "semantics" - where did you get that from?
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #111: Aug 30, 2010 09:12:52 am
      Solodee, I've read your initial, thread opening, post again. The topic was only about Benitez, in his role as coach of Inter, unsettling Kuyt and Masch by making bids for them.

As the thread opened up, it quickly became obvious that your arguments held no water as, again and again they were refuted and proven inaccurate. You, in short, were wrong. Now, rather than admit to being wrong, you've sought to save face by trying to move the goalposts.

The fact remains, however, you were wrong. I understand it's, sometimes, difficult for one to admit that - especially after one has defended one's position so vociferously but no one will think anything less of you if you were to throw them hands up and accept you were mistaken.

Why not open another thread about "The unsettling of Liverpool FC players by Rafa Benitez, last season, in the dressing room"?. Hell, I may even contribute but it won't detract from the fact you were wrong in the context of this thread.  :-\

Common sense is not so common after all.

YES! The opening thread was on point about Rafa Benitez' need for Mascherano & Kuyt. It was however not manufactured off the top of my head; it was based on information and interviews published in the media. none of the two players moved to Inter Milan; that does not nullify the fact that Rafa wanted them there which in fact affect the players, however briefly.

Since the beginning of this thread, I have had to read about the "greatness", "goodness" and "magnanimity" o Rafa Benitez concerning the Club. not entirely true.

Read also the comment I responded to; and read my answer that you commented on.

Be hung up on Rafa all you want - it wont change the fact that he's gone. What you need to do is channel all that Rafa-passion into supporting Liverpool FC.

Children of nowadays.......
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #112: Aug 30, 2010 09:21:39 am

YES! The opening thread was on point about Rafa Benitez' need for Mascherano & Kuyt. It was however not manufactured off the top of my head; it was based on information and interviews published in the media. none of the two players moved to Inter Milan; that does not nullify the fact that Rafa wanted them there which in fact affect the players, however briefly.

Since the beginning of this thread, I have had to read about the "greatness", "goodness" and "magnanimity" o Rafa Benitez concerning the Club. not entirely true.

Read also the comment I responded to; and read my answer that you commented on.

Be hung up on Rafa all you want - it wont change the fact that he's gone. What you need to do is channel all that Rafa-passion into supporting Liverpool FC.

Hmm. Really still have not made any point at all, apart from having a dig again.

It's getting tiresome. Every time i see you have posted in here i hope for some valid addition to the discussion, yet instead its just you going in circles and tacking on some attempt at an insult on the end. Nice one.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #113: Aug 30, 2010 09:27:26 am
      Hmm. Really still have not made any point at all, apart from having a dig again.

It's getting tiresome. Every time I see you have posted in here I hope for some valid addition to the discussion, yet instead its just you going in circles and tacking on some attempt at an insult on the end. Nice one.

Really? what point have you made?

"Rafa suggested names to management....." - how is that different from him going after the players in question?
      "None of them moved to inter....." - does that cancel out intent? No

So really what point have you made?

You have a dire need to be right. But what have you been right about so far? What proof have you been able to provide?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #114: Aug 30, 2010 09:39:06 am

Solodee you really are an obnoxious, petty, little man.  :-\

I have given your ignorance a bye-ball because I assumed that English is not your first language. However, after you've resorted to calling me a child and inferring that i've no common sense; I realise that I may be wrong - it may well be that you just lack the ability to comprehend and interpret the written word.

Had your limited intellect allowed you - you would have researched and discovered that a) your initial post was way off the mark and b) this is one poster who is not "hung up" on Benitez. Ironically solodee, it is very apparent that it is, in fact, you who is obsessed with Rafa. You just can't bring yourself to shut the F**k up about the man.

I will not give this imbecilic thread anymore credence by posting in it and you'd be better served by not engaging in written debate - go back to what you do best solodee - copy and paste - it removes the need for original thought . ...something you don't have the capacity for.

Quick Reply