Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (19.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (12.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (48.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat

Read 50491 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat
      Reply #506: Aug 29, 2010 05:36:01 pm
      I hate ranting after a win and turning this in to a Lucas love or hate topic.

But once again Id have to say its basically impossible to pick a player out of that performance and say to yourself "wow, he played really well today".

Defensively Skrtel is starting to scare the sh*t out of me, he basically wrestles attackers to the ground. Think the rest of the back line did OK, Fortune is a big lad but he still gave us abit of a run around.

Midfield, my God. Like I said above If Gerrard wasn't there it would be frightning to think what would happen.
      Poulsen looks like he has a fear of passing forward, thought he had an absoloute shocker today, how we ended up paying 5 million for him is beyond belief. Lucas.. Il give the lad credit he runs his heart out but its simple, he is just not good enough for our football club. Hes sposed to be the link between our back line and strikers, If he ever hit a 40 yard diagnonal pass over to someone on the wing Id have to get Sky player on the job and rewind it to make sure it was actually him. Hes never going to beat a man, hes never going to consistently create goal scoring opportunities, hes never going to get anywere near 5 goals a season, he gives away foolish fouls. The only thing he does do well is track players, and if thats his only quality, why have him in the same team as Poulsen who basically has only the same thing going for him? If he had some other attribute that could make me think, wow, this lads got something, but he just doesn't, hes good at what he does but for me that just isn't enough.

If your going to start him fine, but for the love of God dont start him in the same lineup as Poulsen.

Theres one difference today why we came away with the points and they went away with nothing, and thats Nando. He has that something special that wins you games, without him or Stevie in our team.. It depressess me to think what would happen.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #507: Aug 29, 2010 05:36:15 pm
      Have to agree with you there Redblood, it shows you how bad Poulsen was today that it actually made people think Lucas was man of the match because he passed the ball forward a couple of times. Cracking stuff

I'm serious mate at 45 minutes I was considering suicide it was that painful, had to get the missus to flash me her tits to pull me back from the brink.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #508: Aug 29, 2010 05:37:38 pm
      I'm serious mate at 45 minutes I was considering suicide it was that painful, had to get the missus to flash me her tits to pull me back from the brink.
      LMFAOOOOOOOOO
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #509: Aug 29, 2010 05:37:50 pm
      Couldn't pick a MOTM. Torres got the goal but can't just give him MOTM for that alone. I thought Kuyt worked well today and was 10 million times better than during the week, so gave it to Kuyt.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #510: Aug 29, 2010 05:38:23 pm
      can i come and live with you? you're household sounds fun :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #511: Aug 29, 2010 05:38:40 pm
      Better looking at that Redblood than watching the two tits we had in midfield ;)
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #512: Aug 29, 2010 05:39:43 pm
      Better looking at that Redblood than watching the two tits we had in midfield ;)

nice!! :D
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #513: Aug 29, 2010 05:39:48 pm
          shelvey to meirelles"what do you think"
                             Raul" I think I will confortably push aside those 2 in midfield to the bench for next game"

at least we got the 3 points  with an invisible midfield IMO
                   YNWA
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #514: Aug 29, 2010 05:40:13 pm

:lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #515: Aug 29, 2010 05:40:15 pm
      Don't worry we'll have Meireles next match and maybe Diarra!
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #516: Aug 29, 2010 05:40:23 pm
      I'm happy to see the first victory of the season. From what you wrote Kuyt did a great match, and Torres goal is fantastic. What about Gerrard ?
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #517: Aug 29, 2010 05:42:14 pm

Worked for me !!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #518: Aug 29, 2010 05:42:23 pm
      I actually would rather playing Meireles on his own in there now rather than seeing Lucas and Poulsen play together again. Poulsen has obviously done some good living the last couple of years because the lad can't run.
      redIndian76
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #519: Aug 29, 2010 05:46:28 pm
      Aah, well. There go the eternal optimists that what a great F***ing time we will have if raul and paul and my neighbors mum get in the team. What a great F***ing time we would have had if torres and stevie stayed fit last year and played every game. In fact we would be champions for last 5 years if we could have played our first F***ing eleven every time. If this is the best we can do against a promoted team then the omens are F***ing bad. The league will be decided by the squad and we have a shitty squad to fall back on.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #520: Aug 29, 2010 05:47:49 pm
      Well I do prefer looking at her pink puppy dog noses, other than Lucas and Poulsen, lets be honest neither of them are going to win GQ man of the year in the looks department. ;D

Seriously though I banged the drum about this all last season, playing two defensive midfielders comes at the cost to creating chances or playing flowing football.

Lets be honest here we have a far better squad of players than West Brom who expressed them self on the pitch and played with fluidity because their line up was positive.

Send two defensive minded midfielders onto the pitch and that is a negative tactic that results in negative football.

Roy was supposed to be coming here and doing thing his own way and to me the way we are lining up at present is just a continuation of last season yet playing with two inferior players in Poulsen and Jovanovich.

So in my opinion until Roy changes things around and gives the team his own identity, we'll see more of this negative play that may end up costing us a lot of points.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #521: Aug 29, 2010 05:48:23 pm
      I'm going to blame everything that bothers me in the game. Starting with the ref, he's shocking. The only thing he did right the whole game was sending the Brom's player off. Nasty tackle on Torres, Torres's sock was torn, if Torres have not had the shin pad on, he would have broken his leg now. I'd say, 10 match ban on that Brom player. A handball inside the box and we got a corner, what sort of refeering is that. Either no yellow card and a corner or a yellow card and penalty. Roy ask the PL for an explanation. Roy must start to make a lot alot of noise from now so that we don't get anymore bias refeering. No link-up play between midfielders and forwards, more of "come what may". Again, I ask the same question what did they do in training. We keep watching this type of performance, a lot of us are going to die of depression and heart attack. Nevertheless, 3-points in the bag. Hopefully with Cole and meirales, we'll perform better. Lucas and Poulsen, I prefer not to say anything more, everything has been said already.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 11:34:59 am by redkop63 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #522: Aug 29, 2010 05:49:05 pm
      Kuyt got MOTM for me. Had a very good second half on the left, was fantastic in the build up for the goal and caused problems for them from that side.

Torres with a wonderful strike which will hopefully give him a right good boost for the Birmingham and United games.

Poulsen was F***ing sh*t although Lucas played pretty well in the second half IMO. Got to drop Poulsen for Meireles though next game.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #523: Aug 29, 2010 05:51:10 pm
      I said Hodgson is a negative manager not a critism of him was just reacting to comments made by people on here saying we were going to play more attacking football under Roy. Don't know where they were getting that from. Anyone that plays 2 defensive midfielders at home against West Brom needs there head examined.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #524: Aug 29, 2010 05:51:46 pm
      Thought it was only losses we complained about Lucas, but it's with wins too!

Supportive, us lot ;)

Tell you, that Dorrans is a good player. Watched him a fair bit last season and if Brom don't survive, he should go on to a Premier League club.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #525: Aug 29, 2010 05:52:28 pm
      Seriously though I banged the drum about this all last season, playing two defensive midfielders comes at the cost to creating chances or playing flowing football.

I agree 100%, but what option did we have today?  Cole? Banned.  Maxi? Sick all week.  NGog? Presumably tired.  Meireles? Not ready.  That basically leaves Babel...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #526: Aug 29, 2010 05:54:20 pm
      Torres' 50th Anfield goal. Good enough for my MOTM
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #527: Aug 29, 2010 05:54:39 pm
      Well it wasn't the best game in the world but three points is three points. Lucas and Poulsen should not start together ever again, however Poulsen did impress and grew into the game.

We have played Arsenal and City probably the hardest start of anyone this season but somehow we are level on points wi a team that spent over 200 million and Spurs who pay silly wages to stockpile players.

We have perhaps our most creative midfielder (Cole) and a touch of class Miereles to come into the side. Looks like we will also have a professional left back coming in also, no matter what people say it will be an improvement than playing players out of position. Plus we may have a striker coming in loads of rumours today but will wait and see on that.

oh and the blueslime lost happy days. 
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #528: Aug 29, 2010 05:54:51 pm
      Anyone that plays 2 defensive midfielders at home against West Brom needs there head examined.

:mad:

With Cole banned, Maxi ill all week, Meireles not ready and NGog we presume tired (given that he wasn't even on the bench) what option did we have?
      If Hodgson went with that side with all those four available, I'd be the first to criticise him, but I don't see that he had a real option.

Quick Reply