Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (8.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (3.2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (6.5%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (19.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (12.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (48.4%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1.6%)

Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat

Read 50460 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 West Brom: In game and Post Match chat
      Reply #552: Aug 29, 2010 06:42:28 pm
      We are getting neither success or good football, last season was torture and I'm willing to bet this season is going to be the same. The football we have played so far under Hodgson is extremely defensive to say the least.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #553: Aug 29, 2010 06:52:30 pm
      Ffs reading some of this crap is depressing. No surprise that the posters with the most post are the most negative so called Liverpool fans I have ever known. Get a grip of yourselves ffs.

I actually read in one post that Hicks and Gillet may have asked Milan to bid for our players hohoho this woe is me sh*t is dragging the club down.. I don't care if we sign F***ing no one  else and sold all the first team. Whoever the manager puts on the pitch it's Liverpool it's my life and they get my support. Yeah that's Right support SUPPORT Roy has just won his first home game and some armchair F***ing fans sitting there saying he should of picked this should of picked that. F**k off and support Villa morons

Well done Roy and the boys onward and upwards
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #554: Aug 29, 2010 06:56:37 pm
      At the minute im just happy to get some points on the board, things will get better people,C
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #555: Aug 29, 2010 06:56:40 pm
      Ffs reading some of this crap is depressing. No surprise that the posters with the most post are the most negative so called Liverpool fans I have ever known. Get a grip of yourselves ffs.

I actually read in one post that Hicks and Gillet may have asked Milan to bid for our players hohoho this woe is me sh*t is dragging the club down.. I don't care if we sign F***ing no one  else and sold all the first team. Whoever the manager puts on the pitch it's Liverpool it's my life and they get my support. Yeah that's Right support SUPPORT Roy has just won his first home game and some armchair F***ing fans sitting there saying he should of picked this should of picked that. F**k off and support Villa morons

2 wins in a row is a decent enough platform to do just that.

Agree with the negativity. We won.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #556: Aug 29, 2010 07:00:09 pm

Ok mate lets be honest  here what was positive about that performance other than we got three points and Nando scored a screamer as the football on show from our team for large portions of the game was diabolical.

You call myself or other members negative.

I'll give you negative mate, last season I stated 09/10 pre-season that if we relied heavily on Lucas Leiva as our creative element in the side over he course of a full season we were going to struggle.

That appeared to be the case.

Last season I started a thread the lack of creativity from our engine room that highlighted the pitfalls of playing two defensive midfielders that was coming at a cost to creating enough chances to win games.

Again that appeared to be the case.

Today I've highlighted again our midfield horror show in terms of being offensive and creative.

That's not being negative mate.

It's stating the F***ing obvious, a blind man on a galloping horse could see it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #557: Aug 29, 2010 07:00:51 pm

I actually read in one post that Hicks and Gillet may have asked Milan to bid for our players hohoho this woe is me sh*t is dragging the club down.. I don't care if we sign f**king no one  else and sold all the first team. Whoever the manager puts on the pitch it's Liverpool it's my life and they get my support. Yeah that's Right support SUPPORT Roy has just won his first home game and some armchair f**king fans sitting there saying he should of picked this should of picked that. F**k off and support Villa morons

I am usually pretty positive on the forum and will always support whatever player is selected to play for us but there is a difference between support and accepting performances which we have had this season.

I don't think it is unfair for us to criticise a performance where we have been second best for most of the game against a newly promoted side who were beat 6-0 in their last away game. This squad even without any additions is much better than West Brom's but you would not be able to tell if you watched today's game. If someone who had never seen football before watched this game they would think we were the team just promoted not them.

I will always support the manager and players but am not prepared to accept another season of such poor football as it is not good enough for this club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #558: Aug 29, 2010 07:01:16 pm
      Agree with the negativity. We won.

Come on Crouchy we won yes, but we got out played for the first 60 minutes on our home soil by a newly promoted team, does that not give you cause for concern ?

If that had been the Villa's or Evertons of this world today we'd have left empty handed mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #559: Aug 29, 2010 07:01:40 pm
      A win is a win, but pretty uninspiring stuff, noticed it wasn't a sell-out either.

Voted for Kuyt as MOTM as a thought he put a really good shift in today.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #560: Aug 29, 2010 07:02:09 pm
      to be fair, west brom played well. they had good passing and defended with a lot of heart. it was a more difficult game then I anticipated, but west brom should take credit for some of that.

nevertheless, I'm really pleased that we didnt crack and showed characted. I was impressed with jovanovich and kuyt's work rate and obviously torres's goal. but that 60 yard throw by our baldy...that made me wet.

played lads, good work.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #561: Aug 29, 2010 07:04:29 pm
      Come on Crouchy we won yes, but we got out played for the first 60 minutes on our home soil by a newly promoted team, does that not give you cause for concern ?

If that had been the Villa's or Evertons of this world today we'd have left empty handed mate.

Last season i doubt we would of won, so yeah i'm pretty happy about that.

Performance lacked spark, but that'll come.

We've one a couple on the trot, let's just build on that. I'd take 38 1-0 wins throughout the league season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #562: Aug 29, 2010 07:07:00 pm
      Last season i doubt we would of won, so yeah i'm pretty happy about that.

Performance lacked spark, but that'll come.

We've one a couple on the trot, let's just build on that. I'd take 38 1-0 wins throughout the league season.

Not this year we've won lost and drawn ;D

Performance lacked spark but it will come, how many times did we say that last season ?

Playing two defensive midfielders robs you off that spark mate.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #563: Aug 29, 2010 07:08:23 pm
      Not this year we've won lost and drawn ;D

Performance lacked spark but it will come, how many times did we say that last season ?

Playing two defensive midfielders robs you off that spark mate.

If Raul was ready to play, Raul would of played in the midfield.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #564: Aug 29, 2010 07:09:55 pm
      Ok mate lets be honest  here what was positive about that performance other than we got three points and Nando scored a screamer as the football on show from our team for large portions of the game was diabolical.

You call myself or other members negative.

But you fail to see the positives this is my point. Lucas is a bench warmer granted but we have Cole and Miereles to come in a massive positive massive compared to last season Poulsen played only his second game in English football at the side of Lucas and came through will only get better another massive positive. My problem is this my Mrs Loves really loves eastenders corry holby city and why?.. Because she loves to see people misery and is to be honest a bit depressive herself. You my friend love to look at the negatives rather than the positives of LFC.

I have a friend who hates Everton more than he loves Liverpool I call him a tat too.

I'll give you negative mate, last season I stated 09/10 pre-season that if we relied heavily on Lucas Leiva as our creative element in the side over he course of a full season we were going to struggle.

That appeared to be the case.

Last season I started a thread the lack of creativity from our engine room that highlighted the pitfalls of playing two defensive midfielders that was coming at a cost to creating enough chances to win games.

Again that appeared to be the case.

Today I've highlighted again our midfield horror show in terms of being offensive and creative.

That's not being negative mate.

It's stating the f**king obvious, a blind man on a galloping horse could see it.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #565: Aug 29, 2010 07:11:40 pm
      Well what other F***ing option did he have?

Drop Gerrard back and play Pacheco? I love Dani and call for him to play more than anyone but you saw how WBA play and they could of exposed the holes he'd leave in midfield more than they did today with Poulsen. Morrison had two clean strikers at goal with no contest.

He just signed a midfielder to slot into the side. If he keeps playing two defensive midfielders then, go ahead and complain, but F**k me the man can't win. If he goes to a 4-4-2 and plays Gerrard with Lucas, Maxi on the right and Dirk up top then people will complain about him playing a 4-4-2 as well.

Cut him some slack on this one and judge him when he was a few more options to choose with. It's easy calling the shots from an armchair but his hands were tied today.

The performance wasn't great but how many sides win every game playing great? We had a clean sheet, Torres got on the sheet and we get our first win of the season in the league.

Sometimes, instead of finding excuses to complain, you have to accept what's happened, take the positives (like 3 points for example!) and move on.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #566: Aug 29, 2010 07:12:32 pm
      At the risk of sounding somewhat positive. . . Today we are level with City and Spurs in the table. After the nightmare game last weekend that alone for me is quality. I will pin my hopes on Raul being the creative dynamo we need before I get swallowed up in too much negativity
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #567: Aug 29, 2010 07:13:52 pm
      A win is a win, but pretty uninspiring stuff, noticed it wasn't a sell-out either.

Voted for Kuyt as MOTM as a thought he put a really good shift in today.

That might have something to do with the ticket office f**king up and not sending out ANY of the members sale tickets. People had to bring a shiteload of identity today to get duplicates in order to go to the game. Identity that me and my mate didnt have seeing as my mate was going on my dads fancard and his debit card had paid for them and he was about 60 miles away on a family do.

Glad I didnt go. Saved meself about £10 in taxi and bus fares.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #568: Aug 29, 2010 07:17:53 pm

But you fail to see the positives this is my point. Lucas is a bench warmer granted but we have Cole and Miereles to come in a massive positive massive compared to last season Poulsen played only his second game in English football at the side of Lucas and came through will only get better another massive positive. My problem is this my Mrs Loves really loves eastenders corry holby city and why?.. Because she loves to see people misery and is to be honest a bit depressive herself. You my friend love to look at the negatives rather than the positives of LFC.

I see the positives, I'm aware that we have Cole and Meirles but in the same breath I'm aware of things such as injuries and suspension.

Who'd have thought last season that our central midfield pairing for the majority of last season would have been Lucas and Masch ?

That came about due to injuries and suspension and cost us in my opinion our top 4 finish.

My opinion on Poulsen is not only based on Poulsen in England, he was sh*te at Juve, he was sh*te at the World cup and on current performances here he's been sh*te also.

Lucas will only get better, this has been said for three years, where in reality he has slightly improved but no where near enough offensively to be of any use when sitting along side a defensive midfielder.

So yes the positives are we do actually have some real good players, the downside to that is, if they get injured for any prolonged period of time, we are royally fu**ed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #569: Aug 29, 2010 07:22:03 pm
      Well what other F***ing option did he have?

He had a few to be honest and yes to be honest I'd have taken Pachecos involvement over Poulsens.

Pacheco proved again just this week, that he has the ability.

West Broms game plan was to come on to us because they knew our set up was counter productive to playing attacking football, we invited them on to us, had Gerrard played centrally that would not have been the case.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #570: Aug 29, 2010 07:23:31 pm
      Redblood how many midfielders do you want on the books, Gerrard Lucas Miereles Cole Shelvey Poulsen that's six we can only play two at a time ,ok maybe three depending on formation. The problem you refer to I.e. Injuries is why we played what we did today   miereles unfit Cole suspended Poulsen unfit. And yet we won a massive positive.

Add Pacheco to the list
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #571: Aug 29, 2010 07:26:58 pm
      Redblood how many midfielders do you want on the books,

I can think of two I don't want, does that answer your question ?

I've said the three points was a positive mate, but I'm not going to jump for joy at the nature we went about getting them, if anything it set the alarm bells ringing at how poor we were.

Its a sign of a good team that can win when playing poorly, but if that had been a better team I think we'd have been slaughtered.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #572: Aug 29, 2010 07:31:20 pm
      Well what other f**king option did he have?

Drop Gerrard back and play Pacheco? I love Dani and call for him to play more than anyone but you saw how WBA play and they could of exposed the holes he'd leave in midfield more than they did today with Poulsen. Morrison had two clean strikers at goal with no contest.

He just signed a midfielder to slot into the side. If he keeps playing two defensive midfielders then, go ahead and complain, but f**k me the man can't win. If he goes to a 4-4-2 and plays Gerrard with Lucas, Maxi on the right and Dirk up top then people will complain about him playing a 4-4-2 as well.

Cut him some slack on this one and judge him when he was a few more options to choose with. It's easy calling the shots from an armchair but his hands were tied today.

The performance wasn't great but how many sides win every game playing great? We had a clean sheet, Torres got on the sheet and we get our first win of the season in the league.

Sometimes, instead of finding excuses to complain, you have to accept what's happened, take the positives (like 3 points for example!) and move on.

Top post.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #573: Aug 29, 2010 07:31:23 pm
      Yes the performance was shocking, but I wish people would stop being so down about a win.

It's a platform to build upon, as previously stated 2 wins on the bounce, we have Birmingham next (In the league), and its about time we get one over them, hopefully with a fully fit team (minus Cole) we can start seeing better football. Cole will be back for the game against United and I honestly can't think of a better game for him to score his first Premier League goal for us in.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #574: Aug 29, 2010 07:47:05 pm
      I look forward to when we win and it feels like a win. Reading through this post match is depressing the F***ing sh*te outta me!

Quick Reply