Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

La Liga

Read 356680 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: La Liga
      Reply #1656: Jun 16, 2017 04:08:13 pm
      Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid over the accusations of the tax avoidance. In other words, he's been caught out and is guilty as sin. Didn't see Messi wanting out of Spain when he was investigated.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #1657: Jun 20, 2017 08:07:23 am
      Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid over the accusations of the tax avoidance. In other words, he's been caught out and is guilty as sin. Didn't see Messi wanting out of Spain when he was investigated.

I'm not buying this he wants to leave stuff.

I reckon he wants Madrid to cover his tax bill or something.  He'll still be there next season IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #1658: Jun 20, 2017 12:20:34 pm
      I'm not buying this he wants to leave stuff.

I reckon he wants Madrid to cover his tax bill or something.  He'll still be there next season IMO.

Exactly!

Barca paid Messi's off from what I remember. Madrid have probably told Ronaldo to get sorted out of his own earnings, hence his bi*ch-fest about wanting to leave.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1659: Jun 20, 2017 02:00:34 pm
      Didn't see Messi wanting out of Spain when he was investigated.

Maybe you didn't look hard enough ;D

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/messi-may-leave-spain-over-tax-jail-threat-1.2011033
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1660: Jun 20, 2017 02:29:14 pm

Bit of speculation that was obviously not going to be true is a lot different to Ronaldo telling Madrid he wants to go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1661: Jun 20, 2017 02:32:49 pm
      Bit of speculation that was obviously not going to be true is a lot different to Ronaldo telling Madrid he wants to go.

Do we know he's told Madrid this, or is that just speculation as well? I've not seen him say anything personally about it.

Most likely Messi and Ronaldo are not that different in the way they deal with their respective clubs. Until I've seen him playing for someone else, I'll assume it's just posturing to try and get his club to support his efforts to push  back on these charges (just like Messi).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1662: Jun 20, 2017 02:35:19 pm
      Do we know he's told Madrid this, or is that just speculation as well? I've not seen him say anything personally about it

Thought Madrid had confirmed he wanted to leave and said they wouldn't stand in his way?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1663: Jun 20, 2017 02:51:55 pm
      Thought Madrid had confirmed he wanted to leave and said they wouldn't stand in his way?

Oh have they? I hadn't seen it but maybe so. Only reason they say that is they'll turn around and spend his money on Mbappe ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1664: Jun 30, 2017 11:10:46 pm
      Had 'Wrapped Around Your Finger' by The Police playing on my ipod shuffle when I watched this clip. The perfect song for it!

https://twitter.com/SimoneGambino/status/880909273550786561
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1665: Jun 30, 2017 11:25:52 pm
      Barcelona are hardly setting the world alight with their business this summer so far. Gone from signing players like Neymar and Suarez to Alacer last year which was an odd one and now re-signing Deulofeu, along with close to getting in Paulinho. Thought they'd have been targeting world class players, they certainly need a boost in midfield and in defence.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1666: Jun 30, 2017 11:30:25 pm
      Barcelona are hardly setting the world alight with their business this summer so far. Gone from signing players like Neymar and Suarez to Alacer last year which was an odd one and now re-signing Deulofeu, along with close to getting in Paulinho. Thought they'd have been targeting world class players, they certainly need a boost in midfield and in defence.

The sporting director robert Fernández doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box, veratti is the main choice along with a rb but are being linked with average players such as lucas lima and paulinho
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1667: Jul 01, 2017 12:04:57 am
      The sporting director robert Fernández doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box, veratti is the main choice along with a rb but are being linked with average players such as lucas lima and paulinho

Really can't see them going after Veratti, think that is just a bit of media talk. Other wise why would they be going after Paulinho and Lima? They signed some defender from a Brazilian team too I think, seems like they are trying to skimp as much as they can. Having been dumped out of the Champions League so easily and having not won it for 2 seasons as well as missing out on La Liga last season I thought they'd have been going all out to try and re-claim a treble again. Lost their way a bit.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1668: Jul 06, 2017 11:57:41 pm
      Really can't see them going after Veratti, think that is just a bit of media talk. Other wise why would they be going after Paulinho and Lima? They signed some defender from a Brazilian team too I think, seems like they are trying to skimp as much as they can. Having been dumped out of the Champions League so easily and having not won it for 2 seasons as well as missing out on La Liga last season I thought they'd have been going all out to try and re-claim a treble again. Lost their way a bit.

Incompetence at the top and at all levels of the club, from the first team to la masia. Buying players in their mid 20's for the b team, getting mixed up in all kinds of legal sh*t and real madrid must be laughing. Ad for veratti the interest is real but it is similar to the keita business plus psg are adamant that Barcelona are the last club they would sell to
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2017 12:02:42 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1669: Jul 29, 2017 07:43:07 pm
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3168046/barcelona-to-report-psg-to-uefa-if-club-pay-222m-euros-neymar-fee-sources

Barca cu*ts to report PSG for breaking the rules if they meet Neymar's transfer clause. Oh the F***ing irony.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1670: Aug 02, 2017 05:25:28 pm
      Neymar to PSG for 200mill. Fantastic player but not at the level of Suarez and Messi IMO, as shown by his stats compared to theirs over the last few seasons. 650k a week apparently, after tax. Going from Barca to a club in a Mickey Mouse league where it's all about him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1671: Aug 02, 2017 05:30:53 pm
      Neymar to PSG for 200mill. Fantastic player but not at the level of Suarez and Messi IMO, as shown by his stats compared to theirs over the last few seasons. 650k a week apparently, after tax. Going from Barca to a club in a Mickey Mouse league where it's all about him.

Of course if Kyle Walker is worth 50m, then Neymar for 200m is pretty good money ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1672: Aug 02, 2017 05:32:57 pm
      Of course if Kyle Walker is worth 50m, then Neymar for 200m is pretty good money ;D

Well yeah when you look at it like that. Don't think Barca would have sold for that though had it not been for the release clause.

Interesting to see how PSG swing this one considering how they've been closely watched by FFP in the past
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1673: Aug 02, 2017 05:33:21 pm

I completely agree. I would not have him near Suarez or Messi in terms of outright quality. He's a bit of a freeloader in comparison to those two...and he looks like a F***ing Edd The Duck tribute act.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1674: Aug 02, 2017 05:35:40 pm
      I completely agree. I would not have him near Suarez or Messi in terms of outright quality. He's a bit of a freeloader in comparison to those two...and he looks like a f**king Edd The Duck tribute act.

Apparently he lost the ball something like 50+ times vs Juve the other week. Seems like he's just thrown his toys out the pram because he was expecting everything to revolve around him, not Messi and then Suarez.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1675: Aug 02, 2017 06:50:15 pm
      Well yeah when you look at it like that. Don't think Barca would have sold for that though had it not been for the release clause.

Interesting to see how PSG swing this one considering how they've been closely watched by FFP in the past

From what I've read and that has been explained by a chief sports-economist here in Belgium (It has not been confirmed yet of course and they still have to check it all) it's going to be something like this:

Qatar, that owns PSG, pay Neymar the €220 million to help promote the WC in Qatar and act as an ambassador. Neymar can then use the money to fulfill the buy-out clause in his contract at Barcelona and then move to PSG. PSG don't pay the transferfee directly themselves and that way the Financial Fairplay rules don't apply to the transfer.

There's also rumours that it's a bit of a revenge act by Qatar to get back at Barcelona for not using 'Qatar Airways' as their shirt sponsor anymore. It's now some Japanese company.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1676: Aug 03, 2017 08:51:40 pm
      Neymar: Paris St-Germain sign Barcelona forward for world record 222m euros

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40762417

I'm done.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum

Quick Reply