Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Will signing a striker address our problems

Read 8613 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Will signing a striker address our problems
      Aug 30, 2010 02:37:00 pm
      Liverpool FC Consider Hammers' Carlton Cole, but Do the Reds Need Him ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/445761-liverpool-fc-consider-hammers-carlton-cole-but-do-the-reds-need-him

By kaustav bose (Liverpool Featured Columnist) on August 29, 2010

Will Liverpool add Yet another Cole to Their Line-Up?
      As per recent reports in skysports.com, Liverpool FC have desperately started to look for striking options within the transfer window and Carlton Cole from West Ham looks high on the priority list for the Reds boss Roy Hodgson.

Carlton Cole has been a pillar for the Hammers ever since he signed for them in 2006. A towering figure at 6'3'' Carlton Cole, however, has already impressed in the premier league and earned a lot of interest from a host of other premier league outfits although it must be said that the interest from Liverpool is not new for the England International.

Given the current state of affairs, the source reports that the current interest is as of now in very early stages and no further inferences can be drawn. Although, the recent Hammers manager is reported to have stated that he would not want Cole to leave West Ham and even Carlton himself pledged his loyalty to the club very recently.

Now considering the deal in the light of other reports, it seems that Carlton Cole may very well be Liverpool's last resort to solve the striker crisis, as reported talks like direct swap for Ryan Babel or even Lucas plus Cash is also being given a thought . Clearly, a desperate step to prize away one of Upton Park's brightest talents.

West Ham though have strengthened their strikers department ever since the last winter window, when they signed Benni Mc Carthy from Blackburn Rovers. To add to that Avram Grant has also added Fredric Piquionne who also played for his former club Portsmouth.

Very recently following the departure of Alessandro Diamanti to Brescia, the Hammers have also managed to lure the services of the highly rated Inter Milan striker Victor Obinna on loan.

Even though strong rumors are doing the rounds, it would be well worth it if we have a look as to whether, Carlton Cole is really someone whom the Reds desperately need.

Carlton Cole spent a majority of his youth at Chelsea and though very highly rated by the then Chelsea manager, Claudio Ranieri, Carlton really did spend the majority of his playing time on loan at Wolves, Charlton and Aston Villa before heading back to Chelsea, who sold him then to West Ham in 2006.

Now although West Ham are not really considered a top team in the premier league, a meagre 26 goals from 105 appearances for Cole means that he is basically a better target man at best rather than a player who drops back and forth. His inabilty to score in plenty could thus be attributed to scarcity of deliveries from the Hammers mid-field.

Now although a move to Liverpool should be an attractive option for Carlton Cole, it would be only possible if firstly Cole is promised regular first team football. Now to do that Roy Hodgson would need to play a more of 4-4-2 type of formation. A formation which could render Torres and Carlton Cole as partners upfront, thus altering his (Torres') present style of play as a lone forward.

Moreover if a fair analysis of the Liverpool FC versus WBA match is made, the striking feature should be the missing creativity from the Reds. None of the Liverpool FC players really looked good enough to dribble past the newly promoted Albion players, a really disappointing sight for any Reds fan.

Now even if Carlton Cole is considered in the mix does it really give a creative option for the Reds?

Clearly, the answer to all those is "No."

Ideally it is easy to understand that Liverpool needed more of a versatile striker who could play both a striker  when needed or anyways had admirable ability to create link-up plays along with stunning pace to blaze through the length of the pitch to convert counter attacks.

The big advantage with Carlton Cole is not only his reach due to his height but also the fact that it is those type of players who have a record of excelling under Roy Hodgson.

Unfortunately, with just a day to go in the transfer window, too many options don't look viable for the Reds and even though a few qualities may be missing, Liverpool would still do great to at least a little pressure off Torres if they manage a striker like Carlton Cole.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Will signing a striker address our problems
      Reply #1: Aug 30, 2010 02:55:47 pm
      I think we do need another striker ,someone who is a physical presence to hold the ball and make defenders work very hard,Spain had LLorente (i think it was ) as a centre forward in a couple of games and he really did worry defenders ,if Carlton Cole could do a similar job then yes he's be worthwile,N'gog is a little lightweight at the moment and doesn't scare defenders ,maybe in a few years he might but do we have that time ?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Aug 30, 2010 03:05:30 pm
      In answer to the title, yes. It was blatantly obvious against West Brom that whenever we looked to go forward, it was a case of looking up to see where Torres is and then... 'hoof'
      Torres is an amazing player but any half decent team will look to stop him receiving the ball and we seem pretty limited once they've done that. We NEED another threat up front.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Aug 30, 2010 03:13:39 pm
      Id say No but it would be a big help in our on the field troubles.

If you want to really address our problems as a whole, its the club being sold to proper custodians.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 30, 2010 03:22:40 pm
      Yes of course BUT biggest problems arent on the pitch.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Aug 30, 2010 03:24:16 pm

I can think of only one user on this forum that would disagree with you on that one...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Aug 30, 2010 03:25:36 pm
      Not really, no.

It'd help a lot, but our problems spread beyond the needs of the first team to the needs of the club obviously.

And it really depends on what kind of striker we get.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Aug 30, 2010 03:30:01 pm
      In answer to the title, yes. It was blatantly obvious against West Brom that whenever we looked to go forward, it was a case of looking up to see where Torres is and then... 'hoof'

Not added by the fact the the movement from Gerrard, Jovanovic & Kuyt was abysmal at times.  It's so f'n depressing to see Johnson & Lucas being the only two players being mobile & trying to create space for themselves.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Aug 30, 2010 03:34:19 pm
      We desperately need a second top class striker and by top class I don't mean Carlton Cole. If Torres gets injured again I won't be prepared to watch David N'Gog lead the line again. Mario Gomez - there is a man who would be a wonderful aquisition for Liverpool.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #9: Aug 30, 2010 03:36:04 pm
      The lack of strength in depth is so obvious it's embarrassing.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Aug 30, 2010 03:42:38 pm
      I can think of only one user on this forum that would disagree with you on that one...

Gazza31 :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #11: Aug 30, 2010 03:47:04 pm
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Aug 30, 2010 03:53:39 pm
      I think we need another midfielder.
      We lost Xabi (Aquilani was supposed to replace him but didn't and is gone) and we lost Masch. Two quality midfielders down.
      This Meireles guy sounds promising but not so sure about Poulsen. If one of those two is injured though, or playing crap, Lucas is next in line for central mid and I still don't think we'll make top4 with Lucas starting even 33% of games. The position is too important.
      Think Roy would like to play 4-2-3-1 ie. just one striker. Torres is the main man but there is cover with Kuyt, Jova, Babel, Ngog.
      In fairness, yes, it would be good to have another decent striker ie. better than Ngog, to fill in for Torres, but for me the backup options for central midfield are weaker than the backup options we have for the striker.
      I'd go for another central midfielder, who is a bit more attack minded, and maybe try to move Lucas on in the process. But time is getting short.
      Anyway, sounds like he's decided to go for a striker though I ain't a fan of Mr. Cole, but would give him the benefit of the doubt.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #13: Aug 30, 2010 04:09:20 pm
      Over two summer transfer windows we have ripped the heart out of our midfield. While signing a striker may alleviate the pressure on Torres to a certain extent, our problem still lies in the central midfield area. No team in the world could absorb the loss of two truly world class players from the most pivotal area of the side.

While Cole is not the most gifted of strikers he does give us another option. While guile is all well and good, it's nice to add some brawn into the equation as well. Whether we sign him or not is irrelevant, we most definitely need a good back-up striker, something we've been sorely missing since the arrival of Torres.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #14: Aug 30, 2010 04:13:52 pm
      I think the problem is that its not just a striker we need but a a creative centre midfielder also. If Stevie doesnt start there just like yesterday theres no supply from the middle of the pitch so he and especially Nando get isolated. Maybe this new signing will be more creative than Lucas, Poulsen or even Masch ever was??

Yes we need another striker but its not the answer to all our attacking problems.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 04:19:24 pm by kelvo »
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #15: Aug 30, 2010 04:18:33 pm
      It would address a problem, but certainly not all.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #16: Aug 30, 2010 04:21:34 pm

I didn't know they were allowed the internet in Ashworth...?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #17: Aug 30, 2010 04:51:48 pm
      It would elimate one of our many problems!

When Torres is injured, or just in need of a rest- it would be nice to have a back-up!
      I mean Kuyt does alright when upfront on his own (ala spurs January), as does Babel- but i still feel this is the position we need to strengthen the most.
      Just a decent-back up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Aug 30, 2010 04:57:59 pm

He's nibbling on

somewhere.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Aug 30, 2010 05:20:20 pm
      We need another centre midfielder if it means we will see less of Lucas and Poulsen.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #20: Aug 30, 2010 06:33:59 pm
      Carlton Cole will do well with good passes reaching him. We need a cover for Torres.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Aug 30, 2010 06:47:51 pm
      38 league goals in all his career Cole has scored a shocking stat for any striker, he will flop it is flaming obviously he applauded Vidic when Vidic put him on his arse Saturday. Is that someone we really want at Liverpool.
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #22: Aug 30, 2010 07:06:46 pm
      Still cant believe we havn't signed a striker again this window.
      Just hope Roy has got something planned on the quiet.
      Not Carlton Cole!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2010 07:09:53 pm
      38 league goals in all his career Cole has scored a shocking stat for any striker, he will flop it is flaming obviously he applauded Vidic when Vidic put him on his arse Saturday. Is that someone we really want at Liverpool.

Nope! I'd rather just stick with our Nando who puts Vidic on his arse :D

Seriously though, im not sure Cole is any step up at all from Ngog. If we are to buy someone else, i want them to really offer something. I want another Crouch, or Bellamy, type back up. Not Voronin type.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2010 07:15:56 pm
      When I see some like Trezequet going for free, a lad past his best but with experience and still something to offer and I see us being linked to Cole for £12 million it makes my blood boil.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2010 07:24:20 pm
      Signing a striker would address part of the problem we have on the pitch but we need some class.
      We do need cover for torres but long balls hoofed up the pitch to "another heskey" (cole) is not the way forward in my opinion.
      Going for giants doesnt always work, look how Tevez holds the ball up and hes a midget. I would prefer crouch coming back than cole tbh.
      Still a conundrum who roy may have up his sleeve but with the limit cash funds we have and the price on decent strikers these days im not really getting my hopes up tbh, Fabiano would be the best signing we could afford in my opinion. I know hes getting on but holds it up well and has a proven record of finding the back of the net. Due to his age we could prob get him on the cheap too.
      At the end of the day we just need a striker for 1 season to cover torres to ensure we get to 4th spot and hopefully by this time next year our summer transfers would be a completely different kettle of fish.
      Think H+G should give the 15/20mill transfer kitty they seem to have swallowed from our sales this summer, to weatherspoons so we can try to forget their abysmal time at our club. Dont think 15/20 mill would cut it though tbh.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2010 07:26:31 pm
      When I see some like Trezequet going for free, a lad past his best but with experience and still something to offer and I see us being linked to Cole for £12 million it makes my blood boil.

Then you got someone like Raul going cheap as well. A lot better options available for a lot better price around the place.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2010 07:29:32 pm
      If the yanks do plan on hanging around I think it is insanity they wouldn't provide the necessary funds to purchase a good striker, with the right addition up front would make it more likely we could get a top 4 position and the funds that come with it.

But then I don't expect them to use there small F***ing brain especially when it entails them putting something in first to get it back.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #28: Aug 30, 2010 07:32:41 pm
      Still cant believe we havn't signed a striker again this window.
      Just hope Roy has got something planned on the quiet.
      Not Carlton Cole!

Really shocking we have been unable to snatch a striker still.

BUT Better a Cole than no addition. His footwork is good.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Aug 30, 2010 07:42:43 pm
      You are messing are you solodee that his footwork is good that lad is so clumsy on the ball it is unreal and is obviously only getting targetted by Hodgson because he is tall.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #30: Aug 30, 2010 07:56:12 pm
      After watching the game yesterday I thing a good old fashioned wide man is a must ,with Kuyt and Jovanovic more inclined to come inside it makes it easier for the likes of West Brom to defend and frustrate us but another striker would be welcome .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #31: Aug 30, 2010 08:51:34 pm
      After watching the game yesterday I thing a good old fashioned wide man is a must ,with Kuyt and Jovanovic more inclined to come inside it makes it easier for the likes of West Brom to defend and frustrate us but another striker would be welcome .
      Agreed, but looks like we're sh*t out of time before the window closes. As for a striker, Cole isn't world class, but he could do well for us if we do buy him.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #32: Aug 31, 2010 11:20:16 am
      We really need a second striker and haven't had one since Robbie Keane, (whether you liked him or not), left. If Torres gets injured we have very few other options. Last season we took the lead in matches, played teams off the park but couldnt finish them off due to the want of goalscorer - someone you can rely on to stick the ball in the back of the net. However, I think Cole would be another horrendous signing - like Konchesky. It would be a waste of money as I dont think he is any better than what you already have in the squad. He's slow, injury prone and since 2006 until now he has only scored a total of 31 goals. We need another striker but to get Cole on anything other than a few transfer would be a complete waste of time. Not good enough for Liverpool FC. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #33: Aug 31, 2010 05:47:38 pm
      the answer is yes but not carlton soddin cole for heavens sake
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #34: Aug 31, 2010 06:09:16 pm
      Doesn't matter now does it. We have to go half a season without proper cover up front.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #35: Aug 31, 2010 06:14:20 pm
      I think it is criminal we still haven't replaced Keane, it will be 2 years now. Will Really really hamper our challenge for a top 4 place. if Torres has another season like last season we are fu**ed.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #36: Aug 31, 2010 06:52:47 pm
      Well, it looks like we haven't signed a back-up.

Kuyt and N'Gog it is. I'd still rather Kuyt was played up top, though. Then Maxi, Cole etc could play on the right hand side.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #37: Aug 31, 2010 07:18:21 pm
      Yank clowns if Torres gets injured we are up sh*t creek
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #38: Sep 01, 2010 03:23:10 pm
      Yes we do need a cover for Torres but the really important thing is we need a good creative player/midfielder. Having a striker really boost our gameplay as it could ease the goalscoring loads burdened on Torres, but we couldn't afford to have a striker just for the sake of having one. We needed a striker that can strike fear into any defenses heart whether he's small or big. And most important thing is he could click well with Torres. Ngog is good but I couldn't see him getting on well with Torres. When they played, it looked like they were worlds apart. They didn't click and played well.

As much as we needed a good striker but we needed most a good midfielder, someone in a mould of Riquelme/Xavi. Someone who is quick, agile, versatile and can change our direction of play. We got that once in Alonso ( I don't know about Raul). Scoring goals is important but we didn't want Torres to work his way deep from midfield just to get the ball and score. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Sep 01, 2010 03:30:47 pm
      Well, we have Torres, Ngog, Kuyt and Babel.

They are our striking options.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #40: Sep 01, 2010 03:37:22 pm
      Yank clowns if Torres gets injured we are up sh*t creek

Not necessarily- i mean i agree to the extent that we need a decent striker more than any other position- but last season when Torres was injured after christmas- Kuyt didnt do too bad.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #41: Sep 01, 2010 03:41:40 pm
      Its too F***ing late now!

Come on Babs, Eggnogg and Pacheco
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #42: Sep 01, 2010 04:40:24 pm
      lets not forget Jovanović..

I'm totally guted we didnt get a striker.. but we must move on
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #43: Sep 01, 2010 06:26:03 pm
      Well we'll never be able to answer this one.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #44: Sep 01, 2010 07:10:42 pm

That maybe true, but regardless of who owns the club the majority of our players have been criminally underperforming for quite sometime - THEY must be accountable for their own performances.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #45: Sep 01, 2010 07:14:23 pm
      lets not forget Jovanović..

I'm totally guted we didnt get a striker.. but we must move on

Jovanovic's primary position IS a striker. Not sure why Roy is giving so much time up front to Ngog who looks woefully out of his depth. Maybe he is to Roy what Lucas was to Rafa...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #46: Sep 01, 2010 07:22:06 pm
      Jovanovic's primary position IS a striker. Not sure why Roy is giving so much time up front to Ngog who looks woefully out of his depth. Maybe he is to Roy what Lucas was to Rafa...
      N'Gog has scored goals, and looks hungry for more. I think he will do ok this season, he's still learning the trade, but already he has shown that he has learned from watching Torres. He will only improve as the season goes on.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #47: Sep 01, 2010 07:25:49 pm

I don't think I've ever seen Jovanovic play as a lone striker though (he might well have but not in the 10 odd games I watched of him during his time at Standard).  If Hodgson works with him, I could see Jovanovic using his physical strength to good effect in a lone striker role but when he plays for Serbia, they've given him the Kuyt treatment (put him out on the left wing).  

I think we was bought in for some extra squad depth more than anything.  Another option up front, another option to play on the left, if he does well could make the position his own sort of deal.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #48: Sep 01, 2010 07:30:18 pm
      Jovanovic isn't an out and striker, at Standard he was playing more as a left winger/left forward than a striker, Mbokani was their main striker.  And for Serbia he plays as a left winger/left midfielder, at least he did this World Cup and I believe before that too.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #49: Sep 01, 2010 07:37:13 pm
      Jovanovic isn't an out and striker, at Standard he was playing more as a left winger/left forward than a striker, Mbokani was their main striker.  And for Serbia he plays as a left winger/left midfielder, at least he did this World Cup and I believe before that too.

Looked like it was the same sort of deal/similar to Babel.  He was the left sided player in the front three.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #50: Sep 01, 2010 07:41:24 pm
      Looked like it was the same sort of deal/similar to Babel.  He was the left sided player in the front three.
      Yeah, that's technically and traditionally what a winger is though, like in a 4-3-3 system, playing just as advanced on the forward line as the striker but wide. It's just that in modern top football they often play a bit less advanced and also get defensive responsibilities, more an attacking midfielder role, especially when they're not good enough to get a free role.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2010 07:47:21 pm by Dexter »
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #51: Sep 01, 2010 07:49:56 pm
      Yeah, that's technically and traditionally what a winger is though, like in a 4-3-3 system, playing just as advanced as the striker but wide. It's just that in modern top football they often play a bit less advanced and also get defensive responsibilities, especially when they're not good enough to get a free role.

It seemed he was a bit more of an inside forward, cutting inside and all that rather than staying wide like a traditional winger.  I remember watching him and saying we'd just scored ourself a left footed Kuyt but faster, stronger and with better ball control but completely sucked in comparison defensively.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #52: Sep 01, 2010 07:57:08 pm
      Jovanovic you mean? Yeah, strangely he does cut inside alot while he is left footed.  Which is kind of a shame, we can use some width on our wings. He isn't a traditional winger no, he doesn't have the real speed, not that he's slow. But he isn't a striker either. Inside forward is probably what he should be called. It's odd though, usually inside forward are players who cut inside because thats where their good leg is.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #53: Sep 01, 2010 08:06:48 pm
      Jovanovic you mean? Yeah, strangely he does cut inside alot while he is left footed.  Which is kind of a shame, we can use some width on our wings. He isn't a traditional winger no, he doesn't have the real speed, not that he's slow. But he isn't a striker either. Inside forward is probably what he should be called. It's odd though, usually inside forward are players who cut inside because thats where their good leg is.

Yeah you're right, I think Jovanovic is actually fast enough to be a winger, problem is he doesn't maintain that speed while he's on the ball - I'd say he's probably as quick as Torres.

edit: Both Babel and Jova cut inside ;)
      Barlow23
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      • Get the yanks out !!
      Reply #54: Sep 02, 2010 01:28:22 am
       :mad: The team i'd start is 4321 ..Gk reina DL konchesky DR Johnson DC carragher DC Agger/skrtel Cdm Lucas Cdm poulsen Cm gerrard SS kuyt SS Joe Cole CF torres and when torres isn't fit just move kuyt upfront and put babel on in the position just behind him next to gerrard should get more goals that way :) 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Sep 02, 2010 10:00:44 am
      No Raul for you then. . .

Quick Reply