Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Newcastle Chief: Carroll Not Worth Anywhere Near £35million

Read 8114 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Newcastle Chief: Carroll Not Worth Anywhere Near £35million
      Reply #46: Nov 14, 2011 01:42:43 am
      What a nobhead. He claims they rode us around in the market yet their business in the transfer market were three free transfers and 3 signings under 5m.

Cover ups and for one reason only. Ashley is siphoning money out of Newcastle again and as long as they're doing well, the fans are happy. What a mess of a club.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #47: Nov 14, 2011 09:57:33 am
      No wonder they the board and owner is so popular amongst the fans.   So they sold a player that was worthless  for 35m and kept the money.  WHy, I ask are you telling the fans that.  Enrique was sold 10m short of his value.  And by the statement alone the valuations of their players should drop even further.  What a negative publicity blunder for Newcastle's future transactions.   Should we put in a 5m bid for Tiote?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Nov 14, 2011 10:44:46 am
      No wonder they the board and owner is so popular amongst the fans.   So they sold a player that was worthless  for 35m and kept the money.  WHy, I ask are you telling the fans that.  Enrique was sold 10m short of his value.  And by the statement alone the valuations of their players should drop even further.  What a negative publicity blunder for Newcastle's future transactions.   Should we put in a 5m bid for Tiote?

4.5M for Tiote and we'll start.
      :D
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #49: Nov 14, 2011 11:31:27 am
      I pity Newcastle fans, we used to have owners like that, they dont deserve the people who are running their club.

What a relief we can hold our heads high again and just ignore this bullshit.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Nov 14, 2011 11:38:39 am
      Some people really need to get over the price tag and I can't believe it's still being talked about when we all know the circumstances surrounding the transfer.

I guess it helps those people justify any disliking they have for Carroll srs and anything that helps keep their self-importance inflated is welcome. Other than that there can be no reason.

As for Derek Llambias? A two bob c**t in a four hundred quid suit. As corbally says - no class.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Nov 14, 2011 12:46:39 pm
      Ashley is siphoning money out of Newcastle again and as long as they're doing well, the fans are happy. What a mess of a club.

You couldn't be more wrong mate, I live in Newcastle and I can tell you with %100 conviction that the Newcastle fans are anything but happy with Ashley and his Cockney Mafia, regardless of how well they are doing.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #52: Nov 14, 2011 01:07:27 pm
      Great. Now read my post again. That's Ashley's and his board's view - not the fans'.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,021 posts | 3955 
      Reply #53: Nov 14, 2011 01:24:19 pm
      You couldn't be more wrong mate, I live in Newcastle and I can tell you with %100 conviction that the Newcastle fans are anything but happy with Ashley and his Cockney Mafia, regardless of how well they are doing.
      I suppose their good fortune in the Prem is keeping any words of dissent at bay Daz, if and when that bubble bursts that situation will change dramatically.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Nov 14, 2011 01:27:49 pm
      I suppose their good fortune in the Prem is keeping any words of dissent at bay Daz, if and when that bubble bursts Ashley and his crew will that situation will change dramatically.

Mate the words of dissent are still flying around now, any alehouse, cafe, work place etc etc you enter, the talk is how much people want Ashley want gone, the situation is not too dissimilar to what we were like with H&G, for all we we had quite possibly had our best season in the league in the past two decades under H&G our stance and mind set did not change, we still wanted them gone.

Great. Now read my post again. That's Ashley's and his board's view - not the fans'.

Apologies it never read like that.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Nov 14, 2011 07:44:14 pm
      Dont watch the 4-3 "match of the century".
      Watch the post match celebrations and Emlyn's face like a big kid when he raises the FA Cup in '74.

"A circus of a club and a disgrace of a club." Quote DLS.

Losers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,021 posts | 3955 
      Reply #56: Nov 15, 2011 08:22:11 am
      ... for all we we had quite possibly had our best season in the league in the past two decades under H&G our stance and mind set did not change, we still wanted them gone.

Is correct Daz - a very similar situation right now concerning the supporters with Ashley and our reaching such heady heights in the Prem, the rumblings of discontent were muffled by feelings of expectation and optimism.
      Sentiments that were as misplaced then as they now at Newcastle FC.

Quick Reply