Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Birmingham City F.C. v Liverpool F.C. (Barclays Premier League) 12.09.2010.

Read 17995 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Birmingham City F.C. v Liverpool F.C. (Barclays Premier League) 12.09.2010.
      Reply #207: Sep 12, 2010 12:01:02 pm
      This is a game we must really win to show we still mean business. Also, a win would put us on 7 points around the top 5, I think.

If we win by 3 clear goals and Villa lose tomorrow were in the top 4 mate. :D
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #208: Sep 12, 2010 12:07:17 pm
      I will cry myself to sleep if I see the midfield pairing of Lucas & Poulsen again. Surely Roy, like every single fan, without exception, will see that it doesn't work. This is the big leagues now Roy, you arn't at Fulham any more, you can't go to the likes of Birmingham and play for a draw.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #209: Sep 12, 2010 12:14:44 pm
      Lucas and Poulsen in the middle?

F***ing hell not again.
      Well if i turn on the tv and that pair are in the middle ,i will be swiftly changing my vote in the other thread ,seeing that pair together today could seriously damage my soul.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #210: Sep 12, 2010 12:16:39 pm
      ;D

I don't want to see them together either, just shocked at the level of anger.  Maybe we got use to Lucas and Masch, but don't want to start that cycle again.  If he does play them together, I can only conclude that Meireles is not fit, because otherwise it makes no sense.  Either way, when Cole is back, Kuyt is fit, Meireles is setlted I don't think we will see them together.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #211: Sep 12, 2010 12:18:33 pm
      This is the big leagues now Roy, you arn't at Fulham any more, you can't go to the likes of Birmingham and play for a draw.

Yeah, because Rafa would never do that... in fact he never won there, last time we won there was 2004.  We might have had a chance if he didn't take Torres off last year though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #212: Sep 12, 2010 12:19:23 pm
      The thing is with a defensive line up it sets the precedent for negative defensive football it's counter productive in all aspects, personally if Meirles is not fit, then Gerrard must play centrally with Pacheco behind Nando.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #213: Sep 12, 2010 12:25:50 pm
      The thing is with a defensive line up it sets the precedent for negative defensive football it's counter productive in all aspects, personally if Meirles is not fit, then Gerrard must play centrally with Pacheco behind Nando.

If he and Kuyt are not fit, and with Cole banned, I'd have gone with -

Maxi Lucas Gerrard Jovanovic     or     Maxi Lucas Gerrard Babel
               NGog                                             Jovanovic
                  Torres.                                            Torres

Pacheco is too young to start away to a tough side like B'Ham - especially when we need three points.  I'd put Spearing in the middle ahead of putting Pacheco up front.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #214: Sep 12, 2010 12:26:39 pm
      As Meirles may not be fit to start i would go with:
                                        Reina
      Johnson            Carra             Agger         Konchesky

Lucas          Gerrard
      Maxi                                                     Jova
                                       Pacheco
                                        Torres
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #215: Sep 12, 2010 12:32:48 pm
      Dani has only appeared five times for us, for a total of around half an hour.  It is a lot of pressure on a 19 year old with no real experience.  He will come good for us, but needs to be eased in, twenty, thirty minutes here and there, playing in the Carlin cup and maybe a start against Blackpool or West Ham later in the season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #216: Sep 12, 2010 12:34:16 pm

Pacheco is too young to start away to a tough side like B'Ham - especially when we need three points.  I'd put Spearing in the middle ahead of putting Pacheco up front.

I wouldn't say he's too young to start, if your good enough your old enough.

Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard all started playing first football at Liverpool in their teens.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #217: Sep 12, 2010 12:37:52 pm
      I wouldn't say he's too young to start, if your good enough your old enough.

Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard all started playing first football at Liverpool in their teens.

I don't disagree, if you are good enough you are old enough, exactly, but as I said, let him get a few more appearances first, then ease him in against lesser sides.  It will be a tough game today, I'm not sure he is ready for that.  Jovanovic looks strong, I'd have to favour him over a 5ft6 19 year old.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #218: Sep 12, 2010 12:39:45 pm
      Yeah, because Rafa would never do that... in fact he never won there, last time we won there was 2004.  We might have had a chance if he didn't take Torres off last year though.

7-0.

And if he didn't take Torres off last year, he wouldn't have been able to play against Benfica on the Thursday and we would've crashed out. But let's not turn this thread into another Rafa debate.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #219: Sep 12, 2010 12:40:57 pm
      I don't disagree, if you are good enough you are old enough, exactly, but as I said, let him get a few more appearances first, then ease him in against lesser sides.  It will be a tough game today, I'm not sure he is ready for that.  Jovanovic looks strong, I'd have to favour him over a 5ft6 19 year old.

I think the game could be made for him to be honest mate, Birminghams center backs are big blokes and not exactly the quickest over 10 yards, if we played the ball to feet I think they'd have trouble coping with Pacheco, but then again that's just my opinion.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #220: Sep 12, 2010 12:44:05 pm
      I think the game could be made for him to be honest mate, Birminghams center backs are big blokes and not exactly the quickest over 10 yards, if we played the ball to feet I think they'd have trouble coping with Pacheco, but then again that's just my opinion.

funny, I thought the same thing, big, slow defenders, Dani is quick and skillful - but I reckon they'll just bully and kick him.  Jovanovic won't be bullied and is pretty quick too
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #221: Sep 12, 2010 12:44:54 pm
      2-1 stevie&nando :f_whistle:
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #222: Sep 12, 2010 12:46:26 pm
      Correct me if I am wrong but did'nt we still beat West Brom with Lucas and Poulson in midfield?
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #223: Sep 12, 2010 12:47:24 pm
      Correct me if I am wrong but did'nt we still beat West Brom with Lucas and Poulson in midfield?

In spite of, not because of... ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #224: Sep 12, 2010 12:51:27 pm
      AY and that was a real scalp to be taken . ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #225: Sep 12, 2010 01:02:06 pm

Yes we did, but we huffed and puffed and after the first 45 minutes I was seriously contemplating sticking my dick in a blender as it would have been far less excruciating than putting my eyes through another dour 45 minutes like that.

In terms of the quality of football on display, It was as bad as anything that I watched the season that went before it.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #226: Sep 12, 2010 01:07:53 pm
      I hope to god it's not Lucas and Poulsen. Lucas and Gerrard, please.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #227: Sep 12, 2010 01:08:09 pm
      funny, I thought the same thing, big, slow defenders, Dani is quick and skillful - but I reckon they'll just bully and kick him.  Jovanovic won't be bullied and is pretty quick too

I know what you are saying r.e Jova mate, but from what I've seen him of him so far, I know it's only been a few games but he has the graft and industry but very little end product to it all, the most notable thing I can remember him doing in all his appearances was when he deliciously spread the play against Arsenal.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #228: Sep 12, 2010 01:35:00 pm
      Just met one of the reds from the forum ryan babs at the ground,good looking lad he is ladies! anyway i predict a 1-0 lose im sorry but i think this game is a banana skin for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #229: Sep 12, 2010 01:44:50 pm
      Stop perving at ryan babs, shabs and get us over the line  :)

Quick Reply