Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Van Der Vaart Snubbed Liverpool F.C. For Spurs.

Read 6114 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Van Der Vaart Snubbed Liverpool F.C. For Spurs.
      Sep 06, 2010 09:56:13 am
      SKYSPORTS.com

Rafael van der Vaart has revealed that he chose to join Tottenham ahead of Liverpool this summer.

The Holland international made a dramatic deadline day switch to White Hart Lane after seeing Harry Redknapp move late for his services.

It had appeared that the playmaker was all set to remain at Spanish giants Real Madrid, with no agreement in place to take him away from the Bernabeu.

However, Spurs snapped him up, with the move among the more intriguing to be completed during the summer transfer window.

Redknapp claimed at the time that he pounced for Van der Vaart after seeing Bayern Munich come up short in their efforts to do a deal.

However, the 27-year-old insists it was not the German giants who had made a late bid for his services.

Instead, he claims that Liverpool were the other side hoping to push through a deal, forcing him to choose between two Premier League heavyweights.

Van der Vaart told Sky Sports News: "Liverpool were interested. Bayern were not interested.

"In the end you have to have a good feeling, and with this manager I got a good feeling. I am happy and I am going to Spurs.

"I am going to give it my best and hopefully I will play a lot of games and be important for the team. I hope to get a lot of goals and have a lot of fun."

Van der Vaart is also looking forward to adding to the strong Dutch contingent already plying their trade in the English top flight.

Having been urged to move to the Premier League by his international colleagues for some time, the former Ajax and Hamburg ace is keen to see what all the fuss is about.

"They were always telling me, 'You have to come to England'," he added.

"Now it's happened and I am really looking forward to playing against Dirk (Kuyt), against Nigel (De Jong), against (John) Heitinga."
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Van Der Vaart Snubbed Liverpool F.C. For Spurs.
      Reply #1: Sep 06, 2010 10:01:39 am
      Ya I read that, suprised to be honest but Van De Vaart said he was extremely impressed  by there manager. Can understand top players not wanting to come to us at the moment with the current financial situation.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 06, 2010 10:02:43 am
      So VDV, never got a good feeling about our Roy, shame really because two years ago when we smashed Real Madrid 4-0, VDV would have joined us in an instant if the chance presented itself to him.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #3: Sep 06, 2010 10:03:41 am
      His loss really..Enjoy Europa League football at best for the next 4 seasons!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #4: Sep 06, 2010 10:17:46 am
      Another way of saying "I wanted to play Champions League footy". A bit fickle, tbh, since Spurs aren't going to last in that competition, but whatever.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Sep 06, 2010 10:21:39 am
      Probably chose to play champions league football.

His loss, by the way.

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #6: Sep 06, 2010 11:27:49 am
      Eh, although he is a good player, we already have solid wingers. If he was an out and out striker I would be more upset over this loss.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Sep 06, 2010 11:28:06 am
      Probably chose to play champions league football.

Sign Of The Times Innit.

Any player in the last three decades having a choice would have come here without a second thought.
      Now..they have a second thought.

PS. Adryan.
      My bird is better than your bird. ;D
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #8: Sep 06, 2010 11:41:52 am
      4-0 was it?

Thats it at Anfield...

VDV enjoy a sh*te career with arry
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #9: Sep 06, 2010 11:50:24 am
      He chose "Arry" and 1 season of Champions league over "Woy"? No biggie..
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #10: Sep 06, 2010 11:56:51 am
      I doubt his decision was Champions League footie- its the first year Spurs have made top 4 in god knows how long!
      Hardly consistent.

I am not too gutted he didnt join us- maybe he prefers London to Merseyside!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #11: Sep 06, 2010 12:06:11 pm
      Not that surprising, we already have Cole, Gerrard and Meireles in central midfield, Roy probably couldn't give him enough confidence about his position in the team and on the field, obviously he's leaving Real to be certain to play regularly in his favoured position.

Eh, although he is a good player, we already have solid wingers. If he was an out and out striker I would be more upset over this loss.
      He isn't a winger mate. A central attacking midfielder/playmaker/in the hole player.
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010 12:13:43 pm by Dexter »
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #12: Sep 06, 2010 12:15:32 pm
      If it was managers that swung it, fair play
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 06, 2010 12:17:04 pm
      Typical modern day footballer jumping on the champions league gravy train ,probably better that he joined spurs as we can do without the likes of VDV ,just another glory hunter with no feeling for the club thats ploughing millions  into his bank account.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #14: Sep 06, 2010 12:18:25 pm
      Come to think of it, maybe 'Arry convinced him by sharing his secrets on tax evasion?

Players do say taxes in this country are too high.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Sep 06, 2010 12:44:53 pm
      ;D! We have been snubbed by players in the past when Rafa was here. Again people creating another stick to beat Roy with, pretty embarassing considering J. Cole snubbed 'Arry for Roy abarttt a month ago.

Oh, but wait, Roy had nothing to do with that, but then EVERYTHING to do with VDV, Purslow must have left this one to Roy eh?  :f_whistle:

VDV went for many things, 1st team football, champions league football, and to be loved again, big fish in a little pond. No pressure. Bliss after being ripped the sh*t out of by Real fans for 3 years.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Sep 06, 2010 12:46:38 pm
      What are you on about Anny your the one bringing this up again, jaysus will you get over your dislike of Rafa.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #17: Sep 06, 2010 12:47:20 pm
      Your loss mate, if you would rather play with Defoe and Modric than Gerrard and Torres that's your choice.. not knocking the Spurs players, but they are not internationally renowned super stars.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Sep 06, 2010 12:59:59 pm
      I F***ing loved Rafa, he should still be our manager, as far as I'm concerned, he is far superior to Roy. I am not going to sit on here and w*nk over him for the rest of my natural, because that chapter has closed.

Whenever I see some negative news on here there is always some soft lad waiting to say, 'if only Rafa was here'. Well F**k me, he isn't is he!? So what is the point in saying it?

Roy is being used as the scapegoat, he is the pawn in a little game of a bigger picture, if you can get the message out that Roy is licking the arse of the owners and incompetent, the job is half done.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #19: Sep 06, 2010 01:04:41 pm
      Thank goodness we didn't get him. Watched him a few times and he's too lightweight and slow and not that spectacular either. Our game here is so much faster and physical and he will need plenty of time to acclimatise with, and time is what we don't have for him.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #20: Sep 06, 2010 01:07:30 pm
      Not that surprising, we already have Cole, Gerrard and Meireles in central midfield, Roy probably couldn't give him enough confidence about his position in the team and on the field, obviously he's leaving Real to be certain to play regularly in his favoured position.
      He isn't a winger mate. A central attacking midfielder/playmaker/in the hole player.

Well I think we have plenty of that as well with Meireles, Cole, Gerrard, and Pacheco waiting in the shadows right? I am just trying to figure out where he would have fitted in if we would have bought him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Sep 06, 2010 01:11:00 pm
      Well I think we have plenty of that as well with Meireles, Cole, Gerrard, and Pacheco waiting in the shadows right? I am just trying to figure out where he would have fitted in if we would have bought him.

He would have been competing to J. Cole, Gerrard and Meireles for the position of in the hole. Not a player we needed so I doubt the level of interest we showed.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Sep 06, 2010 01:18:36 pm
      Quality player Rafael. CAM is one of our strongest areas at the moment with Gerrard, Cole and even youth back up with Shelvey, Pacheco and Eccleston. Maybe he fancied his chances of first team football more at Spurs
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #23: Sep 06, 2010 01:19:21 pm
      Nice intro by Sky the lying bas**rds.

VDV is only quoted as saying we were interested, nothing about us making a bid and nothing about VDV actually snubbing us.

A nothing story to fill some space on the SSN website during an international week.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 06, 2010 01:21:04 pm
      Don't think we needed him anyway.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #25: Sep 06, 2010 01:33:15 pm
      We defo didnt need him, after seein Shelvey & Spearing play in the Gerrard/Masch/Xabi positions at the weekend, we dont need anyone for midfield now, just up front.

F*ck VDV, what did he do in the world cup for Holland??
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: Sep 06, 2010 01:35:52 pm
      We defo didnt need him, after seein Shelvey & Spearing play in the Gerrard/Masch/Xabi positions at the weekend, we dont need anyone for midfield now, just up front.

F*ck VDV, what did he do in the world cup for Holland??

Warm the bench, either from the start or after 60 mins.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #27: Sep 06, 2010 01:40:15 pm
      There can't be many neutrals who WOULDN'T join spurs over us at the moment. We finished 7th last season and since then have acquired weaker players and an inferior manager, PLUS we've got 2 owners that are dragging the club down. What is the attraction in joining LFC? Yes we've got a great history but you can't join the club 25 years after it's golden era and become part of it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Sep 06, 2010 01:42:27 pm
      There can't be many neutrals who WOULDN'T join spurs over us at the moment. We finished 7th last season and since then have acquired weaker players and an inferior manager, PLUS we've got 2 owners that are dragging the club down. What is the attraction in joining LFC? Yes we've got a great history but you can't join the club 25 years after it's golden era and become part of it.

All true enough.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #29: Sep 06, 2010 01:45:15 pm
      Don't get me wrong, i think he is a good player but i am not really bothered by this. His lose i suppose.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #30: Sep 06, 2010 02:08:02 pm
      I think he ruined his career going to Real Madrid
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #31: Sep 06, 2010 02:42:46 pm
      I think he ruined his career going to Real Madrid
      Why is that? He only played there for 2 years, hardly career defining.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #32: Sep 06, 2010 03:12:19 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Sep 06, 2010 03:18:56 pm
      I agree he's a lightweight, i dont think he will cut in the prem, from Dutch football where he did fine to Real M bit of jump in standards for him, La Liga is 10 times better and the prem is yet another level, he struggled in Spain and he will struggle here 'arry' just signs players for the sake of it, and thru time it will be proven that Yids are punching above their weight, i remember someone called Keane ' God i was sh*te' going to spurs ending up at Celtic and back to Spurs, no kunt wants him, so 'arry' is trying to fill the void the brilliant Keane has left  :f_whistle: VDV, will be sh*te cos the game is too fast and to rough for lightweights like him, so F**k him it will be extra sweet to see him moved on sometime in the near future.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #34: Sep 06, 2010 03:23:21 pm
      I agree he's a lightweight, i dont think he will cut in the prem, from Dutch football where he did fine to Real M bit of jump in standards for him, La Liga is 10 times better and the prem is yet another level, he struggled in Spain and he will struggle here 'arry' just signs players for the sake of it, and thru time it will be proven that Yids are punching above their weight, i remember someone called Keane ' God i was sh*te' going to spurs ending up at Celtic and back to Spurs, no kunt wants him, so 'arry' is trying to fill the void the brilliant Keane has left  :f_whistle: VDV, will be sh*te cos the game is too fast and to rough for lightweights like him, so F**k him it will be extra sweet to see him moved on sometime in the near future.
      He didn't jump from dutch football to La Liga though mate, he played succesfully in the Bundesliga for 3 season before he moved to Real. I don't really agree with you on him, I'm afraid he could've done a good job for us.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #35: Sep 06, 2010 03:27:00 pm
      Some players just don't have the class.You will realise in 2-3 seasons,what a dreadful career move you have made VDV.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Sep 06, 2010 04:20:53 pm
      Only person mentioned Rafa in here is you Anny, tend to agree with Dexter here, think he could have done a job here but with Cole and Gerrard here he may have struggled to play every week.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #37: Sep 06, 2010 06:44:34 pm
      He may have been good for us in terms of back up warming the bench, but would have struggled to get a regular spot. He's more likely to get that at Spurs. Don't really see what all the fuss is about. He's not exactly gonna set the world on fire where ever he goes. Just a regular, fairly ordinary player I think, who will take an age to come to terms with the pace of the prem. No big loss in my opinion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Sep 06, 2010 09:53:33 pm
      Disappointed he thought that there was an actual choice to be made!

Oh well, he chose them so F**k off!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #39: Sep 06, 2010 10:11:10 pm
      Right, first off: if he had the choice, he made the wrong choice (especially) if it was based on Champions League football. Spurs won't be playing it, for a while, after this season.

Secondly: why in the name of sweet F**k did we make a late bid for V.D.V? I'm not saying he ain't a good footballer, by the way, it's just that the last thing we needed, at that time, was a central mid-fielder. What the F**k was Roy or Purslow or whoever the F**k signs our players thinking? Seriously?  :-\

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #40: Sep 06, 2010 10:12:01 pm
      What a tit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Sep 07, 2010 01:06:05 am
      Oh well, his loss to be honest. Cole snubbed Spurs for us and he is a better player than VDV so not bothered.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Sep 07, 2010 01:20:44 am
      HUYTON RED said exactly what i was thinking. We were interested is all. We were probably interested in many players who signed for other clubs on deadline day.

He agreed to moving to us last season for 6m but the deal was cut because the Yanks didn't give Rafa the money.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #43: Sep 07, 2010 03:52:04 am
      Oh well, his loss to be honest. Cole snubbed Spurs for us and he is a better player than VDV so not bothered.

Exactly I look at it as Spurs lost out on Cole and had to settle for VDV.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #44: Sep 07, 2010 05:17:59 am
      Even this rabbit is bored by this thread.

YAWN!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #45: Sep 07, 2010 08:34:45 am
      :o!!!

Looks like a fanny with teeth!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: Sep 07, 2010 08:39:36 am

Great, about to go to bed and now im gonna have nightmares about bitey snatches :roll:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #47: Sep 07, 2010 08:47:17 am
      Great, about to go to bed and now im gonna have nightmares about bitey snatches :roll:

You'll wake up circumcised then. Watch out!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #48: Sep 07, 2010 08:48:30 am

(Shudders)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Sep 07, 2010 08:53:49 am

Does that come under manscaping?

:D
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #50: Sep 07, 2010 09:21:00 am
      Don't make me laugh VDV!!! Even in our current situation we are still a better team, club, fans etc etc

Joe Cole had the same options and saw sense. I don't really believe we made a concrete offer cause there's no way anyone in there right mind would chose spurs over LFC. 
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #51: Sep 07, 2010 09:28:34 am

I don't know what kind of fanny's you've been around before lad.. ;D.. That's how I'd imagine Nadia from Big brothers fanny to look like..  Like a bag of half cooked bacon and a party sausage.. *vomits in own mouth*..

eh em...

Right, first off: if he had the choice, he made the wrong choice (especially) if it was based on Champions League football. Spurs won't be playing it, for a while, after this season.

Secondly: why in the name of sweet f**k did we make a late bid for V.D.V? I'm not saying he ain't a good footballer, by the way, it's just that the last thing we needed, at that time, was a central mid-fielder. What the f**k was Roy or Purslow or whoever the f**k signs our players thinking? Seriously?  :-\

Grrr... I agree.. Its just looks like we lost an unnecessary battle for a player we had no business going in for..? It all just ties in with this notion of us being a declining giant who can no longer attract.. That seems to be the general perception the media are creating for us..

He wouldn't get a look in anyway..
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #52: Sep 07, 2010 09:38:00 am
      In fairness a lot of people in this thread seem to be bitter. I think we all know he could have been a great signing for us and he is a great player. And in regards to him signing for us...imagine if we had champions league football and he turned us down for a team that didn't...we'd all be saying how F***ing stupid he is. I have no bad feeling towards him. After a couple of bad years he has to rebuild his reputation and he has to do it on a world scale...and the only way he can do that is by playing in the Champions League. I still believe him to be a great player and I'm dissapointed that we missed out on him but that's life...just puts more emphasis on how important it is for us to break back into the top four asap!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #53: Sep 07, 2010 11:17:24 am
      He's off to do a Van Der Meyde
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #54: Sep 07, 2010 11:52:30 am
      Feck him! We don't want anyone here who thinks spurs are a better club than Liverpool.

Probably money motavated anyway as usual.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Sep 07, 2010 11:57:58 am

You been visiting the same Brothels as Rooney. ;D
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #56: Sep 07, 2010 12:00:51 pm
      Gutted - we need players of his quality... Dont think Spurs will suit him and he is there for 2 seasons tops! He will play champs league then move on!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #57: Sep 07, 2010 04:56:46 pm

:lmao:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #58: Sep 07, 2010 07:17:38 pm

WTF?

Changed my avatar in respect of this comment! :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #59: Sep 07, 2010 11:45:01 pm
      f***in class Blood, f***in class  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Sep 08, 2010 02:20:46 am

WTF?

Changed my avatar in respect of this comment! :D

Well, i'm not reading your posts ever again :D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #61: Sep 08, 2010 06:57:30 pm
      Fu*ck VDV.. He will regret it when Spurs are out of Europe at Christmas and were lifting the Europa and back where we belong next season.. YNWA!!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #62: Sep 08, 2010 09:40:30 pm
      With the financial mess we are in and the likes of investment going in to the  likes of City, Spurs getting a new ground, this could be the first of many players turning us down, its going to be a long winter
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #63: Sep 09, 2010 05:15:13 am
      VDV is a good player and is far from being great. If he's great then King Torr will be god then. Take a look at his pace and whether he's able to stand up to the physical demands of the PL, I'd most probably think no. So, not a great lost here, no real damage. The papers may have quoted him out of context and he has chosen his destiny and all the best to him. Let's move along.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #64: Sep 10, 2010 01:57:47 pm
      Roy Hodgson today dismissed suggestions that Liverpool were chasing Rafael van der Vaart in the transfer window.

The Holland international's agent claimed the Reds were circling before Tottenham finally clinched his signature.

But Hodgson is having none of it: "No, that's not true. Those stories can get very irritating.

"An agent rings you up to ask if you want to sign van der Vaart, you say 'No' and then the next minute you're one of the clubs that want to sign him.

"I apologise to van der Vaart if his agent gave him another story. I think he's a very good player, but he's not the profile of the player we were looking for.

"When it came up I said, 'No, we have players in his position.'"

LFC.TV
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #65: Sep 10, 2010 02:04:22 pm
      I know we tried to get Gomez on a season long loan. Maybe the ' custodians ' were not prepared to give over any of the money we have made in transfers.

I feel if there was money to spend VDV would certainly have been an option for us. But with things being tight a striker was most important. Sadly that did not come off either.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #66: Sep 10, 2010 03:35:31 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-denies-van-der-vaart-claim

From The official Site.

People. Listen Up.

Anything from Sky is sh*te.
      We know that yet we keep repeating the mistake.

Say after me

Sky is sh*te
      Sky is sh*te

100 times.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #67: Sep 10, 2010 04:22:05 pm
      Let's be honest I think this went exactly how Roy said it did. VDV's agent calls him up, tells him his player is available at a cut price and Roy looks at his squad, see's Cole and Gerrard already ahead of him in the pecking order for the CAM position and tells him no. He's a good player and will probably do okay at Spurs, and is an even better signing at 8million, but we didn't need him, and I don't think we ever even put an offer in.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #68: Sep 10, 2010 04:33:20 pm
      Due a lock now?
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #69: Sep 10, 2010 04:38:19 pm
      So i guess the titlie should change now then to
      Liverpool snub Van Der Varts agent
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #70: Sep 10, 2010 04:45:17 pm
      Woy has put this one to bed then. Knew he wouldn't really have snubbed us ;)

Quick Reply