Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

An Open Letter To Javier Mascherano...

Read 4289 times
      kennysbigbum
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      • go ed giz a job
      Re: An Open Letter To Javier Mascherano...
      Reply #23: Sep 04, 2010 05:05:39 pm
      He wont read it - so whats the point?  Hes gone get over it
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #24: Sep 04, 2010 05:07:36 pm
      Good letter.

I wouldn't blame him on the City defeat but he defo played a part in disrupting the team.

Good servant to the club but he's gone now and has disgusted me with his latest comments.

Life goes on, simple.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #25: Sep 04, 2010 05:15:13 pm
      Lets get over it shall we! i mean the guy wanted to leave last season and rafa persuaded him for one more season so its no 'shocker'that he left us for barcelona,the only down side to the move is that we got 18-20 million,when knowing rafa was touting him for 30-35 million last season and if he was still manager we would have got that sum.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #26: Sep 05, 2010 12:30:44 am
      the fact that we might have an all-attacking setup in the middle now (Meireles Gerrard Cole) couped with how terribly he has conducted this really softens the blow.

Too true re: Argentina. I was so close to buying a shirt even. Glad I went with big Sotis!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Sep 05, 2010 01:49:29 am
      Players come and players go, some with our blessings others with our thanks and appreciation, but now and again you get players who think they are bigger than they are and this is the case with Masch, his ego grew with his wallet as well as his reputation, he is gone end of lets move on, maybe in a season or two we could meet Barca in the CL, would be interesting if he played and came up against Stevie G, i'd love to see him get f***in clattered, and stretchered off, then we can all sing.....

" Don't cry for me Argentina"         YNWA
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #28: Sep 05, 2010 01:50:32 am
      Do we really know what happened?  What was the exact promise that the team made to him?  

I do think his refusal to play in the City match was a big mistake on his part. I dont care what happened, if your under contract and on the active roster and not Injured, then you need to do your f***in' job and play. It was due to Liverpool, the supporters and LFC that made it possible for him to be paid a shitload of money and move to Barcelona.  Whatever. If he doesn't want to play for the best club in the world than F**k him. Yes, I still believe LFC is the best club in the world. No other club in the world has our history and support.

Barcelona is a great club. But its not Liverpool.

But we also know the owners are f***in liar's and cheats. Maybe some of his statements have merit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Sep 05, 2010 02:41:15 am
      Better and more important players than Masch have left before. Not worth writing a letter about it.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #30: Sep 05, 2010 04:56:15 am
      Do we really know what happened?  What was the exact promise that the team made to him? 

But we also know the owners are f***in liar's and cheats. Maybe some of his statements have merit.

This a thousand times over people. 

Masch is being made a scapegoat.  The stories of him refusing to play are bullshit, it's a contract breach and he would be liable for it.  Hodgson withdrew him from the squad.

Amazing how everyone now seems to think he's overrated.  Look at the facts we've been presented with:

- He took a paycut to leave - clearly not a mercenary as everyone would have you believe.
      - He wanted out last summer and still gave 100% every game last season.

Why is everyone so bitter about this?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Sep 05, 2010 11:11:22 am
      I know the circumstances are somewhat different in terms of the times, relative success and the positions they play, but Keegan left for Hamburg under similar criticism, yet we replaced him with a certain Mr Dalglish. Yes, it's a kick in the cock but I'm fairly confident a certain Paddy Miereles may stifle some of this anguish this time around.

I also agree with RK in that a player who doesn't want to wear our shirt, shouldn't wear it. And he was always going to spout all of that 'biggest club in the world' stuff when he arrived there. It's just something you do, especially at a club like Real or Barca where it's all a circus to get in with their fans. We all know how we feel about our club and we don't need a former player to tell us that.

Thanks for your services Masch. Shame we never won more while utilising your skills as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Best of luck at Barcelona.
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #32: Sep 05, 2010 02:00:29 pm
      I know the circumstances are somewhat different in terms of the times, relative success and the positions they play, but Keegan left for Hamburg under similar criticism, yet we replaced him with a certain Mr Dalglish. Yes, it's a kick in the cock but I'm fairly confident a certain Paddy Miereles may stifle some of this anguish this time around.

I also agree with RK in that a player who doesn't want to wear our shirt, shouldn't wear it. And he was always going to spout all of that 'biggest club in the world' stuff when he arrived there. It's just something you do, especially at a club like Real or Barca where it's all a circus to get in with their fans. We all know how we feel about our club and we don't need a former player to tell us that.

Thanks for your services Masch. Shame we never won more while utilising your skills as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. Best of luck at Barcelona.

after a few days to let this boil over i would like to reiterate this ^^^^^^^^
      nicely put CRK
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #33: Sep 05, 2010 02:02:56 pm

Masch is being made a scapegoat.  The stories of him refusing to play are bullshit, it's a contract breach and he would be liable for it.  Hodgson withdrew him from the squad.

Amazing how everyone now seems to think he's overrated.  Look at the facts we've been presented with:

- He took a paycut to leave - clearly not a mercenary as everyone would have you believe.

Because whether we like it or not he was one of about four truly world-class players we had at the club.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #34: Sep 05, 2010 04:30:22 pm
      He'll only need one bad performance before all those spanish white hankies get waved at him. He won't be idolised as he was at Anfield. Good player, and servant to the club whilst here, now he's gone lets move on. By Masch, good luck on your travells, where ever they take you, it won't compare with Anfield.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Sep 05, 2010 10:25:20 pm
      Personally, I think the letter in the opening post is a little embarrassing as I also think the author of the letter embarrassed himself recording himself crying and posting it on youtube over Lucas scoring a goal.

Mascherano has gone and given what he has said about his departure, I firmly believe we can not dismiss it as fabrication when taking into consideration our boardroom, so good luck Masch I hope you win Silverware at a club that invests in trophies and not one that invests in turning a profit so the owners can pay for the club with out dipping into their own pockets.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Sep 05, 2010 10:51:56 pm
      Dear Monster Masch

F**k off and have a good life in sunny spain. Thanks for helping out against Man city, it was a lovely gesture of gratitude towards the club that redeemed your career.

Take care

Aliens Inc.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #37: Sep 05, 2010 11:27:19 pm

arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #38: Sep 06, 2010 12:23:26 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #39: Sep 06, 2010 01:04:33 am

I do think his refusal to play in the City match was a big mistake on his part. I dont care what happened, if your under contract and on the active roster and not Injured, then you need to do your f***in' job and play. It was due to Liverpool, the supporters and LFC that made it possible for him to be paid a shitload of money and move to Barcelona.  Whatever. If he doesn't want to play for the best club in the world than f**k him. Yes, I still believe LFC is the best club in the world. No other club in the world has our history and support.

Its always a downward move to leave us.
      funkieni
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 06, 2010 09:55:31 am
      This.

City were better than us in every area of the pitch.
      I am simply not prepared to accept that one player, even if it altered plans last-minute, is at fault for us being out-matched all over the park.

He's gone.

Can we please just move on.

indeed.
      JayDLFC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts | -1 
      Reply #41: Sep 06, 2010 10:51:46 am
      ahh well he was a good player when he was here now hes gone ................... Next?
      skunkburner
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts |
      Reply #42: Sep 09, 2010 10:24:55 pm
      not even worth the effort put into the letter, or the thread for that matter.
      He won't win F**k all at barcelona, maybe the odd domestic cup - now Morinho is at RM.
      F**k him, never bite the hand that feeds you, jumped up pr**k

Quick Reply