Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Manchester United v Liverpool 19.09.10

Read 25413 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Manchester United v Liverpool 19.09.10
      Reply #161: Sep 18, 2010 06:38:08 pm
      I would play Poulsen to start with ...hopefully get Scholes sent off then bring on Raul  >:D,would not play Poulsen at all otherwise,
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #162: Sep 18, 2010 06:44:58 pm
      Poulsen will mark Rooney, man to man I reckon.

I'd much rather see Lucas in the centre with Meireles though, with cole on the left, maxi on the right and gerrard in the centre, all interchanging.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #163: Sep 18, 2010 06:50:35 pm
      Angry now with ssn bigging up the mancs reserves this week. Would love to throw some of ours into this game and put two fingers up to what is effectively the mancs news and anti LFC propaganda
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #164: Sep 18, 2010 07:03:48 pm
      Can only listen to this on the radio during my driving lesson, so will miss watching it. :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #165: Sep 18, 2010 07:13:30 pm

I hate Rooney with an absolute passion but in all honesty we all know he would totally tear Poulsen apart. Although it would only happen should Poulsen play in defence or Rooney in the middle.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #166: Sep 18, 2010 07:25:02 pm
      I hate Rooney with an absolute passion but in all honesty we all know he would totally tear Poulsen apart. Although it would only happen should Poulsen play in defence or Rooney in the middle.

he played a man marking job on Kaka pretty well, in the only decent youtube clip of him - rooney is always dropping deep to pick up the ball and run with it, so I'm kind of expecting it to happen.

Although I agree that rooney would probably tear him a new one.

I'm hoping that Lucas plays and picks up scholes like he has in the past - basically putting him in his back pocket for the match.
      Don77

• 6,594 posts | 1103 
      Reply #167: Sep 18, 2010 07:30:06 pm
      he played a man marking job on Kaka pretty well, in the only decent youtube clip of him - rooney is always dropping deep to pick up the ball and run with it, so I'm kind of expecting it to happen.

Although I agree that rooney would probably tear him a new one.

I'm hoping that Lucas plays and picks up scholes like he has in the past - basically putting him in his back pocket for the match.

If we have to play Lucas or Poulsen I would also go for Poulsen. However I doubt that Lucas has ever had anyone in his pocket and he will need to be on his game to deal with Scholes who, as ugly as he is, is in superb form.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #168: Sep 18, 2010 07:31:20 pm
      It's going to be a tough game but Manure are not playing their best football as of late but you know counts for little in games like this. I can see Roy employing Gerrard in the deeper role to put a bit more passing and pace in the middle of the park and Cole staying behind the striker.

-----------------Pepe----------------
      Johnson----Carra-----Agger---Konchesky
      -----------Gerrard----Lucas-----------
      Maxi-------------Cole---------Jovanovic
      -----------------Torres---------------

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Poulson, Meireles, Babel, Pacheco, Ngog
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #169: Sep 18, 2010 07:39:47 pm
      Hard to predict what team Roy will be putting out tomorrow. Meireles might start but considering he started on Thursday night, Poulsen might slot in. We all know Poulsen is afterall, his pet :roll:

Looking forward to see what this game throws up tomorrow. Considering our woeful away form, it's going to be really tough to get a result but I'll be hoping we pick up the points come full time.

Let's just see how this game envelops. Should be very, very exciting. Come on you MIGHTY REDS!!

BTW Lucas expects to win :P

'We're going to the hotel in Manchester. We expect to win the match! Let's try to do the best for this! # YNWA     39 minutes ago  via web'  
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #170: Sep 18, 2010 07:44:47 pm
      If we have to play Lucas or Poulsen I would also go for Poulsen. However I doubt that Lucas has ever had anyone in his pocket and he will need to be on his game to deal with Scholes who, as ugly as he is, is in superb form.

Perhaps you missed the game, but Lucas had scholes in his pocket all match, from the very first time he robbed the ball off him, to the final minute - and scholes was in good form then as well.

I hate to say it, but the ginger one is a player I really admire and unless someone can do the same job that lucas did before, he will give us a LOT of trouble.
      Don77

• 6,594 posts | 1103 
      Reply #171: Sep 18, 2010 07:47:04 pm
      Perhaps you missed the game, but Lucas had scholes in his pocket all match, from the very first time he robbed the ball off him, to the final minute - and scholes was in good form then as well.

I hate to say it, but the ginger one is a player I really admire and unless someone can do the same job that lucas did before, he will give us a LOT of trouble.

Which game was this? Yeah he is a quality player and we will have to be on our metal. Stop him and Rooney may not see much of the ball.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #172: Sep 18, 2010 07:50:52 pm
      Would go with the following
                         Reina
            Johnson Carragher Agger konchesky
                      Meireles    Leiva
                           Gerrard
                   Cole              Jovanovich
                             Torres
      Bench 
            Jones, kelly, Skrtel, Maxi, Poulsen,Babel, Ngog
      Would be tempted to start Babel and let him get at Neville, but still not convinced he can be trusted not to go AWOL, and we need 11 players pulling their weight tomorrow.
      Would give the two full backs licence to get forward, with Gerrard/Lucas coming from deep.
      Anyway confident that Torres will have his critics eating his words tomorrow night
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #173: Sep 18, 2010 07:54:31 pm
      Which game was this? Yeah he is a quality player and we will have to be on our metal. Stop him and Rooney may not see much of the ball.

4-1?

Lucas owned scholes that day - never gave him a sniff.

We need either him or someone else to do the same tomorrow - unfortunately, I think that means we will start poulsen along with lucas as 2 dms.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #174: Sep 18, 2010 08:11:07 pm
       I see Ferguson is up to his usual crap telling us what is wrong with L.F.C.,he is on about Rafas faults and how he could of signed Joe Cole.As it is a league match Rafa cannot do to much about it but Joe  Cole now that is another matter,I hope Joe goes out and plays a blinder and rubs Fergusons nose right into the sh*t.We need a good effort from the lads and put United flat on their arses,I am going for 3-1 to us and for Torres to come out firing and back on form.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #175: Sep 18, 2010 08:46:59 pm

The bigger threat right now is Scholes. Rooney is playing out of his arse and he's not known for raising his game against us.

If we don't let Scholes see much of the ball, Rooney won't see the ball, and neither will our goal.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #176: Sep 18, 2010 09:02:44 pm
      What time does it start? 12:30pm?
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #177: Sep 18, 2010 09:06:56 pm
      What time does it start? 12:30pm?

13:30pm i think
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #178: Sep 18, 2010 09:20:16 pm
      aye, just checked meself, 1:30pm.  Can't wait :D
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #179: Sep 18, 2010 09:30:57 pm
      Think Nani will be one who could cause us problems since our defense struggles with pace at times, need Konchesky to have another solid game.

Definitely the most nerve racking league game of the season for me, very difficult to enjoy it unless you're 4-1 up, going to be a ridiculous amount of tension around 1.30 tomorrow.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #180: Sep 18, 2010 11:04:37 pm
      Biggest match thus far tomorrow, all the odds are against us coming away with anything so in a way no pressure, we cant afford to have a Lucas Poulsen defensive midfield, they will rip us to bits with their quick passing, i would have Meireles in with Gerrard to nullify Ginger tw*t and co, Cole in the hole to menace and supply, Maxi right, Jova left, Torres the rapist up top, back four of Kelly, Carra, Agger, Konch, and Pepe between the sticks of course, i'm hoping that Roy has seen how blueshite set about them, and has a wee gamble, we need to take the game to them from the start, get up close and personal, dont let them f***in move, if we sit back we 're asking for trouble and will probably get gubbed, C'mon Redmen this is the reason you signed for LFC, to play and beat Scumbags, this is war, get f***in in there.

Reina
                 Kelly      Carra    Agger   Konch

Gerrard      Meireles
                  Maxi                             Jova
                                    Cole

Torres
                                                        Bench: Jones, sotis, Lucas, Pacheco,Ngog,Babel,Johnson   

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #181: Sep 18, 2010 11:22:01 pm
      this is the best chance we have to beat them for sometime. there defence is shaky three sucessive draws. rooney cant score.we are coming off a very good win in europa. if we dont win we are mired in lower half of league. it will be interesting to see team selection and roy doesnt mind giving younger guys a chance.

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #182: Sep 19, 2010 12:47:09 am
      I am seriously buzzing now, don't think ill sleep a wink tonight. I cant even hold a Can of beer cuppa tea and its shaking all over the place.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #183: Sep 19, 2010 12:51:41 am
      I just can't seem to get into football matters like I could when we weren't getting dragged through ten tones of sh*t every day by the current board.

As long as we get stuck into them and not get too cautious, we'll stand a very good chance of three points. It's all upstairs for us tomorrow. Hope we don't cave in.

Quick Reply