Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

*URGENT* - Please send email - "NO TO REFINANCING HICKS' AND GILLETT'S DEBTS"

Read 12163 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Sep 15, 2010 09:52:39 am

Thanks again guys - 20 days to go and this has proven itself effective so far, so please send the email as shown below.

If you've any questions please ask them here:
      http://kopfaithful.org/

Send it to...
      'stephen.hester@rbs.co.uk'; 'jon.laycock@barcap.com'; 'gngillett@bcmgt.com'; 'ian.ayre@liverpoolfc.tv'; 'philip.nash@liverpoolfc.tv'; 'thicks@hicksholdings.com'; 'tohjr@hicksholdings.com'; 'martin.broughton@ba.com'; 'mhicks@hicksholdings.com'; 'ross.mcdonald@rbs.co.uk'; 'tommy.mclean@rbs.co.uk'; 'ellen.alemany@rbs.com'; 'postmaster@rbos.co.uk'[email]jhill@halcyonllc.com'; 'thirschfeld@halcyonllc.com'; 'ir@halcyonllc.com'; 'lfink@blackrock.com'; 'rkapito@blackrock.com'; 'swagner@blackrock.com'; 'tlevart@dkpartners.com'; 'sleviant@dkpartners.com'; 'rchase@dkpartners.com'; 'emedina@dkpartners.com'; 'mbrancaccio@stonetowercapital.com'; 'jberger@stonetowercapital.com'; 'mlevitt@stonetowercapital.com'; 'fundinfo@americas.bnpparibas.com'; 'wsheoris@stonetowercapital.com'; 'awong@stonetowercapital.com'; 'maria.guetta@trimarancapital.com'; 'jay.bloom@trimarancapital.com'; 'info@trimarancapital.com'; 'investorrelations@trimaranadvisors.com'; 'david.shaw@deshaw.com'; 'jaranson@centerbridge.com'; 'info@centerbridge.com'; 'stephen.schwarzman@blackstone.com'; 'info@blackstone.com'; 'info@beachpointcapital.com'; 'cgoldsmith@beachpointcapital.com'; 'lgoldman@beachpointcapital.com'; 'droerig@beachpointcapital.com'; 'sklein@beachpointcapital.com'; 'tboyack@beachpointcapital.com'; 'jrothman@beachpointcapital.com'; 'kwolfe@beachpointcapital.com'; 'kchoi@beachpointcapital.com'; 'mhaynes@beachpointcapital.com'

Title: NO TO REFINANCING HICKS' AND GILLETT'S DEBTS

Email text...

Dear All,

The events of the past three years have taught us that words seem to have different meanings when used by Tom Hicks and George Gillett.  Words like 'custodians', 'promises' and 'trust'.  Another word which belongs on that list is 'deadline'.  Hicks and Gillett have already proved that they have no qualms about ignoring deadlines, as Gillett's oft-denied "spade in the ground in 60 days" pledge about the new stadium proved.

In a statement made in April 2010, Hicks and Gillett said,

"We have now decided together to look to sell the Club to owners committed to take the Club through its next level of growth and development."

yet a few months later, it became clear that Hicks had approached several US based banks to try to arrange financing which would allow him to retain control of the club.  Yet again, a promise made by hicks and Gillett turned out not to be worth the paper it was printed on.  They have lied, lied and lied again.

In July, RBS Chief Executive Stephen Hester said,

“With hindsight, I think there are some businesses which borrowed too much money and Liverpool FC was one of them.  It seems to me that it is in everyone’s interest to have an early resolution... but it has to be the right resolution.  I think obviously the club needs to have stability for the future and that is not just a question of ownership.  It is not just about who owns the club, but also about what their plans are."

We know who owns the club at the moment and we know what their plans are; to sell an asset which they bought for less than £200m and subsequently loaded with toxic debt for a price between £600m and £800m and to retain control of that asset by any means necessary until they are able to leave with a profit over and above the interest they will earn from loans made to the club by their subsidiary holding company.

In the current economic climate, these plans fall somewhere between ludicrous and impossible.  Any buyer willing to meet those terms would have to answer several questions about their commercial sense, especially in view of the projected £300m that would be required in addition to the purchase cost to complete work on the much-needed and long-anticipated new stadium.  It seems absolutely certain that Hicks and Gillett wouldn't consider investing in a business under such terms, which begs the question why do they assume anyone else would?

Hicks and Gillett have run Liverpool Football club into the ground since they took charge.  Unlike the club's owners, the accounts do not lie.  £54.9m pre-tax losses.  £40.1m in interest payments.  No net spending on players for two years.  No new stadium, despite millions being spent on the project.  These are the facts of Hick's and Gillett's time in charge of English football's most successful club.

As a fan, I believe that the club cannot afford to have this toxic duo with their toxic debts in charge for a day longer than is necessary.  If no acceptable deal is on the table by 6th October, the Royal Bank of Scotland cannot and must not allow these parasites to extend their stay by one additional day.

The only course of action which would be acceptable if new owners are not in place by the October 6th deadline is for the Royal Bank of Scotland to take the sale process out of the hands of the owners and their appointed representatives and focus on selling the club to owners able to bring stability to the boardroom, investment to the club and most critically, to finally deliver the new stadium on which the future prosperity of the club depends.

The Royal Bank of Scotland have previously noted that they wish to act in the best interests of Liverpool Football Club and that the long-term future of the club will be at the centre of any decisions.  The best interests of the club cannot be served by providing further extensions to the current financing arrangements, or by enabling Hicks and Gillett to remain in charge by any other means.

RBS have done well out of their association with the club, receiving interest and penalty payments which could have been far better spent on improving the playing squad or contributing to the costs of the new stadium.

It's time for RBS to make good on their promise to the fans.  We've been lied to enough.

NO TO REFINANCING HICKS’ AND GILLETT'S DEBTS.

Yours faithfully,

The Kop Faithful - No to RBS refinance - Liverpool FC
      http://kopfaithful.org/

Get on it people, send your e-mails, don't just sit watching why the world goes idly by, thinking everything is fine and dandy just because we have a new manager at the club and the new season is up on us, our common enemy is still here and we have to do our all to stop any possibility of refinance or risk seeing the demise of the club to greater extents.

You may think that sounds extreme click the link http://www.notapennymore.net/debt.html watch in real time as our debt spirals out of control, since H&G took over in interest payments alone we could have signed almost six 20million pound players.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2010 10:06:02 am by RedLFCBlood »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: *URGENT* - Please send email - "NO TO REFINANCING HICKS' AND GILLETT'S DEBTS"
      Reply #1: Sep 15, 2010 09:53:08 am
      Can I ask how this has been effective?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: *URGENT* - Please send email - "NO TO REFINANCING HICKS' AND GILLETT'S DEBTS"
      Reply #2: Sep 15, 2010 09:56:33 am
      Can I ask how this has been effective?

With reports of Stephen Hester the Chief Executive of RBS placing Liverpool FC in its toxic assets division and over seeing the Liverpool F.C accounts himself, it's fair to assume the on going email campaigns and the direct communication between himself and some fans have had some sort of effect.

Just remember, if you have time to view this thread and/or write a reply in here, you have time to send an email, it will take you literally two minutes, so get on it.

Every little bit helps and the fans voices are being heard.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2010 10:02:33 am by RedLFCBlood »
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #3: Sep 15, 2010 10:06:38 am
      Furthermore, for every e-mail I've sent my housemate and a few others who are also LFC supporters have done the same.  Of course this involved me getting their permission and doing it for them but anyhow don't be afraid to ask your family and friends if they're willing to lend there support to the cause and just tell them that you'll send it for them and all you need is their permission.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #4: Sep 15, 2010 10:13:50 am
      With reports of Stephen Hester the Chief Executive of RBS placing Liverpool FC in its toxic assets division and over seeing the Liverpool F.C accounts himself, it's fair to assume the on going email campaigns and the direct communication between himself and some fans have had some sort of effect.

Just remember, if you have time to view this thread and/or write a reply in here, you have time to send an email, it will take you literally two minutes, so get on it.

Every little bit helps and the fans voices are being heard.

He is actually replying to fans?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Sep 15, 2010 10:15:55 am
      He is actually replying to fans?

He has been in dialogue continuously with one or two over on Rawk most notably Fat Scouser.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Sep 15, 2010 10:28:12 am
      Done mine now, I had to half the email recipients as it would not send bulk with all of them, only took me two minutes.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #7: Sep 15, 2010 10:36:31 am
      Sent
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Sep 15, 2010 11:05:12 am
      The email effort is a good idea, but personally, I think this one is too long - I doubt the recipients will read the whole thing - and it is not direct enough.  This is a great rallying cry for the fans, but it won't persuade RBS. It focuses on the fans and the good of club, but I doubt RBS care too much about that (and why should they?) they care about getting their money back with a return.  I'm going to send this, using the best part of the email and a little bit added in italics:

"Hicks and Gillett have run Liverpool Football club into the ground since they took charge.  Unlike the club's owners, the accounts do not lie.  £54.9m pre-tax losses.  £40.1m in interest payments.  No net spending on players for two years.  No new stadium, despite millions being spent on the project.  These are the facts of Hick's and Gillett's time in charge of English football's most successful club.

As a fan, I believe that neither the club nor RBS can afford to have this toxic duo with their toxic debts in charge for a day longer than is necessary.  2010 has seen the dismantling of Tom Hicks' over-leveraged sports empire in America, defaulting on his loans resulting in forced sales through the bankruptcy courts. He will never be able to repay the money he borrowed from RBS. If no acceptable deal is on the table by 6th October, the Royal Bank of Scotland cannot and must not allow these parasites to extend their stay by one additional day.

The only course of action which would be acceptable if new owners are not in place by the October 6th deadline is for the Royal Bank of Scotland to take the sale process out of the hands of the owners and their appointed representatives and focus on selling the club to new owners able to bring stability to the boardroom, investment to the club and most critically, to finally deliver the new stadium on which the future prosperity of the club depends."

Also, everyone should write their own email title/subject.  If they get 1000 emails with the same subject they will just be able to delete them, if they have to open each and every one to see what it is, it might have more effect.

Good effort though :) Yanks out!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #9: Sep 15, 2010 11:05:40 am
      Done
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10: Sep 15, 2010 11:20:02 am
      The email effort is a good idea, but personally, I think this one is too long - I doubt the recipients will read the whole thing - and it is not direct enough.  This is a great rallying cry for the fans, but it won't persuade RBS. It focuses on the fans and the good of club, but I doubt RBS care too much about that (and why should they?) they care about getting their money back with a return.  I'm going to send this, using the best part of the email and a little bit added in italics:

Also, everyone should write their own email title/subject.  If they get 1000 emails with the same subject they will just be able to delete them, if they have to open each and every one to see what it is, it might have more effect.

Good effort though :) Yanks out!

Yes feel free to change the subject matter and delete and add parts to the letter you find appropriate that best fit how you feel by all means, lets just make everyone know that in our eyes refinancing is not an option.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #11: Sep 15, 2010 12:54:32 pm
      Nice one RB!

Had a few failures:

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

jaranson@centerbridge.com on 15/09/2010 12:37
                  The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to.  Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
                  <cbnyexch01.cbp.local #5.1.1>

and:

This is the mail delivery agent at messagelabs.com.
      I was not able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

<tlevart@dkpartners.com>:
      <sleviant@dkpartners.com>:
      <rchase@dkpartners.com>:
      <emedina@dkpartners.com>:
      64.18.5.10 failed after I sent the message.
      Remote host said: 582 This message violates our email policy

Other than those, email sent.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Sep 15, 2010 01:10:10 pm
      Done
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #13: Sep 15, 2010 01:24:31 pm
      Sent
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #14: Sep 15, 2010 02:16:38 pm
      "RBS want what's best for LFC and the future of the club = RBS will do whatever makes THEM the most money regardless of how the fans feel. And why wouldn't they? I hope no one reads the RBS comments and builds their hopes up thinking that the bank cares for the fans because that will be of no interest to them whatsoever. If a letter is going to be written to RBS in support of ditching the yanks then it must be done from a business perspective highlighting how RBS will benefit. Otherwise you're wasting your time. Sorry, but that's the truth.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: Sep 15, 2010 02:21:32 pm
      Ah Carheex is back - Cheers for the neg calling me a c**t

Anything to spread the message, I've sent my email
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #16: Sep 15, 2010 02:25:01 pm
      Done
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Sep 15, 2010 02:29:08 pm
      "RBS want what's best for LFC and the future of the club = RBS will do whatever makes THEM the most money regardless of how the fans feel. And why wouldn't they? I hope no one reads the RBS comments and builds their hopes up thinking that the bank cares for the fans because that will be of no interest to them whatsoever. If a letter is going to be written to RBS in support of ditching the yanks then it must be done from a business perspective highlighting how RBS will benefit. Otherwise you're wasting your time. Sorry, but that's the truth.

And in the time it took you to write that, you could have conducted your own letter stating how not refinancing H&G will benefit RBS from a business perspective and emailed it away, but thank you for your input, please feel free to stand by and do nothing.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #18: Sep 15, 2010 02:34:29 pm
      And in the time it took you to write that, you could have conducted your own letter stating how not refinancing H&G will benefit RBS from a business perspective and emailed it away, but thank you for your input, please feel free to stand by and do nothing.

Sending them a letter about how much we love the club and hate the Yanks IS doing nothing. You must have a lot of spare time.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #19: Sep 15, 2010 02:35:34 pm
      Ah Carheex is back - Cheers for the neg calling me a c**t

Anything to spread the message, I've sent my email

???? Nothing to do with me. I received one saying the same if it's any consolation.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Sep 15, 2010 02:36:48 pm
      Sending them a letter about how much we love the club and hate the Yanks IS doing nothing. You must have a lot of spare time.

No not really, it took me two minutes to do, almost as long as it took you to post three replies in here, I know for a fact Stephen Hester of RBS is taking into consideration what Liverpool Fans are saying as he fears for the safety of RBS branches and the safety of RBS employee's in Merseyside.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #21: Sep 15, 2010 03:22:37 pm
      I know for a fact Stephen Hester of RBS is taking into consideration what Liverpool Fans are saying as he fears for the safety of RBS branches and the safety of RBS employee's in Merseyside.

What a crock of BS!

1) What sort of deranged individual would threaten staff at RBS because of LFC's position??
      2) He will make a "financial" decision. Personal feelings, morals, justice will not come into it.

What planet are you on?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #22: Sep 15, 2010 03:25:28 pm

???? Nothing to do with me. I received one saying the same if it's any consolation.

Bollocks, You are only on here to wind people up
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #23: Sep 15, 2010 03:29:34 pm
      I'm glad that we are rallying together, however having dealt with Councils and major businesses over many years I know that petitions and emails do not make a blind bit of difference.

Sorry to burst your bubble
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #24: Sep 15, 2010 03:36:28 pm
      Bollocks, You are only on here to wind people up

Now that WOULD be a waste of time. How can you wind someone up on the internet?? and what would be the point unless you could see them?? You're barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #25: Sep 15, 2010 04:59:11 pm
      Get out of this thread if you do not agree with it- its not a conversation.

And we dont truly know if it works or not- but we can try anyway! For 5mins of your time- why not?

Done!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Sep 15, 2010 05:15:09 pm
      I sent this email to Stephen Hester, rather than sit and do F**k all, now i feel i have done just a wee bit it makes me feel better...
        Dear sir,
        i'm sure you are familiar by now of the current stateof Liverpool Fc under the tenure of messers Hicks & Gillette, as a fan of LFC i write to you in support of my fellow supporters in demanding that RBS do not refinance these leeches who proclaim to be good custodians of a British footballing institution.

Earlier this year H&G decided to sell the club putting a ridiculous valuation on the club knowing that any potential buyer would be unlikely to raise the collateral never mind actually buy at that crazy sum, subsequently a more realistic evaluation was put on the club at around £400-£600m.

Reports are that H&G have been trying to raise monies from differing financial companies in the USA to pay off the loan from RBS and remain the owners of LFC, yet more lies, quite honestly i dont think these pair can lie straight in bed, H&G have continually lied since they took over in 2007, they promised a new stadium, money for players etc etc etc, none of which ever materialised, in fact monies for new players came about from selling rather than them putting their greedy hands in their own pockets and further damaging the club ultimately, there have also been reports that other sporting clubs in the USA which have or are under the tenure of either Hicks or Gillette that are in financial turmoil.

It is clear that further financial aid to these people is not advisable under their current financial state, i am sure that yourself and other financiers are well aware of the owners of LFC's lies and how they go about destroying sporting companies for their own financial gain, and that plans are afoot for October 6th 2010, we are hoping that a refinancing package is not part of the plans and that H&G are removed from our club immediately.

We implore you to act in the best interests of Liverpool football Club and assist in the removal of the cancers that are killing this great British footballing institution.
                                                                                                Respectfully yours
                                                                                                 Billythered.

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #27: Sep 15, 2010 05:45:20 pm
      Sending them a letter about how much we love the club and hate the Yanks IS doing nothing.

I know what you are saying and you are right, RBS are going to make the decision based on financial circumstances, primarily at least.  They won't solely be swayed against refinancing because of a few emails, certainly not if they focus on the harm done to the club. Either way, there are ways of saying this that aren't going to wind people up.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #28: Sep 15, 2010 05:52:39 pm
      Done
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29: Sep 15, 2010 06:03:31 pm
      Hope this works. Fingers crossed.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #30: Sep 15, 2010 06:07:11 pm
      Done, from all 3 email adresses I own! Even the work one!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #31: Sep 15, 2010 06:25:53 pm
      Done,  c'mon guys  like redLFCblood said it takes only 2mins
      YorkshireRed
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #32: Sep 15, 2010 08:19:12 pm
            Hicks Holdings requests that you verify your email address: please REPLY to this email. -- 14:18 September 15 2010‏

19:18
      Reply  ▼

To Basstard Basstard
      Sent:    15 September 2010 19:18:53
      To:     Basstard Basstard (basstard@.co.uk)

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

Message from "Mack Hicks"
      ________________________ ________________________ ______________________

I recognize from your email address that this is the first message I have received from you since Hicks Holdings began using Sender Address Verification (SAV).

Your message is very important to me.  Like you, we are very concerned with stopping the proliferation of spam.  We have implemented Sender Address Verification (SAV) to ensure that we do not receive unwanted email and to give you the assurance that your messages to me have no chance of being filtered into a bulk mail folder.

By pressing REPLY and SEND to this message your original message will be delivered to the top of my Inbox.  You need only do this once and all future emails will be recognized and delivered directly to me.

When replying to this email, please make sure that the following email address appears in the To: field of the reply:

mhicks-verify-1284578331.25071.1.2.30959c5a@hicksholdings.com

If you are unable to respond to this authentication request within 2 weeks, or if your reply is not sent to the correct email address (as indicated above), your message may not be delivered.

Thank you!

Mack Hicks

________________________ ________________________ _______________________
      100% spam-free email provided by Sendio (http://www.sav-sendio.biz/v/c1lxWHRHfVJmdg)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Sep 15, 2010 10:18:52 pm
      Done.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Sep 16, 2010 09:43:56 am
      What a crock of BS!

1) What sort of deranged individual would threaten staff at RBS because of LFC's position??
      2) He will make a "financial" decision. Personal feelings, morals, justice will not come into it.

I know what he has said to a supporter who is constant dialogue with him, believe it or not, I take it in good faith, the lad has posted what they have talked about.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #35: Sep 16, 2010 02:39:37 pm
      I know what he has said to a supporter who is constant dialogue with him, believe it or not, I take it in good faith, the lad has posted what they have talked about.

Then you are very, VERY gullible and naive. No offence.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2010 02:49:30 pm

Nah I'm not mate, I've seen the dialogue, but cheers for your concern.

No offence taken, it's not like you called me a pr**k.

On the other hand, the campaigns have made a difference,  even if it is only small, but keep the pressure up people, "REFINANCING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR RBS".
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #37: Sep 16, 2010 02:50:24 pm

You seem to try to put a downer on everything!!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #38: Sep 16, 2010 02:50:26 pm
      Nice one RLB. Done!
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #39: Sep 16, 2010 03:01:15 pm
      Done!

Point is, we can moan as much as we like about the effectiveness of an email campaign, but it can't do any harm and what are the alternatives... let me know and I'll jump on those as well.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #40: Sep 16, 2010 04:50:56 pm

I know what you are saying and you are right, RBS are going to make the decision based soley on financial of a few emails, certainly not if they focus on the harm done to the club. Either way, there are ways of saying this that aren't going to wind people up.

I cannot believe I'm reading such NAIVE Posts/Tactics.
      Imagine the CEO of RBS telling his Board of Directors  they "repossesed" the club and didn't refinance because LFC fans didn't approve of the owners.
      Would the Board of Directors :
      a) Congratulate the CEO and give him a big fat bonus for being "consumer sensitive" OR:
      b) Fire his sorry ass in a nano second?
      RBS cares ONLY ( as they should, they are Lenders, not Investors in this transaction) about getting their money back. While on a personal or emotional level they might feel sorry for the fans, as professional lenders/bankers, their job is to get the loan repaid in full or take as minimal a loss as possible.
      Hicks and Gillette don't give a flying F*ck about RBS or LFC supporters at this stage. Loss minimization is their and their advisors prime , sorry ONLY, objective.
      While this initiative only takes a couple of minutes, and causes NO HARM ; meaning RBS's position is the same with or without the emails. For all we know, for a great big fee, they've agreed to refinance. The loan became toxic because of repayment delinquency . RBS has a prescribed time line that says after X days of delinquency, a loan is reclassified as toxic or whatever. Nothing whatsoever to do with external influences.  No different for  your home and mortgage. After X days of failing to make your mtge payments, home will be repossesed  and sold to highest bidder.
      Not showing up at Anfield; no buying of merchandise, no watching "Pool on the gogglebox ; in other words an economic protest as opposed to a banner at Anfield that says " Hicks and Gillette F*CK OFF" is the only language Financiers ( RBS and to a lesser degree Hicks and Gillette ) understand. Don't, repeat Don't, shoot the messenger.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Sep 16, 2010 06:43:47 pm
      I cannot believe I'm reading such NAIVE Posts/Tactics.
      Imagine the CEO of RBS telling his Board of Directors  they "repossesed" the club and didn't refinance because LFC fans didn't approve of the owners.
      Would the Board of Directors :
      a) Congratulate the CEO and give him a big fat bonus for being "consumer sensitive" OR:
      b) Fire his sorry ass in a nano second?

What say's just for a second, Stephen Hester of RBS has not already looked at the bigger picture ?

What's to say he has not looked at Liverpool as unsustainable business model ?

Whats to say Stephen Hester has not looked at the fans disgust at the prospect of the club ceasing to exist, through RBS continue to fund these criminals ?

Who's to say Stephen Hester and RBS want to have the world's public eye on them as they send England's most successful and one of the worlds greatest sporting institutions into a brink of return ?

Who's to say what efforts we make will not help Stephen Hester make a choice ?

Certainly not you mate, but all we can do is try, so stop bitching and send one off, do something instead of whinging.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Sep 16, 2010 10:22:52 pm
      We've been down this road before, they still refinanced.

Not a lot we can do is there other than send an email, or a protest, what else can we do?  It's depressing, it really is.

I'm sure they somehow listed us all from last time, they'll just put our emails in to a filter, the only sort of impact we will get is the amount of emails that they will receive.

Will still be sending, but what else can we do?  :-/
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #43: Sep 16, 2010 10:31:27 pm
      Some addresses in the "To" field were not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are properly formed.

Problem, erm...
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #44: Sep 16, 2010 10:38:08 pm
      What say's just for a second, Stephen Hester of RBS has not already looked at the bigger picture ?

Whats to say Stephen Hester has not looked at the fans disgust at the prospect of the club ceasing to exist, through RBS continue to fund these criminals ?

Who's to say Stephen Hester and RBS want to have the world's public eye on them as they send England's most successful and one of the worlds greatest sporting institutions into a brink of return ?

Certainly not you mate, but all we can do is try, so stop bitching and send one off, do something instead of whinging.

You said:

You jest, please articulate what you mean by "bigger picture"
      You said:

I reread my note, apologies if I came accross like I was whigning. All I'm trying to convey is it's ALL ABOUT MONEY at RBS level.
      You said:

Didn't know Hicks and Gillette were convicted felons? ( Suspect you wont respond to this point) Again, fans disgust is none of RBS's concern. It's about THE MONEY and getting repaid.

You said:

What part of IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY don't you get. As I said in my post:

RBS cares ONLY ( as they should, they are Lenders, not Investors in this transaction) about getting their money back. While on a personal or emotional level they might feel sorry for the fans, as professional lenders/bankers, their job is to get the loan repaid in full or take as minimal a loss as possible.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Sep 16, 2010 11:05:54 pm
      The bigger picture being that the business model is unsustainable, the bigger picture being the total debt is worth more than the club itself, the bigger picture that Hicks & Gillet are defaulting on agreements left right and centre, the bigger picture the government are discussing football ownership in the house of commons (Rbs being Government owned), finally teh bigger picture that they can take ownership of the club and sell it for a more realistic price that will cover the money they are owed.

They are trying to refinance with FBR capital markets get them emails sent

* Human Resources: hr@fbr.com
      * Investor Relations: fbcmir@fbr.com
      * FBR Funds: advisors@fbr.com
      * Media: media@fbr.com
      * Prime Brokerage: mmurray@fbr.com
      * Research: fbrresearch@fbr.com
      * Web Producer: webproducer@fbr.com

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #46: Sep 16, 2010 11:49:18 pm
      I've sent them allall the email.

Come on - the more the merrier! Only takes 2 minutes!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #47: Sep 17, 2010 12:18:39 am
      This is a critical time.

We need to ensure that nobody refinances Hicks and Gillett.

They must be removed.

The organisation that refinances them WILL suffer financially through PR and maybe more.

Time to stand up and fight.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #48: Sep 17, 2010 12:36:03 am
      emails sent.

Come on reds, get sending those emails. We need to keep the pressure on, as we cannot risk being in this same position this time next year. Yanks out!
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #49: Sep 17, 2010 06:08:50 pm
      Done.

Quick Reply