Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Was a lack of support at last nights game a protest?

Read 3531 times
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Was a lack of support at last nights game a protest?
      Sep 17, 2010 05:34:19 pm
      Just asking like. The stadium looked empty.

Is this down to people not being bothered or protesting at the on going saga with Ru Paul and Elton John's ownership?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Was a lack of support at last nights game a protest?
      Reply #1: Sep 17, 2010 05:41:05 pm
      I was disppointed it was 26,000 wish it was about 10,000 might stop F***ing Hicks being able to persuade a bank to refinance him
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 17, 2010 05:42:16 pm
      People weren't bothered......if it been AC Milan then they would have been,but don't worry come the final(wishful thinking)they'll be there. oh yes and £30 a ticket.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #3: Sep 17, 2010 05:43:02 pm
      I was disppointed it was 26,000 wish it was about 10,000 might stop f**king Hicks being able to persuade a bank to refinance him
      Good start though, these things snowball, if people see that for a few games people aren't attending, then what 'day-tripper' is going to want to take their kids out to a half empty stadium, to watch a team in decline?

Midweek games are going to be the way to get this started, along with Carling cup and Europa league games as JD said in another thread.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Sep 17, 2010 05:44:53 pm
      Ya Europa league games should be targetted, if Hicks gains full control I think even the day trippers will get the message. Lets see what message it sends to Hicks when the stadium us empty for games.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #5: Sep 17, 2010 05:47:07 pm
      People weren't bothered......if it been AC Milan then they would have been,but don't worry come the final(wishful thinking)they'll be there. oh yes and £30 a ticket.

Thats a shame. I was wishfully thinking people had started to make a stand and protest at the prolonged ownership issue.

Was a sterling effort none the less. Be great to see that more often in meaningless games. 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Sep 17, 2010 05:47:59 pm
      Whether is was a protest or because we were on TV I don't know. All I know it is less money in H&G purse.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Sep 17, 2010 05:49:21 pm
      Yeah, notice the stadium pretty empty last night.

It's a good start!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Sep 17, 2010 06:04:21 pm
      Whether is was a protest or because we were on TV I don't know. All I know it is less money in H&G purse.

Exactimo.
      Think positive like.

Its the battle of the scraggy birds then.
      I like a good bee yitch fight
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Sep 17, 2010 06:08:08 pm
      What I will say is at times those who were there last night sounded good! I particularly noticed it for the Maxi song...which incidently does anyone have all the words to??
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #10: Sep 17, 2010 09:14:49 pm
      Think thats the top and bottom of yesterdays attendance.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #11: Sep 18, 2010 12:48:54 am
      Dint think it was a protest issue, more like £30 for a ticket issue.

If the prices had been same as the qualifiers you could add 10,000 on that easily.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #12: Sep 18, 2010 07:11:22 am
      The "Not-a-penny-more" protest is like a double edged sword IMO. The team feeds off the crowd to take their performance to the next level. No stadium attendance may result in half-hearted performances which could further lead to points dropped at home.

Kinda like "Cutting your nose to spite your face". A very difficult position to be in.

If RBS refinances, the Owners won't pay too much attention to the drop in attendance of live games.

These greedy Owners will seek to milk the club for all that it's worth; thanks to RBS
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Sep 18, 2010 09:07:06 am
      The "Not-a-penny-more" protest is like a double edged sword IMO. The team feeds off the crowd to take their performance to the next level. No stadium attendance may result in half-hearted performances which could further lead to points dropped at home.

To be absolutely fair though, we had a half empty stadium on Thursday night and it was our best performance of the season so far, arguably.

I'm just happy that it's less money being pillaged from us fans, and that the lads did their bit too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Sep 18, 2010 09:10:36 am
      Having watched some of the other group games for the europa league its more likely fans dont get excited by this tournament until the knock out stages. No club came close to filling their stadium. On a side note AM lost their opening game
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Sep 18, 2010 09:12:29 am

You could be right. There are fans who may be just ignorant to the facts surrounding Hicks and Gillett, our debt burden and the fight to rid our club of these parasites and they just can't afford £30. Their ignorance can be forgiven, to some extent.

Sadly tho' there are still some 'fans' who are aware but just don't give a F**k about the plight of our club.

These are the self-styled 'super-fans' who have the audacity to boast about providing succour to Hicks, (in particular), through match-day revenue - whether it's £10 or £30 - they 'know' but they don't care. These loathsome individuals choose to bury their heads in the sand and hope that everything will go away.

If Hicks can prove to lenders, other than RBS, that he has a sustainable business model he may well secure re-financing at even more onerous interest rates. To do that he needs to prove that there is a steady income available to him from fans and match-day revenue - let's hope he can't.

To all concerned; understand this: we, as a club, are very possibly as little as one month from total F***ing melt-down. The fight continues - it has to. One month of concerted effort is all it may take - one F***ing month. Why not join the fight before it's too late?

NOT A PENNY MORE.
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #16: Sep 18, 2010 01:12:56 pm

Kinda like "Cutting your nose to spite your face". A very difficult position to be in.

If RBS refinances, the Owners won't pay too much attention to the drop in attendance of live games.

These greedy Owners will seek to milk the club for all that it's worth; thanks to RBS

Exactly the opposite. Support the "team" ie an asset stripped excuse for a team, and you kill the "club". It will simply fuel the arrogance and greed of the scum that infests Anfield.

Banks will only loan against assets and income streams. If they see less assets and income streams in the time ahead, they say "no more" and refuse to advance monies against what is left. It utterly shocks me to see anyone giving a single penny to these desecraters.
      And season tickets should be in an exchange network so ST holders and the fan associations can raise funds for a takeover.

If this doesnt happen, we will die as a club. There is simply no question of it. I know the "business plan".
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Sep 18, 2010 09:35:09 pm
      Ya any action should be backed no matter what, the future of the club is on the line, the next two games are mealiness compared to the future of the club and I wouldn't give a sh*t if we were annihilated in both matches if a boycott sent out a clear messages to both the banks and hicks.

If Hicks gains full control of the club we are finished and that could be in the next 3 weeks so please will people back any protest planned.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #18: Sep 18, 2010 09:54:38 pm
      Ya any action should be backed no matter what, the future of the club is on the line, the next two games are mealiness compared to the future of the club and I wouldn't give a sh*t if we were annihilated in both matches if a boycott sent out a clear messages to both the banks and hicks.

If Hicks gains full control of the club we are finished and that could be in the next 3 weeks so please will people back any protest planned.

Rumour on RAWK, that there is due to be direct action at the next 2 home games, not sure what yet though.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #19: Sep 20, 2010 08:00:36 pm
      Exactly the opposite. Support the "team" ie an asset stripped excuse for a team, and you kill the "club". It will simply fuel the arrogance and greed of the scum that infests Anfield.

Banks will only loan against assets and income streams. If they see less assets and income streams in the time ahead, they say "no more" and refuse to advance monies against what is left. It utterly shocks me to see anyone giving a single penny to these desecraters.
      And season tickets should be in an exchange network so ST holders and the fan associations can raise funds for a takeover.

If this doesnt happen, we will die as a club. There is simply no question of it. I know the "business plan".

Really hope you're right.

If anything in that account book points, even remotely to an ability to service loans, greedy RBS will jump at it.

If only RBS can be made to see reason......

Quick Reply