Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Steven Gerrard
      (79.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (1.1%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (4.5%)
      Joe Cole
      (2.2%)

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration

Read 80203 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #874: Sep 19, 2010 05:35:02 pm
      Same sh*t different day no support for Torres, no width we need wingers urgent.Babel has to come in, in these games.Maxi is useless at getting forward and spreading the play.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #875: Sep 19, 2010 05:55:18 pm
      Something is just really wrong and I can't explain.

We didn't even test Van Der Sar, none of our crosses connected, and we were no where near being penetrative enough to score a goal from open play. Hence, two goals from set pieces.

I mean, on the other hand, United were putting in crosses in and had some shots on goal and scored three from a cross.

With a team consisting of Gerrard, Torres, Cole, and many other names from around the world, we can't even play a simple football game. Lesser sides seem to even pass better than us (for example, the Wolves team I saw last night). A team like Liverpool FC should never be depending on referees and officials to turn the game around. Unless we have put on a good performance and were unlucky due to certain decisions, that we didn't win. However, most of the times, we just didn't turn up and do enough to win.

We look like we have poor touches, we give the ball away too often, and ZERO on confidence. It's certainly not form anymore because we just don't seem to play football anymore and this seems to have been happening on most occasions.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #876: Sep 19, 2010 05:55:56 pm
      Stop with the stupid knee jurk reactions guys! We lost to Man U at Old Trampfart, most teams will.
      We scored 2 goals and played a lot better in the second half. Bad result, but at least the players attitude improved as the game went on.
      This the most balanced opinion of the match so far, had Webb done his job right (sending off the manc player for felling our last man) we'd have gone on to win the game and the manc player wouldn't have been there to supply the cross for there 3rd !
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #877: Sep 19, 2010 05:57:16 pm
      The way we played after going 2-0 down made me feel proud to be a red again.

Brilliance from Mr Liverpool FC to level.

Yes, Berbatov was brilliant today and he has been so far this season, but it does my head in that people's opinions of him and Torres are based on the first 5 games of this season. Forget the last 2/3 years where Berbatov done F**k ALL for £30million and Torres has been rated as the best striker in the world despite constant injuries for £10million less.

Anyway, onto the match as a whole:

First half, very defensive which was working in my opinion -  until Berbatov got a free header inside the box. Apart from that, going in 0-0 at half time would have been pretty good. But i would have still liked to see a few more shots at goal.

Second half started the same, we let them attack and Berba scored the type of goal that only a striker in this run of form could score. You only score them when EVERYTHING is going right for you.
      But our response to that was brilliant, Joe Cole had been quiet but he sparked a few things going forward. Meireles looks like quite a player. And Torres was quietly running their defence ragged. He did win the penalty and free kick (which by the way should have seen O'shea sent off, no question Torres had a clear chance and was easily beating Van Der Sar to the ball). Ngog was brought on to spark a comeback but didn't have much effect as Gerrard starting running the game instead.

After the equaliser we let them come at us again, and they wanted to attack. Once again the only man on their team who looked like scoring took his chance perfectly. And we didn't quite find a chance to equalise again.

Hurts me to say that they probably deserved it but as always after a game at Old Trafford, I'm sitting here cursing the one sided officiating that swung things slightly in their favour.

Nani should have been booked for his constant diving which would have made him stop.
      O'shea should have been off blatantly. Carragher/skrtel etc would have been for the same thing.
      Why is Rooney allowed to swear at the ref? Why can he get away with doing stuff off the ball?

No woman, no Kai you fat c**t.

We're already playing catch up now, but we have 2 home games coming up. Put it behind us and start a decent run now we've got some tricky fixtures out the way.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #878: Sep 19, 2010 06:00:26 pm
      Absolutely gutted by this result. I'd have happily taken the draw but allowing them to come at you during the last couple of minutes, especially with our dodgy defence, is a crime. We should have gone attack,attack,attack. Should have would have could have i guess.

Pissed off by this negativeness. Understatement of the century that.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #879: Sep 19, 2010 06:17:32 pm
      We were a shambles today barring the 2 goals and Meirles header Van de Saar could have being sat up in the stand. I've never seen such a lack of passion from a Liverpool side playing Utd.

The players looked like they didn't give a F**k. The Meirles subs tution was a joke to be honest, and I think was very costly as we were beginning to get an upper hand in the game with his and Gerrards probing.

What really worries me about Hodgson nearly all new managers get an initial positive reaction with results and performances there is not a sign of that with Hodgson. I have no faith in him as a manager and would like him to go if we by some miracle get new owners.

His interview really F***ing annoyed me again as well, he didn't defend the sh*te Ferguson was talking about Torres and seemed afraid to say O Shea should have got sent off in case he annoyed Ferguson.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #880: Sep 19, 2010 06:26:56 pm
      When I saw Jovanovic coming on, I was hoping Poulsen gets taken off. I would have much like to see Meireles-Gerrard in the centre with Cole in front of them.

Also would rather have seen Babel come on than N'gog.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #881: Sep 19, 2010 06:29:08 pm
      once again dissapointed with the way we set out today, we were inviting them to attack us till we went 2 goals down. then hodgson had no choice but to release the shackles and we got the two goals back. and then he takes off meireles who was argubly one of our best players on the pitch. shame on roy, the clock is already ticking on your time here as gaffer. also howard webb is a pr**k, o shea was the last man and should of been given red which would have changed the rest of the game.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #882: Sep 19, 2010 06:31:56 pm
      Simply not good enough ! sometimes when we start to up the tempo and give sharp passes you can guarantee some player will hover over the ball and then pass backwards ,this really grinds my gears !we need a midfielder to create for Nando ,who at times looks like Billy-no-mates because he doesn't get the ball he needs ,Man Utd were not playing brilliantly but I have to admit were the better team today in the first half especially,I think the problem lies in the coaching and man management,lets get it together and give the players some spine!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #883: Sep 19, 2010 06:33:32 pm
      For the last time: O'Shea wasn't sent off, deal with it - champion teams work under those circumstances and STILL get the result.  That is the mark of true champions.  You don't complain about it, you get on with it and just do your job.  United were there for the taking, we didn't take them and really should have.

You get bad decisions, you get good decisions.  It's hardly as if it was entirely one sided, Webb waved off a penalty protest against us that should have been.  Champion teams don't look for excuses, they look for 3 points.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #884: Sep 19, 2010 06:39:50 pm
      Dear Forum,

That match today was garbage.  Well taken pen and free kick but the football was atrocious.

The league table, unfortunately, is correct.

And I don't want to hear about difficult start bollocks. We've turned up for one half of football in the league so far.

As for man-marking. Turning out to be the complete disaster I predicted. The only thing this season is confirming to me is that not only did Rafa overachieve in his first 5 years but he also overachieved getting us to 7th.

Signed

Humiliated (Liverpool)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #885: Sep 19, 2010 06:44:10 pm
      Dear Forum,

That match today was garbage.  Well taken pen and free kick but the football was atrocious.

The league table, unfortunately, is correct.

And I don't want to hear about difficult start bollocks. We've turned up for one half of football in the league so far.

As for man-marking. Turning out to be the complete disaster I predicted. The only thing this season is confirming to me is that not only did Rafa overachieve in his first 5 years but he also overachieved getting us to 7th.

Signed

Humiliated (Liverpool)

The sad truth.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #886: Sep 19, 2010 06:45:36 pm
      Why can't we just play good football? We've got the players.

Even if we don't win after a good performance, we can be happy that we were threatening and penetrative in front of goal but this hasn't been the case for most of the times for over a year.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #887: Sep 19, 2010 06:46:28 pm
      Whats that Gerrard 5 times is it.

CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #888: Sep 19, 2010 06:48:31 pm
      Bit strong JD hovever I've been unimpressed too - it's not all the Manager though all 11 players have to turn up and play attacking footy then defend as necessary.

Team totally off the pace and a shadow of 08/09 that got us to 2nd in the league!!!!!!! :f_steam:
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #889: Sep 19, 2010 07:02:48 pm
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #890: Sep 19, 2010 07:16:31 pm
      Result was ok but game was absolutely s**t. Without those 2 freekicks we couldnt have goal. And now some faking Hicks wants to refinance and then this club is his. He wont give us money, Torres gonna leave becuase he stayed here because he thought that we can get new owners. Fakk it. We beat WBA who is some s**t Championship club only 1-0. Like wtf ?? We cant beat Birmingham. Yeah, they are great but few years ago we wouldnt though that we cant win Birmingham. Now our next Premier opponent is Sunderland. Tough opponent, we may lose some points. And when u look like that then every team is tough, i dont know how we can get much higher than 16th place. We just cant attack.

Now Hicks gonna refinance, Torres, Gerrard leaves. Carlton Cole and Lucas gonna replace them. Championship is closer than u think.

Dark ages are coming if Hicks refinances. Get ready and fight!

YNWA
      miraclez94
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #891: Sep 19, 2010 07:22:21 pm
      I think we have 2 realise that the most solid team we should be puttin out shudnt include carra anymore it shud b kyriakos n agger. they wud b our most solid. then gerrard n raul in da centre with cole off torres babel on the left n kuyt/jova on right. todai we lacked pace and what was our defence doing
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #892: Sep 19, 2010 07:23:22 pm
      Pot calling the kettle black there Don me thinks!
      WOW well spotted Bob.Right behind yer mate..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #893: Sep 19, 2010 07:24:02 pm
      I'm back  :) obviously with a big smile on my face. Now for the record can we lay to rest the conspiracy theories about Howard Webb. For those that knock him after to-days result know nothing about football or totally biased against him no matter what he does. He had a very good game, if anything, you got more 50/50 decisions than us.

On to the game. Well it was certainly ones for the neutrals to enjoy. Rooney & Torres may as well sat in the dug out for what they were worth today. I know the cream always comes back to the top but for fook sake how long is it going to take. There both playing sh*te, its no use hiding it :-\. Berbatov was obviously our hero today. Fook me its taken him long enough to get his act together. Will it continue? I wish I knew the answer. Anyway, he goes down well for the next week or so.

Your fans were in good voice today :D. I wasn't that far away from them. Obviously the gesture were flying from both sides, including me at times ;D In the heat of the moment you just cannot help but get involved with tensions being so high from both sets of fans. One thing that disappointed me with the fans  :( You only sang YNWA once. Some of you may not believe this but mark my words its true. I also sang it, quietly  8) My son asked me why I was singing it.( he's sixteen )). I said son! if there's one thing you have to except in life! Liverpool football fans have the best football anthem in the world, deal with it!

Before the match I had the pleasure of meeting one of your ex players in the stands :) I'm trying to get the picture on here but not sure what I'm doing wrong. Come in Redblood Daz I need your help  ;D. Some of you knock your passed players.( which is wrong ). but it was a pleasure talking to him?? even though it was only for a minute. Now how do I get the picture up Daz. My son has sent it me via Email from his phone. What do I do next.

Ps. Anyone care to guess before the picture goes up  ;D
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2010 07:30:39 pm by keith singleton »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #894: Sep 19, 2010 07:26:29 pm
      21 emoticons, Keith.

Your like a F***ing schizophrenia patient.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #895: Sep 19, 2010 07:27:57 pm
      21 emoticons, Keith.

Your like a f**king schizophrenia patient.

Your right :-\ I only noticed it when i posted. Will change it now mate, sorry.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #896: Sep 19, 2010 07:33:27 pm
      Upload your picture to imageshack (google it) and then post the direct link in here, Keith.

Quick Reply