Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Steven Gerrard
      (79.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (12.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (1.1%)
      Christian Poulsen
      (4.5%)
      Joe Cole
      (2.2%)

Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration

Read 80181 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool - In game and post match frustration
      Reply #943: Sep 19, 2010 09:01:04 pm

998. 1 more to go, i'm getting giddy again.

Now now, don't spoil my glory for one of your ex players  :)

You're on 999, Now then Keith?  ;)

Bit too giddy methinks  ;)

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #944: Sep 19, 2010 09:07:35 pm
      Outside the players entrance as we left Old Trafford.

All the United and Liverpool players coming out being clapped and booed etc

Joe Cole appears, cue "Chelsea rent boy..."

Cole's response is the 5 finger salute, cue F***ing upset Mancs!

Cheeky little sh*t - class

vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #945: Sep 19, 2010 09:07:49 pm
      i was really gutted and was surfing the forum looking for some sort of sympathy. i read through the last 10 pages and it did me no good. i'm surprised by all the negativity floating here. i was wondering if i am really the ONLY one who saw some really promising improvements in lads tonight? i think the majority here are so irate by the result that they have forgot the abomination of a football that we were playing during the last 12 months or so. i know we were far from what we all expect to be, but come on at least our midfield players seem to be finally confident enough to hold the ball on the ground and not just playing some random long balls. Stevie was fantastic, as always. Cole and Raul, apart from a few wrong passes, played very well and showed that we finally (after Xabi's departure) have some players who can hold the possession and create some opportunities for our strikers. Poulsen was an alright i think. but maxi, abysmal. our both sidebacks weren't playing at their best, but were decent and do not deserve all the bashing they're getting here. Carra and Skrtel did fatal mistakes in man marking which cost us and cost us bad. but i am sure they were told about those annoying "hoof the ball" they used to do (especially Carra).
      overall i'm not saying that i'm totally content with performance. i say we should also look at the full side and stay positive , because that's the essence of our beloved club and its fans.
      YNWA

We aren't disappointed we lost 3-2.  We are disappointed it took for us to be down 2-0 to try and take the game to them and when we did take the game to them and pinned level 2-2 we went all negative again and backed down, instead of going for the jugular.  I saw improvements this game from the last few we've played but not even close to the football we were playing last season.  We should have a winning mentality and we seem to have lost it, the manager's job is to restore it or step aside for someone who will.

Interesting you should mention possession based football, the stats don't back up your claims - not even remotely.  We were far superior at holding the ball last year.  This game was very much up for the taking and we should've grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and taken it. Ask Keith (resident Manc) and I'm sure he will tell you Man Utd played very poorly by their standards.  I'm sick of being told to lower my standards under the guise of "supporting the team".  Man Utd were poor and we should have taken it to them, we didn't and instead allowed them the win which they didn't really deserve.

Also, please use paragraphs next time, it's far easier on the eyes.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #946: Sep 19, 2010 09:12:16 pm

Interesting you should mention possession based football, the stats don't back up your claims - not even remotely.  We were far superior at holding the ball last year.  This game was very much up for the taking and we should've grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and taken it. Ask Keith (resident Manc) and I'm sure he will tell you Man Utd played very poorly by their standards.  I'm sick of being told to lower my standards under the guise of "supporting the team".  Man Utd were poor and we should have taken it to them, we didn't and instead allowed them the win which they didn't really deserve.

Absolute no danger United are poor this year. I did say before a ball was kicked we will do well to finish in the top 3. Until we get rid of the yanks liverpool & United will continue to fall behind Chelsea. :-\
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #947: Sep 19, 2010 09:13:21 pm
      We aren't disappointed we lost 3-2.  We are disappointed it took for us to be down 2-0 to try and take the game to them and when we did take the game to them and pinned level 2-2 we went all negative again and backed down, instead of going for the jugular.  I saw improvements this game from the last few we've played but not even close to the football we were playing last season.  We should have a winning mentality and we seem to have lost it, the manager's job is to restore it or step aside for someone who will.

Interesting you should mention possession based football, the stats don't back up your claims - not even remotely.  We were far superior at holding the ball last year.  This game was very much up for the taking and we should've grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and taken it. Ask Keith (resident Manc) and I'm sure he will tell you Man Utd played very poorly by their standards.  I'm sick of being told to lower my standards under the guise of "supporting the team".  Man Utd were poor and we should have taken it to them, we didn't and instead allowed them the win which they didn't really deserve.

We were also better at pressing the opposition as well, something we're not doing as much now.

Good to see he is learning!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #948: Sep 19, 2010 09:19:49 pm
      We were pretty poor in the first half. Too pedestrian and didn't push forward. Lot better in the second, think we played well in spells with good passing/movement from Cole, SG and Meireles. SG was my MOTM, captains performance, took the goals well.
      Lots to say about lots of players today but the main contrast was between the two strikers. Berbatov played his best game for Utd, ever, bar none. Took his goals excellently, and the overhead kick was ridiculous. Torres had a poor game, bit uncommitted for me in some challenges and was almost a passenger. And schoolboy mistake standing behind Berbatov for the first. Considering this, maybe we did OK to almost get a draw. Even though I thought at 2-2 Utd looked for the taking, bringing Agger on was a mistake, sent out the wrong message - was Konch injured?
      Not impressed with Roy's tactics so far. Too conservative. Maybe he's still in Fulham mode - but we're LFC and we have some good attacking players - so let's play to our strengths and ATTACK teams. Today we played best after going 2 down, we we HAD to go forward.
      Still, think Meireles will get better (he tired at the end, let guys past to easily) and Cole also needs more games. Not too worried about the place in the table - at the moment at least! - think we'll start climbing once we get a few home wins. Still very early days.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #949: Sep 19, 2010 09:40:54 pm
      Torres in the shortlist for mom?

Anyway stomach turning as always to lose to utd. Apart from the peno and free kick (aka the goals) yet again I cant recall a save made by the oppo keeper. Im starting to sound like a record on repeat about that but come on its not Liverpool to not have shots on goal in one game but to be a habit!!

Too add to the pain the are no world beaters we could have taken them. The time has come for the managers and players of this club to look at the crest they wear and say to themselves Im going out as part of the greatest club of all time and Im going to tw*t everyone who stands in front of us
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #950: Sep 19, 2010 10:23:13 pm
      f***in hate united fans.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #951: Sep 19, 2010 10:29:16 pm
      Anyone see MOTD2? Shearers summing up about us playing square was spot on. We seem to play it square far too often these days and that is why we are getting so frustrated!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #952: Sep 19, 2010 10:31:01 pm
      What did he say kenny did he say we play square everywhere or was in just in defence, your a brave man kenny couldn't bring myself to watching it again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #953: Sep 19, 2010 10:36:43 pm
      Anyone see MOTD2? Shearers summing up about us playing square was spot on. We seem to play it square far too often these days and that is why we are getting so frustrated!

Theres that Kenny and another couple of things I have noticed since Roy arrived, we have a tendancy to stay compact and invite crosses in from the flanks, which is footballing suicide considering our central defenders as the only real defender we have to deal with constant crosses into the box is Sotis and that we drop off the opposition and get two rigid compact banks of four in front of the opposition the moment we lose possession, we do not press or squeeze up on the opposition at all.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #954: Sep 19, 2010 10:45:42 pm
      What did he say kenny did he say we play square everywhere or was in just in defence, your a brave man kenny couldn't bring myself to watching it again.

:lmao: Trust me mate, I was tough to endure! He was talking about the service to the front man. And to be fair, a lot of us have been going on about it for a while now.

Theres that Kenny and another couple of things I have noticed since Roy arrived, we have a tendancy to stay compact and invite crosses in from the flanks, which is footballing suicide considering our central defenders as the only real defender we have to deal with constant crosses into the box is Sotis and that we drop off the opposition and get two rigid compact banks of four in front of the opposition the moment we lose possession, we do not press or squeeze up on the opposition at all.

There's no question about it that we stood off today. The amount of time and space some of their players got was badly distressing. I noticed it against Birmingham too, but that's a different thread. For me mate, when you have that sort of lack of urgency coupled with playing it square 90% of the time whilst in possession - especially at Old Trafford - then you're asking for big trouble.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #955: Sep 19, 2010 10:46:28 pm
      I have to say Hodgson interview was awful, ferguson F***ing slated us today and what did Roy say F**k all. Ferguson slated Torres did Roy stick up for him no because he was afraid of Ferguson.

I'd say Ferguson loves Roy as manager of Liverpool, bring me back the day of Rafas facts any F***ing day. At least he wasn't afraid of Ferguson like Roy obviously is.

He was as gutless as some of the players today. What did Ferguson say we should have won by a cricket score.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #956: Sep 19, 2010 10:49:31 pm
      I have to say Hodgson interview was awful, ferguson f**king slated us today and what did Roy say f**k all. Ferguson slated Torres did Roy stick up for him no because he was afraid of Ferguson.

It isn't the Hodgson way. He's the nice guy of football and won't change no matter what club he coaches.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #957: Sep 19, 2010 10:53:16 pm
      fergie's a pr*ck simple, stop listening the the scrotum-faced bellend.

first half we were awful but im happy that we showed character to get back into it. i thought it should have stevie supporting torres instead of merieles, but merieles is looking good for me. we cant be too unhappy about losing 3-2 to scum in their ground given whats going on with the club at mo. it hurts me but ill try to take positives.

one thing that worries me is that we're not supplying enough to torres, which is why he looks frustrated. in the second half when cole and raul began passing to him, we started hurting them. we need to address that. lets look ahead and hope that the team starts to gel from now on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #958: Sep 19, 2010 11:00:00 pm
      Hodgson is manager of Liverpool if he going to allow himself to be fu**ed up the arse by the likes of Ferguson he is at the wrong club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #959: Sep 19, 2010 11:03:55 pm

one thing that worries me is that we're not supplying enough to torres, which is why he looks frustrated. in the second half when cole and raul began passing to him, we started hurting them. we need to address that. lets look ahead and hope that the team starts to gel from now on.

You've not got enough ammo to provide Torres with that service at the moment, taking into account he isn't playing well doesn't help your course  :-\ (even though he is still a million times better than that ugly pr**k Rooney)
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2010 11:06:06 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #960: Sep 19, 2010 11:05:52 pm
      It isn't the Hodgson way. He's the nice guy of football and won't change no matter what club he coaches.

And thats the difference between the likes of Rafa, Fergie, Mourinho etc to nice guys like Roy. They come into a club and start making enemies left right and centre, create a backs to the wall, they're all against us attitude "Us v Them" and kick off with anyone who slags their club.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #961: Sep 19, 2010 11:07:39 pm
      Hodgson is manager of Liverpool if he going to allow himself to be fu**ed up the arse by the likes of Ferguson he is at the wrong club.
      Couldn,t agree more, he is infuriating me more and more with every interview. This was a game against the mancs today not some fckin tiddlywinks game in the local pensioners hall.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #962: Sep 19, 2010 11:20:38 pm
      Can a man be too nice a guy for this club?

It seems like Hodgson goes out and say, "let's play defensive, we don't want to hurt them by being too attacking, we really don't want to offend them."

I'm wondering who he thought had a good game...Poulsen maybe
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #963: Sep 19, 2010 11:21:36 pm

Well The mancs won; I expected Ferguson to be idiotic in his interview. Something about the score should have been 10, and how we depended on decisions to get back in the game - bigging-up that diving moron Nani. Totally classless.

Hodgson was mature and decent.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #964: Sep 19, 2010 11:24:05 pm
      Well The mancs won; I expected Ferguson to be idiotic in his interview. Something about the score should have been 10, and how we depended on decisions to get back in the game - bigging-up that diving moron Nani. Totally classless.

Nani did himself no favours today  :-\ He definitely took a dive in the box.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #965: Sep 19, 2010 11:26:45 pm
      Nani did himself no favours today  :-\ He definitely took a dive in the box.

And then Ferguson goes and congratulates him for a job well done. Moronic.

Quick Reply