Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

The Liverpool Way

Read 10383 times
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Re: The Liverpool Way
      Reply #23: Sep 20, 2010 10:18:50 pm
      I thought the liverpool way was UNITY FAIRNESS HONESTY AND INTEGRITY all the characterisistics that the fans have shown on-line during our latest crisis with our present owners.This shows me that the LIVERPOOL WAY is as strong as ever.
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #24: Sep 20, 2010 11:06:32 pm
      The Liverpool Way is to protect our traditions and improve the club as best we can.
      Unfortunately Liverpool Football Club is currently dead. Many of its constituent parts remain and it can be resuccitated, only if the fans take gigantic steps forward.

And on-field failures are actually likely to HELP the future of the club that is being held hostage. If the cash cow of the Champs Lge continued, the Yank parasites would just keep asset stripping and pocketing the cash.

The sh*te that is being turned out on the pitch at the moment is an insult to the name Liverpool FC. OK most of the stars havent been sold yet. But Liverpool FC doesnt exist to sell off its stars and make money for 2 fruadulent shitballs.
      The Liverpool Way must be stronger than ever outside of Anfield if it is to be resurrected inside of Anfield. But it does have some heroes in its darkest hours - SOS etc

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #25: Sep 20, 2010 11:22:54 pm
      I know what he's referring to MsTorres, as what they are implying is that we as supporters should adhere to the Liverpool Way and follow and support the players and manager blindly, but that holy trinity, trust and understanding has been broken by the current regime.

Is it the Liverpool way to blindly support a manager that would not be at Anfield if it was not for the current regime ?

Is it the Liverpool way to blindly support players that would not be at Anfield if it was not for the current regime ?

If we are Adgering to the "Liverpool Way", we might aswell end all the e-mail campaigns, protests, boycotts etc and let Tom & George go about their business destroying the club and offer them our support and backing for doing so.

The "Liverpool Way" is about holding yourself to a higher standard of conduct in the midst of corruption.

The anti-H&G movement is a fight for the preservation of the Liverpool Way.

BUT: if we have Pennant and Riera back as wingers and Owen back as the second or third striker; Wouldn't the "Liverpool Way" require for you to support them through and through?

Whether or not Poulsen should be in a Liverpool Jersey is debatable; Joe Cole came free too. And if Jovanovic were to bang in 18 goals this season, we will all be glad he came over.

Bottom-line, with due respect to the fact that fans have varying opinions about players; if they're wearing that Red Jersey of LFC, We owe them 100% support. that is the Liverpool Way.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Sep 20, 2010 11:28:53 pm

BUT: if we have Pennant and Riera back as wingers and Owen back as the second or third striker; Wouldn't the "Liverpool Way" require for you to support them through and through?

Nope because they are all sh*t houses.

One sold his soul to the red devils.

Another gets off on smashing teenagers in the face with his fists.

The other is just a w**ker that was more concerned about the drink and fanny in Liverpool City centre than his football.

As I said the Liverpool way was broken the moment Hicks & Gillett took over, once they have gone, normal service will resume.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #27: Sep 20, 2010 11:48:19 pm
      Nope because they are all sh*t houses.

One sold his soul to the red devils.

Another gets off on smashing teenagers in the face with his fists.

The other is just a w**ker that was more concerned about the drink and fanny in Liverpool City centre than his football.

As I said the Liverpool way was broken the moment Hicks & Gillett took over, once they have gone, normal service will resume.

Then you would have missed it.

The end does not justify the means. We can not muddy ourselves to prove a point. We are not like "them" otherwise we're no better.

Some fans berated RH for not stooping as low as Ferguson in his post-match interview. He didn't because he is better than Ferguson.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Sep 20, 2010 11:56:02 pm
      Then you would have missed it.

The end does not justify the means. We can not muddy ourselves to prove a point. We are not like "them" otherwise we're no better.

Some fans berated RH for not stooping as low as Ferguson in his post-match interview. He didn't because he is better than Ferguson.

I'm not that fan, however I will not follow blindly the manager and the players that have come in consequently of that manager who was brought in by this regime, the manager and certain players are not good enough for this club in my opinion and would not be here if it was not for the current regime, that is not the Liverpool way in my opinion.

Bill Shankly "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor."

That was the Liverpool way I was educated in, at the moment were aiming for the ceiling.

solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #29: Sep 21, 2010 12:18:56 am
      I'm not that fan, however I will not follow blindly the manager and the players that have come in consequently of that manager who was brought in by this regime, the manager and certain players are not good enough for this club in my opinion and would not be here if it was not for the current regime, that is not the Liverpool way in my opinion.

Bill Shankly "Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor."

That was the Liverpool way I was educated in, at the moment were aiming for the ceiling.

The highlighted comment is in question:

You're not gonna support (follow) blindly RH and his imports - Cole, Jovanovic (rafa's deal), Poulsen, Konchesky and some others? Fair enough.

Nobody is supposed to follow any manager or any player blindly anyway.

It becomes a travesty when you say, "I will not support the manager and his imports". That is not the case.

Some past managers signed some poor players too. Though we judged those players at the end of the season not 5 games in.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Sep 21, 2010 12:41:57 am

Some past managers signed some poor players too. Though we judged those players at the end of the season not 5 games in.

I agree with that, however many things have changed and that includes the Liverpool way in my opinion.

The liverpool way never stood for selling your best players, replacing them with sub standard players in retrospect and banking the profit.

How am I supposed to support substandard players in the Liverpool way, when the way they were brought to the club in the first place had nothing at all to do with the Liverpool way ?

Granted I want all players to do well when they are here and the same applies to Roy, I'd love them to win every piece of silverware available, but I'm a realist mate and thats never going to happen with our current squad that is being assembled in the most un-Liverpool way possible.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Sep 21, 2010 08:50:59 am

At the moment we are on our backs, struggling to stand up, as g&h kick the living sh*t out of us
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #32: Sep 21, 2010 08:55:13 am
      At the moment we are on our backs, struggling to stand up, as g&h kick the living sh*t out of us

Exactly mate and that is not the Liverpool way.

I can understand people saying we should be behind the players and manager, however I find it hard to stand by pretending to be oblivious to the mediocrity our current owners are forcing onto the club, just to adhere to the Liverpool way, a unwritten rule that they themselves broke back in 2007.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Sep 21, 2010 09:07:44 am
      Exactly mate and that is not the Liverpool way.

I can understand people saying we should be behind the players and manager, however I find it hard to stand by pretending to be oblivious to the mediocrity our current owners are forcing onto the club, just to adhere to the Liverpool way, a unwritten rule that they themselves broke back in 2007.

That's similar to what I was saying. It's not enough just to say get behind the team, buy the shirt, go to the games. It ignores completey the gravity of the situation we have been forced into. We need to step back, look at the bigger picture and say... No. I will not support the greed culture that has taken over and I will do whatever I can to aid ejecting them from the club.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Sep 21, 2010 09:08:47 am
      It's sad what gets posted on here these days. Of course we are all not happy about the state of affairs in the club but some of the comments about players and managers make us very poor supporters of the very club we love. I found this sifting through old articles about our kop pledge adopted by the fans during the John Smith era(Chairman of the club during our Golden Years from 1973 – 1990).

I) Always support the team, no matter how bad they are playing.
      II) If the team is doing badly, cheer even louder as they need your support more.
      III) If a player is struggling, sing his name louder and more often as he needs it.
      IV) If the opposition are the better side and perform well, appreciate it and give them the credit they are due

That was the kop pledge then and I hope it still is even now that we're more divided
      John Smith was a gentleman and a true RED but he was on pretty safe ground telling us to give credit to the opposition if they deserved it,you see through the years 1973 -1990 there was not another club capable of coming anywhere near us.Also because of the caliber of the players we had there was no chance they would of been booed,imagine being on the KOP and booing the likes of Emlyn Hughes,Ray Kennedy, Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish,you would of been killed.Mentioning those days does bring back happy memories though.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #35: Sep 21, 2010 09:34:09 am
      I agree with that, however many things have changed and that includes the Liverpool way in my opinion.

The liverpool way never stood for selling your best players, replacing them with sub standard players in retrospect and banking the profit.

How am I supposed to support substandard players in the Liverpool way, when the way they were brought to the club in the first place had nothing at all to do with the Liverpool way ?

Granted I want all players to do well when they are here and the same applies to Roy, I'd love them to win every piece of silverware available, but I'm a realist mate and thats never going to happen with our current squad that is being assembled in the most un-Liverpool way possible.

You judge the team too harshly.

Go back in time to the "Boot Room" era. Liverpool FC has never had a Mourinho-type manager that relied on finished products and huge transfer fees; check from Bill Shankly down to Kenny Dalglish there was always the squad that gelled and then the masterpiece that added the extra edge to the squad; hence the King Billy, Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush, John Barnes, Robbie Fowler, Gerrard, Owen and Torres.

These players were not at the club at the same time; they either overlapped or one left totally and another came in.

The same still applies today. We have a squad that, if well put together, can win the league. We already have our King striker in Torres, our master midfielder in Gerrard, Cole and Miereles for the extra edge. So we lost Mascherano and loaned out Aquilani - the team can still do well.

The problem is; some fans have fed off Sky and BBC writing us off and somehow the opinions of the anti-Liverpool Media has become, by subtle indoctrination, the views of the fans.

The squad can still work wonders.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #36: Sep 21, 2010 11:22:39 am
      There's great education on here in this thread about the "Liverpool Way". I just hope most of our fans get to read these posts, this is why i'll be a red till i die-YNWA.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #37: Sep 21, 2010 01:26:05 pm
      You judge the team too harshly.

Go back in time to the "Boot Room" era. Liverpool FC has never had a Mourinho-type manager that relied on finished products and huge transfer fees; check from Bill Shankly down to Kenny Dalglish there was always the squad that gelled and then the masterpiece that added the extra edge to the squad; hence the King Billy, Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish, Ian Rush, John Barnes, Robbie Fowler, Gerrard, Owen and Torres.

These players were not at the club at the same time; they either overlapped or one left totally and another came in.

The same still applies today. We have a squad that, if well put together, can win the league. We already have our King striker in Torres, our master midfielder in Gerrard, Cole and Miereles for the extra edge. So we lost Mascherano and loaned out Aquilani - the team can still do well.

The problem is; some fans have fed off Sky and BBC writing us off and somehow the opinions of the anti-Liverpool Media has become, by subtle indoctrination, the views of the fans.

The squad can still work wonders.

Don't kid yourself, at the time Dalglish was an expensive purchase, so too was John Barnes and Peter Beardsley and yes we have done things Chelsea and Man U have done which is buy players so other teams couldn't.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Sep 21, 2010 01:28:30 pm
      Don't kid yourself, at the time Dalglish was an expensive purchase, so too was John Barnes and Peter Beardsley and yes we have done things Chelsea and Man U have done which is buy players so other teams couldn't.

Was just about to say the same, out of all the players he mentioned only Fowler and Owen came through the ranks the rest have been club transfer records or as near as damn it for the players of that era.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Sep 21, 2010 01:32:04 pm

F***ing hell mate don't try and pigeon hole me as the Sky Sports generation for fucks sake, I've followed Liverpool through thick and thin for the best part of 26 years.

Out of all the players you mentioned there, only Fowler and Owen came through the ranks the rest have been club transfer records or as near as damn it for the players of that era.

So don't spout go back to the bootroom days at me until you are indeed correct in what you are saying.

I admire your optimisim but this squad will never win the league, we lack two out and wingers for starters and have no really dependable striker in reserve if Torres is injured, thats not being harsh it's being honest.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #40: Sep 21, 2010 02:03:53 pm
      I admire your optimisim but this squad will never win the league, we lack two out and wingers for starters and have no really dependable striker in reserve if Torres is injured, thats not being harsh it's being honest.

I admire your honesty there mate, and agree with you because i feel that this squad is only capable of getting into the champions league places. Thats as far as i can see us going this season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Sep 21, 2010 02:08:46 pm

Yeh he metioned Gerrard I missed that one , but he never metioned Carra, I was just replying to his post mate and what he mentioned.

Or as Fowler was mentioned we could go on all day with Macmanaman, Redknapp, etc etc.

The basis of teh reply was more about solodee referring to teh bootroom way using players such as Barnes, Dalglish, Keegan and Beardsley as examples who were in their repsective times in an around the transfer record fee's for this club in their respective era's.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Sep 21, 2010 02:12:42 pm
      Your obviously one of the 24 solodee that said we would win the league this year, what I like about people like Redblood is they say it like it is and are realistic in there expectation which is still possible to be and still be fans.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #43: Sep 21, 2010 02:14:03 pm
      No worries mate, and i understand where ye are comin from, and we would be here till xmas discussin those who came through the youth system,
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #44: Sep 21, 2010 02:15:29 pm

You guys are taking my comments "Out of Context" - Read my post clearly, I am not against buying good top-of-the-line players! I never said that!

Managers have just become so lazy, they want large amounts to buy, buy, buy! Like the Murinho-type management. it is not the buying that is key, it is the building.

Throughout the Rafa era, he's bought some Liverpool-record buys; Just like 'successful' managers before him. The issue is not in the buying but in the 'extent-of-buying' required.

RedLFCBlood
      The Liverpool Way.
      Reply #45: Dec 31, 2010 04:58:55 pm
      After watching the Wolves game and witnessing the chants of "Hodgson for England", "Dalglish Dalgish" & seeing Konchesky sarcastically applauded and boo'ed, it left me thinking is this the "Liverpool way" ?

On giving myself the last few days to clear my thoughts on this after initially thinking "The Liverpool Way" had been lost during all the protests to oust Hicks & Gillet and we'd never see that return, I came to the conclusion that the calls for Kenny Dalglish, the fans were really calling for a restoration of lost values, "You know the Liverpool Way".

Lets face it people Roy Hodgson is as far away from "The Liverpool Way" as is his replication of the pass and move football of old that he promised us upon his announcement as Liverpool manager.

"The Liverpool Way" for me is summed up by this quote from Shanks "I'm just one of the people who stands on the Kop. They think the same as I do, and I think the same as they do. It's a kind of marriage of people who like each other."

So how can we apply "The Liverpool Way" to Roy when he doesnt think the same as us and all we are seeking is a divorce from this marriage and a restoration of lost values ?, so we can finally get back to doing what we do best & thats being the world famous Liverpool fans and restoring "The Liverpool Way" for once and for all.

Finally is it not "The Liverpool Way" if you see something going on that could destroy the club for years to come, to act on it thus preserving it for future generations ?. We did with H&G.

I know what Shanks would have said in answer to that question as he was symbolic to "The Liverpool Way"
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010 05:13:54 pm by RedLFCBlood »

Quick Reply