Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa: Liverpool Board Know Nothing About Football

Read 16644 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Rafa: Liverpool Board Know Nothing About Football
      Reply #161: Sep 29, 2010 03:51:02 am
      Do you remember Rafa had said that he wish to stay on?
      At that point of time, didn't he realise Liverpool Board know nothing about football?
      Why only now?

Why only now?!?  He's been fighting those incompetent arses since day one and those shysters have broken every promise - stadium, transfers and general investment.  Squad wise when Rafa took over, we were behind Chelsea, Man United & Arsenal and we've never invested enough to really catch them up,  I believe that Rafa had the squad overachieving.  Then you add the new money at Man City, Sunderland being constantly big spenders as well. O'Neill's net spend at Villa in 3 years is only £5m less than Rafa's net over his entire tenure and Spurs have never been shy in the market either.  And while money, big spending wise, isn't the be all & end all, in the Premier League, it does have a huge influence.

Why did Rafa want to stay on? Have you never heard the man state, on several occasions, that he considers Liverpool, both the club and the city, to be his true home, it's rare for a top manager to love a club & it's fans so much.  That is who we had & what we lost.  He hasn't sold his house 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #162: Sep 29, 2010 04:06:57 am
      Do you remember Rafa had said that he wish to stay on?
      At that point of time, didn't he realise Liverpool Board know nothing about football?
      Why only now?

Still didn't actually answer the question though did you?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #163: Sep 29, 2010 06:56:43 am
      What a crock of sh*t!

Mourinho also inherited a successful Inter team, added Sneijder to it as Rafa added Alonso to our 05 CL winning team.

So do we also credit Mancini's Inter team then and not Mourinho's??

My point exactly. Read my comments properly.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #164: Sep 29, 2010 07:33:30 am
      Ok, Mourinho inherited succesful winning team and continue winning, now let's wait Rafa's turn.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #165: Sep 29, 2010 07:35:44 am
      The reason rafa has come in for alot of stick is that the board have once again failed in selling the club,woy has fu**ed up on the pitch and sly sports has no one to blame except rafa.

Rafa is no longer here but they are still blaming him for others failiures & being part of us the 'fans' the reason why they do it is because he is not here to defend himself.

Take note we will defend rafa where it is needed make no mistake.

Wrong.

Purely a forum thing here. SKY has nothing to do with the issue.

Rafa has spent six years at Anfield. We were all part of his reign. Most of us sided with him against the Executives.

We cheered him on as he won games and we were shocked when he made costly tactical errors (2007 Finals! Damn!)

Some became experts at assessing his ''brilliant'' spending of the Transfer funds; Others called him "Wasteful".

We made it to second position under his reign and we also finished 7th with poorer teams beating us silly.

We all loved him and were hurt when he was fired.

I'm a big Rafa fan - but I'm sick of the "Rafa-is-God" crap. He restored some of the past glory, but his achievements with the club is still less than his predecessor's.

We all love him, but even Rafa must be tired of the butt-licking by now. He has to be able to sit down at some point. Leave Rafa's ass alone.
      « Last Edit: Sep 29, 2010 07:51:12 am by solodee »
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #166: Sep 29, 2010 07:59:45 am
      Why only now?!?  He's been fighting those incompetent arses since day one and those shysters have broken every promise - stadium, transfers and general investment.  Squad wise when Rafa took over, we were behind Chelsea, Man United & Arsenal and we've never invested enough to really catch them up,  I believe that Rafa had the squad overachieving.  Then you add the new money at Man City, Sunderland being constantly big spenders as well. O'Neill's net spend at Villa in 3 years is only £5m less than Rafa's net over his entire tenure and Spurs have never been shy in the market either.  And while money, big spending wise, isn't the be all & end all, in the Premier League, it does have a huge influence.

Why did Rafa want to stay on? Have you never heard the man state, on several occasions, that he considers Liverpool, both the club and the city, to be his true home, it's rare for a top manager to love a club & it's fans so much.  That is who we had & what we lost.  He hasn't sold his house 

I agree that Rafa did build an affinity with the fans and his wife loved the city and all that.

In is quest to 'fight' the owners though, that is where his head turned and in the end he was too involved with the politics of the club to focus properly on his side IMO. Without doubt he had the perfect red herring in the end to excuse our perfromances and basically insinuated time and time again.

He never had it 'easy' here, well he had it much easier when first arrived and had more money to spend even though it never compared with Chelsea's spending. That though was the exact reason he was brought here from Valencia, because Moores, Parry and co looked for a manager who could rival the likes of Madrid & Barca - Man.U & Chelsea with less money. Two years later (or whatever) Moores sold out and things really began going down hill finacially. It's also worth remembering Roy's start at LFC is much harder than Rafa's as least Moores backed him where he could in the market when he could.

And going back to the 'red herring' the owners were blamed almost at every turn when Rafa's on field/transfer decisions hindered the team. Roy now doesn't get that pleasantry - it's more realistic now like it should have been last season and the seasons before where the manager is critised for his teams performances. This rarely happened, many Rafapologists would never hear a word against him when warranted.

Now, many call Roy a 'yes man' something again I think is wide of the mark, he's made his feelings known about the club's owners and knows we need knew owners. So just because Roy isn't carrying on airing the clubs dirty laundry in public every other interview he seems to be more concerned with his own job, just as Rafa should have been.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #167: Sep 29, 2010 08:21:43 am
      I agree that his fight with the owners had a negative impact on the field, but at the moment I'd say that getting these f*cking Yanks out is more important than our league position. Every single person at the club should fight for this!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #168: Sep 29, 2010 08:22:06 am
      I agree that Rafa did build an affinity with the fans and his wife loved the city and all that.

Now, many call Roy a 'yes man' something again I think is wide of the mark, he's made his feelings known about the club's owners and knows we need knew owners. So just because Roy isn't carrying on airing the clubs dirty laundry in public every other interview he seems to be more concerned with his own job, just as Rafa should have been.

I said the same in Rafa's tenure and I'll say the same in Roy's.

Keeping hold of the spine of your team is a must if you want to be successful, by keeping hold of the spine of the squad you get to add better players to the squad every transfer window, thus your spine grows and becomes stronger, gives all your players a lift and breeds a winners mentality.

When players from the spine of your squad are lost and replaced with inferior players and no significant investment materialises to strengthen in other areas it breeds negativity, this negativity is made worse when as a team your making a net profit in the transfer window and making your squad as a whole weaker.

Overall the Blame for that lies Firmly at Tom & Georges feet as we would not be looking to blame any one else had investment not been witheld over the last 5 transfer windows.

Add Roys net spend to the last 4 windows under Rafa our average transfer window net spend is around £2m net.

Is that good enough for any club with Domestic and European ambitions ?

That is where the problem lies overall, it was the same for Rafa and it is the same for Roy.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #169: Sep 29, 2010 09:42:47 am
      That is where the problem lies overall, it was the same for Rafa and it is the same for Roy.

That's you though RedLFCBlood, but surely you know as well as me it hasn't been the view of many.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #170: Sep 29, 2010 09:48:22 am
      That's you though RedLFCBlood, but surely you know as well as me it hasn't been the view of many.

Well It hasnt but had "The Many" cared to do some thoughtful thinking and explored the situation surrounding the club both on the field and off the field in great detail, then they would have had a better idea of the circumstances that have led the club to the situation we are in and maybe there views would have changed.

Unfortunately many fans believe every little thing that is said in the media and make their decision based solely on that, but as most of us know the media do not always represent the facts in a truthful way as their sole purpose is to make a headline and fill column inches.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #171: Sep 29, 2010 10:13:29 am
      I said the same in Rafa's tenure and I'll say the same in Roy's.

Keeping hold of the spine of your team is a must if you want to be successful, by keeping hold of the spine of the squad you get to add better players to the squad every transfer window, thus your spine grows and becomes stronger, gives all your players a lift and breeds a winners mentality.

We have been diagnosed with financial myelopathy :'(
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #172: Sep 29, 2010 01:21:07 pm
      What makes me think that? WHAT MAKES ME F***ing THINK THAT?!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE F***ing NAPALM! :mad:

;D brilliant outburst ynwa.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #173: Sep 29, 2010 01:22:57 pm
      I prime example of this is the appointment of Hodgson surely to F***ing god it was for footballing reasons.

Quick Reply