Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Amongst the worst set of players ever

Read 15135 times
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Re: Amongst the worst set of players ever
      Reply #115: Sep 30, 2010 06:18:04 pm
      Yossi to Chelsea for 6M
      Cole to us on a free

I know which one I'd take, and Roy did his job in getting Cole here. We got the better deal!

Now, go and stalk someone else.

Mr Bleed, I think you have quite a good sense in the financial area.. This is impressive (not being sarcastic)..
      Because in terms of financial system, I think David Levy from Tottenham has done a very good job.. I wish he was a businessman for us..

Most fans, not only Liverpool, even Spurs fan.. they care more about performance and results, than how much Liverpool gets in return for selling and buying players.. which is why Joe and Yossi transfer to you is a good deal, but not to many people..

From previous what Yossi has performed in the past few season, even when he is playing for West Ham shows that he is creative, courageous to beat players, more tactical aware when he is off the ball and had even scored crucial goals for us, this is what we lack in our current performance, even when J. Cole is around. You cannot deny Yossi's playmaking, passing and positioning.

Apart from this, seriously you seldom hear Chelsea fans miss J. Cole.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #116: Sep 30, 2010 06:30:21 pm
      Yossi to Chelsea for 6M
      Cole to us on a free

Joe Cole is payed an extra £40,000 a week (£2m a year) plus the £4.5m signing on fee (players renewing current contracts are paid substantially less in signing on fees) but yeah, we got the better deal.  That's just from the financial side of things.  Footballing wise, you know how I feel about Benayoun v Cole.
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2010 06:52:18 pm by vitez »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7165 
      Reply #117: Sep 30, 2010 08:39:53 pm
      Amongst the worst set of players ever, absolutley based purely on results. If its down to gut feelings then yes again its downhill at break neck speed at the moment. I would take 7th now if it was offered.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #118: Oct 01, 2010 05:07:30 pm
      Yes cecil.. start posting maturely.

Posting as a "fan" in attempt to rape a football club isn't funny. Its plain sad. If u are working for cecil, get a new job eh?

First, I was confused about the name-calling and accusations of fans not being true Reds.... then...

Has anyone noticed that the 2 crooks have got their pr companies out in force on this.  U know, pretending to be fans, telling barefaced lies on some of the forums. It amazes me when some of them even come on in their Americanized English talking about "promotional slots" etc.

Dude's delusional.

I'd like to say your heart is in the right place, but like Roy Hodgson did the the Utrecth team, you do yourself no favour with your repetitions and constant attacks without proofs.

I doubt if anyone wanted RH as Liverpool FC manager but he is here; and he is not part of the 'Owners' problem.

Any good manager will be in top 4 with the squad we have, so RH is still lost with the team; but he has not stolen our money and he is not a salary-poodle.

We have a good team, not the best but a good team that should be in the top 5
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #119: Oct 02, 2010 02:06:37 am
      Lucas must be loving the arrival of Poulsen. He's the new scapegoat!
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #120: Oct 02, 2010 02:17:30 am
      Lucas must be loving the arrival of Poulsen. He's the new scapegoat!

But you have to admit Poulsen is sh*te.. When Poulsen played without Lucas, he seemed even worse ..
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #121: Oct 02, 2010 02:20:10 am
      I think we actually have the quality, but the lads for some reason just can't be arsed to work together.

is right. it seems inexcusable that these players don't put in the effort we all want to see but just think how you would feel if you came to the mighty LFC to compete for champions league and premier league titles only to find the ship is sinking? (yes, Riera might be a twonk but he was right).

even the most committed guys must be feeling pretty low about things right now.

until the ownership issue is sorted nothing else is really going to change. Roy may or may nor be good enough for LFC but he deserves a lot of credit for giving it a go.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #122: Oct 03, 2010 06:25:51 pm
      If you ask me, even though we finished 2nd in 2008/2009, I think our best squad of players in the last few years was the 2007/2008 when we still had Finnan and Crouch.

We actually a good starting eleven, if started rightly. Many may argue we lack the strenght in depth but if the best eleven had been played from the start of every match, the lack of strength in depth may not be very obvious because of the winning position the starting eleven have put us in. This was the case throughtout of Rafa's reign. He may have rotated and such, but in 2008/2009, he kept with the same chemisty and only injuries and suspensions prevented him from doing so.

Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole and Fernando Torres. Those are our best prized assets and all good enough to walk into practically any team.

Lucas, Ryan Babel, Sotiris Kyrgiakos, Maxi Rodriguez, Martin Skrtel, Fabio Aurelio, Dirk Kuyt, Raul Meireles, Glen Johnson, Paul Konchesky and David N'gog are good on their days.

Willing to give Milan Jovanovic time as he has shown pretty good strenght and pace.

Don't rate Christian Poulsen at all.

TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #123: Oct 03, 2010 06:31:40 pm
      The squad has been asset-stripped, it is not good enough.  However, today, we had a side of internationals, well capable of beating a bunch of numpties from Blackpool.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #124: Oct 03, 2010 06:33:35 pm
      No excuse for not beating Blackpool, just a poor manager and a lack of F***ing interest from the players
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #125: Oct 03, 2010 06:33:39 pm
      I maintain that the squad is good.

Any team with Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Meireles, Cole, Torres, Kuyt and Maxi is a pretty good team.

The back ups...not so much.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #126: Oct 03, 2010 06:39:18 pm
      The squad has been asset-stripped, it is not good enough.  However, today, we had a side of internationals, well capable of beating a bunch of numpties from Blackpool.

How so? Which assett has been stripped. Alonsno wanted to go. So did Mascherano. That leaves Aqualani who took the first opportunity to go.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #127: Oct 03, 2010 06:41:27 pm
      The side is sh*t.

We have three world class players and two of them haven't looked right for 18 months. The rest are overrated who look good once every couple of months. I said in the summer if we had a mass exodus I wouldn't lose any sleep and right now I'm losing sleep at the thought of;

Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Aurelio, Konchesky, Lucas, Kuyt, Poulsen, Babel, Maxi, Jovanovich representing my club.

That's not even a good set of back up players, and most of them are start week in week out injuries permitting. That's a sorry state of affairs for my club.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #128: Oct 03, 2010 06:43:45 pm
      The side is sh*t.

We have three world class players and two of them haven't looked right for 18 months. The rest are overrated who look good once every couple of months. I said in the summer if we had a mass exodus I wouldn't lose any sleep and right now I'm losing sleep at the thought of;

Jones, Johnson, Skrtel, Aurelio, Konchesky, Lucas, Kuyt, Poulsen, Babel, Maxi, Jovanovich representing my club.

That's not even a good set of back up players, and most of them are start week in week out injuries permitting. That's a sorry state of affairs for my club.

I'd keep Skrtel and Kuyt, but the rest offer us nothing :(
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #129: Oct 03, 2010 06:45:14 pm
      Let us not be distracted from the cause of our malaise

(not mine)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #130: Oct 03, 2010 06:45:58 pm
      I'd keep Skrtel and Kuyt, but the rest offer us nothing :(

Seriously, why?

Skrtel has looked out of sorts all season and Kuyt is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt. He can't pass, control, go past someone and cross - all the essential qualities of a winger, which is where he plays. He slows everything down. Every pass, if it makes a Red shirt, is backwards.

Kuyt, would be one of the first out for me.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #131: Oct 03, 2010 06:50:23 pm
      Agreed DLS. Kuyt is absolutely hopeless. Yes, he runs all day but so does my dog, and I wouldn't like to see him a Liverpool shirt. Lost count of the number of times he caused attacks to break down today. He did one good thing all day, and that was a header which the goalie saved. Other than that rubbish. Skrtel would be dangerous if he had a brain.

Skrtel should be replaced by Kelly. gIve the lad a chance. he couldn't be any worse than Skrtel.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #132: Oct 03, 2010 06:50:57 pm
      Skrtel has looked out of sorts all season

He has been up and down, but was MOTM v. Sunderland.
      He is a great tackler and is only 25, about to come into his best.

and Kuyt is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt. He can't pass, control, go past someone and cross - all the essential qualities of a winger, which is where he plays. He slows everything down. Every pass, if it makes a Red shirt, is backwards.

Kuyt gives 100% every game, he breaks up their attacks, he has scored goals for us.  I agree he is not a winger, he was a striker but we stick him out wide
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #133: Oct 03, 2010 06:52:47 pm
      I really believe the players we have are good enough to do the job individually but for some reason they can't play together ,we don't have a midfield general anymore ( like Jan Molby for example) and we don't have much variation in attack so we become very predictable ,Nando is a world class striker but he's the only option we use so if the defenders sit on him we have no-one else,i'd love to see someone like Sami Hyppia in our defence ,
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #134: Oct 03, 2010 06:55:17 pm
      He has been up and down, but was MOTM v. Sunderland.
      He is a great tackler and is only 25, about to come into his best.

Kuyt gives 100% every game, he breaks up their attacks, he has scored goals for us.  I agree he is not a winger, he was a striker but we stick him out wide

Skrtel, I do actually like but he's not been good enough this year. And for large parts last year.

Kuyt, yes he works hard but so does Robbie F***ing Savage. Hard work is great, Liverpool fans above any others will appreciate players putting the effort in. But, hard work only gets you so far. Jimmy Case and Sammy Lee would run all F***ing day for the club but had something at the end of their hard work - Kuyt doesn't.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #135: Oct 03, 2010 06:58:01 pm
      But I guess we have to make do with what we have and use the players we have to their full potential. When the right team is selected, we'd probably have better performances and subsequently results and everyone would probably play better if we're not consistently inconsistent.

It's not an ideal squad but to actually get rid of all those not fit enough for the shirt and bring in a team of quality, it's going to take alot of money and time, something which won't happen to us by 2015 even, IMO.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3386 
      Reply #136: Oct 03, 2010 07:00:44 pm
      It's not an ideal squad but to actually get rid of all those not fit enough for the shirt and bring in a team of quality, it's going to take alot of money and time, something which won't happen to us by 2015 even, IMO.

Or you fill the gaps left by those sh*t first team players with hungry kids willing to fight for the club.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,730 posts | 7165 
      Reply #137: Oct 03, 2010 07:00:44 pm
      You would have to agree the players ARE amongst the worst ever as the results confirm this. They maybe technically better than some and internationals but they have no heart or pride. Istanbul now seems longer ago than Rome.

Quick Reply