Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

What happens next?

Read 1764 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      What happens next?
      Jan 07, 2011 08:38:03 pm
      I think everyone now agrees that Hodgson is a dead man walking. So what happens when we get our new manager that "everyone" is happy with ? He comes into a club where moral is lower than a snakes belly, he has no time to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the squad before diving into the transfer market as the clock is already ticking on its closure. So either hasty decisions or just trust that Cormalli will know the type of players the manager will require for "his" style of football.

The best we can hope for in my opinion is that the manager(who ever he may be) starts to get the squad playing to the level it should be, plays good attractive football and fills one or two of the more glaring holes in the squad. Says the right things at the right time to keep the fans on side and with luck gets us a decent cup run and a top 6 finish. Leaving all the major work on rebuilding the squad till the summer when he will have a better idea of their abilities and character.

Certainly in my opinion he will need a lot of money if we are to get back to where we belong, and a lot of courage to make some very hard decisions (apart from the courage needed to take on the job in the first place)

The good thing is I don't think he will have to work too hard to be more popular than Roy , the bad thing will be the spectre of Rafa/Dalglish hovering over him if things go badly for a while.    
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2011 08:46:33 pm by JD »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: what happens next
      Reply #1: Jan 07, 2011 08:43:29 pm
      In all honesty I dont know. I thought I new what this club was all about but now I  am not sure. The future will be different from the past that is for sure.
      I dont get our new owners I dont understand what it is they want from us. So it will be difficult for the next few years and it is unclear were we will be in two months let alone two years.
      I am glad my support was nurtured during the late 60's and not now as I wouldnt know what to do.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Re: What happens next?
      Reply #2: Jan 07, 2011 08:48:56 pm
      Not the right time for this hugely hypothetical and speculative topic.

Roy is the current manager.  What happens next is either the board sack him or back him.

Locked.

Quick Reply