Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      37 (43.5%)
      Glen Johnson
      39 (45.9%)
      Joe Cole
      9 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Utrecht 0-0 Liverpool: Post match Déjà vu

Read 56432 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Utrecht 0-0 Liverpool: Post match Déjà vu
      Reply #644: Oct 01, 2010 03:56:11 pm
      I'd love to give a full, frank & honest assessment of the whole game, unfortunately I can't. I fell asleep.  In the first half, only Carragher, Skrtel & Reina didn't give away the ball carelessly or needlessly - every other player did. Abysmal.  Roy's after game chat with the BBC was enlightening yet again, the more he speaks, the more I want him gone.  Reina, Carragher & Johnson are the only players to, from what I saw before I fell asleep, who can come out of the game with even the slightest praise.  We deserved to get beat last night & the game as a spectacle, for me, was worse than the Man City away 0-0 last season.  Do you know what, I'd prefer losing & putting in a half decent performance to drawing like this.  Awful, awful, awful - not even a good defensive performance, I like good defensive performances, I could cope with poor results & good performances, but Roy is producing bad performances & bad results - no wonder he wants us to lower our expectations.  Is he still on 18% after that performance?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,223 posts | 3394 
      Reply #645: Oct 01, 2010 03:58:20 pm
      What does Maxi have to do to get dropped?? This guy is virtually anonymous in every game and the times that he does get the ball....well, he might as well be anonymous! A truly shocking signing even if he was free.

Erm Maxi was dropped lad. He started on the bench and came on with about 10 minutes to go.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #646: Oct 01, 2010 04:17:31 pm
                              Reina

Johnson       Carra       Skrtel       Kelly

Lucas       Poulson

Meireles           Kuyt           Cole

Torres   

I know Torres has been misfiring.
      I know Kelly had a bad game.

But I feel that the real problems lay in our central midfield pairing.
      Surely Meireles with his attempt at a more passing game, even if it was not entirely successful, is a better option.

I know we all still lament the loss of Alonso and he has left a void in our midfield. Poulson and Lucas will never fill this void. Their flat passes to team mates drove me to the washing last night. Where is the looping forward balls over the defense. There was plenty of times players made runs only for our midfield to pass a flat ball to a more convenient option.

I'm not saying woe is us bring back Alonso. We have Meireles and Gerrard who also like to be more creative. One, if not both, of them needs to start centrally. Meireles is not a winger. Sure Roy is starting him there for his passing ability. How about you put him in the centre for his passing ability Roy...

Stick with 4-2-3-1

But for christ sake put someone in the deeper pair of midfielders that has aspirtations to attack or create an attack.

I may be ranting and some might say a sharper Torres would have won that game for us... but a more capable midfield would have destroyed the opposition last night.

Torres, Cole, Kuyt and Maxi would all see their game improve if we allowed more creativity in midfield.
      Last night that was glaringly lacking from our game.

Yours Pissed Off

Racer

Spot on.

I've also felt that Torres, Kuyt, Cole and Meireles suffered from the centre pairing last night. Whether they are CMs or DMs, they just don't work.

I actually don't mind if Lucas was paired with Meireles and then have Kuyt shift right and either Babel or N'gog up alongside Nando because Lucas can occasionally pick that odd killer ball. Poulsen can't pass, he can't tackle and he lacks the attacking instincts.

Take a look at Mascherano and Alonso. Alonso was a perfect choice for the centre and Mascherano, like Lucas, could also pick the odd killer ball and forward pass as we have seen when he set up Benayoun, Torres and Dossena in previous seasons. Like you said, I'm not saying we shouldn't have sold them or am calling for them back but we haveGerrard and Meireles who are far more creative.

That pairing, will definitely, benefit Kuyt, Torres, Cole and even Maxi and Babel. You can argue that on another day, Torres would have tucked his chances in but misses are part of the game but with a more creative set of players behind him and them, more chances will be created and we'll easily win games.

I don't think they only lack service but they are probably frustrated at the same time because as a footballer, it's a no brainer that you can do much more with better quality players around you. I'm not saying we lack money to sign better quality players but we have some who can do something, so use them!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #647: Oct 01, 2010 04:24:09 pm
      It does beg the question what the fck are they doing in training when they cant string a couple of passes together and it wasn,t just last night its been all season so far ,perhaps they should be tested for colour blindness cos they sure as fck cant see red/ or any other colour we happen to play in .

Totally agreed. Have been saying that for a long time. We used to have Kenny, Rush, John Barnes etc waltzing inside the opposition box, now we are scared of even getting near to it. And once inside the box we're totally lost don't know what to do with the ball. Pretty amazing. Never mind about the good pases inside our box, it means nothing, it will not win us games, we need good, quick and penetrative passing that unsettles the opposition and hurt the opposition. I'm afraid there's something very fooking wrong with the training. Is Sammy Lee resposible for that.  I'd say get Phil Thomson back as a stand-in manager, he knows the Liverpool way, not Roy.
      Iangoalrush
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #648: Oct 01, 2010 04:34:29 pm
      Hi all out there. last nights game was shocking!!! anybody think Phil Thompson should come back and be managera? He's a true red and the passion runs through his vains. Please get roy out he's not up for the job. Liverpool is a proper club and needs a proper manager.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #649: Oct 01, 2010 04:34:56 pm
      I'd love to give a full, frank & honest assessment of the whole game, unfortunately I can't. I fell asleep.  In the first half, only Carragher, Skrtel & Reina didn't give away the ball carelessly or needlessly - every other player did. Abysmal.  Roy's after game chat with the BBC was enlightening yet again, the more he speaks, the more I want him gone.  Reina, Carragher & Johnson are the only players to, from what I saw before I fell asleep, who can come out of the game with even the slightest praise.  We deserved to get beat last night & the game as a spectacle, for me, was worse than the Man City away 0-0 last season.  Do you know what, I'd prefer losing & putting in a half decent performance to drawing like this.  Awful, awful, awful - not even a good defensive performance, I like good defensive performances, I could cope with poor results & good performances, but Roy is producing bad performances & bad results - no wonder he wants us to lower our expectations.  Is he still on 18% after that performance?
      [.
      [/quote]Well i dont normally agree with you especially since you recently negged me for doing the very thing you have just done (a bit of criticism ) but just like you i would rather us lose going hell bent for the win and trying to play good football than this tripe we are serving up , and also there are times when you need a defensive approach but not in every game and certainly not at home in front of the kop .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #650: Oct 01, 2010 04:43:01 pm
      [.
      Well i dont normally agree with you especially since you recently negged me for doing the very thing you have just done (a bit of criticism ) but just like you i would rather us lose going hell bent for the win and trying to play good football than this tripe we are serving up , and also there are times when you need a defensive approach but not in every game and certainly not at home in front of the kop .

I haven't ever negged (checked) you & haven't negged anyone since Aug 17th - someone perchance signing their negs as from me?

Back on topic, it's the poor performances that are doing my nut in, all the way through the squad, even Reina's having a few bloopers.   
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #651: Oct 01, 2010 04:43:51 pm
      Got to disagree with you over the passing, Andy. At one point, we made thirteen decent passes in one go. Trouble was all of them were in our own half! The fourteenth went to Kuyt who was just in their half. (72ish  minutes)

As far as I'm concerned it should be Leiva Lucas on the bench,
      Keep Kuyt out.
      Poulsen not doing what he should yet.

Only one of our ten outfield players (Torres) can run. We need two quick attackers to link up with Torres.
      Well then we shall just have to disagree over the passing mate ,if you had read my earlier post you would have seen that i did say constructive passing ,you know the type it gets you from one end of the field to the other and you get a shot on goal ,because if i remember rightly that is the aim of the game ,now you can get any old group to just pass it along the back four once twice perhaps a hundred times but there is one sure thing you wont score no goals from it ,and as you rightly mentioned yes we strung all them passes together ,in our own half did it result in a shot on goal i dont think so ,our passing at the moment mate is shambolic to say the least.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #652: Oct 01, 2010 04:57:31 pm
      I haven't ever negged (checked) you & haven't negged anyone since Aug 17th - someone perchance signing their negs as from me?

Back on topic, it's the poor performances that are doing my nut in, all the way through the squad, even Reina's having a few bloopers.   
      Apologise if not you , mate like you its the sheer scale of the performance that is getting us riled so much ,like i said i can take a liverpool loss ,been to anfield plenty and seen us lose, but for fck sake go down at least fighting for the cause ,
      Have driven home after losing plenty and not felt as bad as now because  at least i felt the players put 100% into the game and tried their best ,I've seen us batter teams and lose but that's football ,whats going on now is as bad as anything in the souness era ,i know the over riding factor is the owners ,and i think they only employed Roy as they seen him as an easy touch who wouldn,t rock the boat ,but for fck sake Roy get some fire in your,e belly you are in charge of a massive club at least look as if you deserved that chance ,and send out the players with some conviction.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #653: Oct 01, 2010 05:59:23 pm
      Well then we shall just have to disagree over the passing mate ,if you had read my earlier post you would have seen that I did say constructive passing ,you know the type it gets you from one end of the field to the other and you get a shot on goal ,because if I remember rightly that is the aim of the game ,now you can get any old group to just pass it along the back four once twice perhaps a hundred times but there is one sure thing you wont score no goals from it ,and as you rightly mentioned yes we strung all them passes together ,in our own half did it result in a shot on goal I dont think so ,our passing at the moment mate is shambolic to say the least.

It was an ironic comment, Andy. I agree entirely. The problem is the coach, Sammy Lee.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #654: Oct 01, 2010 06:08:57 pm
      Erm Maxi was dropped lad. He started on the bench and came on with about 10 minutes to go.

I mean for a lengthy period. He offers nothing  at all from what I can see.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #655: Oct 01, 2010 06:18:21 pm
      Lot of fans of different clubs calling us the most boring team in the Premiership now, looking at last night it is hard to argue.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #656: Oct 01, 2010 06:37:29 pm
      Lot of fans of different clubs calling us the most boring team in the Premiership now, looking at last night it is hard to argue.

Yeah, we're so boring this season and have been on a whole for the last 18 months.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #657: Oct 01, 2010 08:01:04 pm
      I think the worst thing about being an LFC fan at the moment is fans of all other clubs saying how bad we are and having no argument against their opinion.

Of all the sh*t them two wankers have caused i never thought we'd get that low that even the F***ing banter is dead.

cu*ts of the highest order.

As an LFC fan i just want to smile again. Just F**k off now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #658: Oct 01, 2010 08:06:38 pm
      I'm even agreeing with a lot of what they are saying now which is the saddest F***ing thing.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #659: Oct 01, 2010 08:42:30 pm
      I am fed up of all this depressing sh*te!
      At least we didnt lose- I do believe we are now forced to look at the positives, before we perform a mass-sucicide!

And all this Torres leaving bullshit- leave it out!
      Like I dont get enough from the pundits & newspapers everyday without our own supporters jumping on the bandwagon!
      Just because the bloke is frustrated & doesnt have a smile on his face everytime we see him?
      Top post this Ms T.

Just got round to checking out this thread.Only read the last 2 pages and like you say "depressing" or what?
      Think I might just take a break from the forum cos I'm certain sure the constant depressing s***e (from mostly the same Liverpool Fans??)on here is making me miserable (confirmed by the one I love.)So I'll be back when Roy's had a bit of a go (not 6 games) and doing well.

In Roy we must trust.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #660: Oct 02, 2010 09:39:03 am
      Depressing and boring are the two words that sum that match for me.

We never looked like it, I think we were lucky to get a draw.

F**k Roy use your F***ing subs and get N'Gog on the ground to play alongside Nando. The aim of the game is to outscore the opposition.

I can't believe in all honesty that Roy was happy with that point. That post match interview had me  :mad:

I for one ain't F***ing happy and 98% of us on here aren't happy. Get it sorted Roy and F***ing quick.

LFCexiled
      Reply #661: Oct 02, 2010 09:53:29 am
      Did i sleep too long? Why's the timer on 5 hours?

Now i'm not overly optimistic about it and trying to put it off but moving it forward a day's a bit hasty after Thursdays sh*te. They need at least another days training, saying that they'll still be sh*t though.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #662: Oct 02, 2010 03:37:51 pm
      My manc mate sent me a text it read (who the fck are Utrecht fc ) that just about sums it up really.And our manager thought it was a good point ,we are scraping the depths my friends.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #663: Oct 02, 2010 03:45:23 pm
      What do you expect from a manager who was happy with a point against Sunderland at Anfield?

And just so you know, prior to that match, I think our last 4 games against them at home were 9 goals scored, 0 concended.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #664: Oct 02, 2010 04:01:12 pm
      My manc mate sent me a text it read (who the fck are Utrecht fc ) that just about sums it up really.And our manager thought it was a good point ,we are scraping the depths my friends.

You haved a manc mate?   ;)

True tho. Happy with a point against a 2nd rate Dutch side!! Not the first sh*te reslt or performance hes been happy with
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #665: Oct 02, 2010 04:01:20 pm
      The trouble is my friend i know what to expect from a hodgeson team ,i was at anfield last season when we played fulham ,and he hasn,t changed tactics from that day ,people keep saying he needs time  well he has had 35 years to create his playing style and its a long fckin way from the style we were used to or grew accustomed  to .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #666: Oct 02, 2010 04:07:09 pm
      You haved a manc mate?   ;)

True tho. Happy with a point against a 2nd rate Dutch side!! Not the first sh*te reslt or performance hes been happy with
      We have been mates since school, we were mates when they went down and we still mates touble is there is fck all to have any banter over at the moment ,champions league nights the txts used to fly photos of the score on the telly you know the usual sh*t ,sadly for me thats a memory at the moment and he is lovin it ,mind you i gave him sh*t all these years about their own sending them down ,so i got to take a bit back now .

Quick Reply