Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Rafa: "Liverpool is my home - I'll be back"

Read 46917 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Rafa: "Liverpool is my home - I'll be back"
      Reply #46: Oct 03, 2010 12:13:37 pm
      How F***ing sad are you mate, and what club do you support could you not find a forum for them
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #47: Oct 03, 2010 12:15:52 pm
      Excuse me if I don't find the industrial-scale genocide of a people replete with comedic potential.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #48: Oct 03, 2010 12:16:00 pm
      Goodbye, we hope you enjoyed your time at LFC Reds.

F**k off.

Beat me to it!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #49: Oct 03, 2010 12:16:18 pm
      What comment does this provocation deserve?

Gerrard and Torres leaving in Jan.
      Old Roy dying of natural causes before christmas.
      LFC relegated.

Nothing in football is as enjoyable as watching scousers suffer

Wait until poor old melted face Harry gets fu**ed all over Italy by Rafa

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You cockney tw*t - remind me again what have spurs won this decade.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #50: Oct 03, 2010 12:17:10 pm
      On-topic if you please, lads.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #51: Oct 03, 2010 12:28:17 pm
      What comment does this provocation deserve?

Gerrard and Torres leaving in Jan.
      Old Roy dying of natural causes before christmas.
      LFC relegated.

Nothing in football is as enjoyable as watching scousers suffer

I'll take option 2 cheers. ;D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #52: Oct 03, 2010 12:31:29 pm
      What a lovely interview. Makes you realise you should appreciate things while you have them, not when they're gone.

And we'll welcome you back with open arms Rafa, anytime.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #53: Oct 03, 2010 12:39:32 pm
      Great article that, has certainly cheered me up as I now see that this sh*te that we are currently going through, is an unfortunate buy necessary evil.

Hopefully, the yanks empire will come tumbling down, hastened by the appointment of roy, in the very near future and we can have a total clear-out of board members.

Only then can we truly start to re-build the club and put Rafa back on his rightful throne. Then he can show everyone (especially, those nasty and bitter little managers of certain other clubs) just what he can do in the right circumstances. Number 19 and beyond.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #54: Oct 03, 2010 12:47:34 pm
      Rafa did a good job at Liverpool but I have always been told and believed it is a mistake for a manager to return to a club
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #55: Oct 03, 2010 12:48:03 pm
      I suspect if it wasn't for Rafa, the 2 Yank scum would have their feet firmly under the table.
      Turdslow would be talking about us "narrowly missing out on xyz" players. ie lesser managers would be going along with the lies that were werent asset stripping and "genuinely" wanted to compete.

When u consider he was competing with clubs spending vastly more money, he did magnificently. The Paisley / Fagan eras were so different- we werent at such a financial disadvantage and there wasnt free movement of players worldwide. So for these and other reasons, I would say he is definitely our best ever manager.
      In any event, as a man he is a complete legend!
      Rafa, the return parade is waiting for u!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: RAFA ,Liverpool is my home,I will be back (independent)
      Reply #56: Oct 03, 2010 12:48:15 pm
      Good read.
      History ... and now not relevant to our current problems.
      Frying Pan and Fire come to mind
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #57: Oct 03, 2010 01:03:41 pm
      Reading this made me cry. :f_wah: :f_wah:

I hope certain people at our club are hanging their heads in shame !!  :mad: :mad:

this !
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #58: Oct 03, 2010 01:06:34 pm
      Excellent article. Its an absoulte insult to the guy to sack him and then to bring in Hodgson.
      He worked really hard for us under constant barage of xenophobic press attack.
      The board would never back him - he always had to sell to buy.
      Would have loved to see him with a blank check book.

Felt sick when he was forced out. Would love him back with new owners.
      Can't see it tho, were fighting relegation with Woy - English manager of the year.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #59: Oct 03, 2010 01:14:14 pm
      Im gonna be late meeting me old man in town now...was worth it.

IRWT
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #60: Oct 03, 2010 01:17:13 pm
      I feel in love with this club in 1998 when Houllier was in charge, but it's the Rafalution that marked my life, and please don't get me wrong that I make this comparison but Rafa in my lifetime is what Shankly was for other people who followed Liverpool in those times.  I love this man to bites and would really love to see him back to his home someday. And the things that i  love the most in this article are when rafa is regarding to the fans of LFC as '' OUR FANS'' nothing more to be said about his feelings toward this club than that! YNWA RAFA
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #61: Oct 03, 2010 01:25:19 pm
      From Paul Tomkins:

had it confirmed to me by someone in the know that Carra refused to play at right-back at Boro – as most knew – but said in front of everyone “it’s your fault for buying sh*te in summer”

I think reading the article and looking at the comments by Paul Tomkins Carragher may have been one of the players that had it in for Rafa and it would explain why he has been so vocal in the defence of Hodgson.

Carragher should remember Rafa brought him in from full back originally and turned him into a top class centre half.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #62: Oct 03, 2010 01:32:16 pm
      From Paul Tomkins:

had it confirmed to me by someone in the know that Carra refused to play at right-back at Boro – as most knew – but said in front of everyone “it’s your fault for buying sh*te in summer”

I think reading the article and looking at the comments by Paul Tomkins Carragher may have been one of the players that had it in for Rafa and it would explain why he has been so vocal in the defence of Hodgson.

Carragher should remember Rafa brought him in from full back originally and turned him into a top class centre half.
      He has done a lot of talking Carra. But any player who refuses to play in a position that the manager asks, IMO needs F***ing off. Needs to remember who guided his career, because he wasn't going anywhere fast until Rafa came in and shook it up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #63: Oct 03, 2010 01:35:58 pm
      From Paul Tomkins:

I said something similar myself in another thread about Carra playing some part in Rafa's leaving mate, that just confirms what I had been told.

Any one notice Carra has got a lot to say publicly to the media this season as in comparisons to last season where most of his media briefings were in private, whilst stabbing Rafa in the back.

Are you suggesting Rafa had lost the dressing room?  :f_tongueincheek:

Nope but I'm stating not every player thought Rafa was the man to take us forward and that one or two of them most notably Carra and Gerrard to a lesser played a part in Rafa's removal and Hodgson's appointment along with Purslow.

Notice how Rafa says "He liked Carra as a footballer", not as a man and not as a person, that statement says a lot in itself considering he worked along side him for 6 years.
      nlong
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #64: Oct 03, 2010 01:38:16 pm
      wow Rafa legend.

Can't wait to see him back one day.

Would like to see him more healthy though.
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #65: Oct 03, 2010 01:41:31 pm
      I have no doubt, Rafa was the making of Carragher. We learnt to defend as a unit, which meant Carragher wasnt caught for pace, or aerially - which are his weaknesses against top players.

Carra seemed to behave like a complete tosser in that scuffle with Arbeloa. Arbeloa was actually a better player at that stage.
      With the fans, Carragher is absolutely great. But to work with, I suspect he could be a completely load-mouthed ignorant arsehole.

As for Tomkins, well I think we need the full story before passing judgement. But on the face of it, that was the behavuour of a complete c**t who should be banished to the reserves or fu**ed off completely.

Anyway, in his bk, Carra seems to be very complimentary of Rafa( like you cant when its a legend of a manager we're on about).

Some of the English players need to take a leaf out of Pepe's book.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #66: Oct 03, 2010 01:45:02 pm
      What a great read, love Rafa Great manager, Great bloke.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: Oct 03, 2010 01:52:28 pm
      Seems to me reading it as well Rafa is more in tune with the Liverpool way than Carragher
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #68: Oct 03, 2010 01:54:55 pm
      Love Rafa.....and Carra must be over the moon with woy coz man markings doing him no favours hes struggling but at least he likes the manager even if he isnt up to it...he should have kept his mouth shut and got on with it like the model pro we're told he is IN RAFA ILL ALWAYS TRUST Y.N.W.A

Quick Reply