Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ian Holloway

Read 25249 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Ian Holloway
      Reply #115: Jan 13, 2011 04:44:47 pm
      Cheers Dex.

Proper bloke Holloway, honourable and respectful by equal measure.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #116: Jan 13, 2011 06:29:19 pm
      The only manager whose interviews I love and look forward to.

Except our Boss of course  ;) ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #117: Jan 14, 2011 06:47:08 am
      The only manager whose interviews I love and look forward to.

Except our Boss of course  ;) ;D
      I wonder if he is available to give lessons to Ferguson on respect for Liverpool managers.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #118: Jan 14, 2011 06:35:21 pm
      I like Holloway.

He seems not to give a.................
      LFCexiled
      Reply #119: Jan 14, 2011 07:03:47 pm
      ...............sh*t.

;)
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #120: Jan 16, 2011 12:30:26 am
      I'd be content if he became our manager.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #121: Jan 16, 2011 01:49:04 am
      The man has that x factor about him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #122: Jan 24, 2011 04:15:32 pm
      Bit disappointed in Holloway courting the media every 5 minutes over Charlie Adam.

Telling Kenny to 'put up or shut up', mocking Comolli.

Contrast that with Liverpool who have not mentioned the player once.

All seems a little bit small time from the Blackpool boss. Shame that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #123: Jan 24, 2011 04:22:50 pm
      Tbf, we have put another sh*t offer in for a player, which has in turn meant that said player now wants a transfer to Liverpool.

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #124: Jan 24, 2011 04:23:20 pm
      Can't blame him for talking up a player he wants to make money on. He knows Adam's gonna go eventually so he's trying to get the price up. Can't knock him for that, it's just common sense.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #125: Jan 24, 2011 04:32:24 pm
      Tbf, we have put another sh*t offer in for a player, which has in turn meant that said player now wants a transfer to Liverpool.

I don't really see it as a sh*t offer mate. It is maybe a bit low but remember Charlie Adam is playing his first season in the top division and is not a regular international.

I think he is an excellent player but if we had have went in at 7 or 8 million people on here would be going ballistic. It may take that to get him but I would rather we went in low and have to rise than go in high and still have to up the bid.

It is up to Blackpool to do what they want with the bid which they did as they rejected it but they have made it difficult for themselves as Holloway has admitted that Liverpool is one of the clubs that they would let Adam go to.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #126: Jan 24, 2011 04:37:06 pm
      I'm just trying to see it from Ollys point of view, he rejected the same offers from Brum and Villa, so it was obvious exactly what we were trying to do.

Have to admit I'm not a fan of our agressive way of buying players we seem to be using.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #127: Jan 24, 2011 04:39:57 pm
      I'm just trying to see it from Ollys point of view, he rejected the same offers from Brum and Villa, so it was obvious exactly what we were trying to do.

Have to admit I'm not a fan of our agressive way of buying players we seem to be using.

Holloway might be upset that we have bid low Anny but you can bet your life that he like any other manager will offer as low as possible for any player he is trying to buy.

And I really dont think £4M is a bad offer as an opening one for a player who while I do rate has only played in this league for six months.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #128: Jan 24, 2011 04:41:07 pm
      We havent put our side of the story so how can we be deemed aggresive.If they dont put a realistic value on him then it makes negotiations difficult.Remember they only paid peanuts for him was £500k so that was there valuation then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #129: Jan 24, 2011 04:44:30 pm
      We havent put our side of the story so how can we be deemed aggresive.If they dont put a realistic value on him then it makes negotiations difficult.Remember they only paid peanuts for him was £500k so that was there valuation then.

It is agressive to put in the exact same bid as Villa and Brum knowing full well that it would turn the players head and make it impossible for Blackpool to keep hold of. We must have known we weren't going to get him for that, but that it would turn his head and he could worm a move to us by making life hard for Blackpool.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #130: Jan 24, 2011 04:45:52 pm
      It is agressive to put in the exact same bid as Villa and Brum knowing full well that it would turn the players head and make it impossible for Blackpool to keep hold of.

Or it could be that us Villa and Birmingham are right in their valuations.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #131: Jan 24, 2011 04:48:19 pm
      Or it could be that us Villa and Birmingham are right in their valuations.

But he said last week that Villa and Brum offer was nowhere near enough.

We knew it wouldn't buy him, but we knew it would unsettle him.

It is exactlyy what we have done to Suarez.

If we carry on like this clubs wont want to deal with us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #132: Jan 24, 2011 04:58:34 pm
      But he said last week that Villa and Brum offer was nowhere near enough.

We knew it wouldn't buy him, but we knew it would unsettle him.

It is exactlyy what we have done to Suarez.

If we carry on like this clubs wont want to deal with us.

I'm just saying that maybe the buying clubs have valued Adam at close to what he is worth and Blackpool could possible over value him.

I've no problem with them over valueing him as he is their player but I think Ian Holloway has been too vocal over this transfer as he has admitted Liverpool were a club that they would let Adam go to if the opportunity came up so he set himself up for this in my opinion Anny.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #133: Jan 24, 2011 05:08:12 pm
      Charlie Adam is probably a £10million player.

Clubs who bid for him under value him because he is not a big-name and has no previous record of being at a top club.

Holloway recognises that he will not be able to bring in any sort of replacement with the money we are offering. He will end up buying two £5million players.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #134: Jan 24, 2011 06:11:22 pm
      It is agressive to put in the exact same bid as Villa and Brum knowing full well that it would turn the players head and make it impossible for Blackpool to keep hold of. We must have known we weren't going to get him for that, but that it would turn his head and he could worm a move to us by making life hard for Blackpool.
      How do you know what we have put in as a bid you only know what Hooloway has said and he is just playing the injured party.. Lets see what happens.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #135: Jan 25, 2011 03:58:16 pm
      I actually think he's entilted to make those comments. Our was quite low, was abit dissapointed when I'd heard he'd said'put up or shut up' but after watching the interview it wasn't really directed at Kenny and he remained respectful to the club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #136: Jan 25, 2011 04:06:07 pm
      I actually think he's entilted to make those comments. Our was quite low, was abit dissapointed when I'd heard he'd said'put up or shut up' but after watching the interview it wasn't really directed at Kenny and he remained respectful to the club.

I'm not so sure mate.

I think Holloway and the chairman have made right tits of themselves on this one as they openly admitted that Liverpool is one club they would let Adam leave for.

We put in a bid and whether they think it is value or not is irrelevant as that is what we have valued the player at. They either reject the bid and say he is not for sale, which I don't think is the case, or indicate to us what an acceptable and realistic offer would be.

Also it is them who seem to be in the media every day over this while we have put in our offer and said nothing more.

As I said they are making themselves out to look very silly over this whole transfer.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #137: Jan 25, 2011 04:16:08 pm
      I'm not so sure mate.

I think Holloway and the chairman have made right tits of themselves on this one as they openly admitted that Liverpool is one club they would let Adam leave for.

We put in a bid and whether they think it is value or not is irrelevant as that is what we have valued the player at. They either reject the bid and say he is not for sale, which I don't think is the case, or indicate to us what an acceptable and realistic offer would be.

Also it is them who seem to be in the media every day over this while we have put in our offer and said nothing more.

As I said they are making themselves out to look very silly over this whole transfer.
      To be honest, I don't think we value him at £4m, we were just trying to unsettle him IMO. Holloway wants Adam to move to a big club though I've just heard him say it.

Quick Reply