Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Ian Holloway

Read 25020 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Re: Ian Holloway
      Reply #161: Jan 28, 2011 03:28:11 pm
      The FA will wormout of it if he stands up to them. Shouldnt give ultimatum to the FA they dont like it and now if he dosent win the appeal he will look a tit if he dosen't step down. The Fa are just a shower of sh*t we all know that but what if Villa escape relegation by 1 point.its not as simple as it seems he cleary saved his better players for an upcoming match whose to say they wouldnt have beaten Villa.The league has to have transparency and if you make 10 changes just for the one game your in trouble.if he could demonstrate he does this on a regular basis he would have a case but he dosent so he could well be screwed.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #162: Jan 28, 2011 04:18:55 pm
      Blackpool Gazzette reporting he's offering his resagnation.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #163: Jan 28, 2011 05:55:24 pm
      Blackpool Gazzette reporting he's offering his resagnation.
      thats a climb down too.He did not say he would offer his resignation he said he would resign big difference especially when they had already said they would not accept it.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #164: Jan 28, 2011 06:00:01 pm
      Discrace.

That fine is a massive insult to the Blackpool players who played that day.

Exactly.

What if we started a game with Kelly, Pacheco, Spearing and Shelvey in the side for example? Would that be deemed a weakened side? I mean obviously its not the best we have, but could you fine us for it? Who are they to dictate who the best players are for any particular day, do they come to our training sessions everyday to see who looks good, who doesn't look good, who needs a rest etc etc.

FA can go F**k a landmine the corrupt F***ing bas**rds. Fine Babel for a tweet, fine Holloway for a 'weakened' side, but man united and Webb can just go about their merry business can't they :roll:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #165: Jan 28, 2011 06:04:02 pm
      Webb is now a MBE for his services to Man Utd (apparently)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #166: Jan 28, 2011 07:19:06 pm
      Exactly.

What if we started a game with Kelly, Pacheco, Spearing and Shelvey in the side for example? Would that be deemed a weakened side? I mean obviously its not the best we have, but could you fine us for it? Who are they to dictate who the best players are for any particular day, do they come to our training sessions everyday to see who looks good, who doesn't look good, who needs a rest etc etc.

FA can go f**k a landmine the corrupt f**king bas**rds. Fine Babel for a tweet, fine Holloway for a 'weakened' side, but man united and Webb can just go about their merry business can't they :roll:

i can see both sides and understand the FA are trying to ensure the game isnt fiddled with in a wider sense.
      If your side went down by 1 point less than Villa and found that Blackpool made 10 changes you wouldnt be too chuffed.
      The fact that managers dont make 10 changes from game to game makes this unusual and if nothing else it just lets everyone know the FA are trying to keep the game honest.
      Having said all that i dont see how they can touch him if they are squad members.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #167: Feb 02, 2011 01:08:26 pm
      Anyone else starting to get a bit bored of him now?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #168: Feb 02, 2011 01:15:58 pm
      Yeah, he's a helmet.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #169: Feb 02, 2011 01:31:22 pm
      Anyone else starting to get a bit bored of him now?

Olly is class, if hope he stays @ Blackpool.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #170: Feb 02, 2011 01:34:18 pm
      Olly is class, if hope he stays @ Blackpool.

Yeah, but he is obsessed with making comment on anything and everything.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #171: Feb 02, 2011 01:44:19 pm
      Apparently the clubs can vote to get rid of that rule but have chosen not to.

its pretty bizarre though when you consider their most expensive player was about half a million pounds though, harsh saying they deliberately left out any household names.
      they only have one star, and he cost virtually nothing.
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #172: Feb 03, 2011 07:59:13 pm
      Personally can't stand him now, hope he gets relegated with that bunch.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #173: Feb 03, 2011 08:00:38 pm
      Yeah, but he is obsessed with making comment on anything and everything.

Not his fault what the press ask him
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #174: Feb 03, 2011 08:05:23 pm
      Well intentioned but has a need to talk. A lot.

The fine was a disgrace though. 25 men, you can pick and choose from them, so let him. Joke.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #175: Feb 03, 2011 08:06:45 pm
      I still love him.

:D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #176: May 20, 2011 06:15:08 pm
      Bumpety Bump Bump.

I wish they'd stay up but I fear they might not, either way here's a few Hollowayisms.

You gotta love the guy.

"He's six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking - he's got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he's hung like a hamster - That would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his cock's massive." - talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I have such bad luck at the moment that if I fell in a barrel of boobs I'd come out sucking my thumb."

"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee"

- on the "ugly" win against Chesterfield.

“If you're a burglar, it's no good poncing about outside somebody's house, looking good with your swag bag ready. Just get in there, burgle them and come out. I don't advocate that obviously, it's just an analogy."

"Why haven't they got cameras? The officials can speak to each other easily enough now. Why aren't we using laptops that are linked up and can give a decision in five seconds? A chimpanzee could do it - with not much training. We might as well go back to being cavemen, grab our girl by the hair, drag her into the cave whether she wants to come in or not because we may as well live in that age. We've come forward, haven't we?"

"Sir David Beckham? You're having a laugh. He's just a good footballer with a famous bird. Can you imagine if Posh was called Lady Beckham? We'd never hear the end of it!"
      - on rumours about a possible knighthood for David Beckham.

"It was a bit cheeky wasn't it? But I don't think it was that bad. It would have been worse if he'd turned round and dropped the front of his shorts instead. I don't think there's anything wrong with a couple of butt cheeks personally. (...) If anybody's offended by seeing a backside, get real. Maybe they're just jealous that he's got a real nice tight one, with no cellulite or anything."

- on Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton mooning Everton fans

"I believe in what I am doing totally and once people speak to me they do too - I could sell snow to the Eskimos."

"There was a spell in the second half when I took my heart off my sleeve and put it in my mouth."

"Paul Furlong is my vintage Rolls Royce and he cost me nothing. We polish him, look after him, and I have him fine tuned by my mechanics. We take good care of him because we have to drive him every day, not just save him for weddings."

- on veteran striker Paul Furlong.

"I always say that scoring goals is like driving a car. When the striker is going for goal, he's pushing down that accelerator, so the rest of the team has to come down off that clutch. If the clutch and the accelerator are down at the same time, then you are going to have an accident."

"I am a football manager. I can't see into the future. Last year I thought I was going to Cornwall on my holidays but I ended up going to Lyme Regis."
      - asked whether QPR would be able to beat Manchester City.

"You can say that strikers are very much like postmen: they have to get in and out as quick as they can before the dog starts to have a go."

"It's all very well having a great pianist playing but it's no good if you haven't got anyone to get the piano on the stage in the first place, otherwise the pianist would be standing there with no bloody piano to play."

- after being criticised for using defensive players in midfield.

"It was lucky that the linesman wasn't stood in front of me as I would have poked him with a stick to make sure he was awake."

- Holloway states his opinion about the linesman's performance in a game against Bristol City.

"In the first-half we were like the Dog and Duck, in the second-half we were like Real Madrid. We can't go on like that. At full-time I was at them like an irritated Jack Russell."
      - On Blackpool 2 Crystal Palace 2, 20 March 2010.

His showreel:

The best of Ian Holloway - legend!
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2011 06:20:55 pm by LFCexiled »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #177: May 20, 2011 06:58:51 pm
      He's a fooking legend. Hope they can stay up this weekend.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #178: May 20, 2011 07:10:34 pm
      Hope they beat the Mancs to stay up because we need Brum to get a point at WHL
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #179: May 20, 2011 09:40:34 pm
      He's a funny bloke for sure, you need Carchters in football, certainly in management, lets be honest who wants to see every manger constantly give a Fergie carbon copy interview.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Ian Holloway
      Reply #180: Oct 14, 2011 09:30:32 am
      I love this guy, calls it like it is

Holloway Platini

Hollowy Twitter

Holloway Transfer Window

Hollowy Snoods

Legend.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #181: Oct 14, 2011 09:38:40 am
      Holloway Redknapp

Holloway Dalglish

Legend
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #182: Oct 14, 2011 09:38:50 am
      Yeah, no arse or boot licking with this guy, but I've always thought he was a bit of a knob, to be honest.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #183: Oct 14, 2011 09:40:51 am
      F*cking love the man had me in stitches

Quick Reply