Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Is Dirk Kuyt Seriously Good Enough?

Read 1240 times
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Is Dirk Kuyt Seriously Good Enough?
      Oct 04, 2010 01:36:33 pm
      Let me begin by saying that I respect Dirk Kuyt as a man and for his tremendous work rate, but has this guy been finally found out at this level?

Yes it can be argued that he is being played out of position and yes it can be argued that he has just come back from a shoulder injury but as much as it pains me to criticize a player I seriously think the man isn't good enough for LFC.

His touch is awful, his quality is pretty much non-existent and he has no pace or killer instinct.

Like I said before I like and respect the man a lot, after all he could have quite easily got out of the club and gone to Inter with Rafa. I admire his passion, commitment and work ethic and also his love for the club but I think enoughs enough he just hasn't the quality needed at a club like Liverpool.

Right now we're at a level we shouldn't be at and I think it's mostly down to the players we have. Lucas, Poulsen and Kuyt to me dont have the quality and all three are mid table players at best and it really does pain me to say it!

I also think we can't all pin the blame at Hodgsons door because the guy has been left a team thats in a shocking state. Yes Poulsen is a bad buy on his part but he didn't sign Lucas and co did he. I love and respect Rafa to pieces but I think he needs to take some of the blame here for the current crop of players.

Hodgson needs time. Time you dont get at Liverpool regarding our stature but i think we need to give Roy some breathing space till at least Christmas or this ship is going to sink deeper. We are Liverpool, we get behind our manager and always have done and i think we should give the man a bit more time before we judge. Northampton and Blackpool losses at home are shocking but if we beat Everton away next week wouldn't that be the start of something good?

What do you all think?

CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Re: Is Dirk Kuyt Seriously Good Enough?
      Reply #1: Oct 04, 2010 01:41:33 pm
      Agree with all of this :f_wah: :mad:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Is Dirk Kuyt Seriously Good Enough?
      Reply #2: Oct 04, 2010 02:12:49 pm
      Did you feel the same about Kuyt in the season we came 2nd and up to that season when he was one of our best players week in week out? Knee jerk topic and if you are starting one on him about this when there is already a player thread then you may as well had for every other player in the squad.

Locked.

Quick Reply