Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Tom Hicks "We spent £300million on players, £150million net"

Read 8690 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Re: Tom Hicks "We spent £300million on players, £150million net"
      Reply #92: Oct 16, 2010 07:31:44 pm
      Did he count the money spent on salaries and stuff cause it appears so.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #93: Oct 16, 2010 07:32:58 pm
      That was the lad I was listening to racer I actually nearly crashed the car listening to him, this blokes opinion seemed to be based solely on what Hicks said last night said he could understand why the stadium wasn't built and Hicks and Gillette provided loads of money for Rafa who blew it.

Two other Liverpool came on rubbishing him then and it finished with a Utd fan calling in saying what did Hicks and Gillette do wrong. It actually amazes me how many clueless fans are around.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #94: Oct 16, 2010 07:40:25 pm
      Christ, what is it about Rafa, that just winds so many people up.

Some of these whopper's claims are worse than the bitterest of Evertonians moaning about Norweigians!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #95: Oct 16, 2010 07:48:13 pm
      I'm done with these bullshit merchants, how long have they had a field day with the other lying bas**rds helping out with the crap? Those days are F***ing over LFC are on the way back so pull your F***ing necks in you prophets of doom and gloom your time is gone.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #96: Oct 16, 2010 07:50:19 pm
      Strange thing is Corbally. . . My manc mates, who have given me no end of grief over the last few weeks, have suddenly gone very quiet. That caller would be well advised to do the same. Things are not going well for United right now. If Rooney leaves they wont get the money and its not like they have a youth team bristling with talent.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #97: Oct 16, 2010 07:51:17 pm
      That was the lad I was listening to racer I actually nearly crashed the car listening to him, this blokes opinion seemed to be based solely on what Hicks said last night said he could understand why the stadium wasn't built and Hicks and Gillette provided loads of money for Rafa who blew it.

Two other Liverpool came on rubbishing him then and it finished with a Utd fan calling in saying what did Hicks and Gillette do wrong. It actually amazes me how many clueless fans are around.

I blamed the Parents, Sky, and the Educatuion system.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #98: Oct 16, 2010 07:54:27 pm
      Ya think Utd have enough problems without them ringing in trying to big up our ex owners. I suppose he thinks the Glaziers are great as well.

Well Utd have about 2 years left before they are completely fu**ed financially and on the playing side.

When Sir Alex goes they are convinced they will get Mourinho they should lower there sites with the problems at the club. I'd be thinking Big Sam would be more realistic.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #99: Oct 16, 2010 07:57:17 pm
      Ya think Utd have enough problems without them ringing in trying to big up our ex owners. I suppose he thinks the Glaziers are great as well.

Well Utd have about 2 years left before they are completely fu**ed financially and on the playing side.

When Sir Alex goes they are convinced they will get Mourinho they should lower there sites with the problems at the club. I'd be thinking Big Sam would be more realistic.

Your bang on mate.

I don't know why they want Mourinho so bad, I mean why? And why would he take it?

They are fast running outta money and the next manager after Ferguson is going to be under the most incredible pressure.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #100: Oct 16, 2010 08:17:38 pm
      Somebody send this to sky will ya, they are reporting this pile of sh*te.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #101: Oct 16, 2010 08:39:54 pm

If they like H&G so much they should want those two c*nts to buy them off the Glazers (Even though they can't) and see how bad they really are.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #102: Oct 17, 2010 12:28:07 am
      Its these 'fans' which make me hate modern football, I think we have less of them than other clubs but F***ing hell why do our ones seem so intent on phone-ins.

These phone calls are filtered, you can guarantee they want these types of callers through.  These phone in shows are about controversial & extreme views & anything that doesn't fall into these categories, i.e. reasoned debate, isn't wanted.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #103: Oct 17, 2010 12:36:32 am
      I blame RAFA for the government cuts, and for Lehman brothers collapsing and the financial crisis that's followed, which then resulted in us not getting our new stadium.

I know this because they said so on SSN and they are gospel and only Fox news is more accurate.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #104: Oct 17, 2010 12:47:34 am
      Why do prople think Rafa had "200m in one go ???
      Tehy're just like but well yse Rafa spent over £200 F***ing milion
      F**k OFF
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #105: Oct 17, 2010 12:53:55 am
      the bloke cant even do his maths
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #106: Oct 17, 2010 12:55:58 am

I did try though  :f_tongueincheek:  :f_whistle:
      lfcgirl9
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      • In King Kenny We Trust.
      Reply #107: Oct 17, 2010 01:03:13 am
      I emailed sky earlier today, can't take everyone believing that. So annoying, I thought people were starting to understand but no, they believe the guy we've done everything to get rid off. One of the main reasons for this was him being such a 'lier' thought sky had got this at long last.

Oh well, we are rid of them now and fingers crossed people will now see the difference with a club well run (please John W Henry)

Time for the players and Hodgson to start doing there part now starting from tomorrow. Also us fans to get right behind them (like always, but without the boycotting and protests :D) Lets make lots of noise, COME ON LIVERPOOL!!! Hope those going enjoy being back at Anfield next weekend :)   
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #108: Oct 17, 2010 01:04:38 am
      The fans who believed what the media and Hicks say are called stupid.

They don't do enough research or actually check the real stats. Fact is, even if you don't check stats or anything, a real Liverpool fan the last 3 years would know Rafa did not have that type of money to spend. Bad signings, yes. Mistakes, yes. 300 million, no.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #109: Oct 17, 2010 01:06:59 am
      Walked in the pub tonight couple of usual faces ,my dad comes out the snooker room ,there is a guy down there who is shooting off Rafa spent over 300mil when he was in charge ,he wants a hundred to say he did , dad says to me go on you know the facts take it off him i will back you (my dad wont ever gamble due to a serious addiction to it when we were kids.)now i know the guy have done for 25 years or more i know his kids  for fck sake and i am not one for taking the piss , so i just educated him on some little facts, to which end he thanked me for not being  the c**t i could have been and taken his money , education is a wondourous thing .
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #110: Oct 17, 2010 01:08:57 am
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #111: Oct 17, 2010 01:11:57 am
      Seeing those figures is a bit gutting Rafa may not have been a man motivator which was his down fall but f*uck me for all the s*it he gets about him in the transfer market the guy did worked magic with what he had. I know were trying to move forward but personally I miss the guy, he was LFC through and through
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #112: Oct 17, 2010 01:12:33 am
      Seeing those figures is a bit gutting Rafa may not have been a man motivator which was his down fall but f*uck me for all the s*it he gets about him in the transfer market the guy did worked magic with what he had. I know were trying to move forward but personally I miss the guy, he was LFC through and through

This.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #113: Oct 17, 2010 01:13:24 am
      Common sense would say that would equate to 10 30 million pound players take out Stevie and Carra who were already there and thats well by my simple maths 9 33mil pound  players  it didnt happen sometimes pure logic takes over or so it should.

Quick Reply