Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 458673 times
      waltonl4 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #5934: May 08, 2024 03:01:19 am
      With King Kenny no one knows what he could have achieved if we hadn't witnessed that fatal day.   It scared him for life it changed his as a personality.   Craig Johnston tell a good story about how much he changed, how differently he saw things after.   

Kenny was young and could have stayed for decades and won lots and lots.   It's hard and impossible to compare Legends especially  when in different eras.   I agree with Gerns.   What Klopp could have achieved if he wasn't up against a state?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5935: May 08, 2024 07:55:36 am
      Shanks has got to have Double Diamond, Platinum status because without him we might still be a Championship side or similar status to  Sunderland, Norwich or West Bromwich Albion.

That’s a excellent point mate and when I think about it’s probably correct, I was looking at it on what he won and not in the regard we should all hold him to, of course he should sit at the top as the builder of our foundations and if I’m honest I feel slightly guilty I hadn’t put him at the very top, Bob took over the mantle and gave us the glory years we are all so proud of, so for success he sits on top, it’s a difficult choice to make, Bill or Bob, hence my Gold status for all the great managers who followed,
      Hypothetically though, if Jürgen hadn’t had to deal with the cheating cnuts and had won at least another two titles and perhaps another CL trophy , or had won the Quad, would you have him sat next to Bob as our best ever ??

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5936: May 08, 2024 08:08:30 am
      Kenny goes above Jürgen for other reasons

Another F***ing headache!! cheers H, 🤪 , yes maybe in the respect he’s given more of his life to Liverpool and for what he did for those families who suffered the most, so yes in regards to the human element 100%, but are we judging in terms of success or just what they have done for the club, Shanks built, Bob conquered, Joe tripled, Kenny King-ed, Rafa raved, and Jürgen has Jizzed, for want of a better description,

Successfully wise my list isn’t far off, but obviously adjustments would have to happen if we’re taking everything into account, and I’m not sure any of us would get it absolutely perfect??

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,143 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5937: May 08, 2024 08:21:16 am

Another F***ing headache!! cheers H, 🤪 , yes maybe in the respect he’s given more of his life to Liverpool and for what he did for those families who suffered the most, so yes in regards to the human element 100%, but are we judging in terms of success or just what they have done for the club, Shanks built, Bob conquered, Joe tripled, Kenny King-ed, Rafa raved, and Jürgen has Jizzed, for want of a better description,

Successfully wise my list isn’t far off, but obviously adjustments would have to happen if we’re taking everything into account, and I’m not sure any of us would get it absolutely perfect??

YNWA

That’s basically a few reasons why I can see KK above Klopp by some of you which obviously a fair comment, especially what he did during Justic for the 97. The reason why I have Klopp above KK is that he did it from scratch, he put his own mark on you lot. There’s good managers and they’re great ones that build a premier league winning side that’s not already made up of top class players. not forgetting achieving old big ears.

Nope… for me Klopp in your top 3. Opinions of others respected obviously.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5938: May 08, 2024 12:21:23 pm
      Woah, a manager comparison debate!!

Can you really call a winner

Shanks - creates the modern dynasty

Sir Bob - greedy get, will likely never be matched evdr for trophy haul in such a short time....hrs a one man Beatles

Joe - Takes over from Bob and does a treble....imagine for a moment taking over from a trophy magnet and then winning a treble

The King - purely football perspective....best football ive ever seen from Liverpool 88-90...had we not been banned you can be sute another 1 or 2 European cups were coming....had he ot gone through what he did and had a few more years in him, no doubt in my mind no powershift takes place

Jürgen - Takes a broken club and makes it great again.......a little bit of all the abive in him...Built like Shanks, won with modesty like Bob, played great football and loved the people, like Kenny
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 192 
      Reply #5939: May 08, 2024 12:27:38 pm

Sir Bob - greedy get, will likely never be matched evdr for trophy haul in such a short time....hrs a one man Beatles

Joe - Takes over from Bob and does a treble....imagine for a moment taking over from a trophy magnet and then winning a treble

The King - purely football perspective....best football ive ever seen from Liverpool 88-90...had we not been banned you can be sute another 1 or 2 European cups were coming....had he ot gone through what he did and had a few more years in him, no doubt in my mind no powershift takes place

Jürgen - Takes a broken club and makes it great again.......a little bit of all the abive in him...Built like Shanks, won with modesty like Bob, played great football and loved the people, like Kenny

If you have a mount rushmore, who's the 1 that misses out. Can it only be Joe?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,153 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5940: May 08, 2024 12:29:28 pm

That’s the 5 that’s at the top

And depending on when you started watching will be how you view each one

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,153 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5941: May 08, 2024 12:29:55 pm

No chance - the man won a treble and imo would have gone on to win more
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,153 posts | 3466 
      Reply #5942: May 08, 2024 01:18:25 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,143 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5943: May 08, 2024 01:34:49 pm

Jürgen - Takes a broken club and makes it great again.......

And that’s what ( like I’ve been saying!  ) makes the difference. Never walked into a ready made side like  so many so-called  top managers  that are more decorated than Klopp.   Often fans think because you won more trophies it must mean better manager, not for me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3959 
      Reply #5944: May 08, 2024 02:35:54 pm

This all day if you're talking about compassion and love for the people and the club!

There would be a number getting behind Jürgen in the light of his football achievements and also the dedication to LFC and the supporters, tough one to call when Sir Bill and Sir Bob are brought in to the equation.

Personally the remarkable, unique achievements of former managers make me proud to support LFC and unable to place any one above the other in light of different achievements.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2024 02:52:25 pm by stuey »
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,516 posts | 223 
      Reply #5945: May 08, 2024 05:31:33 pm
      Klopp is the most talented manager we have had for a long long time and that includes Kenny but Kenny will go down for what he did for the club and people more so than anything.

Make no mistake about it, managers who we consider great in the past, Jose, ancelotti, wenger and so on would not have been able to take a team mid table or European hopefuls like us (around 6/7) and do what klopp with the funds

When you know a manager is able to get the maximum out of his players and then that 5 percent extra and when you know a manager can improve them and motivate them too with excellent tactical skills, that to me is a sign of a sensational manager.

People don’t realise the resources klopp had due to owner limitations compared to other clubs and still he overachieved

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,143 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5946: May 08, 2024 06:33:17 pm
      Klopp is the most talented manager we have had for a long long time and that includes Kenny but Kenny will go down for what he did for the club and people more so than anything.

Make no mistake about it, managers who we consider great in the past, Jose, ancelotti, wenger and so on would not have been able to take a team mid table or European hopefuls like us (around 6/7) and do what klopp with the funds

When you know a manager is able to get the maximum out of his players and then that 5 percent extra and when you know a manager can improve them and motivate them too with excellent tactical skills, that to me is a sign of a sensational manager.

People don’t realise the resources klopp had due to owner limitations compared to other clubs and still he overachieved

Ive just said that   ;D
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 788 
      Reply #5947: May 08, 2024 06:54:38 pm

There's no winner....there are too many facets to it. Bill Shankly is the architect of what we and the rest of World recognise as Liverpool Football Club today. All who came after are standing on the shoulders of Giants. Bill lay the foundations and core principles of who and what we stand for.....and there is a bit of him in all of us.

I disagree with your point that Klopp took over a broken club...it was broken under Hicks &G...but FSG ownership was the catalyst for renewal...remember Rodgers wasn't a million miles from getting us the League....JK has been responsible for growth, stability, identity, style and a unique and deep relationship with the Club, and the city.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5948: May 09, 2024 12:52:46 am

We put in another stone  :D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #5949: May 09, 2024 09:29:00 am
      The debate can go on forever, on our most successful managers. Although in my view it was Bill Shankly who created the dynasty at the club. Which to my mind remains number one.

After that there are many managers to chose from in different eras, for our next manager, a formidable challenge lies ahead.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,595 posts | 1103 
      Reply #5950: May 09, 2024 12:34:25 pm
      There's no winner....there are too many facets to it. Bill Shankly is the architect of what we and the rest of World recognise as Liverpool Football Club today. All who came after are standing on the shoulders of Giants. Bill lay the foundations and core principles of who and what we stand for.....and there is a bit of him in all of us.

I disagree with your point that Klopp took over a broken club...it was broken under Hicks &G...but FSG ownership was the catalyst for renewal...remember Rodgers wasn't a million miles from getting us the League....JK has been responsible for growth, stability, identity, style and a unique and deep relationship with the Club, and the city.

Wasnt far off broken. Clueless owners who were out of their depth.  Beaten 6-1 at stoke. Then 14th in the league i think we were with a raft of average players when Jürgen joined. On the brink of oblivion. Not far off broken in my opinion.

We won the lottery.

Jürgen saved this club. He took over a complete shambles that had been overseen by fsg and turned us into something completely different.

When bob , joe and kenny took over i think its fair to say we were a decent side already to say the least.

Weve been blessed to have these great managers ... great people. Hopefully when all is said and done we can add Slot to the list.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #5951: Today at 06:03:03 pm
      I think Bill Shankly stands above them all. He taught Bob,Joe and Roy and built his bastion of invincibility that still exists today
      What other team has had so many great mangers over the past 64 years December 1959 was our modern genesis
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,320 posts | 1407 
      Reply #5952: Today at 06:22:59 pm
      There's no doubt that Sir Bill Shankly is the 'Godfather'. Incomparable in so many ways but rating each manager is a bit demeaning to a degree. All of them are unique in one way or another.

From day one vast majority knew Sir Jürgen Klopp was a perfect fit. Clearly an emotional man. A man who understands the mentality of the great City of Liverpool and it's people. Transcends the game almost. I've enjoyed every minute but I accept that it's the right time to say goodbye.

We wish him great health and good luck. Till we meet again..

Quick Reply