Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 65211 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1564: May 11, 2024 07:53:10 pm
      United scoring 2? Your optimistic aren’t you mate. 😂

That div Sutton has Arsenal winning 5-1...but Ladbrokes are only giving 18/1 for that bet. Clearly they don't think much of United. Arsenal obviously need the win but United can in theory still finish 6th and get the Europa Conference League. Rather not if it was us but far as United go it's a case of beggars can't be choosers..
      Don77

• 6,610 posts | 1106 
      Reply #1565: May 11, 2024 08:16:49 pm
      That div Sutton has Arsenal winning 5-1...but Ladbrokes are only giving 18/1 for that bet. Clearly they don't think much of United. Arsenal obviously need the win but United can in theory still finish 6th and get the Europa Conference League. Rather not if it was us but far as United go it's a case of beggars can't be choosers..

United wont want city winning 4. Theyll take it anywhich way in ten bobs penultimate hurrah.

Unfortunately for arsenal spurs wont want them winning it so will 'have an off day' against city. Spurs arnt getting CL.
      Harrisimo

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Reply #1566: Yesterday at 04:53:32 pm
      Trossard scores. Do like this player,scored hat trick a Anfield same lad. Missed out there. Half decent game. Garnacho is a trier but lacks that extra bit of bite or quality.

Arsenal still in it as City go to Spurs with the 115 Premier league  charges still outstanding. Charged in Feb '23 but no date for hearing has been set. Meanwhile Premier League find time to do Everton and Forest.

By rights City should start 24/25 with a 40 pt deduction. At least.
      « Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:24:59 pm by Harrisimo »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,153 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1567: Yesterday at 06:23:19 pm
      No conspiracy theories United laying down then, quiet thread tonite.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #1568: Yesterday at 06:26:38 pm
      No conspiracy theories United laying down then, quiet thread tonite.  :f_whistle:

Tell you what that ladyboy Garnacho is infuriating
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,153 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1569: Yesterday at 06:30:52 pm
      Tell you what that ladyboy Garnacho is infuriating

Yeah I can see why opposing fans would like to tw@t him, he has one of those faces. 😂
      Harrisimo

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Reply #1570: Yesterday at 06:37:51 pm
      Yeah I can see why opposing fans would like to tw@t him, he has one of those faces. 😂

Must've had bout 10 runs at Arsenal defense and hardly created a chance. Diaz can do that but he will create chances. Rest of them are very ordinary as well. Can't turn up once in five, conning Ten Bob some of them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,153 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1571: Yesterday at 07:19:18 pm
      Must've had bout 10 runs at Arsenal defense and hardly created a chance. Diaz can do that but he will create chances. Rest of them are very ordinary as well. Can't turn up once in five, conning Ten Bob some of them.

They’ve given up now, I get the impression they don’t want to risk injury for the FA Cup, not that it will make a difference. There’s nothing else I can say about us lot at the moment, just one very poor side that’s going to take a while to fix if at all. I just don’t see any young up and coming managers apart from Alonso that could try  repair the damage but he won’t come here.

You fans are safe for another year or two of us fighting for top 6 at best, must be nice 🤢
      Harrisimo

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Reply #1572: Yesterday at 07:35:07 pm
      They’ve given up now, I get the impression they don’t want to risk injury for the FA Cup, not that it will make a difference. There’s nothing else I can say about us lot at the moment, just one very poor side that’s going to take a while to fix if at all. I just don’t see any young up and coming managers apart from Alonso that could try  repair the damage but he won’t come here.

You fans are safe for another year or two of us fighting for top 6 at best, must be nice 🤢

Yes but we can't relax or take anything for granted. We are entering new territory. We recruited from within many times or had the perfect candidate  but this time we are going out on a limb. We just have to trust in Slot. Back him and more importantly demand the players back him.

I'm not out of order saying after Fergie some players looked the new managers up and down and down tools. That's what we have to avoid at all costs. If they don't getting back to the top becomes very difficult.
      Harrisimo

• 8,355 posts | 1411 
      Reply #1573: Yesterday at 07:38:58 pm
      Sky had Mike Dean on standby, checking decisions etc. He had one penalty appeal to offer an alternative view. Easy money for Mike. But how many more opinions do we need.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,153 posts | 2745 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1574: Yesterday at 08:42:44 pm
      Yes but we can't relax or take anything for granted. We are entering new territory. We recruited from within many times or had the perfect candidate  but this time we are going out on a limb. We just have to trust in Slot. Back him and more importantly demand the players back him.

I'm not out of order saying after Fergie some players looked the new managers up and down and down tools. That's what we have to avoid at all costs. If they don't getting back to the top becomes very difficult.

Thing is I don’t think any other manager will have the same connection that Klopp had on the players, it’s not often managers do man hugs but was second nature to him. I definitely don’t think you’ll be fighting for the league next year unless you have a remarkable summer transfer window, top four  probably.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1575: Today at 12:01:00 pm
      Thing is I don’t think any other manager will have the same connection that Klopp had on the players, it’s not often managers do man hugs but was second nature to him. I definitely don’t think you’ll be fighting for the league next year unless you have a remarkable summer transfer window, top four  probably.

The relationship Jürgen has with his players is unique, he had it at Mainz05, at BvB and of course with us, it’s his character, his way of working and dealing with those under him, it doesn’t really matter whether you’re a board member or indeed sweep the terraces after the match, everyone is the same in his eyes,

Not every manager has this trait, but that doesn’t mean players won’t give the Same amount of commitment to A other manager, even if there is new fella coming in, he will have his own way, he will build his own relationship with those players, it will be a new regime, he will instill his own philosophy, it’s the player’s who will have to attune to his methods and his ideas,

Of what we’ve seen on YouTube etc his style isn’t too dissimilar to Jürgen’s, so that’s half the battle won straight away, Arne will have a fresh impetus, perhaps juggle the squad to get the ultimate performance, he’ll of course add and take away to achieve what he wants,

I think most will think that we’ll be miles off challenging for the title, but I beg to differ, we won’t become a bad team overnight because Jürgen has departed, he’s taken us as far as he could, and has put his own health first for a change and no one can blame him for that, but that era has ended, and we begin another,

But the squad is the same, the same group of players that were still chasing a quad up until being KO’d of the FA cup, with a injury list that would decimate most clubs in and around us, while we were in a transitional state, no rocket scientist’s are required if given the thought that if we had Jota & Trent during that particular period that we would still be chasing that milestone further than we did,

Arne Slot may not be a big enough name to fill Jürgen’s shoes,(Yet) however if you put say a Rob Edwards (Luton) in charge of City d’ya think he’d be far off winning the league ??

I can’t be the only one impressed with what I’ve read and seen of Arne Slot, and you’d be fool if you think he can’t or won’t get a tune out of our current squad, it of course remains to be seen, but FSG has done their due diligence and see this fella as the ideal candidate and to be fair they don’t get it wrong too often !!

YNWA

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,878 posts | 704 
      Reply #1576: Today at 01:10:46 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Ludicrous to blame the linesman for the Diaz 'goal'. VAR is there to correct errors not make them worse. All other decision are obviously subjective. And any one individual can easily give a biased decision. Nobody knows. But claiming their all completely impartial denies the fact that they are human beings with all the impressionable frailties and influences.

I would also add that we all know how VAR works so we don't need constant reminders as if that in some way offers an explanation for some dodgy decision. The probability is is that the vast majority of decisions are given impartially but it's not 100% in my opinion.

Who made the initial mistake? He should be blamed for it. If that was the first round of the league cup, we could be out because he called the offside wrong. Not have another chance to rectify it the following week.

Every decision is given impartially. Any player, manager, or member of staff who dares to question their impartiality will have a charge on their table in no time.

Quote from GERNS
      Subjective or not, that’s the var job. Clear up the subjective decisions from the slow mo replays. That should be correcting ‘subjective decisions’ in an instant !

No it isn't the VAR job. His job is to ensure that a clear and obvious error was not made by the ref  (or serious incident was not missed). Any hint of ambiguity and the VAR lets it go.

Or in practical terms, that the next Ramos can't haul Salah down and walk away. A VAR available that night would have dealt with the issue there and then, which would have prevented all the threats and demands for revenge that resulted, all because the ref couldn't do anything about it at the time.   

European Cup Final like. :confused-smiley-013:

Quote from andylfcynwa
      Should have a panel sit on a Monday morning and give every one that feigns injury a couple of games ban, you would soon stamp it out , their own managers would stop it

It's already been tried. And failed. Players were more than happy to take their ban, in exchange for the "successful deception of a match official". Their managers made no effort to stamp it out whatsoever, merely waited until the ban was up, for another attempt to con the ref.

Waste of time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,392 posts | 6405 
      Reply #1577: Today at 01:59:23 pm
      It's been shown beyond a shadow of a doubt, VAR isn't the savior some thought it would be. It's gotten some things right, but it's gotten some things wrong as well, in addition it's slowed down the game, killed the atmosphere and basically the fact we are 64 pages into discussing it shows that it's still at best a work in progress.

I don't see the thread for goal line technology needing posts and discussion every single day....and that's because it works and it doesn't interfere and it doesn't get things wrong. VAR does, mostly because it's not a perfect system and the idiots that implement and run it are definitely not perfect. VAR was supposed to take away the opportunity for us to bi*ch and moan about decisions made by refs...now we are still bitching and moaning about not only decisions made by refs...but even some of the ones made (or not made) by VAR.

It's a crock of sh*t. And if you like VAR, then you are a sh*t eater.

Quick Reply