Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2791257 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #19021: Jul 02, 2015 05:45:09 am
      Will you stop hand picking single sentences from other people's posts and reply to the posts in full please?

Nobody has mentioned employing people who love the Club. You have just composed another crock of sh*t and totally deflected the discussion at hand to hide your blatant naivety with regards to this matter.

Not one person has mentioned employing people who love the Club yet you compose a post that insinuates that this is the case.

Many people with a brain will read through the last few pages of this thread and they will see how you constantly ignore the points made against you and go off on a completely different tangent. Your response had nothing to do with my initial post and did nothing to tackle the points made. It was pointless and a complete crock of sh*t.

Now i have no doubt that your little upvote brigade will see nothing wrong as they have sh*t in their eyes where you are concerned. For those that choose to read and digest the posts at hand they will come to the conclusion that you are a f**king fraud.

I see your use of the 'head the ball' terminology starting to seep out. Some other c**t on here used to post that term before they got banned. Can't remember who it was now, it was probably you.

Now go and find somewhere that will accept your idiotic sh*te on a daily basis and f**k off.

LOLOL - nah I addressed all of your "points" such as they were - in fact I constructed an entire thread about people with "points" like yours holding the club back.

Basically you get upset if people have a different opinion. And you also get upset if anyone changes their opinion.

What's the matter? Underpants on too tight?

Calm yourself down.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19022: Jul 02, 2015 05:48:12 am
      Calm yourself down dear

I dont need you or anyone explaining the Boot Room to me ok

I havent once suggest that the current people in the job were on a par with the Boot Room

I know exactly how things used o be and how they people interacted - i have no need for you to tell me nor am i re writing any history.

But being blunt - thats what it is now - its history , it was relevant in the game back then but things have moved on , things have changed and we now have new people in doing multiple roles around the club but with the same essence as previously - working together to make the club better.

People become part of the family of Liverpool when they arrive - and thats what BR and all his staff are - family.

Excellent post.

Although it's comforting to cling to the past - at that time, the reason we were winning things was because we were using modern techniques and looking to the future.

It's time we had the confidence to do the same.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #19023: Jul 02, 2015 07:54:05 am
      why have we not heard a peep from them regarding the end of season review and thoughts on BR. to me there hanging Klopp over his head which is a bad way to do business because he cant win.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,543 posts | 1542 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19024: Jul 02, 2015 08:20:21 am
      why have we not heard a peep from them regarding the end of season review and thoughts on BR.
      But we have.

Tom Werner said the talks were very positive. Gomez said he joined LFC because of Rodgers. Rodgers speaks highly of O' Driscoll and O' Driscoll is our assistant manager. That tells me Rodgers is still manager so there's nothing for FSG to tell us.

to me there hanging Klopp over his head which is a bad way to do business because he cant win.
      But your conclusion is faulty because your premise is faulty. We haven't heard from FSG about Rodgers because there's nothing to report on Rodgers. All we have heard about is transfer signings and back room reshuffling.

Can't expect news when there's no news to report on.

And where on earth do you get the notion that they're hanging Klopp over his head? That's a assuming stuff on a massive scale.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19025: Jul 02, 2015 09:13:11 am
      Not heard from BR cos he is on holidays same as the players.

Monday coming we will hear from the manager etc.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #19026: Jul 02, 2015 10:51:45 am
      But we have.

Tom Werner said the talks were very positive. Gomez said he joined LFC because of Rodgers. Rodgers speaks highly of O' Driscoll and O' Driscoll is our assistant manager. That tells me Rodgers is still manager so there's nothing for FSG to tell us.
      But your conclusion is faulty because your premise is faulty. We haven't heard from FSG about Rodgers because there's nothing to report on Rodgers. All we have heard about is transfer signings and back room reshuffling.

Can't expect news when there's no news to report on.

And where on earth do you get the notion that they're hanging Klopp over his head? That's a assuming stuff on a massive scale.
      Its just odd to be so public about an end of season review then to sack his back room staff and not to even put one line out to the the FANs stating that BR is still their man for the job and they will back him to the hilt. I am speculating your correct and I just hope there not thinking that come Dec if we are in the trenches again they will get rid because that will be no good. If there sticking with him they need to let the season run, untill Klopp has a new job it will always be there I think as he(klopp) has spoken how he would love to manage a club like LFC
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #19027: Jul 04, 2015 12:47:44 am
      All I know is that FSG is far and away better than the previous..ie; H&G and I dont understand where the hate is coming from. FSG are doing exactly what they said they would. They are spending money, they are refurbishing Anfield instead of tearing it down for some glass and steel pole monstrosity. They are not bankrupting the club. They make money and spend money. A lot of the hate I have read is based on them saying soccer instead of "Football" and honestly thats a petty, insignificant quip. Who cares.  I understand that Liverpool are a religion. I understand that to the supporters of Liverpool and those who have been lifetime ticket holders, that American ownership is somehow tainting the club and I understand. But thats life now. Especially for Football. I am very familiar with this ownership group and I am telling you that they will win Titles and Cups. Give it time and we will soon enjoy success. I promise.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19028: Jul 04, 2015 12:40:08 pm
      All I know is that FSG is far and away better than the previous..ie; H&G and I dont understand where the hate is coming from. FSG are doing exactly what they said they would. They are spending money, they are refurbishing Anfield instead of tearing it down for some glass and steel pole monstrosity. They are not bankrupting the club. They make money and spend money. A lot of the hate I have read is based on them saying soccer instead of "Football" and honestly thats a petty, insignificant quip. Who cares.  I understand that Liverpool are a religion. I understand that to the supporters of Liverpool and those who have been lifetime ticket holders, that American ownership is somehow tainting the club and I understand. But thats life now. Especially for Football. I am very familiar with this ownership group and I am telling you that they will win Titles and Cups. Give it time and we will soon enjoy success. I promise.

It comes down to two things:

1) They are approaching the game in a "new" way whereas most fans are still stuck in the mindset of us being one of the two two clubs able to buy the best players (not that that won us the league in the twenty years before FSG were here).

2) There is still bitterness about Kenny getting the sack despite the results so the same people feel the need to slag off everything the owners do - even though Kenny has actually returned to work with them - apparently he has had some kind of knock to the head where he needs these people to look out for him since they know what is going on better than the man himself.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19029: Jul 04, 2015 05:21:03 pm
      Being better owners than H&G is hardly a great accomplishment, in fairness.

The mistrust of FSG was solely down to the transfer policy, at the beginning what we witnessed was a moving on of experienced players, to be replaced with younger less expensive guys. This damaged our chances of success enormously.
      When Kenny was sacked for not finishing in a CL spot, despite winning a trophy, it lead us to believe that on field success was of little importance. When Brendan was kept on in his position despite having a season that was no better than kennys, we questioned wether these guys knew what they were doing.

They are not asset stripping, they are not planning to leave us with huge debts, they are building the new stand, all these things are plusses imo, but are things that I would expect of any owner to be honest.

The signing of a big name player like Firmino could be just the sign that FSG are learning firm their mistakes, that you do need to bring in quality to be successful, it can't be done solely on potential, and it can be done within budget.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19030: Jul 04, 2015 05:24:14 pm

1) They are approaching the game in a "new" way whereas most fans are still stuck in the mindset of us being one of the two two clubs able to buy the best players (not that that won us the league in the twenty years before FSG were here).

Wrong!

2) There is still bitterness about Kenny getting the sack despite the results so the same people feel the need to slag off everything the owners do - even though Kenny has actually returned to work with them - apparently he has had some kind of knock to the head where he needs these people to look out for him since they know what is going on better than the man himself.

Bollox as usual!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #19031: Jul 04, 2015 06:41:39 pm
      Being better owners than H&G is hardly a great accomplishment, in fairness.

The mistrust of FSG was solely down to the transfer policy, at the beginning what we witnessed was a moving on of experienced players, to be replaced with younger less expensive guys. This damaged our chances of success enormously.
      When Kenny was sacked for not finishing in a CL spot, despite winning a trophy, it lead us to believe that on field success was of little importance. When Brendan was kept on in his position despite having a season that was no better than kennys, we questioned wether these guys knew what they were doing.

They are not asset stripping, they are not planning to leave us with huge debts, they are building the new stand, all these things are plusses imo, but are things that I would expect of any owner to be honest.

The signing of a big name player like Firmino could be just the sign that FSG are learning firm their mistakes, that you do need to bring in quality to be successful, it can't be done solely on potential, and it can be done within budget.

Well, we had a number of players on CL money when we had no CL.
      Players like Kuyt, who incidentally, KK left on the bench for much of his final season, which showed he bought into what the owners were doing.
      The choice was to keep paying CL wages, and so be unable to afford the new players we so badly needed, or as KK appeared to agree with, move some on and bring in younger players and then bed them in.

We've had plenty of players on high wages since FSG arrived.
      Not chelsea or city high, but high nonetheless.
      They've also shown they are more than willing to give players new, improved contracts at higher wages if they perform.

So, this "won't pay the wages" argument is a non starter for me.
      They'll pay if a player proves he's worth it.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #19032: Jul 04, 2015 06:51:38 pm
      An interesting read on the perceived inequalities regarding FFP based on the Man City model. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/07/liverpool-the-model-of-the-model-owners/?wt=4
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19033: Jul 04, 2015 06:56:47 pm

Thanks for your insight.

Any chance you could expand on your answer so that us mere  mortals could be let into your immense wisdom?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19034: Jul 04, 2015 07:14:33 pm
      Thanks for your insight.

Any chance you could expand on your answer so that us mere  mortals could be let into your immense wisdom?
      No you're right and everyone else is wrong, so why bother!
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19035: Jul 04, 2015 08:10:39 pm
      No you're right and everyone else is wrong, so why bother!

I'll take that as a big fat "No." then.

Again, cheers for your input.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #19036: Jul 04, 2015 10:03:02 pm
      An interesting read on the perceived inequalities regarding FFP based on the Man City model. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/07/liverpool-the-model-of-the-model-owners/?wt=4

I dont know what the overall opinion of FFP is. Personally I do believe in installing some form of financial cap for every team. I think it levels the playing field. But, it also needs to be instituted with a good revenue sharing plan.  I loved how Southhampton were a top club last season, but over the season we saw how they couldnt sustain it due to not having the depth of the bigger clubs. It was the same clubs again finishing at top.

I just dont want to see every league like the SPL. I'm sure Celtic supporters are happy but tbh its tainted. Its boring.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19037: Jul 05, 2015 12:33:55 am
      Looks like City are ready to submit a third bid for Sterling.

I notice all the moaners who were upset at FSG for "quibbling" over "a few million" quid when we were buying players have gone quiet when other clubs have come calling for our ours.

Good to see the club, rightly, playing hardball as we did with Suarez.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #19038: Jul 05, 2015 12:36:19 am
      Good to see the club, rightly, playing hardball as we did with Suarez.
      Didn't get half enough for him , so much for hardball . More a stench of moneyball .

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19039: Jul 05, 2015 12:39:10 am
      Didn't get half enough for him , so much for hardball . More a stench of moneyball .

We pretty much ignored the release fee he had in his contract when Arsenal tried to trigger it and gambled that Suarez wouldn't do anything about it.

That's hardball. Can you name another owner who has done that?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #19040: Jul 05, 2015 12:44:59 am
      We pretty much ignored the release fee he had in his contract when Arsenal tried to trigger it and gambled that Suarez wouldn't do anything about it.

That's hardball. Can you name another owner who has done that?
      If you think 75mil was good for Suarez and then look at what the mancs paid for Di maria , who got fu**ed over ?

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19041: Jul 05, 2015 12:55:35 am
      If you think 75mil was good for Suarez and then look at what the mancs paid for Di maria , who got fu**ed over ?

I guess Ajax could say the same.

As I said, name me another club that has played hardball in the way that we did the season before. The same people were in charge when we sold him  - we managed to keep him here another season and he negotiated new terms in his contract.

You can bet Suarez and his agent didn't make the mistake twice. All things considered
      we got the best possible price we could for him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,504 posts | 4845 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19042: Jul 05, 2015 09:34:43 am
      I'm bored of all the accountants and FFP etc, etc.

5 years in and we've had one League Cup trophy and one CL qualification that we failed miserably in the following season.

At what point are we not accepting mediocrity by waiting for them to come good?

It's a results and trophies business ultimately. Well it is to the supporters anyway and when I'm honest when thinking about the club I feel like I'm still waiting for it to be as important to our leaders.

Another season of them as our owners beckons and I'm not as confident as I should be at this point.

Hope we come good.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19043: Jul 05, 2015 10:02:39 am
      I'm bored of all the accountants and FFP etc, etc.

5 years in and we've had one League Cup trophy and one CL qualification that we failed miserably in the following season.

At what point are we not accepting mediocrity by waiting for them to come good?

It's a results and trophies business ultimately. Well it is to the supporters anyway and when I'm honest when thinking about the club I feel like I'm still waiting for it to be as important to our leaders.

Another season of them as our owners beckons and I'm not as confident as I should be at this point.

Hope we come good.

I think a lot of people feel the same way, we are all waiting for tomorrow but tomorrow always seems so far away. I hope FSG, the manager, coaching staff and all the players finally get the message that we want a winning team , no promises, no excuses just get out on that pitch and do the job that is required.

Quick Reply