Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795457 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #20677: Aug 29, 2016 10:09:23 pm
      I'd go even further Stuey.

I think partial success - and the subsequent raising of expectations - has been damned inconvenient at times for them.......

Troubling if you ponder that for more than a moment.

what was that bloke called who won our only trophy since 2006 he got the sack for that.I bet they were f***in delighted when Suarez then Stevie left.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #20678: Aug 29, 2016 10:11:07 pm
      I'd go even further Stuey.

I think partial success - and the subsequent raising of expectations - has been damned inconvenient at times for them.......

Troubling if you ponder that for more than a moment.

Troubling indeed mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20679: Aug 29, 2016 10:16:37 pm
      are we supposed to just accept that we have to have Milner as full back and that although money (how much is not on record) is available nobody fits the bill. Jürgen will know where he is and maybe FSG are the same page as he is but how are we supposed to accept a situation that just doesn't make sense to any Liverpool supporter who has been blessed to see many a fine fullback going back 50 years or more.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #20680: Aug 29, 2016 10:26:43 pm
      are we supposed to just accept that we have to have Milner as full back and that although money (how much is not on record) is available nobody fits the bill. Jürgen will know where he is and maybe FSG are the same page as he is but how are we supposed to accept a situation that just doesn't make sense to any Liverpool supporter who has been blessed to see many a fine fullback going back 50 years or more.

Jürgen says he has money to spend and last day in transfers so either he's full of it and covering for FSG or he's happy with what we've got (unfortunately).
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20681: Aug 29, 2016 10:38:01 pm
      FSG appointed Klopp for one reason only; he has managed a team previously and brought them a measure of success on a limited budget.

Make no mistake FSG are only interested in one ingredient of the above statement - a limited budget!!
      Klopp has the wherewithal to operate under limited financial parameters and achieve passable results.

FSG of course are well content with passable results for zero investment, can the same be said for the vast majority of supporters?? 

Yeah but they saved us! Incredible that they are still living handsomely of that mis-truth.
      We have so many supporters that wouldn't be happy to "buy the title" like the Manc clubs and Chelsea. Those clubs are laughing at the notion of teams like ours wanting to "do it the right way".
      The F***ing right way is clearly having the best players possible at your club. There's a reason why Madrid are sitting on 11 champions league titles, does the CL role of honor have a little star beside certain teams, denoting that they achieved their titles by "buying them", and they are therefore of less worth than the teams that achieved it doing it the right way? Hell no!
      Do City and Chelsea fans feel cheated that they only won their recent titles through spending vast amounts of money? Hell no!

The fairy tale fans are hoping for is a very long shot, even if we do manage to develop a title winning team, our best players will likely be picked of by the Barca's and Madrids with the blessing of our owners to save money.
      Wake the F**k up people, you've been taken in.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016 10:13:06 am by ORCHARD RED »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20682: Aug 29, 2016 10:54:32 pm
      Jürgen says he has money to spend and last day in transfers so either he's full of it and covering for FSG or he's happy with what we've got (unfortunately).

as we are at a virtual zero net spend and the TV money has gone through the roof why wouldn't you spend £40mil plus on making the squad stronger. I would much rather say we now have financial constraints and need to balance the squad with the lack of European games.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #20683: Aug 29, 2016 11:02:13 pm

We fail this season to win any silverware or qualify for Europe then it's on Klopp...

We all know we need strengthening in certain areas & failure to address them knowing funds are available will leave questions of judgement on the manager...
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #20684: Aug 30, 2016 01:47:38 am
      We fail this season to win any silverware or qualify for Europe then it's on Klopp...

We all know we need strengthening in certain areas & failure to address them knowing funds are available will leave questions of judgement on the manager...

You do know that Klopp's Dortmund side went to average to brilliant in the space of a few years? It wasn't in the space of a few days or even a year. In fact, his Dortmund side finished with lower points in his second season there.

That is not to say that I will be happy with us if we end up in a lower position or with lower points. But I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram if it does happen and call for his sacking, and I will still be putting 110% behind Klopp. Jürgen himself said 'this is my team' as a way to emphasise that it is his responsibility now. But personally, I don't think it is his ideal squad - when thicko pundits like Danny Murphy sneer and say 'this is his team' on Match of the Day, he - because he barely has one brain cell - thinks that we will automatically become Dortmund. Paul Tomkins put it perfectly by saying that a few folk actually think having Klopp at this time now means we will automatically turn into Dortmund. If only it were that simple - anything more complicated is obviously too much to comprehend for tw*ts like Murphy.

It took him a few years to build his ideal team at Dortmund, and it showed. I realise that some folk say 'anything less than winning the league is a failure' - well if it was that easy, then Klopp really must be a fraud who knows less about football than us couch potatoes. Progress isn't a simple upward curve (Burnley), and it never will be - but we have undoubtedly been making progress under Klopp (4 points - deserved 6 in all honesty - from the 2nd and 3rd placed teams at grounds that were notoriously difficult is progress).

We have our best manager in years. The best since Rafa. He's better than Hodgson (obviously...), he's better than Dalglish and he's better than Rodgers. That's a fact. We won't get anyone better - a proven world class coach. So I do preempt this post in the expectation that some idiots on twitter will want him gone by the end of the season because, for example, we're not in the Champions League. I don't think we'll be like Dortmund this year, but I do believe that we can become like Dortmund.

There's always going to be questions over manager's decisions - I personally am not comfortable with putting Sakho on the loan list for example - but then again, I'm not a Bundesliga winner with what was previously a basket case of a club. I'm all for giving the manager as much time as he needs - his past record gives him a right for fans patience. He's not a bullshitter, doesn't make excuses and says it like it is. He's shown himself to be completely honest about situations, even being brutally honest about himself, and as long as he believes he can do it, then who are we to doubt him?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #20685: Aug 30, 2016 09:36:40 am
      John W Henry's infamous PR 'Letter to Liverpool Fans' (the one where he took fans for mugs) has been removed from the official site - his own words ["not about profit"... "we want to win"] used against him too often?

As bullshit goes FSG's is right up there with H & G's "Spade in the ground in 30 days"... Tom Werner - "We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support... we prefer stability"; Tom Werner - "I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football" and John W Henry - "We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best"

As one of their forefathers said - "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time."  ;)

+10
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #20686: Aug 30, 2016 11:55:22 am
      John W Henry's infamous PR 'Letter to Liverpool Fans' (the one where he took fans for mugs) has been removed from the official site - his own words ["not about profit"... "we want to win"] used against him too often?

As bullshit goes FSG's is right up there with H & G's "Spade in the ground in 30 days"... Tom Werner - "We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support... we prefer stability"; Tom Werner - "I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football" and John W Henry - "We have no fear of spending and competing with the very best"

As one of their forefathers said - "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but you cannot fool all the people all the time."  ;)

Bullshitters extraordinaire mate, they're fooling nobody.
      A revealing indicator would be an opinion poll at the extended Anfield of overall satisfaction with FSG, the bricks and mortar aspect would doubtfully be considered being as it is the only perceived improvement in the club's fortunes in the six years of FSG's tenure - achieved of course with a loan from the owners!

The vast majority will not be fooled again.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #20687: Aug 30, 2016 05:24:36 pm

Would have plussed u but seven is quite sufficient I feel  :)about as spot on as it gets which is quite fckin depressing tbh , top post though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #20688: Aug 30, 2016 05:38:56 pm
      Would have plussed u but seven is quite sufficient I feel  :)about as spot on as it gets which is quite fckin depressing tbh , top post though.

It's 8 now Andy and as you say the facts stated are only the truth, the cold sobering truth which a good number are waking up to.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #20689: Aug 30, 2016 05:43:31 pm
      I think the times of protest might be coming back, these owners are hopeless and taking us nowhere. How they got Klopp to manage the club and sing from their no spend hymn sheet is beyond me
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20690: Aug 30, 2016 05:58:41 pm
      I think the times of protest might be coming back, these owners are hopeless and taking us nowhere. How they got Klopp to manage the club and sing from their no spend hymn sheet is beyond me

They also got him to sign a new six year contract less than a year after joining us.
      Funny that.
      Must mean Klopp is deluded and being "hoodwinked" and that the armchair experts are right again.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20691: Aug 30, 2016 06:00:29 pm

It's such a waste mate. People might think it is premature or hyperbole but it's my opinion that we are wasting our opportunity with Klopp.

His idea or just making the best of it I have no idea but we aren't ever, ever ever going to land a title without significant investment. Even that just puts us in contention but at the moment we're not even in the race.

People can say whatever they want but I would bet any money the top 3 teams this season will be the biggest spenders of United, City, Chelsea in whichever order you like.

Leaving us to fight for the last champions league spot with Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester and perhaps the blue sh*te.

When Klopp leaves and we have Eddie Howe at the helm in 5 years time, people might realise just what a terrible waste it all was.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2016 06:12:43 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20692: Aug 31, 2016 12:53:57 am
      Anyone think they appointed Klopp because he's a really really good manager?

Don't get the FSG hate at all. Best owners of the club in my lifetime by a country mile.

New stand, boss manager, millions spent, millions coming in (which is important too), clear vision for the club, listened to the fans about ticket prices.

I would hedge a bet that most people complaining also hate their boss at work. Seems to be a real authority problem on here for some.

I like the owners. Come at me.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #20693: Aug 31, 2016 02:59:56 am

Don't get the FSG hate at all. Best owners of the club in my lifetime by a country mile.

New stand, boss manager, millions spent, millions coming in (which is important too), clear vision for the club, listened to the fans about ticket prices.

I would hedge a bet that most people complaining also hate their boss at work. Seems to be a real authority problem on here for some.

People don't like to see the club being run as a proper business for once. For some, it's disrespectful to the origins. And if we want to be a club that is run poorly and has no money, isn't profitable, and isn't run properly than that's fine. But as far as I'm concerned, them trying to bring up the overall value of the club will lead to great things.

It's a growth process. We shouldn't forget that we went from debt-ridden, unprofitable, and a third of the value in less than 6 years. We've now got a renovated stadium, an improved squad, a fantastic manager, a much better international presence and awareness, a great administrative system, and we're one of the most profitable clubs in the world and one of the most valuable sports franchises once again.

As we continue through the process, I'm sure that the rest will fall into place. For now, we've got trimmed profits and maybe not as many transfers as we'd like, but our world class manager has come out specifically and said that's on him, not them whatsoever. A world class manager who literally could go wherever he'd want would never say that if it wasn't the case. To me, there's much more pride, honor, and real sweetness when you win in doing things this way than injecting a billion dollars into the club out of thin air. And if we didn't do this or have these owners, things would have either been done that way or we still would've been in the sh*t situation we'd been in.

Say what you want about their tactics and their press releases and yes early on some of their work was cringeworthy, but it was part of a learning curve for them and also part of the club's overall rebuilding process.

I like the owners too, same as I like our manager and his staff, and a good amount of our squad right now.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20694: Aug 31, 2016 05:50:15 am
      People don't like to see the club being run as a proper business for once. For some, it's disrespectful to the origins. And if we want to be a club that is run poorly and has no money, isn't profitable, and isn't run properly than that's fine. But as far as I'm concerned, them trying to bring up the overall value of the club will lead to great things.

It's a growth process. We shouldn't forget that we went from debt-ridden, unprofitable, and a third of the value in less than 6 years. We've now got a renovated stadium, an improved squad, a fantastic manager, a much better international presence and awareness, a great administrative system, and we're one of the most profitable clubs in the world and one of the most valuable sports franchises once again.

As we continue through the process, I'm sure that the rest will fall into place. For now, we've got trimmed profits and maybe not as many transfers as we'd like, but our world class manager has come out specifically and said that's on him, not them whatsoever. A world class manager who literally could go wherever he'd want would never say that if it wasn't the case. To me, there's much more pride, honor, and real sweetness when you win in doing things this way than injecting a billion dollars into the club out of thin air. And if we didn't do this or have these owners, things would have either been done that way or we still would've been in the sh*t situation we'd been in.

Say what you want about their tactics and their press releases and yes early on some of their work was cringeworthy, but it was part of a learning curve for them and also part of the club's overall rebuilding process.

I like the owners too, same as I like our manager and his staff, and a good amount of our squad right now.

Increasing the value of the club dis not put trophies in the cabinet, How did Man city and Chelsea manage to increase the value of their clubs while still bringing home the cups? They had owners that were prepared to put their money where their mouth was, unlike those liars in charge of us.

They are not good owners, they did not save us, they don't care about on field success, they simply want the best return on their investment.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20695: Aug 31, 2016 05:56:22 am

You like the owners, fair enough, I want more from them than just doing the bare minimum I would expect from anyone in charge of the club, and I mean the bare minimum.
      If 1 trophy in 5 seasons is acceptable to you, then your expectations have well and truly been dumbed down.
      How long are you prepared to watch the clubs value increase, while or  Co efficient ranking falls?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20696: Aug 31, 2016 07:18:46 am

Got your back on this.

+ 1

As we continue through the process, I'm sure that the rest will fall into place.

For now, we've got trimmed profits and maybe not as many transfers as we'd like, but our world class manager has come out specifically and said that's on him, not them whatsoever. A world class manager who literally could go wherever he'd want would never say that if it wasn't the case.

To me, there's much more pride, honor, and real sweetness when you win in doing things this way than injecting a billion dollars into the club out of thin air. And if we didn't do this or have these owners, things would have either been done that way or we still would've been in the sh*t situation we'd been in.

+1  this too.
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2016 07:29:10 am by MIRO »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20697: Aug 31, 2016 07:21:11 am
      You like the owners, fair enough, I want more from them than just doing the bare minimum I would expect from anyone in charge of the club, and I mean the bare minimum.
      If 1 trophy in 5 seasons is acceptable to you, then your expectations have well and truly been dumbed down.
      How long are you prepared to watch the clubs value increase, while or  Co efficient ranking falls?

I don't think the owners are to blame for one trophy in 5 years at all. Does Moores get any credit for what we won in his time here? Not really. So if we're not going to give the incumbent owners any credit for the things we win under their tenure then it's not really fair we bash them for the things we don't win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20698: Aug 31, 2016 09:55:24 am
      I don't think the owners are to blame for one trophy in 5 years at all. Does Moores get any credit for what we won in his time here? Not really. So if we're not going to give the incumbent owners any credit for the things we win under their tenure then it's not really fair we bash them for the things we don't win.

They would get credit if we won trophies of course they would. The tone and vision for the club is set from the top. At the moment that seems to be to get by doing the minimum possible before they can cash in on the club.

If the Chinese bought us out right i'm guessing you would see a bit more urgency to challenge for the top honours and the immediate end of the small wage/small experience transfer policy these jokers have brought to the club. Add to that a less willing attitude to lose our best players to other clubs, in fact most of them wouldn't ever want to leave.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20699: Aug 31, 2016 10:13:44 am

I'll put it this way, Roman deserve some credit for Chelsea's success? Or Sheikh Monsour for City? Of course!
      If either of those guys were in charge of us we'd be challenging regularly for the major honours.

Quick Reply