Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2793114 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22448: May 22, 2017 07:37:32 pm
      Funny I look at it differently... They will tell Klopp "See it is possible to do it our way", so it will be once again,Champions league football on 10-20 mill net spend with a relatively small squad and wage bill...

We barely crossed the line with a relatively small squad without the extra European games and knocked out the cups early, our early season form was obliterated by injuries/Afcon and a distinct lack of quality to fill in when needed, They'll spend and 'beef' up the squad, but if we don't qualify the following season they'll trim the squad/wage bill.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22449: May 22, 2017 09:59:44 pm
      If we flog Sakho. Lovren, Moreno, Origi, Markovic, Flannagan, Stewart, Bogdan, Randall, Brannagan and Dunn we would get well over 100m+wages just from getting rid of underperforming and players we don't use. Add another 20 as you said... I'd be satisfied with 120m worth of talent coming in to replace players on the bench and on loan.
      Thing is there is a difference between talent and Quality, unfortunately £120m only gets you two maybe three real quality players nowadays  :depressed:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22450: May 22, 2017 10:01:39 pm
      We barely crossed the line with a relatively small squad without the extra European games and knocked out the cups early, our early season form was obliterated by injuries/Afcon and a distinct lack of quality to fill in when needed, They'll spend and 'beef' up the squad, but if we don't qualify the following season they'll trim the squad/wage bill.
      You maybe right there
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4419 
      Reply #22451: May 22, 2017 10:02:44 pm
      Thing is there is a difference between talent and Quality, unfortunately £120m only gets you two maybe three real quality players nowadays  :depressed:

Only if you buy from the over rated EPL.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #22452: May 22, 2017 10:23:29 pm
      I said 100m+wages which means 100m additional to wages. The + sign indicates that.
      List of operators here;

+ add
      - subtract
      * multiple
      / divide

I thought it might help you since it seemed you were unfamiliar with +.

I see. Here we use spaces between words and symbols, like "100m + wages" rather than "100m+wages" so I'll plead guilty for not catching on to your presentation. I honestly do not know what I've done to draw your ire today. It's not my intention. Still not sure those players bring that much in transfers.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #22453: May 22, 2017 11:35:10 pm
      I see. Here we use spaces between words and symbols, like "100m + wages" rather than "100m+wages" so I'll plead guilty for not catching on to your presentation. I honestly do not know what I've done to draw your ire today. It's not my intention. Still not sure those players bring that much in transfers.
      you said you weren't sure on math after i put a plus sign. Nothing about ire.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #22454: May 23, 2017 12:28:49 am
      Get in the Champions League.

Sell Coutinho for 'profit'.

FSG logic.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #22455: May 23, 2017 12:32:13 am
      Get in the Champions League.

Sell Coutinho for 'profit'.

FSG logic.

It wouldn't be the first time they'd do it :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,421 posts | 6420 
      Reply #22456: May 23, 2017 12:55:59 am
      At least three of these people look happy, of course JWH is thinking about the money he's going to be forced to spend, so he doesn't look so  much so.

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #22457: May 23, 2017 01:05:27 am
      At least three of these people look happy, of course JWH is thinking about the money he's going to be forced to spend, so he doesn't look so  much so.

'What have you done Jürgen..I'm running out of excuses for not spending'
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22458: May 23, 2017 10:36:22 am
      There should be a competition to find the best caption
      above JWH, this is mine.....

'You got no chance pal, she's mine,go anywhere near her, I've got a nice brown envelope with your name on it'?

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22459: May 23, 2017 11:21:23 am
      I wonder if people will give credit to FSG if they do go out and spend £100 million?

I've always said this window coming is the big one, for me it will be make or break in terms of my opinion of them. I will be giving credit and critisism where it due this summer and I hope everyone has that attitude.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22460: May 23, 2017 11:45:15 am
      I wonder if people will give credit to FSG if they do go out and spend £100 million?

I've always said this window coming is the big one, for me it will be make or break in terms of my opinion of them. I will be giving credit and critisism where it due this summer and I hope everyone has that attitude.

It's way way overdue imo, in particular last summer where had they said to Jürgen here ya go mate, here's the dollars to bring in who you want?  Perhaps just maybe we could have been celebrating more than just a CL spot,

We'll never know, but after almost 8 f***in yrs they'd be best advised they don't drag their feet this summer,

There is talk we have a warchest of over £100m you could add another £50m to that when you factor in TV money and whatnot,

You are right tho Crouchy, this summer is pivotal for them, we'll know by August where their ambitions are.

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22461: May 23, 2017 11:45:39 am
      Their decision to bring in Tony Barrett to improve fan engagement and relations shows how serious they are and should be commended.

A manager who knows what he's doing and has a clear direction will also help capitalise on CL qualification unlike last time.

Good times ahead 👍🏻

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22462: May 23, 2017 12:32:45 pm

Good Post .

I have had no criticism of them to date although I have recognised and acknowledged the existence of "potential" undercurrents and motivations.

They have.

1 Bought the club and saved us from administration.

2 Seen off Hansel and Gretel in subsequent court actions.

3 Put misplaced faith in putting serious money on the transfer table a lot of which was wasted.

4 Started planning for new stadium/stand from the beginning of their ownership.

5 Recognised the error of a rookie manager and dispensed with his services.

6 Bought in Klopp and his team ....... the one we wanted.

7 In doing so got us back into the Champions League although it was a close run thing.

8 Got the stand built and planning for further development.

Not many clubs can show that sort of forward movement over seven years ... only perhaps the Spuds as the exception.

The Scum were allowed by Rick "The Briefcase" Parry and Moores to pull away from us on the commercial front but without stooping (like the Scum) to selling everything including the tea lady's trolley for advertising sponsorship , I can see that the revenue side from that area will not be long in coming in and catching up.
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2017 12:37:47 pm by MIRO »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #22463: May 23, 2017 12:36:01 pm

I'm not sure if they deserve credit if they do that Mags as that is probably what we all expect them to do this summer.

For me I'm not so much interested in the amount we spend but on the quality of the additions and if we are equipped for the season ahead.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22464: May 23, 2017 12:43:40 pm

or Pogba and his agent .
       ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22465: May 23, 2017 12:47:17 pm

Sorry, but any man who looked beyond Linda's knockers has serious issues...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22466: May 23, 2017 12:50:26 pm
      Sorry, but any man who looked beyond Linda's knockers has serious issues...

Ever seen her Twitter account it's always full of her knockers
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #22467: May 23, 2017 02:17:31 pm

John Henry thinking "Keep away from my bird you maniac German or you get £1m for transfer budget".
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #22468: May 23, 2017 02:21:45 pm

Not really. It depends where and who you buy? You can get really good 4 £30m players. We got Mane for £30 remember. We should not be buying a name (like the way Scum do) but right player who may be £35 instead of £89m where £42m goes to the player's agent. Klopp may buy a name but rest may not be BIG names.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #22469: May 23, 2017 05:45:56 pm

More like " f***in knew my missus fancies him "
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #22470: May 23, 2017 10:21:35 pm
      Forget Linda, it's clearly Tom Werner who fancies him.

Quick Reply