Trending Topics

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2803561 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22586: Jun 08, 2017 04:42:21 pm
      I'm not opposed to big money, I am opposed to overpaying. VvD at 70 million or Salah at 40 I'd have closed negotiations.

Thinking VvD is the only player to sure up our defence is narrow thinking. Same for Salah, in fact I don't think Salah improves the first 11 at all.

So far the people brought in under Koop have been mostly a success so I'm keeping patient.

Same here.
      As usual the sky is falling in because we haven't signed player X, even though the transfer window isn't even open yet.

Like you, I'm content to wait and see, and F**k all this silly posturing and bullshit media stories.

I'd rather have the days of checking Ceefax back.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,625 posts | 760 
      Reply #22587: Jun 08, 2017 04:46:56 pm
      Brendan tried to warn us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22588: Jun 08, 2017 05:02:21 pm

By being a yes man?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #22589: Jun 08, 2017 05:24:33 pm
      Same here.
      As usual the sky is falling in because we haven't signed player X, even though the transfer window isn't even open yet.

Like you, I'm content to wait and see, and f**k all this silly posturing and bullshit media stories.

The problem for me isn't who we get and weather they are people I like. It's that it is obvious that Klopp wants VVD and yet someone at the club cocked it up. Which appears to be a recurring issue with us.

And if you don't care about all of the transfer saga, why do you have to make a point of telling everyone you don't care?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22590: Jun 08, 2017 06:15:05 pm
      So please name a CB better than Van Dijk for less money and a winger better than Salah for less money?

It's not about 'less' money. It's about investing smart money and not being held to ransom over players. We don't have a bottomless pit of money like other clubs so we can't blow it all on someone just because we want them.

I couldn't tell you who'd be 'better' than VvD or Salah, I'm not in that position, luckily we have a manager who does know who'll fit the team and who won't. If we bring in Salah after all, I'll trust the move but I am put off from his time at Chelsea and I don't think a good record in Italy is much to boast about anymore.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22591: Jun 08, 2017 06:27:36 pm
      The problem for me isn't who we get and weather they are people I like. It's that it is obvious that Klopp wants VVD and yet someone at the club cocked it up. Which appears to be a recurring issue with us.

And if you don't care about all of the transfer saga, why do you have to make a point of telling everyone you don't care?

Why do you keep pointing out what other people are posting?
      You're not a mod, so it's really none of your business.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #22592: Jun 08, 2017 07:18:36 pm
      It's not about 'less' money. It's about investing smart money and not being held to ransom over players. We don't have a bottomless pit of money like other clubs so we can't blow it all on someone just because we want them.

I couldn't tell you who'd be 'better' than VvD or Salah, I'm not in that position, luckily we have a manager who does know who'll fit the team and who won't. If we bring in Salah after all, I'll trust the move but I am put off from his time at Chelsea and I don't think a good record in Italy is much to boast about anymore.

Fair enough mate but VVD and Salah are Klopps first choice targets.

And we supposedly have £150 plus million to spend.

Sure we could sign 15 average players for that like under Rodgers tenure.

But I would much rather we spend it on 4 or 5 of Klopps first choices.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22593: Jun 08, 2017 08:01:14 pm
      Fair enough mate but VVD and Salah are Klopps first choice targets.

And we supposedly have £150 plus million to spend.

Sure we could sign 15 average players for that like under Rodgers tenure.

But I would much rather we spend it on 4 or 5 of Klopps first choices.

The issue with that is if VVD was 70 million and Keita was 50....your buying 2 good ones and 2-3 sh*te ones to get 4-5.

Either way we do need at least 1-2 guys that will displace current starters...that is the level we should be reaching for.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22594: Jun 08, 2017 08:15:11 pm
      Yep, the transfer window isn't open yet, so let's wait! We've waited 7 years after all, so a couple more months won't matter. I'm certain this is the season FSG will finally put the club before themselves,  👍 and if they don't do it this summer, sure we can always wait until January, or next summer or the summer after that.......
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22595: Jun 08, 2017 08:59:11 pm
      I'm not opposed to big money, I am opposed to overpaying. VvD at 70 million or Salah at 40 I'd have closed negotiations.

Thinking VvD is the only player to sure up our defence is narrow thinking.
      Same for Salah, in fact I don't think Salah improves the first 11 at all. (Agreed)

So far the people brought in under Klopp (Fixed) have been mostly a success so I'm keeping patient.

Same here.

Like you, I'm content to wait and see, and f**k all this silly posturing and bullshit media stories.

All agreed.

Same here.

BTW   

How much was Solanke again?     

How much was Luis ?   

What happened to the Liverpool Way ?
      Going about our business quietly and confidentially.

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2017 09:05:23 pm by MIRO »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22596: Jun 08, 2017 09:01:25 pm
      Yep, the transfer window isn't open yet, so let's wait! We've waited 7 years after all, so a couple more months won't matter. I'm certain this is the season FSG will finally put the club before themselves,  👍 and if they don't do it this summer, sure we can always wait until January, or next summer or the summer after that.......

I don't even read the situation as them putting themselves before the club, it's just plain incompetence. Window after window there is something that they mess up. We're all focusing on Van Dyke but look at Salah as another example of another missed opportunity. We've spoken to the player, briefed the world's press he wants to come to us, agreed terms but we haven't even had a bid accepted yet so Roma won't have given us permission to speak to the player. We claim we won't be held to ransom but its a sellers market to the Premier League right now and if we want the deal done, we need to put a realistic bid in.

And therein lies the problem. Since FSG took over, we seem to operate under a policy of selling the club to the player, getting them interested and then doing goodness knows what rather than putting a bid in, only for someone else to come in and put a bid in and get the business done quickly. The moment Van Dyke affirmed his interest in joining us, we should have been on the blower to Southampton with our initial bid, not breifing the press in a vain attempt tumpet our success before we'd even achieved it.

It's this incompetancy that's the problem. We've now effectively left Van Dyke high and dry. We're also looking like leaving Salah high and dry - again. If you're a player looking to move, or an agent advising your player, you're not going to recommend Liverpool because we never get the business done and you end up burning your bridges with your present club. The incompetancy not only costs us players but potentially will put off others in the future. Someone's head has to roll over this, preferably Edwards and a properly recognised and experienced Director of Football brought in from another club. One who has existing relationships with other clubs and agents, rather than some glorified scout with an unhealthy obsession with Championship Manager. For the good of the club, the biggest statement needing to be made this Summer is one that says incompetency will no longer be tollerated.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22597: Jun 08, 2017 09:02:00 pm

I don't even read the situation as them putting themselves before the club, it's just plain incompetence. Window after window there is something that they mess up. We're all focusing on Van Dyke but look at Salah as another example of another missed opportunity. We've spoken to the player, briefed the world's press he wants to come to us, agreed terms but we haven't even had a bid accepted yet so Roma won't have given us permission to speak to the player. We claim we won't be held to ransom but its a sellers market to the Premier League right now and if we want the deal done, we need to put a realistic bid in.

And therein lies the problem. Since FSG took over, we seem to operate under a policy of selling the club to the player, getting them interested and then doing goodness knows what rather than putting a bid in, only for someone else to come in and put a bid in and get the business done quickly. The moment Van Dyke affirmed his interest in joining us, we should have been on the blower to Southampton with our initial bid, not breifing the press in a vain attempt tumpet our success before we'd even achieved it.

It's this incompetancy that's the problem. We've now effectively left Van Dyke high and dry. We're also looking like leaving Salah high and dry - again. If you're a player looking to move, or an agent advising your player, you're not going to recommend Liverpool because we never get the business done and you end up burning your bridges with your present club. The incompetancy not only costs us players but potentially will put off others in the future. Someone's head has to roll over this, preferably Edwards and a properly recognised and experienced Director of Football brought in from another club. One who has existing relationships with other clubs and agents, rather than some glorified scout with an unhealthy obsession with Championship Manager. For the good of the club, the biggest statement needing to be made this Summer is one that says incompetency will no longer be tollerated.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #22598: Jun 08, 2017 10:18:07 pm
      Why do you keep pointing out what other people are posting?
      You're not a mod, so it's really none of your business.

Oh it is my business as soon as you hit enter. You don't like me commenting on it then go somewhere else where everyone worships you.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22599: Jun 10, 2017 07:13:20 am
      Full of

Shit

Group

Useless cu*ts. Sick of all their bullshit. Tight arse bas**rds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22600: Jun 10, 2017 08:20:55 am
      Full of

Shit

Group

Useless cu*ts. Sick of all their bullshit. Tight arse bas**rds.

You are far too kind to them Ian,I didn't  think they were that nice.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #22601: Jun 10, 2017 08:42:46 am
      You are far too kind to them Ian,I didn't  think they were that nice.

Cheers Billy mate, yeah unfortunatley they're not called FSC!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2017 08:53:16 am by AussieRed »
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #22602: Jun 10, 2017 04:17:30 pm
      We'll never truly be competitive for top honours under the way they're currently working. Bargain bin hunters who don't want to shell out. Cant even think about building an extra tier on the Anny Rd without raising ticket prices so WE pay for it.

Sooner they're gone the better. Don't think they've got many supporters left. Hopefully they go before Jürgen does.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22603: Jun 10, 2017 07:13:05 pm
      Cheers Billy mate, yeah unfortunatley they're not called FSC!!!

Doesn't meant we can't call them that.

cu*ts
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22604: Jun 11, 2017 12:21:16 am
      All agreed.

Same here.

BTW   

How much was Solanke again?     

How much was Luis ?   

What happened to the Liverpool Way ?
      Going about our business quietly and confidentially.

Better ask FSG that MIRO.

Quietly you say, glad Southampton didn't hear about us tapping their star CB up.

Confidently you say, well, it's been 7 years or so at the club and they've yet to still instil confidence in their mishandling/low-balling of transfers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #22605: Jun 11, 2017 01:40:59 am

Journalists clearing out the lists of Liverpool's rumoured transfer targets at the end of the summer...

https://www.facebook.com/empireofthekop/videos/10155273808116132/
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22606: Jun 11, 2017 11:16:34 am
      Imagine you've got a bloke down your street (honest John) who makes a very good living out of buying 2nd hand cars on the cheap and selling them on for a profit. He's proud of it too, tells everyone down the pub.

Now when you're selling your reliant Robin and aren't really sure what it's worth, you're naturally a little nervous when honest John offers you 3K in cash. You tell him you want 8K "minimum". Much haggling ensues, before your next door neighbour (Mr Mohammud) offers you 5K. Honest John now says he'll beat the other offer by the price of a packet of Hoola Hoops. He also tells you he'll pay 3K up front, followed by £500 for every 50,000 miles driven. So who you gonna sell the car to?

My guess is Mr Mohammuds days of getting the bus into work are over. Welcome to the FSG world of transfers.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22607: Jun 11, 2017 11:35:59 am
      Imagine you've got a bloke down your street (honest John) who makes a very good living out of buying 2nd hand cars on the cheap and selling them on for a profit. He's proud of it too, tells everyone down the pub.

Now when you're selling your reliant Robin and aren't really sure what it's worth, you're naturally a little nervous when honest John offers you 3K in cash. You tell him you want 8K "minimum". Much haggling ensues, before your next door neighbour (Mr Mohammud) offers you 5K. Honest John now says he'll beat the other offer by the price of a packet of Hoola Hoops. He also tells you he'll pay 3K up front, followed by £500 for every 50,000 miles driven. So who you gonna sell the car to?

My guess is Mr Mohammuds days of getting the bus into work are over. Welcome to the FSG world of transfers.
      :lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22608: Jun 11, 2017 12:58:35 pm
      Imagine you've got a bloke down your street (honest John) who makes a very good living out of buying 2nd hand cars on the cheap and selling them on for a profit.

That will be me mate.

Much haggling ensues, before your next door neighbour (Mr Mohammud) offers you 5K.

Unrealistic scenario, Mr Mohammud would turn up in a Toyota Corrolla seating 5 but 7 or 8 will pile out of it, they'd swarm round the car like flies round sh*te, pick out every minute mark/stone chip etc to be followed by 'my friend, my friend, what is the last price?, my friend what is your very best price?', after you've already gave them your best price over the phone before they came to view.

If you're really unlucky one or two may distract you whilst another pours oil in your water to make it appear your head gasket has gone.

Welcome to my world...

Quick Reply