Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2772148 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 745 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22862: Aug 13, 2017 04:12:16 am
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #22863: Aug 13, 2017 06:12:59 am
      7 years and we are still making the same 'mistakes' in the transfer market.

I put mistakes in inverted commas because it's difficult to actually call it a mistake when it's part of the system they have implemented.

We will never compete under this lot aside from the odd season. Time to F**k off.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,526 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22864: Aug 13, 2017 10:01:47 am
      This transfer window was the one that will begin and end with NO MORE EXCUSES. Period. Do not tell me we don't have money to spend

For whatever reason, FSG are utterly incompetent in transfer dealings and it is hurting our club massively. We have Jürgen Klopp as our manager. If he can't get FSG to buy the players he wants, who will? Eddie Howe? Diego Simone?

Unless we land VvD in the next 18 days, they need to go. We need owners who want to win things on the pitch not dazzle us with our first sleeve sponsor. They don't have to be billionaire Chinese either, just someone who recognises football is about playing football, and can finance two top class additions to the team every summer transfer window.

I started this thread with so much optimism, and I'd love to be the one to end it too.

Know what I did yesterday before kick off? I went for a long walk. Yup, I didn't want to watch the game against Watford because it seemed to me that 'a' we can't land our first choice targets and 'b' we can't keep hold of our best players. I was utterly disillusioned and never ever thought I would see the day when I did not want to watch us play a game. It's gotten that bad; FSG are sucking the footballing life out of me.

Where's the money gone? TV deal takes care of most if not all the stadium renovations, and wasn't that financed via FSG loaning us the money anyway?

Tomorrow I cancel my LFCTV subscription, it's all I can do but there you go.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 10:13:51 am by Rush »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #22865: Aug 13, 2017 10:15:56 am
      I went for a long walk. Yup, I didn't want to watch the game against Watford because it seemed to me that 'a' we can't land our first choice targets and 'b' we can't keep hold of our best players.

Mate I honestly think it's all smoke and mirrors and really is just a big F***ing fabricated lie.

How the F**k can we be the only team in the world who hasn't landed just one (not even multiple) just F***ing one solitary main primary big money target?

Surely the law of averages means one should arrive but no, every single one of ours are always out of reach.

Every other club have signed multiple first choice targets how the F**k can't we sign one.

FSG are just a gang of excellent actors playing out the same shitty performance every single transfer window.

They need to just F**k off sharpish because things are going to turn nasty soon.

F***ing pieces of sh*t the lot of them.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,526 posts | 1515 
      Reply #22866: Aug 13, 2017 10:48:40 am
      How the F**k can we be the only team in the world who hasn't landed just one (not even multiple) just F***ing one solitary main primary big money target?

Surely the law of averages means one should arrive but no, every single one of ours are always out of reach.

Every other club have signed multiple first choice targets how the F**k can't we sign one.
      This

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #22867: Aug 13, 2017 12:31:46 pm
      Only way leave people fans walk out games or stop going then their sell up
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #22868: Aug 13, 2017 12:51:21 pm
      F****n FSG !! My bins havn't been emptied for 2 weeks now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22869: Aug 13, 2017 03:54:32 pm

Go and dump them in Michael Edwards office mate, he'll claim they're like a new signing :D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22870: Aug 13, 2017 04:09:08 pm
      Well if FSG are in charge of your bin collection, then it's likely they sold all your best bin men, and replaced them with lazier cheaper bin men 👍
      Kopite78
      Reply #22871: Aug 13, 2017 04:19:14 pm
      Well if FSG are in charge of your bin collection, then it's likely they sold all your best bin men, and replaced them with lazier cheaper bin men 👍

I'd imagine they'd be very efficient at getting them emptied, they'd probably send a lovely letter to you about how they will improve the service, that they can compete with any other council, that they understand the refuse industry and they are here to become the best and compete with the richer independent refuse companies...

It's just when you need a new bin, they will promise you one, but not actually get it to you, then send you another letter saying that it won't happen again, just make do with the bin you have for now even though you are paying a higher council tax, the one with one wheel and that has a dodgy lid will get you through... Only to let you down again and again and eventually sending you advice that maybe you could use some old carrier bags that are under your sink..
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #22872: Aug 13, 2017 04:21:12 pm
      People talk is if FSG is on the way out. This is their team. There isn't much players, Klopp, or us can do about it. It sucks, but it's the truth.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22873: Aug 13, 2017 05:56:02 pm
      Genuine question to both the fenway fanboys and the fenway haters.

Are they small fry in terms of wealth in comparison to that of the owners/investors of our rivals?

Another question, how are their other sport ventures going? Is their silly boys rounders team doing any good or are they struggling to hit the ball?

If they genuinely are not that rich in comparison the competition  and therefore less inclined to spend, until they sell to somebody who is our chances of regular success is statistically very slim.

We can do the plucky underdog act if we box clever but there is a ceiling to how far that will get you.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017 06:00:39 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,526 posts | 1515 
      Reply #22874: Aug 13, 2017 06:11:16 pm
      I don't think they're in the same ball park as the Manchester owners or Chelsea. That said, I'm not sure they're in the same ball park as the Everton owners the way we conduct ourselves in the transfer market!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22875: Aug 13, 2017 06:15:57 pm
      I don't think they're in the same ball park as the Manchester owners or Chelsea. That said, I'm not sure they're in the same ball park as the Everton owners the way we conduct ourselves in the transfer market!

In terms of the way we conduct ourselves in the transfer market, I think they're in the ball park somewhere between Eboneezer Scrooge and Krusty the Clown.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22876: Aug 13, 2017 07:01:20 pm
      In terms of the way we conduct ourselves in the transfer market, I think they're in the ball park somewhere between Eboneezer Scrooge and Krusty the Clown.

Haha thats the thing you see. I think we are operating on a similar level to a Spurs, Everton and West Ham etc...

Spurs seem to be doing a good job on their budget, but even they don't bring in the silverware.

In the end its the big spenders who take home the trophies on a consistent basis.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22877: Aug 13, 2017 07:51:30 pm
      In the end its the big spenders who take home the trophies on a consistent

I think Spurs is a good comparison.

Never myself been able to figure out why some deep pockets have not come in the past 7 years and made an offer to just blow FSG away and take over the club.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 1099 
      Reply #22878: Aug 13, 2017 08:03:52 pm
      Genuine question to both the fenway fanboys and the fenway haters.

Are they small fry in terms of wealth in comparison to that of the owners/investors of our rivals?

Another question, how are their other sport ventures going? Is their silly boys rounders team doing any good or are they struggling to hit the ball?

If they genuinely are not that rich in comparison the competition  and therefore less inclined to spend, until they sell to somebody who is our chances of regular success is statistically very slim.

We can do the plucky underdog act if we box clever but there is a ceiling to how far that will get you.

Fenway HATER here

They are in first place ATM and have one of the highest payrolls in all of baseball. Since the FSG takeover in the early 2000's they have won it all 3 times. Leading up to that period that hadn't won the world series in 89 years. Outside of the Yankees and Dodgers they spend better than anyone else. Like us their fan base is huge. They have been one of the best run programs since FSG took them over. Kind of crazy, right?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22879: Aug 13, 2017 08:07:50 pm
      Fenway HATER here

They are in first place ATM and have one of the highest payrolls in all of baseball. Since the FSG takeover in the early 2000's they have won it all 3 times. Leading up to that period that hadn't won the world series in 89 years. Outside of the Yankees and Dodgers they spend better than anyone else. Like us their fan base is huge. They have been one of the best run programs since FSG took them over. Kind of crazy, right?

Not really because baseball has a structure in place...you don't have transfer fees...you can sign players for 10 year contracts and then sell those contracts off if you need to. You have a luxury tax in place and the money is basically shared equally between clubs.

Every team has XXX money to play with and it's all in the way you set your team up, manage your contracts and do your scouting and deals; it's not much different than the NFL or NBA here..it's about as balanced as it gets...there is zero balance in world football.

Success in one sport in another country with a different set of rules does not translate.

The failures in sports over here are down to poor or inept ownership/management.

There are plenty of clubs in Europe that are neither inept or poorly managed but will never achieve success strictly down to being able to compete with the wealth that some clubs have.

Dortmund is a perfect example.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22880: Aug 13, 2017 09:33:36 pm
      Is the club still in debt?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #22881: Aug 13, 2017 09:47:04 pm

Oh boy Mags, please tell me you aren't going to hold that up as some sort of postive meant to console us from on the field success?

Aren't United in big debt? Do you think they care?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22882: Aug 13, 2017 09:50:30 pm
      Oh boy Mags, please tell me you aren't going to hold that up as some sort of postive meant to console us from on the field success?

Aren't United in big debt? Do you think they care?

Genuine question. Tried googling and am getting conflicting reports.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #22883: Aug 13, 2017 09:55:53 pm
      Genuine question. Tried googling and am getting conflicting reports.

Ahh, fair enough. I assume we still have dept in the form of the loan from FSG that we have to pay back, not sure if there is anything outside of that. Thought they wrote off our debt when they bought us. 
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22884: Aug 13, 2017 09:59:53 pm
      Ahh, fair enough. I assume we still have dept in the form of the loan from FSG that we have to pay back, not sure if there is anything outside of that. Thought they wrote off our debt when they bought us. 

I've been trying to go into more detail about the financial side of things to see just how much money we actually have to spend. I'm sure they have said they are not taking money out of the club, so I'm just trying to find out where it's going. If we still have debt, that would explain some of it but the figures I'm finding are conflicting and don't look all that reliable. Tired of reading about 'money to spend' as an arbitrary figure. Should be a way of finding out how much there is.

Quick Reply