Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2778577 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23184: Sep 01, 2017 06:05:41 pm
      I'd leave it. He's not smart enough to build an argument out of this.

Some people who hold this view can rationally say why they have this opinion. He's not got the cognitive function.
      I just think AZ is a...........
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23185: Sep 01, 2017 06:11:39 pm
      I'd leave it. He's not smart enough to build an argument out of this.

Some people who hold this view can rationally say why they have this opinion. He's not got the cognitive function.

Yep, been there, done that, made the mistake of engaging, then realised I was better off just not bothering.

So called "fans" who ignore everything the manager says in favour of pursuing their agenda, then claiming they "only want the best."
      We've got the best but they take no notice of him.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23186: Sep 01, 2017 06:14:07 pm
      Yep, been there, done that, made the mistake of engaging, then realised I was better off just not bothering.

So called "fans" who ignore everything the manager says in favour of pursuing their agenda, then claiming they "only want the best."
      We've got the best but they take no notice of him.

I said these same things in Klopp thread this time last year!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23187: Sep 01, 2017 06:21:29 pm
      I said these same things in Klopp thread this time last year!

Yeah, you've also said they (FSG) are taking money out of the club, that they are the same as H&G, and that they bid for players knowing they won't buy them as a PR exercise.

It's a load of sh*te.

Criticise for the right things by all means, they should be held up to the light once in a while, but yet again you're barking up the wrong tree.
      It was Klopp's decision not to buy another CB.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23188: Sep 01, 2017 06:30:47 pm
      Yeah, you've also said they (FSG) are taking money out of the club, that they are the same as H&G, and that they bid for players knowing they won't buy them as a PR exercise.

It's a load of sh*te.

Criticise for the right things by all means, they should be held up to the light once in a while, but yet again you're barking up the wrong tree.
      It was Klopp's decision not to buy another CB.

Your just trying to deflect from the real issue. This thread isn't about me.

It's about owners
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #23189: Sep 01, 2017 06:40:22 pm

Well.....to be fair......we did have a bunch of money left over after the transfer window closed....have to spend it on something :D

I'll see mahself out thanks!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

In all seriousness though, good on the club. That's the right kind of thing to do.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #23190: Sep 01, 2017 06:45:19 pm
      Shouldn't it be FFSG?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23191: Sep 01, 2017 07:00:04 pm
      Stop spouting sky bollocks, seven clean sheets in the last nine games, what a sh*t defence that is.

Sorry I didn't spot your post before

The clean sheet are good, we have good defenders but they are not good enough  overall they make to many mistakes.

We have played three games this season and our defending has already cost us 2 points.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #23192: Sep 01, 2017 07:09:04 pm
      Sorry I didn't spot your post before

The clean sheet are good, we have good defenders but they are not good enough  overall they make to many mistakes.

We have played three games this season and our defending has already cost us 2 points.

Sorry to but in mate but that's the fault of Klopp not the owners, it's Klopp picking team & tactics, if he was concerned as much as us regarding the defence he would have bought another CB as VVD looked out of reach & letting Sakho go, who still could had offered us cover during injuries..
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23193: Sep 01, 2017 07:27:17 pm
      Sorry to but in mate but that's the fault of Klopp not the owners, it's Klopp picking team & tactics, if he was concerned as much as us regarding the defence he would have bought another CB as VVD looked out of reach & letting Sakho go, who still could had offered us cover during injuries..
      And I have blamed him in his thread. (this time last year and more recently) I believe he takes some of the responsibility

But the failure to recruit players and sort the defence out has been going on from before he was here.

At some point the owners should know what they are doing and make sure there employee's do a good job
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #23194: Sep 01, 2017 07:29:20 pm
      And I have blamed him in his thread. (this time last year and more recently) I believe he takes some of the responsibility

But the failure to recruit players and sort the defence out has been going on from before he was here.

At some point the owners should know what they are doing and make sure there employee's do a good job

Which manager was responsible for the decline of our defence?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23195: Sep 01, 2017 07:34:24 pm
      Which manager was responsible for the decline of our defence?
      Brendan!
      Kopite78
      Reply #23196: Sep 01, 2017 07:36:49 pm

But we've kept 2 clean sheets in the league since..  We have won 4 out of 5 so far and were a last minute goal away from perfection so far.

The manager sets out his tactics... he's had two summers and a winter now and had has improved the squad to his style with the budget he has and can cope with the defence as he is a front foot attacking kind a guy...

Know what? I'd just try to enjoying if I were you, you might find being less of a moaning boring sh*te is better for you

I think this  manager is good enough to play any type of football, he's proven it over the course of just one season last year that we can blow teams away like the first half of the season or grind results like he did in the run in.

He probably enjoys the first half of the season  more than the second half and prefers his set up and approach to be like that. Get on board its more fun than slagging everything off

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23197: Sep 01, 2017 07:43:50 pm
      But we've kept 2 clean sheets in the league since..  We have won 4 out of 5 so far and were a last minute goal away from perfection so far.

The manager sets out his tactics... he's had two summers and a winter now and had has improved the squad to his style with the budget he has and can cope with the defence as he is a front foot attacking kind a guy...

Know what? I'd just try to enjoying if I were you, you might find being less of a moaning boring sh*te is better for you

I think this  manager is good enough to play any type of football, he's proven it over the course of just one season last year that we can blow teams away like the first half of the season or grind results like he did in the run in.

He probably enjoys the first half of the season  more than the second half and prefers his set up and approach to be like that. Get on board its more fun than slagging everything off

I'm on board - anyone who loves football can't help but be on board

But it isn't the forwards that win you the league.

It's the defence!

You build from the back  if anyone thinks we will win the league with our defence you are being neive
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,464 posts | 4591 
      Reply #23198: Sep 01, 2017 07:46:47 pm

You build from the back  if anyone thinks we will win the league with our defence you are being neive

No it's Klopp being neive, Boss is happy with what he has & let go, his decision, respect & enjoy the footy.

Kopite78
      Reply #23199: Sep 01, 2017 07:50:34 pm
      No it's Klopp being neive, Boss is happy with what he has & let go, his decision, respect & enjoy the footy.

He's not being naive Shabs don't talk sh*te

It's his approach and I'm fully behind him. Who says we can't win the league like this? We've never followed the F***ing crowd anyway why should we now.

I'm on board.. . But I'm actually on board
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23200: Sep 01, 2017 07:52:39 pm

As a football fan you can't help but love how we attack - but as Liverpool fan I know we need better defenders.

If we don't win big trophies our best players will leave and we will end up in a cycle
      Kopite78
      Reply #23201: Sep 01, 2017 07:57:19 pm
      As a football fan you can't help but love how we attack - but as Liverpool fan I know we need better defenders.

If we don't win big trophies our best players will leave and we will end up in a cycle

It's not the defenders it's the approach

Which I love like
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23202: Sep 01, 2017 07:58:11 pm
      Klopps style of football leaves spaces at the back and puts our defence under more pressure than most teams, I think you need to get used to the fact that we'll probably have to score one more than most teams to have a chance of winning the league.

That's just the Jürgen ride so if your hearts up to it, enjoy!

Yup...when we are on nobody can stop us....that being said our play style can leave us with some nervy 15 minute spells when the wheels fall off.

You take the good with the bad but then again every system has positives and negatives.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23203: Sep 01, 2017 08:02:40 pm
      Klopps style of football leaves spaces at the back and puts our defence under more pressure than most teams, I think you need to get used to the fact that we'll probably have to score one more than most teams to have a chance of winning the league.

That's just the Jürgen ride so if your hearts up to it, enjoy!

I get what you're saying

With our style of football the opposition will always have chances

But we give them chances though individual mistakes (The players aren't good enough) . They aren't getting chances due to our style of play
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23204: Sep 01, 2017 08:04:11 pm
      It's not the defenders it's the approach

Which I love like

You are wrong!

There are to many independent mistakes from defenders
      Kopite78
      Reply #23205: Sep 01, 2017 08:06:10 pm
      I get what you're saying

With our style of football the opposition will always have chances

But we give them chances though individual mistakes (The players aren't good enough) . They aren't getting chances due to our style of play

Name the individual mistakes.
      Apart from maybe the keeper, which all keepers make to one extent or another

Could you not interporate every goal from every team pretty much as an individual mistake if you're being pedantic

You are wrong!

There are to many independent mistakes from defenders

Go on

I can't be arsed to think
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23206: Sep 01, 2017 08:13:00 pm
      Name the individual mistakes.
      Apart from maybe the keeper, which all keepers make to one extent or another

Could you not interporate every goal from every team pretty much as an individual mistake if you're being pedantic

Go on

I can't be arsed to think
      It is possible I'm stuck in my ways believe we should build from the back and I have imagined more mistakes than there were 😉

Quick Reply