Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2790788 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23782: Jan 06, 2018 05:53:36 pm
      Paul Joyce also said we were signing Van Dijk and Lamar on deadline day in the summer! But I do believe it this time, my only worry is that we'll accept some "cash up front with performance add-ons" type deal.

And didn't that make it all look like we,  as a club, had them/done our best etc..

As I said, he gets his information leaked from the club.

You following, mate?
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #23783: Jan 06, 2018 07:17:42 pm
      FSG have turned us into a selling club

1 trophy during their ownership

Cannot believe Liverpool fans are happy to watch this club become so small time, really is a shame.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23784: Jan 06, 2018 07:25:41 pm
      Just as a reminder this article, not even one year ago:

Philippe Coutinho is hungry to finish his career as a Liverpool legend after re-signing with the Premier League club.
      Published 28 January 2017

Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho wants to be remembered as one of the club's greats after signing a five-year deal.

The Brazil international, 24, was linked with a move away from Anfield before committing his future to the Premier League club.

Coutinho, who joined in 2013, said he had set his sights on becoming one of the all-time Liverpool greats.

"I understand what Liverpool means. We can say [Kenny] Dalglish, [Ian] Rush, [Alan] Hansen, [Graeme] Souness, [Luis] Suarez, [Steven] Gerrard. I've been here quite a few years already, it's not like I am new. I understand," he told The Daily Mail.

"To have signed a new contract at this club, my goal is to be thought of one day in the same way as these players. They are legends. You define the success of a player by his loyalty or his titles. Or both. In order to be part of this group, I have so much to do.

"I want to win titles. Five years is my new contract... it gives me that opportunity."

Coutinho had made a stunning start to the season, and has five goals and as many assists in 15 league games, before suffering an ankle injury.

Previously linked to Barca, the playmaker said he believed in Liverpool's chances of once more competing with the world's best.

"I believe in finding somewhere you can express yourself, play without fear, play with everything you have. When you find that place, stay. This club, Liverpool, it has a plan. To be back on the top and that's what I believe in. I want to be part of that," Coutinho said.

"From the owner, the manager, my team-mates. There is nothing that stops us competing with the big clubs. Clubs in England. Clubs in Europe. Yes, clubs like Barcelona. Why not?"

Liverpool, who are fourth in the Premier League, host Wolves in the FA Cup on Saturday.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #23785: Jan 06, 2018 08:19:40 pm
      Pathetically weak stance from the club. Should have been the coming summer, but once again, pound signs are prevalent...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,282 posts | 933 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #23786: Jan 06, 2018 08:25:58 pm
      Pathetically weak stance from the club. Should have been the coming summer, but once again, pound signs are prevalent...

Let us see how much of the transfer fee is reinvested
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #23787: Jan 06, 2018 08:28:51 pm

Let us see how much of the transfer fee is reinvested

I just fear it has been reinvested.. I don't think that by adding Keita's and Vvd's transfer fees you get Coutinho's transfer fee is a mere coincidence but I guess we'll see at the end of the month :)
      Dragonmark
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts | 28 
      Reply #23788: Jan 06, 2018 08:29:27 pm
      I think we're facing City next? If so, great timing, f***ing hell. Should have got a replacement and bed them in before losing Coutinho because this is feeling all too familiar with how we struggle after losing top talent.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #23789: Jan 06, 2018 08:43:40 pm
      If he’s said what JK said then I don’t see how we could keep him .
      His behaviour in the summer was the writing on the wall for me,once he made it clear that he wants out you find yourself in a sh*t position.
      Cracking player thanks for the memories adios Phil.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,623 posts | 2159 
      Reply #23790: Jan 06, 2018 08:50:55 pm
      Fish have a history of only spending big when we've just sold big. Two big transfer outlays in VVD and Keita but a neutral spend when you factor in the coutino money. I'm interested to see if they break their mould and give Jürgen a big chunk of change to bring someone in over the next couple of weeks. Time will tell.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #23791: Jan 06, 2018 09:07:40 pm
      Since Klopp arrived in October 2015

14 players bought £221M
      17 players sold £255M
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #23792: Jan 06, 2018 09:07:56 pm
      Not doing this for Summer is ridiculous IMO.  We are once again going around the hamstwr wheel, chasing our own tails.

Anyway. It's done. We now need to reinvest and to move on. We have to reinverest.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #23793: Jan 06, 2018 09:17:00 pm

14 players bought £221M
      17 players sold £255M

Does that include Keita mate?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23794: Jan 06, 2018 09:21:22 pm

The IRA Liverpool supporters club aren't happy  :laugh:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23795: Jan 06, 2018 09:22:05 pm

Only thing I really care about is no dross....and for the most part the manager doesn't do dross
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #23796: Jan 06, 2018 09:23:51 pm

No.

From here https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/Jürgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #23797: Jan 06, 2018 09:24:21 pm
      Only thing I really care about is no dross....and for the most part the manager doesn't do dross

Was more thinking how different it looks if he’s spent £50m less.......
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #23798: Jan 06, 2018 09:25:20 pm
      No.

From here https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/Jürgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

Ta.

Unbelievable job he’s doing really when you look at that.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23799: Jan 06, 2018 09:27:00 pm

14 players bought £221M
      17 players sold £255M

Is this inclusive of the Coutinho add-ons or just what we have received?

Either way, proof will be in the pudding or what we do now. FSG must know that any failure to make some significant moves POST Coutinho sale will be a massive negative on their stewardship.

Not losing my mind like some are over the Coutinho deal though. I genuinely trust that the club did indeed offer up what they could to try and keep him and he still wanted out, and if I was Jürgen that kind of cancer of a player going on strike AGAIN would infuriate me. It has infuriated me. F**k the little c**t, glad he’s gone and we got paid.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23800: Jan 06, 2018 09:29:19 pm
      No.

So to be fair, up until the Coutinho sale it has been significant expenditure - and the Coutinho figure is taking into account 40m that is still not in pocket.
      Kopite78
      Reply #23801: Jan 06, 2018 09:33:45 pm
      So to be fair, up until the Coutinho sale it has been significant expenditure - and the Coutinho figure is taking into account 40m that is still not in pocket.

Really?
      Take the 104 off of the sales it still only works out at something like 80m spend over what? 5 or 6 Windows? And that also includes 75 spend on VVD this window

To be honest I'm not having a go at that, I think we have a manager who only signs players he ultimately wants and is prepared to wait until they're available

Tells me there's plenty to spend though touch wood we find someone Jürgen wants this window
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #23802: Jan 06, 2018 09:37:08 pm
      Really?
      Take the 104 off of the sales it still only works out at something like 80m spend over what? 5 or 6 Windows? And that also includes 75 spend on VVD this window

To be honest I'm not having a go at that, I think we have a manager who only signs players he ultimately wants and is prepared to wait until they're available

Tells me there's plenty to spend though touch wood we find someone Jürgen wants this window

Yep I would say the expenditure is minimal to stay top end.

The way the squad is being transformed is extremely impressive.......by the boss and coaching staff.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23803: Jan 06, 2018 09:47:09 pm
      Really?

Only that much? Beyond the big big spenders, not many clubs are spending that kind of money. I remember one table not too long ago, beyond City, PSG, etc, we were one of the top spenders - right around with Madrid as well. Most do exactly what we seem to be doing of late, spending smart and spending big when it's the man the Jürgen wants, as you said. Now, with the Coutinho money in I expect reinvestment, and if we don't see it then I will be critical. I'm not an FSG homer, I just like to think I'm a bit more realistic in expectation. To me they've never been anything but what they set out to be upon purchasing the club, and the place certainly isn't being run into the ground.

No one seems to have mentioned the £50 voucher the club are giving for Coutinho 17/18 shirts purchased? Club doesn't need to do that, especially being he has played half a season in the kit. Just a thought.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #23804: Jan 06, 2018 09:49:17 pm
      Really?

And how's not doing that working out for our rivals? Oh that's right, they're winning titles while we sit around waiting for other clubs to do what we do all too regularly and sell our best players. We will never win the title sitting on our thumbs waiting for certain players to become available, all the while allowing our top talent to move on.

Quick Reply