Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2781247 times
      Kopite78
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24679: Aug 02, 2018 11:13:40 am
      Not quite sure how we've got on to this but let's clear it up.

Sorry JD

All I was trying to suggest is these things have gone on historically and it's not a new thing in terms of boards not just signing whoever the manager or the fans or whoever wanted.. that finances have always been a major factor in player recruitment historically

Spending what you generate isn't a new or an FSG thing
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #24680: Aug 02, 2018 11:15:53 am
      The issue with his opinion is that he’s shifted the goalposts numerous times just to stay critical.

The weird thing is wherever those goalposts are set up you still don't get a clear view of the game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #24681: Aug 02, 2018 11:20:01 am
      I didn’t see anywhere that anyone was asking you to support FSG Stuey, I think most would be satisfied with you not making them out to be false demons.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24682: Aug 02, 2018 11:20:13 am
      Is it really unrealistic to expect them to change their way of thinking...?

remember when  they only wanted to buy young players cheap with resalable value... Then change their mind on that
      Remember when they wanted to raise the ticket prices...? Change that too
      so If we countinue to let then know how we feel about this then maybe we have a change of heart here too

Things within an overall plan are always fluid but the overall plan stays in place

The young player thing is still essentially there..
      You think we wouldn't turn a profit on Salah? Mane? Bobby? Even Virgil?
      How many of them are in their late 20s or beyond when we buy them?

Ticket prices? The ticket prices have increased..  however the ones for the main stand I presume you mean? They said fine but it may have an effect on overall transfer funds and the renovation of the Anfield road end if we keep them lower.
      🤷‍♂️

One thing that won't change no matter how often you keep reminding them is spending beyond what we generate (higher ticket prices would lead to more profit don't forget and the ability to spend more of what we generate)

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #24683: Aug 02, 2018 11:21:10 am
      The progress made by LFC is as JWH&Co visualised - a self sustaining asset requiring little or no input and will at the end of a specific time scale prove a profitable venture for the company.

JWH&Co as you call them could, quite legitimately, claim the increase in value of the club is down to actions and plans they put in place when they took over and they have helped grow the asset.

Massive increase in commercial side of the club along with a squad value probably far greater than when they first took over along which no matter how it happened i.e. selling one player to buy more, has seen the clubs value soar.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018 12:34:04 pm by srslfc »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24684: Aug 02, 2018 11:50:55 am
      You don't know that

I just go on what in front of my eyes when answering the questioning that was asked

OK.
       :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24685: Aug 02, 2018 11:55:23 am
      there was a connection between the board the manager the players and the fans. There is now a disconnect between the Board and the rest of the club as the board seem to pursue a financial objective and don't really have any interest in football. There was a common objective in having a successful football team as that took care of finances. Good competent people regardless of any era the bedrock of any successful enterprise. Having won 1 trophy in 12 years is down to that awful decision made by Parry and Moores to sell to Twit and tw*t who were so completely different in every way to the people you list above. 11years on we now have a squad built largely by Jürgen but built with good people who happen to be great footballers just exactly the same as Shankly did 60 years ago.

There is no disconnect.
      Mike Gordon is an avid fan.

There is no disconnect; every time the fans are up in arms about something, it gets sorted.

The problem is that the more some people get, the more they want.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24686: Aug 02, 2018 12:00:14 pm

What you know something else? Or just guessing buddy?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24687: Aug 02, 2018 12:05:27 pm
      JWH&Co as you call them could, quite legitimately, the increase in value of the club is down to actions and plans they put in place when they took over and they have helped grow the asset.

Massive increase in commercial side of the club along with a squad value probably far greater than when they first took over along which no matter how it happened i.e. selling one player to buy more, has seen the clubs value soar.

Something I didn't know was that Sam Kennedy (now in charge of the Red Sox) is something of a phenomenon in the marketing world, and was brought in to help expand the commercial side of things, when FSG first took over, so thanks to AZPatriot for that snippet of info.
      Some people seem to think you build a house by doing the roof and windows first, rather than putting down strong foundations.

Whatever, it's clear that some people will never get over the fact that they sacked KK.

My own opinion (and F**k knows why I have to keep repeating it) is that they are decent owners. They're not oil sheikh rich, but they have, within the group (FSG) a pool of talent which they use very well.
      They've made mistakes, they've done some good, less bad, and under their ownership we are moving forwards.
      Not great, but better than most.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24688: Aug 02, 2018 12:10:52 pm
      What you know something else? Or just guessing buddy?

You haven't shown that you "know" anything mate, with all due respect.
      You're just guessing.

Read the accounts, then come back to me.
      If after reading the accounts, you say that we cannot afford Fekir, despite being in an extraordinarily strong financial position, then fair enough.
      I see it differently.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24689: Aug 02, 2018 12:14:49 pm
      I agree up to a point.

Moores hired Parry to run the club, and Parry turned out to be a lazy f**ker, and a penny pincher.
      If Moores had anything about him, he would have sacked him, BUT Parry was in charge of the day to day running, and the finances, missing targets like Ronaldo and Vidic because he didn't want to shell out a few extra quid.

Both bad, both f**king incompetent, both lazy.

Parry The Briefcase.

Useless.

This club was left at the starting line when commercial aspects came into play.

He left us in a sh*t state and with Moores sold the club to a pair of highwaymen.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24690: Aug 02, 2018 12:22:57 pm
      You haven't shown that you "know" anything mate, with all due respect.
      You're just guessing.

Read the accounts, then come back to me.
      If after reading the accounts, you say that we cannot afford Fekir, despite being in an extraordinarily strong financial position, then fair enough.
      I see it differently.

You haven't shown you 'know' anything either it's just your opinion differs from mine

I know what I see though..  historically as well as now.
      This summer has been great but it's clear as day we " wanted " one more because he was photographed wearing the shirt for the official announcement

We haven't yet gone for another one or him and signed a keeper for a very similar fee

So I'd suggest Alisson maybe meant we won't be signing one more irregardless of what the books show unless we happen to shift a few to balance back up.

However if we sign one more now it weakens our stance in the prices we can shift our 'deadwood' for

I think we want one more but for numerous reasons it won't happen without players leaving
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24691: Aug 02, 2018 12:33:34 pm
      You haven't shown you 'know' anything either it's just your opinion differs from mine

I know what I see though..  historically as well as now.
      This summer has been great but it's clear as day we " wanted " one more because he was photographed wearing the shirt for the official announcement

We haven't yet gone for another one or him and signed a keeper for a very similar fee

So I'd suggest Alisson maybe meant we won't be signing one more irregardless of what the books show unless we happen to shift a few to balance back up.

However if we sign one more now it weakens our stance in the prices we can shift our 'deadwood' for

I think we want one more but for numerous reasons it won't happen without players leaving

Like I said, look through the accounts, then come back to me.

The question was if it was one or the other, either Alisson or Fekir.

You and others now insist we don't have the money for both.
      Until you can back that up with tangible proof, by quoting the accounts, then there is nothing to discuss.

I've been over this dozens of times, and I have no intention of getting into it again with people who either can't or won't use the relevant information, which is freely available, to back up their case.

I have no interest, absolutely zero, in hypotheticals or "going on history".

Back it up with the relevant information from the accounts, or don't engage me with it.

I'm not being arsey here, I just have no interest in a non factual discussion about finances.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #24692: Aug 02, 2018 12:36:56 pm
      Like I said, look through the accounts, then come back to me.

The question was if it was one or the other, either Alisson or Fekir.

You and others now insist we don't have the money for both.
      Until you can back that up with tangible proof, by quoting the accounts, then there is nothing to discuss.

I've been over this dozens of times, and I have no intention of getting into it again with people who either can't or won't use the relevant information, which is freely available, to back up their case.

I have no interest, absolutely zero, in hypotheticals or "going on history".

Back it up with the relevant information from the accounts, or don't engage me with it.

I'm not being arsey here, I just have no interest in a non factual discussion about finances.

I think in previous years it was 'either or' but looking at this summer again I do feel we would have bought both.

We were linked with both virtually from the end of the season and had to all intents and purposes signed Fekir.

I do wonder though if we did end up with both would it have sped up the outgoings?
      Kopite78
      Reply #24693: Aug 02, 2018 12:39:10 pm

😂

That is your only tone

Anyway great to have you back

Let's see in a week who's right and who's not 👍
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24694: Aug 02, 2018 12:49:15 pm
      😂

That is your only tone

Anyway great to have you back

Let's see in a week who's right and who's not 👍

Nah, I've been through the same thing so many times, and it's a complete waste of my time.

It's not about being "right or wrong" to me, but you crack on if that's your thing.

The evidence is easy to find if you'd care to look, and the question was "is the money there" not whether we would sign someone.

I said the money is there, and you went off on a tangent, without bothering to even read the accounts.
      That's cool, it's your choice, but until you can show that the money isn't there, by referencing the relevant information, then it's not a question of "right or wrong" it's a question of not using freely available information.

I said the money is there, simple as that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24695: Aug 02, 2018 12:54:47 pm
      I think in previous years it was 'either or' but looking at this summer again I do feel we would have bought both.

We were linked with both virtually from the end of the season and had to all intents and purposes signed Fekir.

I do wonder though if we did end up with both would it have sped up the outgoings?

It doesn't depend on outgoings, except maybe in regards to the wage bill, which last season was around 57%, so prudence would dictate that we need to keep it below 60% (of turnover) and trim it down a bit.

We saw with both Fabinho and Alisson that things are done differently these days.
      No one had a sniff before they arrived.
      There was lots of media speculation about Alisson, then they all said we weren't doing a deal to get him, then he arrived  :laugh:

What happens, happens.
      If Klopp can't land the player he wants, he's quite prepared to wait.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #24696: Aug 02, 2018 01:46:42 pm
      We aren’t going to sign anyone else but it’s not because of money. You don’t spend world record fees for defender and keeper if you are worried about funds. They didn’t like the knee, so be it. We are gonna be short a CB and a 10 but thats Klopp’s choice.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #24697: Aug 02, 2018 01:51:44 pm
      We aren’t going to sign anyone else but it’s not because of money. You don’t spend world record fees for defender and keeper if you are worried about funds. They didn’t like the knee, so be it. We are gonna be short a CB and a 10 but thats Klopp’s choice.

We've got 4 CB, 5 if you include Gomez, although I'd like more up front options.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #24698: Aug 02, 2018 03:25:29 pm
      JWH&Co as you call them could, quite legitimately, claim the increase in value of the club is down to actions and plans they put in place when they took over and they have helped grow the asset.

They merely utilised the status and the history of the brand. That potential was always there, after the fraudulent H&G nearly bankrupt the club FSG put LFC on an even keel.

After the club hemorrhaged money under the frauds FSG got us back on the road to profit, a well appreciated and most welcome state of affairs, not entirely unexpected it must be said considering LFC was always a going concern under legitimate owners.

It is puzzling to say the least that all these commercial bodies are willing to put their company's good name on the LFC brand presumably to increase the status of their product yet the owners do not feel it necessary to fund the brand as JWH stated, puzzling indeed when that that would bring further success which translates as more profit.

As a footnote the defeat in the CL final would have been different if the monies had been in place to sign an established world class striker and not wait for the manager to perform miracles.
      « Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018 03:36:40 pm by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,027 posts | 3960 
      Reply #24699: Aug 02, 2018 03:31:12 pm
      I didn’t see anywhere that anyone was asking you to support FSG Stuey, I think most would be satisfied with you not making them out to be false demons.

False demons nothing.
      I am pointing out they are not deserving of the praise mistakenly heaped upon them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #24700: Aug 02, 2018 03:33:07 pm
      They merely utilised the status and the history of the brand. That potential was always there, after the fraudulent H&G nearly bankrupt the club FSG put LFC on an even keel.

After the club hemorrhaged money under the frauds FSG got us back on the road to profit, a well appreciated and most welcome state of affairs, not entirely unexpected it must be said considering LFC was always a going concern under legitimate owners.

It is puzzling to say the least that all these commercial bodies are willing to put their company's good name on the LFC brand presumably to increase the status of their product yet the owners do not feel it necessary to fund the brand as JWH stated bringing it further success which translates as more profit.

As a footnote the defeat in the CL final would have been different if the monies had been in place to sign an established world class striker and not wait for the manager to perform miracles.

A lot of words there Stu but not sure it means too much.

In all the posts I've read from you on this topic recently I'm still no wiser as to what exactly you'd like to see them do?

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018 04:00:03 pm by srslfc »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #24701: Aug 02, 2018 03:34:56 pm
      False demons nothing.
      I am pointing out they are not deserving of the praise mistakenly heaped upon them.

What praise? That they are running the club in a financially prudent manner that they said they would, that they brought in the best manager in the world and appear to have backed him with the signings he wants?

Good grief, I’m not in love with them by any means but you are getting worked up for nothing.

Quick Reply