Oh dear: What have the Romans ever done for us?
Let's have a look...
* Got rid of Hicks & Gillett
* Got rid of a crippling debt.
* Got rid of Hodgson.
* Brought Kenny back.
* Got rid of Purslow.
* Re-united all but the most idiotic of 'fans' and brought belief back to the club.
* Spent £100m plus on players whilst cutting out deadwood and players who didn't want to be with us.
* Increased our revenue.
* Raised our profile in the U.S.
* Have conducted business in a highly professional manner.
* Behaved with both dignity and respect.
Alas tho'... they aren't wealthy oil tycoons, haven't built a new stadium (yet) oh and... they didn't sign Juan Mata - woe is me. They say patience is a virtue whilst greed and envy are 'deadly sins'; hmmm... How's that wealthy oil tycoon, his £50m striker and Juan Mata doing as of now? Fact:
the wage bill was cut because we got rid of players who either were not good enough or wanted to play elsewhere. Was that wrong of F.S.G.?Fact:
our net spend is lower because we were able to get good money for a bad lot (the oil tycoon can vouch for that). Maybe we should have asked for less?Fact:
F.S.G. promised to weigh up all the options before either building or refurbishing; that's what they're doing. Those options are each very complex. Wouldn't it be wiser, instead of just saying 'wait-see', to have the wit to actually wait and see?
F.S.G. do not come out of the Suarez affair smelling of roses (in my opinion) and they'll have learned a hard lesson but to round on them for what they haven't
done (yet) whilst ignoring what they have
done is both churlish and puerile in equal measures.
It's bad enough that the Mancs and the media are giving the club we all say we love a kicking without having to fend off Quislings. Stay strong, be patient and stay together Reds... our day is coming.