Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2784835 times
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #27945: May 28, 2021 03:40:31 pm
      Who did wr sell to buy Konate , Jota , Thiago , Kostaa ?

We took a whole summer out from signing anyone to balance the books.

Did you forget that?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,579 posts | 1805 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27946: May 28, 2021 03:42:34 pm
      Redbird invested into FSG so we know there’s some extra money there. But we don’t get these things every year. Maybe for once we need not have to sell. Maybe.

Im sure I heard that money has basically cancelled out the loss of money due to covid. :-(
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #27947: May 28, 2021 04:06:58 pm
      I've no problem selling a player that doesn't want to be here, in fact I'd want them gone ASAP. We've built up a strong team on the back of selling those players, I wouldn't be confident that we would have such a strong team if we hadn't sold those guys, so it worked out in the end.
      Thiago came on a free, so that was a no brained, Tsimikas was a cheap third choice cover option, maybe he'll get a chance next season. Jota was a surprise buy, he's already proven his worth. So 2 out of the 3 summer buys have worked out.
      Let's hope all the players we buy this summer are decent quality.

Thiago wasn't on a free. He cost 20M.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #27948: May 28, 2021 04:08:51 pm
      Redbird invested into FSG so we know there’s some extra money there. But we don’t get these things every year. Maybe for once we need not have to sell. Maybe.

Other than Coutinho, who have we sold from the first XI?

Teams HAVE to sell because no one is going to carry an over-bloated squad, despite what the video gamers would like to see.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27949: May 28, 2021 04:23:01 pm
      Thiago wasn't on a free. He cost 20M.

My bad.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #27950: May 28, 2021 04:58:55 pm
      Im sure I heard that money has basically cancelled out the loss of money due to covid. :-(

Well, if you’re right about that, and having already put up £35m... then I think I’ll adjust me expectations accordingly regarding subsequent transfers. And reasonably so.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27951: May 28, 2021 05:20:36 pm
      Just curious, did you think the ESL was a good idea?

Do you think the CL was a good idea?

Expanding it constantly a good idea?

As it is, UEFA take a huge chunk of the money to "run" European football, and no doubt cream a nice wedge off for th top people.

It may well be the lesser of two evils, but let's not pretend that UEFA are innocent victims, and are a shining example of an organisation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #27952: May 28, 2021 05:25:52 pm
      Other than Coutinho, who have we sold from the first XI?

Teams HAVE to sell because no one is going to carry an over-bloated squad, despite what the video gamers would like to see.

Just curious, do you honestly think that had we not sold Coutinho we'd have bought Virgil and Allison?

Sometimes I think people get defensive over the sell to buy line but it's not like FSG have every claimed that wasn't how they were going to run things right? They've always chanted the mantra that they only spend what they make. I'm not sure why people get so defensive about something that the owners themselves have parroted time and again?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      rossyred

• 9,309 posts | 1670 
      Reply #27954: May 28, 2021 05:44:16 pm
      Same people going over the same old sh*te 😴
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #27955: May 28, 2021 05:53:46 pm
      Just curious, do you honestly think that had we not sold Coutinho we'd have bought Virgil and Allison?

Sometimes I think people get defensive over the sell to buy line but it's not like FSG have every claimed that wasn't how they were going to run things right? They've always chanted the mantra that they only spend what they make. I'm not sure why people get so defensive about something that the owners themselves have parroted time and again?

This is probably the dumbest of the arguments made by the net spenders. They are here and have helped bring the team to the top of the mountain. We cannot travel to an alternate world where Coutinho doesn't ask for a transfer and get to see how it all plays out.

Net spenders can't be happy that we got Alisson and Van Dijk, they have to by cynical about it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6407 
      Reply #27956: May 28, 2021 06:14:33 pm
      This is probably the dumbest of the arguments made by the net spenders. They are here and have helped bring the team to the top of the mountain. We cannot travel to an alternate world where Coutinho doesn't ask for a transfer and get to see how it all plays out.

Net spenders can't be happy that we got Alisson and Van Dijk, they have to by cynical about it.

Listen, if you can't be honest and answer the question then there's no reason to discuss the topic and no reason for you to respond. It's an honest and reasonable question. I think I know your answer which is why you are being evasive. You know for a fact had we not sold Coutinho we wouldn't have had VVD AND Alli.

And I'm not cynical at all, I'm happy we got rid of Phil and got VVD and Alli. They literally played the biggest part in helping us win CL and the League, I don't think there's any denying that. Had we kept Phil and not had one or the other of those two, likely we wouldn't have won either.

I would do that trade all over again 10 times if offered 10 times. I just think it's funny that whenever people bring up sell to buy or sell to cover, people want to jump off a cliff to "defend" FSG when they've clearly said themselves "the club will only spend what it makes". That's literally what sell to buy is.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #27957: May 28, 2021 06:28:13 pm
      Listen, if you can't be honest and answer the question then there's no reason to discuss the topic and no reason for you to respond. It's an honest and reasonable question. I think I know your answer which is why you are being evasive. You know for a fact had we not sold Coutinho we wouldn't have had VVD AND Alli.

And I'm not cynical at all, I'm happy we got rid of Phil and got VVD and Alli. They literally played the biggest part in helping us win CL and the League, I don't think there's any denying that. Had we kept Phil and not had one or the other of those two, likely we wouldn't have won either.

I would do that trade all over again 10 times if offered 10 times. I just think it's funny that whenever people bring up sell to buy or sell to cover, people want to jump off a cliff to "defend" FSG when they've clearly said themselves "the club will only spend what it makes". That's literally what sell to buy is.

It’s not sell to buy - it’s called self sustaining,

The clubs income is more than just selling players ffs

Why do you think they went to Nike , looked to expanded the stadium - to bring in more income to allow the club to spend more on players.

One of those income streams in selling players - just like everyone else in the football world unless you are able to spend the owners interest and break ffp rules.

Sometimes I reallt don’t know what people expect
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27958: May 28, 2021 07:34:14 pm
      Do you think the CL was a good idea?

Expanding it constantly a good idea?

As it is, UEFA take a huge chunk of the money to "run" European football, and no doubt cream a nice wedge off for th top people.

It may well be the lesser of two evils, but let's not pretend that UEFA are innocent victims, and are a shining example of an organisation.

Obviously things aren't perfect now, but the ESL was on another level of greed.
      Worse than that, the owners of all these clubs went behind everyones back, kept fans, managers, players, staff etc etc in the dark, then just present the whole thing as a done deal.
      Unbelievable arrogance.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27959: May 28, 2021 07:35:09 pm

Well guess there is something you won't defend them on at least
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #27960: May 28, 2021 07:45:01 pm
      Well guess there is something you won't defend them on at least

I can understand why they went in for it

For me the one real big mistake they made was the ticket prices but in the current situation it’s hard to point out other owners that have managed to improve a club as well as they have without oil money

I still find it incredible when people start shouting for them to leave
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #27961: May 28, 2021 09:27:45 pm
      Like for like replacement was not available, none of those mentioned could step into VVD's boots for instance. An example of the trials the manager has to endure under these market traders.
      To juggle Gomez and Mario as comparable stand-ins is a f**king joke, performances tell the tale.

You have lost all credibity defending the market traders who know f**k all about a game they wrongly call 'soccer', even the ESL fiasco hasn't made you see sense!

You are a lost cause pursuing a lost cause.

“Like for like” - how many CB’s do you think that are able to “step into VVD” shoes in world football and also ones that are happy to sit on the bench waiting for him to be injured - your F***ing deluded if you expect that level of player to be a back up

What is this “lost cause” you are dribbling about ? The owners aren’t going anywhere and will continue to build the club

But let’s see if you can actually answer
       straight

Which owners within the Prem would you prefer to FSG and why ?

Or if no one in the Prem who would you like to see buy the club

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,614 posts | 7142 
      Reply #27962: May 28, 2021 09:41:39 pm
      what is it that people think you cant criticise FSG because its all speculation whilst its ok to say a 72 year old man who tired to take the club into a super league is going to be here for the next 10 years. Its his play thing he could decide tomorrow to cash in . None of these "owners" are good for football because there have been footballers for over 150 years and there are no shortage of them  even if they had to play for the poultry sum of £20k  per week.
      We have to pay Sky for league games and BT for CL games and then again LFC for LFCTV (which is actually the best value) the bubble will burst at some point.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #27963: May 28, 2021 09:44:46 pm
      what is it that people think you cant criticise FSG because its all speculation whilst its ok to say a 72 year old man who tired to take the club into a super league is going to be here for the next 10 years. Its his play thing he could decide tomorrow to cash in . None of these "owners" are good for football because there have been footballers for over 150 years and there are no shortage of them  even if they had to play for the poultry sum of £20k  per week.
      We have to pay Sky for league games and BT for CL games and then again LFC for LFCTV (which is actually the best value) the bubble will burst at some point.

People have been saying the bubble will burst for years , it’s not happening , whilst Telly companies supply the deals the money will keep increasing

It’s also not a “play thing” - they are a sports investment company - hence how they own a multiple number of sports clubs.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,614 posts | 7142 
      Reply #27964: May 28, 2021 11:38:26 pm

People have been saying the bubble will burst for years , it’s not happening , whilst Telly companies supply the deals the money will keep increasing

It’s also not a “play thing” - they are a sports investment company - hence how they own a multiple number of sports clubs.

I disagree unless you have intimate knowledge of John Henry;s plans he is one burger away from joining Elvis. I really dont give a flying F**k about there baseball or Basketball interests what interests me since day one is what their exit strategy is and will they take all of their money out because at that time we are in the same boat as UTD unless a multi billionaire finds £3billion down his sofa.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #27965: May 29, 2021 12:38:11 pm
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #27966: May 29, 2021 12:58:42 pm

You'd think they were running an orphanage on public donations.

I just want them gone.

Stuff like this boils my blood. Fulham's fullbacks probably earn more
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 114 
      Reply #27967: May 29, 2021 01:09:54 pm
      You'd think they were running an orphanage on public donations.

I just want them gone.

Stuff like this boils my blood. Fulham's fullbacks probably earn more

Eh?  :angry-smiley-034:

Quick Reply