Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2790993 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,661 posts | 7151 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29394: Nov 11, 2021 11:29:48 am
      Now JĆ¼rgen Klopp shows his frustration at Liverpool's lack of TRANSFER BUSINESS as he insists 'it's not my decision' if they strengthen in January...

I would say that we have succeeded under JĆ¼rgen despite FSG protecting their financial gains in terms of the clubs valuation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29395: Nov 11, 2021 11:32:21 am
      Now JĆ¼rgen Klopp shows his frustration at Liverpool's lack of TRANSFER BUSINESS as he insists 'it's not my decision' if they strengthen in January...

I would say that we have succeeded under JĆ¼rgen despite FSG protecting their financial gains in terms of the clubs valuation.

Where is he saying this ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,661 posts | 7151 
      Reply #29396: Nov 11, 2021 11:34:56 am
      I wonder how many posts you have contributed outside this thread. Your like an attack dog as soon as you see a post you react its clear you support FSG ahead of LFC. As far as where its from Google it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29397: Nov 11, 2021 11:38:50 am
      I wonder how many posts you have contributed outside this thread. Your like an attack dog as soon as you see a post you react its clear you support FSG ahead of LFC. As far as where its from Google it.

I just asked you where he is saying it as I canā€™t find the report or news conference where he is talking about transfers in January?

So I just thought you would might have put the link in with the quote so that we can read ?

This is the latest he said on Jan that I can find

"We knew it, we have to deal with it, and we will deal with it," Klopp promised a few weeks ago when asked about the upcoming AFCON commitments for his players.

"How? We will have to see in January. People are saying now that we have to sign two strikers of the same quality as Sadio and Mo, but that cannot be a solution as we cannot do that."

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-transfer-january-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-22111238.amp

I support the club and all that it entails and have done for the past 40 years that I have been going to games.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #29398: Nov 11, 2021 03:38:46 pm
      And we all know the club canā€™t spent the same way as some other clubs - itā€™s new news and I would expect most would understand that by now - itā€™s not going to change

Not sure what the point is with Wilson and Grujic 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø  Neither at any point played a part in the first team squad

And Shaqiri - a player who consistently failed to deliver

And there is no doubt that they wanted Gini to stay hence why they offered him a new contact but he moved on

And it looked like Elliott was the player Klopp wanted to fill the spot

ā€œ ā€œIt is summer and the transfer window is open, then everyone expects some player signings. We will see what happens. Letā€™s go through the squad. Do you want to buy a new fullback? A new goalkeeper? We already have good players there.

ā€œIn midfield, we have players with a lot of experience, such as Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita. In addition, we have exciting young boys in Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones.ā€

Maybe we trust him 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Do you seriously believe it was planned all along that Elliot was Ginis replacement? What happened to the ethos of bedding young players in gradually and not burning them out? Just because it fits your agenda doesn't mean it's a credible response.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #29399: Nov 11, 2021 03:55:11 pm
      Do you seriously believe it was planned all along that Elliot was Ginis replacement? What happened to the ethos of bedding young players in gradually and not burning them out? Just because it fits your agenda doesn't mean it's a credible response.

What happened to giving players a chance? How old was Gerrard when he became a regular? Even the oil teams have given young players like Mount, R. James and Foden cracks at the first team, but we're too good for that and should just buy more players instead of giving Elliott and Jones a chance? If a player has the talent, who cares about their age? Fati, Pedri and Gavi were/are around 17yo when they got a first crack at Barcelona. Guess they don't know what they're doing either.

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #29400: Nov 11, 2021 04:10:08 pm
      What happened to giving players a chance? How old was Gerrard when he became a regular? Even the oil teams have given young players like Mount, R. James and Foden cracks at the first team, but we're too good for that and should just buy more players instead of giving Elliott and Jones a chance? If a player has the talent, who cares about their age? Fati, Pedri and Gavi were/are around 17yo when they got a first crack at Barcelona. Guess they don't know what they're doing either.

Read the post again, no matter how good he is, and he is very good, do you think it is sensible to plan for him to play the same amount of games that Gini used to for example? Kids that are thrown in the deep end tend to get burnt out. And how often did Foden start the last couple of years? Having a crack at the 1st team is one thing, replacing an ever present player is a totally different one.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29401: Nov 11, 2021 04:14:37 pm
      Read the post again, no matter how good he is, and he is very good, do you think it is sensible to plan for him to play the same amount of games that Gini used to for example? Kids that are thrown in the deep end tend to get burnt out. And how often did Foden start the last couple of years? Having a crack at the 1st team is one thing, replacing an ever present player is a totally different one.

He's not the same type of player anyway, never a Gini replacement
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #29402: Nov 11, 2021 04:15:59 pm

Read the post again, no matter how good he is, and he is very good, do you think it is sensible to plan for him to play the same amount of games that Gini used to for example? Kids that are thrown in the deep end tend to get burnt out. And how often did Foden start the last couple of years? Having a crack at the 1st team is one thing, replacing an ever present player I a totally different one.
      He's not the same type of player anyway, never a Gini replacement

But somebody keeps telling us he is, they can't possibly be wrong
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29403: Nov 11, 2021 04:27:41 pm
      Think we've been fixing leaks in the team by putting buckets on the floor to catch the drips for a few seasons now.

This is an ageing side and I know Fenway don't want to do it but the age of our team will in the end give them very little choice. Every year of inaction is going to creep up on us.

Its not too far from now that JĆ¼rgen will move on. Whe  he does so our best and biggest earners will be well into their 30s.

Problems.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29404: Nov 11, 2021 04:32:23 pm

Who knows what was planned - they could have been looking at players to replace Gini , Elliott started Pre season well - they were impressed and decided to keep him within the squad instead of sending out on loan again.

Iā€™m sure he would have been used in the same way TAA was when he broke into the team

Iā€™m pretty sure we could trust Klopp to ensure he doesnā€™t get burnt out in the same way he did with TAA and Jones in recent years - why would it be any different
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29405: Nov 11, 2021 04:33:51 pm
      Read the post again, no matter how good he is, and he is very good, do you think it is sensible to plan for him to play the same amount of games that Gini used to for example? Kids that are thrown in the deep end tend to get burnt out. And how often did Foden start the last couple of years? Having a crack at the 1st team is one thing, replacing an ever present player I a totally different one.
      But somebody keeps telling us he is, they can't possibly be wrong

No one has stated he isā€the same type of playerā€

What has been said is that Elliot has filled his spot within the squad.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #29406: Nov 11, 2021 04:34:59 pm
      Think we've been fixing leaks in the team by putting buckets on the floor to catch the drips for a few seasons now.

This is an ageing side and I know Fenway don't want to do it but the age of our team will in the end give them very little choice. Every year of inaction is going to creep up on us.

Its not too far from now that JĆ¼rgen will move on. Whe  he does so our best and biggest earners will be well into their 30s.

Problems.

Agree, and yet the overall tone here is....."resign Hendo!", "should have resigned Gini!", "Give Mo whatever he wants!", "resign Van Dijk!", etc etc etc, and these are the players who will be well into their 30s when Klopp leaves.

To turn the team over that means some of these big name players will have to be moved on to be replaced with the next generation that will take us forward, but we all know the moment one of them leaves we will hear the cries of "we keep selling our best players", "we're a selling club" and the rest of the agenda by the netspenders.

Can't have it both ways, but hypocrisy has no boundaires.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29407: Nov 11, 2021 04:36:05 pm

Problems.

The squad is not ā€œagingā€ in the sense we will have problems in the next year or so

Average is around 27 - take out Milner and Henderson and I believe they are all under 30

Modern players are now looking to play on a lot longer

But even then our most recent signings clearly looking at the future - Jota , Konate both examples of players coming in for now and the future
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #29408: Nov 11, 2021 04:37:39 pm
      Who knows what was planned - they could have been looking at players to replace Gini , Elliott started Pre season well - they were impressed and decided to keep him within the squad instead of sending out on loan again.

Iā€™m sure he would have been used in the same way TAA was when he broke into the team

Iā€™m pretty sure we could trust Klopp to ensure he doesnā€™t get burnt out in the same way he did with TAA and Jones in recent years - why would it be any different

Because you keep telling us Elliot was Ginis replacement and he obviously isn't.  So the question remains unanswered as to why we didn't replace Gini with a reliable player? The Ox is glass, Naby lad is glass, Hendo will miss 10 games with a foot or calf injury, Fab will either miss games due to injury or suspension. Never worry though we've always got Milly or Thiago to fill in haven't we?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29409: Nov 11, 2021 04:41:18 pm
      Because you keep telling us Elliot was Ginis replacement and he obviously isn't.  So the question remains unanswered as to why we didn't replace Gini with a reliable player? The Ox is glass, Naby lad is glass, Hendo will miss 10 games with a foot or calf injury, Fab will either miss games due to injury or suspension. Never worry though we've always got Milly to fill in haven't we?

Last season we had 8 midfielders for 3 roles , the same as the season before and before that

This season we have 8 midfielders for 3 roles

Why did there need to be a direct like for like replacement for Gini - ( a player smashed from post to pillar because he didnā€™t offer enough )

Just like when Coutinho left - we didnā€™t buy a direct replacement for him - the squad evolved around the players it had

Why can that not be the same now - they have 8 midfielders who will fill the role spots within that team.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,283 posts | 934 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29410: Nov 11, 2021 06:58:24 pm
      Still at it eh
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29411: Nov 11, 2021 07:10:26 pm
      Because you keep telling us Elliot was Ginis replacement and he obviously isn't.  So the question remains unanswered as to why we didn't replace Gini with a reliable player? The Ox is glass, Naby lad is glass, Hendo will miss 10 games with a foot or calf injury, Fab will either miss games due to injury or suspension. Never worry though we've always got Milly or Thiago to fill in haven't we?

Hope as the matches pile up in the different competitions, and as the months of the season go on, we can keep fielding strong enough midfield trios.
      And as someone said above, years/summers of inaction will catch up with us.
      If we do manage it, it'll be despite FSG, because no matter what excuses are made for them, a 7m net summer profit is not of a show of support.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29412: Nov 11, 2021 07:12:15 pm

Why did there need to be a direct like for like replacement for Gini - ( a player smashed from post to pillar because he didnā€™t offer enough )

Maybe they didn't fully understand his role in the side.

JĆ¼rgen certainly did, in his comments about him...

"Gini Wijnaldum. An LFC legend now and forever. What this person ā€“ this wonderful, joyful, selfless person ā€“ has done for our team and club I cannot sum up in words, in truth, because my English is not good enough."

"He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart. If ā€“ and it is still if ā€“ he goes, he does so knowing we as his teammates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family."
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29413: Nov 11, 2021 07:25:13 pm
      Maybe they didn't fully understand his role in the side.

JĆ¼rgen certainly did, in his comments about him...

"Gini Wijnaldum. An LFC legend now and forever. What this person ā€“ this wonderful, joyful, selfless person ā€“ has done for our team and club I cannot sum up in words, in truth, because my English is not good enough."

"He is an architect of our success. We have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart. If ā€“ and it is still if ā€“ he goes, he does so knowing we as his teammates are eternally grateful for having this special human being come into our lives. I love him and he will always be family."

Only have to read his thread and the match threads etc to see how people reacted when he played.

Gini was a very good player but he wasnā€™t some world beater
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29414: Nov 11, 2021 07:35:01 pm
      Only have to read his thread and the match threads etc to see how people reacted when he played.

Gini was a very good player but he wasnā€™t some world beater

Yep, he was a very good player, played a shedload of games, and JĆ¼rgen trusted him.

Peoples reactions on match threads ... seriously ...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,211 posts | 3481 
      Reply #29415: Nov 11, 2021 07:39:07 pm
      Yep, he was a very good player, played a shedload of games, and JĆ¼rgen trusted him.

Peoples reactions on match threads ... seriously ...

So youā€™re happy to trust Klopps judgment then - cool.

And yes match threads and in his own thread - itā€™s an interesting read. Gini seems to be the player who got better when he left
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29416: Nov 11, 2021 08:36:47 pm

So youā€™re happy to trust Klopps judgment then - cool.

And yes match threads and in his own thread - itā€™s an interesting read. Gini seems to be the player who got better when he left

Thought you were the one pulling people up for 'crying' in match threads. Or maybe that's just for stuff you don't agree with.

Yea, I do trust JĆ¼rgen as have said many many times, way more that the money men that's for sure :)

Quick Reply