Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2831914 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,182 posts | 533 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29532: Dec 11, 2021 11:03:20 am
      Itā€™s been said, Klopp visited Anfield with Dortmund for s friendly.
      Insisted on getting the full tour round the entire stadium, met loads of current and ex players, was taken in by the whole set up and atmosphere of the club, and was biding his time.
      He had wanted this post for a number of years and was overwhelmed when he was asked to take it on.

Thatā€™s how I understood it, but donā€™t take my word for it.
      Iā€™m not into unnecessary arguments 😂

I expect someone will come along shortly and shoot that theory to pieces.   ;D ;D ;D

Nice story though and just the sort of thing JĆ¼rgen would do. Just glad he is here and not at one of our competitors. 
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #29533: Dec 11, 2021 12:35:03 pm
      One thing of interest that Deloitte surmised was the following:
      At the top of the table there continues to be a strong relationship between league position and total wage costs.

Meaning the teams that pay the best, tend to finish the strongest. Something to keep in mind as the Mo Salah contract "dispute" plays out.

Fully agree with you there
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29534: Dec 11, 2021 01:18:07 pm

Iā€™m going to suggest that we will be in a far better place to attract the best available managers around than compared to when Rodgers left
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29535: Dec 11, 2021 01:22:26 pm
      Iā€™m going to suggest that we will be in a far better place to attract the best available managers around than compared to when Rodgers left

But it depends if they want to work with one hand tied behind their back like JĆ¼rgen is

As much as FSG have undoubtedly steadied the ship and secured the club JĆ¼rgen has made it work and I think heā€™s one of very very few can combine that willingness to work like that with his undoubted ability to win with it

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #29536: Dec 11, 2021 01:26:50 pm
      But it depends if they want to work with one hand tied behind their back like JĆ¼rgen is

As much as FSG have undoubtedly steadied the ship and secured the club JĆ¼rgen has made it work and I think heā€™s one of very very few can combine that willingness to work like that with his undoubted ability to win with it

my issue with FSG is now matter how well they are perceived to have done for the club they have increased their initial investment  10 fold .
      The FFP suggest only Spurs could spend more than us and we could spend something like Ā£273 mil before we would incur penalties not that they are ever applied
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29537: Dec 11, 2021 01:31:28 pm
      my issue with FSG is now matter how well they are perceived to have done for the club they have increased their initial investment  10 fold .
      The FFP suggest only Spurs could spend more than us and we could spend something like Ā£273 mil before we would incur penalties not that they are ever applied

Donā€™t disagree, but this is what they said when they brought us so we canā€™t be surprised

As I said my worry is what happens after JĆ¼rgen because he is the genius that makes it all work, there are very few of him, if anyā€¦ around
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #29538: Dec 11, 2021 01:36:01 pm
      Donā€™t disagree, but this is what they said when they brought us so we canā€™t be surprised

As I said my worry is what happens after JĆ¼rgen because he is the genius that makes it all work, there are very few of him, if anyā€¦ around

Yep. Be hard to find another manager who will have us competing at the top with his hands tied behind his back.

14th/15th in the net spend league over the past 5 years. Fsg did nothing to even look like they could bring success prior to 2015. Then they fell on their feet with JĆ¼rgen.

After JĆ¼rgen I fear we will be back to scrapping for 4th every year well off the pace. I hope he signs on beyond 2024. I pray he does.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,792 posts | 7190 
      Reply #29539: Dec 11, 2021 01:39:50 pm

they put nothing into ~JĆ¼rgen Klopp being JĆ¼rgen they got lucky that they got a man who liked to develop players and then the sale of Luis and Phil bankrolled the purchase of Virgil and Ali. This situation with Mo is just wrong and it could even unsettle the lad. Like I said if they want to compete with the big boys it takes deep pockets and once JĆ¼rgen leaves their pockets are going to have to be even deeper no matter who comes in their is only one JĆ¼rgen
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29540: Dec 11, 2021 01:50:34 pm

Klopp doesnā€™t have any hands tied behind his back 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø - why would anyone else ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29541: Dec 11, 2021 01:52:00 pm

Investment is only increased when the club is actually sold.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29542: Dec 11, 2021 01:56:25 pm
      Yep. Be hard to find another manager who will have us competing at the top with his hands tied behind his back.

14th/15th in the net spend league over the past 5 years. Fsg did nothing to even look like they could bring success prior to 2015. Then they fell on their feet with JĆ¼rgen.

After JĆ¼rgen I fear we will be back to scrapping for 4th every year well off the pace. I hope he signs on beyond 2024. I pray he does.

Why focus on the net spend amount as opposed to the players actually bought

Alisson
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo
      Thiago
      Fabinho
      Keita
      Ox
      Bobby
      Mane
      Mo
      Jota

Is there anyone else they should have got instead of the players they bought ?

Surely it should be a good thing that we have such a great recruitment team that we have been able to compile an outstanding team/squad and within the clubs income.

Is there some extra kudos to be gained by spending more on the net spend ?

And before 2015 did we not come 2nd just missing out on the title and also win the league cup ( first trophy in 6 years )
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #29543: Dec 11, 2021 02:25:22 pm

Alisson
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo
      Thiago
      Fabinho
      Keita
      Ox
      Bobby
      Mane
      Mo
      Jota

Surely it should be a good thing that we have such a great recruitment team that we have been able to compile an outstanding team/squad and within the clubs income.

And before 2015 did we not come 2nd just missing out on the title and also win the league cup ( first trophy in 6 years )

2014 was a total flash in the pan. 60 goals conceded  as well. We did nothing before that and nothing after that. Gerrard had his last great season and the cannibal/racist was playing for his move after going on strike and trying to force a move to arsenal. Sturridge and Sterling also came to the party briefly.

As for players signed ... these players signed for JĆ¼rgen and they play for him too. Do you really think we will be pushing city like this if Rodgers was still in charge ... even with the same players? Don't kid yourself.

If JĆ¼rgen leaves in 2024 ... it will be very difficult to find someone as well suited to the club, a world class manager who can operate on the tight budget he has to work under compared to city Chelsea utd etc.

We are where we are because of JĆ¼rgen. No part of it whatsoever is down to fsg. They fell on their feet with him. Enjoy the next 2 years thats what I say.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29544: Dec 11, 2021 02:27:26 pm
      Klopp doesnā€™t have any hands tied behind his back 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø - why would anyone else ?

In comparison to his rivals yes he does

He works on a limited budget the rest (of his rivals) donā€™t

JĆ¼rgen makes their system work that most, if not all other managers couldnā€™t make work
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #29545: Dec 11, 2021 02:33:11 pm

Alisson
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo
      Thiago
      Fabinho
      Keita
      Ox
      Bobby
      Mane
      Mo
      Jota

You can only bring the horse to water, you cannot make it drink it, so itā€™s not really worth the effort.

We can bring in Mbappe next summer on a free and sell Taki for $10M and the netspenders would whine we had a negative net spend in the summer and that JĆ¼rgen has to work miracles with that level of spend. Thatā€™s all theyā€™re able to see with their tunnel vision so thereā€™s really no point.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29546: Dec 11, 2021 02:37:37 pm

You can only bring the horse to water, you cannot make it drink it, so itā€™s not really worth the effort.

We can bring in Mbappe next summer on a free and sell Taki for $10M and the netspenders would whine we had a negative net spend in the summer and that JĆ¼rgen has to work miracles with that level of spend. Thatā€™s all theyā€™re able to see with their tunnel vision so thereā€™s really no point.

Iā€™m not a net spender

But we wouldnā€™t have signed those without selling players

Thatā€™s in-F***ing-disputable

You moan at them for being ā€œnet spendersā€ when youā€™re just the complete opposite side of the argument

Even with those signings, the key man is JĆ¼rgen

We wouldnā€™t sign Mbappe on a free anyway because we wouldnā€™t pay his wages, we wonā€™t do that for Mo whoā€™s done what heā€™s done for the football club so there would be no chance theyā€™d give it Mbappe
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29547: Dec 11, 2021 02:42:41 pm
      2014 was a total flash in the pan. 60 goals conceded  as well. We did nothing before that and nothing after that. Gerrard had his last great season and the cannibal/racist was playing for his move after going on strike and trying to force a move to arsenal. Sturridge and Sterling also came to the party briefly.

Why do some ignore the trophy won under Kenny ?

And in 2014 we still nearly won the league - all the other stuff is irrelevant, we were superb that season.

As for players signed ... these players signed for JĆ¼rgen and they play for him too. Do you really think we will be pushing city like this if Rodgers was still in charge ... even with the same players? Don't kid yourself.

The players signed for the club and they play for the club , the fans and to win - Klopp wasnā€™t the person buying the players , he didnā€™t scout them , letā€™s not forget he didnā€™t pick Salah for example , players like VVD wanted to sign for Liverpool.
      Klopp brings all the parts together but he doesnā€™t get the parts

If JĆ¼rgen leaves in 2024 ... it will be very difficult to find someone as well suited to the club, a world class manager who can operate on the tight budget he has to work under compared to city Chelsea utd etc.

Didnā€™t Chelsea have a positive net spend this summer and are also a club that spend what they earn ? I remember though the 80ā€™s we lost managers and then because of the solid foundations of the club a new manager was able to come in and carry on the same ethos

We are where we are because of JĆ¼rgen. No part of it whatsoever is down to fsg. They fell on their feet with him. Enjoy the next 2 years thats what I say.

Itā€™s not all down to one person - itā€™s impossible for one single person to do it all - there are many people put in place to ensure the manager has the tools to be successful
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29548: Dec 11, 2021 02:50:54 pm
      Iā€™m not a net spender

But we wouldnā€™t have signed those without selling players

Thatā€™s in-f**king-disputable

You moan at them for being ā€œnet spendersā€ when youā€™re just the complete opposite side of the argument

Even with those signings, the key man is JĆ¼rgen

We wouldnā€™t sign Mbappe on a free anyway because we wouldnā€™t pay his wages, we wonā€™t do that for Mo whoā€™s done what heā€™s done for the football club so there would be no chance theyā€™d give it Mbappe

The club is self sustaining- it spends money it makes and that includes any players that are sold when they are no longer required or want to leave.

If we donā€™t work within the clubs income then itā€™s either getting loans or the clubs transfers are held up by using FSG bank accounts

For years we pointed fingers at Chelsea then City ā€œbuyingā€ trophies and titles - and we took pride in doing it without the billions

We have a club stood up on its own feet as an entity - it doesnā€™t need to financially cheat like City , it doesnā€™t need to have huge levels of leveraged debt like Utd and Chelsea have managed to increase their level of income and also sell a lot of players to help fund their player purchases.

Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29549: Dec 11, 2021 02:55:35 pm
      The club is self sustaining- it spends money it makes and that includes any players that are sold when they are no longer required or want to leave.

If we donā€™t work within the clubs income then itā€™s either getting loans or the clubs transfers are held up by using FSG bank accounts

For years we pointed fingers at Chelsea then City ā€œbuyingā€ trophies and titles - and we took pride in doing it without the billions

We have a club stood up on its own feet as an entity - it doesnā€™t need to financially cheat like City , it doesnā€™t need to have huge levels of leveraged debt like Utd and Chelsea have managed to increase their level of income and also sell a lot of players to help fund their player purchases.

Yeah, and Iā€™ve acknowledged that

But whilst you can acknowledge that, you can also say that we have the one manager in the world who can do it our wayā€¦ when he leaves?
      Seems so much harder to compete with.. heā€™s the key component
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29550: Dec 11, 2021 03:01:13 pm
      Yeah, and Iā€™ve acknowledged that

But whilst you can acknowledge that, you can also say that we have the one manager in the world who can do it our wayā€¦ when he leaves?
      Seems so much harder to compete with.. heā€™s the key component

Itā€™s only pure guesswork at what could happen with another manager - Klopp is superb , but who knows what another manager could do - Tuchel for example would be superb , Flick , Nagelsmann etc

Then you have managers like HĆ¼tter , I have no doubt that Klopp will be fully involved in looking at a successor if he does leave in 2024 -but I donā€™t tbink anyone will know for sure - crystal balls seems popular af the moment
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29551: Dec 11, 2021 05:24:24 pm
      Itā€™s only pure guesswork at what could happen with another manager - Klopp is superb , but who knows what another manager could do - Tuchel for example would be superb , Flick , Nagelsmann etc

Then you have managers like HĆ¼tter , I have no doubt that Klopp will be fully involved in looking at a successor if he does leave in 2024 -but I donā€™t tbink anyone will know for sure - crystal balls seems popular af the moment

Yeah sound, it fits your natative so all good

Weā€™ll see, I hope youā€™re right and we manage to get another world class manager who likes working under more restraints than others big clubs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29552: Dec 11, 2021 05:27:37 pm
      Yeah sound, it fits your natative so all good

Weā€™ll see, I hope youā€™re right and we manage to get another world class manager who likes working under more restraints than others big clubs

There is no narrative and Iā€™m guessing the restraints canā€™t be that horrific as Klopp who could walk into any job has no issues with it 🙄

Or maybe there are no restraints and it all works how the manager , DoF and owners want it to work
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #29553: Dec 11, 2021 05:38:34 pm

There is no narrative and Iā€™m guessing the restraints canā€™t be that horrific as Klopp who could walk into any job has no issues with it 🙄

I mean, I have said that, so either you choose to ignore it(probably) or you canā€™t read ( I donā€™t think as youā€™re not daft)

I said numerous times, JĆ¼rgen happily works under these restraints ( and openly says itā€™s how he likes it)

Again, itā€™s after the main man goes
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #29554: Dec 11, 2021 05:40:40 pm
      I mean, I have said that, so either you choose to ignore it(probably) or you canā€™t read ( I donā€™t think as youā€™re not daft)

I said numerous times, JĆ¼rgen happily works under these restraints ( and openly says itā€™s how he likes it)

Again, itā€™s after the main man goes

And after the manager goes the club will look to employ another manager who is happening to work under the clubs model - not sure why you keep calling it ā€œrestraintsā€ just because we donā€™t have a pot of gold to spend

Quick Reply