Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2790494 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #31119: Aug 26, 2022 03:26:58 pm
      https://twitter.com/iandoylesport/status/1563170147992424450?s=21&t=mFU8j19UJrhjBmGUAFoVjA

And when asked if the Reds will make a signing before the deadline on Thursday at 11pm, Klopp said: “I don’t know.

“As you can imagine, we are actually working constantly on these kind of things, but we have spoken about the reasons why it is sometimes not happening – sometimes too expensive, sometimes not the right player – but then the situation changes, things like this. One thing stays important, and it’s that it needs to be the right player.

“We are working and will see if something will happen or not, I don’t know.

So is that clear enough 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,417 posts | 6418 
      Reply #31120: Aug 26, 2022 03:33:48 pm
      If Dortmund won't sell this summer we can't force them to though.

They've only just sold their star forward as well

There is literally no chance in hell that Dortmund sell Jude right now. None. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I'm pretty confident I won't be. So that leaves any world class midfielder not named Jude that we should be in for. Admittedly I'm not sure who is on that list but I'd be happy to have someone share the list with me. Guys that are that good that they can come in right away and transform our team AND are available and we can afford them.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31121: Aug 26, 2022 03:36:43 pm
      ...the reasons why it is sometimes not happening – sometimes too expensive, sometimes not the right player

Obviously you wanna get the right player. Nobody is suggesting we buy someone for the sake of it.
      So that leaves trying to get the right player "within budget" - and you would think many of the quality players would be on the more expensive side - so ...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31122: Aug 26, 2022 03:43:51 pm
      Obviously you wanna get the right player. Nobody is suggesting we buy someone for the sake of it.
      So that leaves trying to get the right player "within budget" - and you would think many of the quality players would be on the more expensive side - so ...

So 🤷‍♂️

Of course there will be a budget - pretty standard stuff and a some players will be expensive- they aren’t going to pay way over the odds for players
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31123: Aug 26, 2022 03:45:36 pm
      There is literally no chance in hell that Dortmund sell Jude right now. None. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I'm pretty confident I won't be. So that leaves any world class midfielder not named Jude that we should be in for. Admittedly I'm not sure who is on that list but I'd be happy to have someone share the list with me. Guys that are that good that they can come in right away and transform our team AND are available and we can afford them.

We've been having this conversation since Gini moved on.
      Frustrating that we have left it so late, after another season has passed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31124: Aug 26, 2022 03:51:07 pm
      So 🤷‍♂️

Of course there will be a budget - pretty standard stuff and a some players will be expensive- they aren’t going to pay way over the odds for players

Regarding paying over the odds, don't think anyone wants to do that, but that's what happens when let yourself get into this kind of position.
      Also, the owners definition of well over the odds might not be ours/the staffs, who knows. They have a budget that is obviously less than other clubs.
      But we have a long season ahead and things are looking worrying across the middle.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31125: Aug 26, 2022 03:54:41 pm
      Regarding paying over the odds, don't think anyone wants to do that, but that's what happens when let yourself get into this kind of position.
      Also, the owners definition of well over the odds might not be ours/the staffs, who knows. They have a budget that is obviously less than other clubs.
      But we have a long season ahead and things are looking worrying across the middle.

It’s not the owners making the choice about the players 🤷‍♂️
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31126: Aug 26, 2022 04:09:28 pm

Honestly I don't get what people are not understanding. We'll be in this position again this season and the reason why is our midfield is injury prone.

1.Keita
      2. Ox
      3. Thiago

That's the main suspects. These guys can't put a ten run of games together where thwt're all fit. Ox is completely shot even when fit. At some points last year he wasn't even making the bench. Then we have:

1. Jones
      2. Hendo
      3. Fab

Jones nearly made the top list. He's not kicked on at all. Seems to fancy himself and admires his own pass.

Hendo tries but he's peaked and needs replacing in our starting 11.

Fab is in to a crucial year. Love this guy. He needs to really buck his ideas up and get back to the Fab we know is one of the best in the world on his day.

So above is an example of why our midfield isn't equipped to last the season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,198 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31127: Aug 26, 2022 04:28:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/iandoylesport/status/1563170147992424450?s=21&t=mFU8j19UJrhjBmGUAFoVjA

And when asked if the Reds will make a signing before the deadline on Thursday at 11pm, Klopp said: “I don’t know.

“As you can imagine, we are actually working constantly on these kind of things, but we have spoken about the reasons why it is sometimes not happening – sometimes too expensive, sometimes not the right player – but then the situation changes, things like this. One thing stays important, and it’s that it needs to be the right player.

“We are working and will see if something will happen or not, I don’t know.

So is that clear enough 🤷‍♂️

Interesting quote by Klopp as tune changed slightly from other week when saying midfield will come out of the development ( or words to that effect)

Clear enough for me they’re now looking if anyone available that meets there budget. Going to be interesting week for you lot.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31128: Aug 26, 2022 04:34:48 pm
      It’s not the owners making the choice about the players 🤷‍♂️

No but they hold the purse strings
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31129: Aug 26, 2022 04:45:02 pm
      No but they hold the purse strings

But they don’t make the choice about players values etc - the budget is set for Ward to work within
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8643 
      Reply #31130: Aug 26, 2022 04:55:36 pm
      Who did we sell in Jan to bring in Diaz 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn't this be part of the summer transfer fund with the deal being brought forward?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31131: Aug 26, 2022 05:04:27 pm
      Wouldn't this be part of the summer transfer fund with the deal being brought forward?

No idea 🤷‍♂️ every chance it could have been
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,659 posts | 7151 
      Reply #31132: Aug 26, 2022 05:20:39 pm
      No idea 🤷‍♂️ every chance it could have been

ha ha ha what a joker.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #31133: Aug 26, 2022 05:23:32 pm
      Good very well be one of the situations

Or that the player they want they can’t get right now

Ward etc don’t spend for the sake of it and we know they only spend on the player they want - why can’t this be the case

Spending "for the sake of it."  Is a straw man. Of course you only want to buy someone if the right quality, mentality,.personality. Jürgen did make it sound like they are looking pretty serious into something
       A different answer than he was giving before. these last 3 performances along.with the injuries may have changed thoughts on this year's squad
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31134: Aug 26, 2022 06:14:01 pm
      Spending "for the sake of it."  Is a straw man. Of course you only want to buy someone if the right quality, mentality,.personality. Jürgen did make it sound like they are looking pretty serious into something
       A different answer than he was giving before. these last 3 performances along.with the injuries may have changed thoughts on this year's squad

I notice that after reports that Ketia will be out for a period of time the tone of his message to the media has changed. Makes me hope that a move will happen but who knows.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31135: Aug 26, 2022 06:18:47 pm

What’s funny 🤷‍♂️
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,240 posts | 1225 
      Reply #31136: Aug 26, 2022 06:19:20 pm
      Seems to be a shift in emphasis from the manager having said our business is done to now saying we are always working to sign the right players and can't say for sure whether we will add before the window closes.

Could be explained by our poor start and injury crisis, however I do think it's still odds against any further incomings as we are late in the window and there haven't really been any strong links reported. I don't think by any stretch that it would take a world class midfielder to offer a significant improvement over Milner, Keita, Ox or Jones. Just a very good one would do; someone of the right age who is reliable and less injury prone. But clamour seems to be for 'the one' as opposed to a solid improvement who could help us transition.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #31137: Aug 26, 2022 06:19:58 pm

Exactly hence we've spent £5m
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31138: Aug 26, 2022 06:38:15 pm

It’s just impossible to judge what’s going on behind the scene

There is every chance that after Naby getting injured again they have had some different thoughts and looking at the market etc

But for imo the key point is all this thinking etc is being generated by the Transfer team and if it’s a player they want and can get him they will do

The idea that Klopp isn’t backed which some throw around - is complete and utter nonsense 
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31139: Aug 26, 2022 07:45:21 pm
      The idea that Klopp isn’t backed which some throw around - is complete and utter nonsense 

So what does Jurgens "sometimes too expensive" quote mean, and if our 'too expensive' is the same as other clubs 'too expensive'.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31140: Aug 26, 2022 07:46:08 pm
      I notice that after reports that Ketia will be out for a period of time the tone of his message to the media has changed.

He's been kicking grass again
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,209 posts | 3478 
      Reply #31141: Aug 26, 2022 07:46:42 pm
      So what does Jurgens "sometimes too expensive" quote mean, and if our 'too expensive' is the same as other clubs 'too expensive'.

What do you think it means ? It means that some players cost more than what they are worth.

And each team will have its own budget

For example there is no way we would be constantly paying the same fees as Man Utd
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2022 07:51:49 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »

Quick Reply