Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2829824 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #10879: Aug 04, 2013 06:40:23 pm
      Questions I'd like honest answers too.

Are Liverpool Football Club bankrolling The Boston Red Sox?

Where is our Money?

Where are our Owners?
      IMO, We are not bankrolling the Red Sox. For the first few years money has been,one way or the other, taken from FSGs other assets then loaned to us, as off April 2012 they had lent us £70 million.

IMO, Right now we are paying this money back. The money we are paying back is going to pay FSGs debts

As for our owners ? they are watching baseball

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10880: Aug 04, 2013 06:52:08 pm
      « Reply #10909 on: Today at 06:40:23 PM »
      Quote (selected)
      Quote from: RedPuppy on Today at 08:36:19 AM

But what was this £70m loan paid for, includes £50m worth of stadium debt which we were told all acquisition debt was paid off. So in essence this could have just been creative accounting to take £50m out of the club with just a £50m oversight.

Nobody is that dumb to believe that £50m was just an oversight. How much interest we're paying is open to debate because this is an easily hidden number when bounced between different companies.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10881: Aug 04, 2013 06:54:44 pm
      IMO, We are not bankrolling the Red Sox. For the first few years money has been,one way or the other, taken from FSGs other assets then loaned to us, as off April 2012 they had lent us £70 million.

IMO, Right now we are paying this money back. The money we are paying back is going to pay FSGs debts

As for our owners ? they are watching baseball

That is a very interesting point, and one I had not considered.

If you are correct, and I suspect there is a possibility of it, as nothing else adds up, (like our books :roll:), then when we have paid off those debts, I prey, and I never thought I'd say this, that they piss off.

I don't mind this scenario, but I wish people were honest. I can not abide people or establishments who lie.

If they lie, they they do not have my support. EVER.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #10882: Aug 04, 2013 07:13:43 pm
      But what was this £70m loan paid for, includes £50m worth of stadium debt which we were told all acquisition debt was paid off. So in essence this could have just been creative accounting to take £50m out of the club with just a £50m oversight.

Nobody is that dumb to believe that £50m was just an oversight. How much interest we're paying is open to debate because this is an easily hidden number when bounced between different companies.

I honestly don't believe that they are screwing the club for money, the reason we are not spending is because we are paying back the  loans

The money loaned was extra money we needed. The first loan was for general expenses. The second loan was for debt left over from the H/G era.

I do not like the owners, but I do not believe they are trying to screw us over 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #10883: Aug 04, 2013 07:23:33 pm
      I honestly don't believe that they are screwing the club for money, the reason we are not spending is because we are paying back the  loans

The money loaned was extra money we needed. The first loan was for general expenses. The second loan was for debt left over from the H/G era.

I do not like the owners, but I do not believe they are trying to screw us over 

If this is correct, then my take on this would be that they lied when they said that they had paid off the debt by buying the club, when in fact what they had done is buy the debt.

They bought the debt, and as they owned the club, then they could take the clubs profits to pay off the money they had loaned to the same club.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul, is no way to run a business.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #10884: Aug 04, 2013 07:55:18 pm
      If this is correct, then my take on this would be that they lied when they said that they had paid off the debt by buying the club, when in fact what they had done is buy the debt.

They bought the debt, and as they owned the club, then they could take the clubs profits to pay off the money they had loaned to the same club.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul, is no way to run a business.

That does sound very reminiscent of some former owners who also came from the US of A.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      Reply #10885: Aug 04, 2013 08:03:13 pm

That does sound very reminiscent of some former owners who also came from the US of A.

I think it's quite different TBH, where as H&G borrowed from the banks at crazy rates of interest, they had to borrow more to keep things going and as history shows, they lost.

FSG own us, and have possibly lent us money, so we would be in debt to the owners. Thus, there is no 3rd party to hold the club to ransom.

If we could not pay, they'd sell the assets to get the return they'd want.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #10886: Aug 04, 2013 08:52:14 pm
      I think it's quite different TBH, where as H&G borrowed from the banks at crazy rates of interest, they had to borrow more to keep things going and as history shows, they lost.

FSG own us, and have possibly lent us money, so we would be in debt to the owners. Thus, there is no 3rd party to hold the club to ransom.

If we could not pay, they'd sell the assets to get the return they'd want.
      Not a direct comparison of course hence the word reminiscent mate the point of my comment being FSG. circumvent the phenomenon.
      Company growth it goes without saying, is mfinimal under such practice.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2013 08:58:41 pm by stuey »
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #10887: Aug 04, 2013 09:06:36 pm
      I think not turning up yesterday to 'thank' Stevie for all his years of service (and to meet the Olympiacos owner) is quite shameful.  I also distrust the way they are trimming the wage bill - if they are trimming the wage bill, I can't see any big name signings coming in.

Worrying times.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #10888: Aug 04, 2013 09:09:44 pm
      £57m Tv money at current exchange rates $87m  :f_whistle:
      Somebody must pay the piper.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #10889: Aug 04, 2013 09:11:34 pm
      Sorry about the typos on my phone in the ozzy.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #10890: Aug 06, 2013 09:07:26 am
      The wage cull continues with the prospect of two more players (Downing and Skrtyl) leaving both high wage earners.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10891: Aug 06, 2013 09:16:08 am
      The wage cull continues with the prospect of two more players (Downing and Skrtyl) leaving both high wage earners.
      It won't be long before we have players playing for the dole,that should please the owners.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10892: Aug 06, 2013 09:17:25 am

£2m net spend on the back of the premier league's biggest ever TV deal and the clock is ticking, looks like we need to free up some room on the wage bill before we can spend any.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10893: Aug 06, 2013 09:34:49 am
      Zero hour contracts anyone? Seriously, what the absolute F**k are FSG doing!? :mad:

Spend money or sell up!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #10894: Aug 06, 2013 09:38:46 am
      I started this thread, and the very fist post was...

It's official. :D

NESV are the official owners of Liverpool F.C. ;D

Now it's well and truly game on!  :champ:

Now it's all...

Zero hour contracts anyone? Seriously, what the absolute F**k are FSG doing!? :mad:

Spend money or sell up!

How times have changed  :lmao: I have to laugh otherwise I'd cry  :f_wah:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10895: Aug 06, 2013 10:31:50 am
      I'm not sure if it was picked up elsewhere but over the weekend Damian Commoli said that just before he left he told the owners that if they didn't sign more quality players then the better players that lfc had would look to leave, prophetic words indeed...
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #10896: Aug 06, 2013 10:59:26 am
      I'm not sure if it was picked up elsewhere but over the weekend Damian Commoli said that just before he left he told the owners that if they didn't sign more quality players then the better players that lfc had would look to leave, prophetic words indeed...

Yes, they're chucking the baby out with the bath water. Lose our quality players and we'll struggle to sign quality players to replace them. Whatever progress we've made over the last year will be wasted.
      It is so depressing. We are supposed to be building, I thought that meant a title chasing side. Seems they're intent on building a solid mid table side.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #10897: Aug 06, 2013 11:54:08 am
      Can't wait to see FSG leave.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #10898: Aug 06, 2013 12:06:26 pm
      You and me both

We can all take their party line on board about it being a long term plan of cost cutting to enable us to compete eventually, but I'm going with my gut instinct, and I smell a rat.

Wage cut by all means, but FFS how's about ploughing some coin to back the manager! In my book, FSG have about 26 or 27 days to convince me they are serious about being able to compete with anyone in the transfer market. If things stay like they are, they can get out, pronto.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #10899: Aug 06, 2013 12:17:51 pm
      You and me both

We can all take their party line on board about it being a long term plan of cost cutting to enable us to compete eventually, but I'm going with my gut instinct, and I smell a rat.

Wage cut by all means, but FFS how's about ploughing some coin to back the manager! In my book, FSG have about 26 or 27 days to convince me they are serious about being able to compete with anyone in the transfer market. If things stay like they are, they can get out, pronto.

I'm all or living within our means but these guys take the biscuit, we have slashed so much money and generated so much money only for the manager to be given a net spend of £2 million.

My gut tells me the shareholders/Investors are getting paid first fom the cash cow & once they have gotten back what's was paid for the club then Bingo! We're gonna be sold.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #10900: Aug 06, 2013 12:20:01 pm
      You and me both

Ive said from Day One what will happen under FSG, there here to make money not lose it. There's no chance there in it for the long haul now, hence the stall on the Stadium issue. What they have done is steady the ship, got some good deals put in place i.e the Warrior sponsorship and made the club a whole lot more marketable/ sellable. If we really want to kick on to a league winning team where going to need owners who are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money and that are in it for the long haul, the stadium issue is the key part.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #10901: Aug 06, 2013 12:21:02 pm

Quick Reply