Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756403 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22747: Jul 18, 2017 12:24:50 pm

Dr klopp will see you now
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22748: Jul 18, 2017 12:34:59 pm
      Anyone seen that twatter footage of the gaffer and the players ignoring the fans while getting on a coach in Liverpool?

Can't tell when it was taken, as I think Lucas is first getting on the coach in the scene,

Don't know if this is some sort of policy now, but Firmino flat out refuses by waving his hands as if to say no, and Klopp looks well awkward as he ignores the people trying to get an autograph.

In the clip, somebody says 'please Daniel' to Sturridge and he's the first one who doesn't ignore and signs the memorabilia. Him and Milner signed and perhaps broke this policy (even if it is policy) - the rest of the squad flat out ignored the fans, and they all IMHO look pretty embarrassed.

Talk about building a divide, it was pretty sad to see these people get ignored like that - can only think it some sort of FSG policy.

EDIT: Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/LaurenceNew/status/886998238255034368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1102964-liverpool-fans-furious-with-the-clubs-policy-regarding-players-signing-autographs

Not the first and certainly not the last team to do so.

That said, given that players spend 90% of their time well away from the public, when they do have a brush with the general public it really wouldn't take much to sign a few autographs here and there for all the time it would take. And at the end of the day it's we who puts them there what with buying tickets, merchandise, tv package deals etc. As if there isn't a big enough distance between player and supporter!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22749: Jul 18, 2017 01:46:54 pm
      It's from last season, not signing autographs outside the training ground because it's too crowded and a danger to have so many people there? Have we not been over this?

It's a wind-up mate.
      As posted earlier, the mancs and the bitters are all over it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #22750: Jul 18, 2017 05:04:07 pm
      Anyone seen that twatter footage of the gaffer and the players ignoring the fans while getting on a coach in Liverpool?

Can't tell when it was taken, as I think Lucas is first getting on the coach in the scene,

Don't know if this is some sort of policy now, but Firmino flat out refuses by waving his hands as if to say no, and Klopp looks well awkward as he ignores the people trying to get an autograph.

In the clip, somebody says 'please Daniel' to Sturridge and he's the first one who doesn't ignore and signs the memorabilia. Him and Milner signed and perhaps broke this policy (even if it is policy) - the rest of the squad flat out ignored the fans, and they all IMHO look pretty embarrassed.

Talk about building a divide, it was pretty sad to see these people get ignored like that - can only think it some sort of FSG policy.

EDIT: Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/LaurenceNew/status/886998238255034368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1102964-liverpool-fans-furious-with-the-clubs-policy-regarding-players-signing-autographs

Yep, seen it on another forum, it's supposed to be from an away game last season, it's outside the team's hotel, think the club have got strict on basically the middle-aged ebay sellers!

Still don't think there is a divide there though as players still sign plenty of stuff coming out of Melwood and Anfield at the end of the game, plus most of the players still seem pretty approachable.

This has been released to moan about LFC signing all sorts in Hong Kong on a pre-season tour, yet cant sign stuff before a game at the team hotel.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22751: Jul 18, 2017 10:35:25 pm
      Will they be remembered for being the major party that causes the steep decline of the club. Looking at the way things are going in the last 8 years, looks like so to me. They are simply enjoying the fruits of the 70s and 80s. Let's be honest with ourselves, they will not buy any players more than 40 mil. So, let's stop hoping., that will be less painful.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22752: Jul 19, 2017 12:53:22 am
      Will they be remembered for being the major party that causes the steep decline of the club. Looking at the way things are going in the last 8 years, looks like so to me. They are simply enjoying the fruits of the 70s and 80s. Let's be honest with ourselves, they will not buy any players more than 40 mil. So, let's stop hoping., that will be less painful.

And yet under they're tenure we got closer to the PL title than we ever did under anyone else, odd.

This post is bad, real bad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #22753: Jul 19, 2017 03:49:09 am
      And yet under they're tenure we got closer to the PL title than we ever did under anyone else, odd.

And that's a tenous link at best!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #22754: Jul 19, 2017 05:42:10 am
      why is that bullshit about the autographs even in this thread? gossip for the woman's weekly rags please
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22755: Jul 19, 2017 12:18:29 pm
      And that's a tenous link at best!

I was going to go on a rant about the dog of a team we had in the 90s, and how the tearing down of the boot room was a more obvious indication along with this FSG=Satan nonsense being blown out of proportion... But I'm a little tired of repeating myself.

If we end up getting Keita and VvD I'll be using quotes like that one and writing the mother of all posts about the state of our fan base and how it's embarrassing to see grown men and women throwing all their toys out of the pram.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #22756: Jul 19, 2017 03:06:52 pm
      I was going to go on a rant about the dog of a team we had in the 90s, and how the tearing down of the boot room was a more obvious indication along with this FSG=Satan nonsense being blown out of proportion... But I'm a little tired of repeating myself.

If we end up getting Keita and VvD I'll be using quotes like that one and writing the mother of all posts about the state of our fan base and how it's embarrassing to see grown men and women throwing all their toys out of the pram.

Yeah but going on about finishing second under FSG is a F***ing bit embarrassing don't you think! It's the same as finishing second in 2009 and 2002.

If we end up getting VVD & Keita you write your post, I'll be enjoying going to every home game this season and supporting the team ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22757: Jul 19, 2017 04:11:00 pm
      Yeah but going on about finishing second under FSG is a F***ing bit embarrassing don't you think! It's the same as finishing second in 2009 and 2002.

If we end up getting VVD & Keita you write your post, I'll be enjoying going to every home game this season and supporting the team ;)

Not embarrassing no, but does show that posters doomsday prophesy to be bullshit as does us getting back into the Champions League.

Good on you mate, wish I was able to do the same.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22758: Jul 19, 2017 06:31:16 pm
      Not embarrassing no, but does show that posters doomsday prophesy to be bullshit as does us getting back into the Champions League.

Good on you mate, wish I was able to do the same.

Doom and gloom for me is averaging 6th in the League

Right now I'm not confident we will get either Keita or VVD. To be brutally honest I don't expect either one to be wearing a Liverpool shirt this season
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #22759: Jul 20, 2017 01:59:43 am
      Doom and gloom for me is averaging 6th in the League

Right now I'm not confident we will get either Keita or VVD. To be brutally honest I don't expect either one to be wearing a Liverpool shirt this season
      Really going out on a limb there aren't you.  One player whose club has insisted that their player is not for sale since day one of the close season.

Then another that last year signed a six year contract.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22760: Jul 20, 2017 05:11:55 am
      Really going out on a limb there aren't you.  One player whose club has insisted that their player is not for sale since day one of the close season.

Then another that last year signed a six year contract.

Both are odds on to come here at the bookies VVD 1/2 Keita 1/6.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #22761: Jul 22, 2017 06:38:09 pm
      When you look at City and how they do it, no fuc....king messing around. They need full-backs so they go in and get Walker. They bid for Mendy, it gets rejected and then bosh, straight back in with an improved offer and they get their man. Look at Chelsea, they're chasing Lukaku, they think they've got him, they lose out to The mancs, they don't miss a step, little more than a week later, they've bagged Morata. That's how you are supposed to do it. We're an embarrassment in the transfer market.

Compare that to the FSG amatuer hour it's laughable. Great to see us in for Keita but what a farce, they leVe about 2 weeks between each bid, allow the whole thing to play out in the press and I bet we don't get the lad And by then it's too late. Apparently a third and final bid is about to come, why the wait? Just bid. If they say no fuc...k it, move on to the next target.

Hopeless.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017 08:18:55 pm by Scottbot »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #22762: Jul 22, 2017 08:54:45 pm
      When you look at City and how they do it, no fuc....king messing around. They need full-backs so they go in and get Walker. They bid for Mendy, it gets rejected and then bosh, straight back in with an improved offer and they get their man. Look at Chelsea, they're chasing Lukaku, they think they've got him, they lose out to The mancs, they don't miss a step, little more than a week later, they've bagged Morata. That's how you are supposed to do it. We're an embarrassment in the transfer market.

Compare that to the FSG amatuer hour it's laughable. Great to see us in for Keita but what a farce, they leVe about 2 weeks between each bid, allow the whole thing to play out in the press and I bet we don't get the lad And by then it's too late. Apparently a third and final bid is about to come, why the wait? Just bid. If they say no fuc...k it, move on to the next target.

Hopeless.

Patience is a virtue
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #22763: Jul 22, 2017 09:30:51 pm

Hopeless.

Can't argue with that
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #22764: Jul 22, 2017 09:41:04 pm

It's a virtue that close to running its course for me.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22765: Jul 22, 2017 10:22:27 pm

I was close to getting the ride tonight, but I didn't get it, so counts for little.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22766: Jul 22, 2017 10:34:04 pm
      I was close to getting the ride tonight, but I didn't get it, so counts for little.

:lmao: Well I suppose when you look at it that way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #22767: Jul 23, 2017 06:43:11 pm
      Heard the club suits have been sending solicitor's letters to the Hat, Scarf or a Badge shop over the use of "their" Liverbird.

Must be getting their knickers in a twist, what with the new megastore opening soon, can't have any competition now can we?

From facebook.

Michael Deane

Anyone who has been on our website lately will have noticed we are quite low on stock,a few months ago Liverpool fc got in touch with us about us using the Liverbird on our t shirts as they own the trademark,they have been ok up to now as we feel the bird is the symbol of our great city,we have had a number of meetings and discussions about us being able to carry on doing what we do,we have explained the lads who buy from us probably don't set foot in the club shop apart from buying kits for their kids
      They did speak about doing a colaboration with us but then thought it would not appeal to their customers,so we are trying to sort this out the best we can but we may have to stop doing certain designs,one being favourite bit of kit,which would not surprise me if the club do something similar as they seem to like that design
      We won't go away easy though they want us to license anything we do with their liverbird on so they will then take a percentage of our sales
      So basically we would have to increase our cost which would probably result in us losing customers
      Once again big business trying to squeeze every penny they can from their brand
      We hope you understand our position but if they take us to court they have much deeper pockets.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2017 09:06:10 pm by HUYTON RED »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22768: Jul 24, 2017 02:05:30 am
      http://www.arabnews.com/node/1133806/business-economy

Doesn't look like China everyone ... it looks a bit different .

This was under the radar  .........

LONDON: Amanda Staveley, the financial entrepreneur who has done deals worth billions of dollars in the Arabian Gulf, is considering deals involving two English Premier League football clubs, Arab News can reveal.

In an exclusive interview in London, Staveley — who runs the $28 billion private equity fund PCP Capital Partners — said that she thought the multibillion-dollar English football business was “an attractive investment.” PCP is an investment vehicle for sovereign investors in the Arabian Gulf and Asia.

Staveley has extensive experience of the world of football. She was involved in an ultimately aborted 2007 deal that saw Dubai investors attempting to buy Liverpool football club; and in 2008 she advised the vendors of Manchester City in the £210 million purchase of the club by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan of Abu Dhabi.

Staveley declined to identify the clubs she is interested in, but they are believed to be Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

A potential deal for Liverpool is believed to be the more advanced.

Last year, a £1 billion bid was halted after news of an approach by Chinese investors leaked prematurely. The current owner, the US-based Fenway Sports Group, insisted the club is not for sale. But a new higher offer might succeed, according to people familiar with the situation.

The other possible acquisition is of Tottenham Hotspur, the north London club. There have been tentative talks with the club’s owners but any potential offer is thought to be some way off, sources told Arab News. There is no certainty either deal will materialize.
      Tottenham is in the middle of building a new £800 million stadium and any sale is thought unlikely until after that is completed. The owner, Bahamas-based billionaire Joe Lewis, is thought to have put a £2 billion price tag on the club after its new stadium opens.
      Tottenham recently denied it was in talks with a fund invested by Facebook owner Mark Zuckerberg for a £1 billion takeover.
      Staveley also talked of her enthusiasm for the opportunities offered by the transformation underway in Saudi Arabia, with the initial public offering of Saudi Aramco worth an estimated $100 billion scheduled for next year, and an additional $200 billion privatization program in the Kingdom.
      “There are lots of things we want to do in Saudi Arabia. Technology investment is a big opportunity for us, and PCP has got a big Shariah-finance side,” Staveley told Arab News.
      “I’m very excited about what is happening in Saudi Arabia. There are big opportunities in infrastructure, funded by local bonds. We’ve done $7 billion to date in the Gulf in bond deals.”

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2017 02:11:46 am by MIRO »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22769: Jul 24, 2017 07:41:59 am
      Heard the club suits have been sending solicitor's letters to the Hat, Scarf or a Badge shop over the use of "their" Liverbird.

Must be getting their knickers in a twist, what with the new megastore opening soon, can't have any competition now can we?

From facebook.

Nothing like some friendly competition, unless corporate capitalism is involved.

Quick Reply