Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644346 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22908: Aug 14, 2017 07:32:47 pm

I think he thinks you're a square. 

Or maybe a rectangle.

Sh!t that's harsh!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22909: Aug 14, 2017 11:12:41 pm

Probably for the best if you don't see it 🖕🖕🖕
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22910: Aug 14, 2017 11:56:19 pm
      Out of interest why don't they use this same "model" with their baseball team ie buy young emerging stars raise their profile and sell them? is it a case of them hating LFC and deliberately just want to see it limp along, you see I just don't believe that because their end game is to raise the clubs profile so that they can sell it on for as big a profit as possible OR invest in the long term in which case they obviously want to achieve success. Either way you do NOT sell your top box-office talent and replace it with junior players, which means losing position in the league and consequently position on the world stage affecting marketing revenues, resale value etc. It simply makes no sense from a sporting, or financial point of view.
      BTW we know from the Baseball side that these guys aren't idiots and that they know how to win and how to increase revenues etc so unless they are closet manure fans it makes no sense to sabotage the team. No I think the problem here is a lack of a top notch DOF, someone to really dictate the transfers, to make sure Klopp has several options each window and that we get a deal done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The Red Sox are actually run in a pretty similar way. In fact, there 2004 team won the World Series using Moneyball tactics - using non-traditional metrics to identify targets which were "good deals" - not buy now players. Think of it as if they saw Coutinho was playing more key passes than any other player at Inter and had the most successful dribbling rate - but on a whole he looked sh*t to others and was out of the good wishes of management there. They see a good gamble in that and think with the right training, that player is a great investment.

The difference between the Red Sox and Liverpool is not with the owners willingness to spend or not spend money, it's with the personnel they had in place. They had Theo Epstein as their GM and he was/is an incredibly talented back office man who wasn't begging for tons to spend, was willing to let go of some of the stars they had, and knew how to properly identify and acquire targets that would fit into a bigger picture mentality. He went on to do it with the Chicago Cubs as well giving them their first World Series win in over a century.

There's a lot of parallels you can draw to the way the Red Sox were/are run and the way we are run. The differences are in the talent of the personnel we have and in the differences of the structures/regulations between MLB and EPL.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22911: Aug 15, 2017 12:25:56 am
      The Red Sox are actually run in a pretty similar way. In fact, there 2004 team won the World Series using Moneyball tactics - using non-traditional metrics to identify targets which were "good deals" - not buy now players. Think of it as if they saw Coutinho was playing more key passes than any other player at Inter and had the most successful dribbling rate - but on a whole he looked sh*t to others and was out of the good wishes of management there. They see a good gamble in that and think with the right training, that player is a great investment.

The difference between the Red Sox and Liverpool is not with the owners willingness to spend or not spend money, it's with the personnel they had in place. They had Theo Epstein as their GM and he was/is an incredibly talented back office man who wasn't begging for tons to spend, was willing to let go of some of the stars they had, and knew how to properly identify and acquire targets that would fit into a bigger picture mentality. He went on to do it with the Chicago Cubs as well giving them their first World Series win in over a century.

There's a lot of parallels you can draw to the way the Red Sox were/are run and the way we are run. The differences are in the talent of the personnel we have and in the differences of the structures/regulations between MLB and EPL.

I think more than anything you don't have transfer fees, you don't need to spend big money up front; everything is structured if you want to dump payroll you sell off your players contracts and get off the hook. If you want to move ahead you can buy up player contracts and again not really be on the hook for them other than that particular year.

You have a luxury tax and money is spread throughout the league pretty equally. The teams that always do poorly are down to management in place, not necessarily because they lack money.

Moneyball ideas work wonderful in baseball, they don't translate into world football.

You can play the system and be smart and win in baseball....you can be smart and do everything in the system right with football and never win.

In one of the first interviews that JWH gave he talked about a flaw in the system that they thought they could exploit in regards to FFP coming into play.

Unfortunately unlike a league where rules are enforced within one country, FIFA can't manage to implement FFP across Europe and it's massively failed with the exception of a headline here or there to make it look like they are actually enforcing it.

So in truth the reason FSG....then NESV bought the club in the first place never happened and they are not financially capable of matching wallets with the big boys.

9th richest club in the world it may show on paper but the truth is we are for more similar in real spending power to Spurs, Dortmund & Roma then we are too United, Barcelona & Bayern, hence the trouble dealing with us in terms of structured payments, upfront money...etc..etc
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2017 12:36:53 am by AZPatriot »
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #22912: Aug 15, 2017 02:52:28 am
      So sick of FSG. So sick of every time they get criticised people go "ohh but remember they saved us"

They're quite clearly taking the piss now every transfer window. You mean to tell me that the near £60 that I pay every other week to go the match a long with 50 thousand odd others and they don't even have the decency to buy a half decent centre half. It beggars belief, it really dose.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22913: Aug 15, 2017 03:23:02 am
      It is actually unreal that we have people who believe that this lot are good owners when it comes down to on the pitch ambition. The level of ambition that should suit this club I am talking when I say that. They're nowhere near.

Crazy!

What the actual f**k?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #22914: Aug 15, 2017 03:43:23 am
      It is actually unreal that we have people who believe that this lot are good owners when it comes down to on the pitch ambition. The level of ambition that should suit this club I am talking when I say that. They're nowhere near.

Crazy!

What the actual f**k?

One thing I can think we all agree on, no more F***ing yankee owners. To me, the business these yanks conduct is pure poison, greed, selfish assholery!

We must be the unluckiest bas**rds ever when it comes to owners, we laugh at united, we laugh at their yankee owners, but they are spending money, we have had two groups of the bas**rds and got screwed each fecking time.

F**k AMERICA! bas**rds!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22915: Aug 15, 2017 03:46:47 am

We love you too  :-*
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #22916: Aug 15, 2017 03:55:00 am

American business folks of course who ruin our club!

Not you, we unfortunate supporters of LFC have to stick together!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22917: Aug 15, 2017 12:05:01 pm
      It was reported that £40M was offered upfront for Keita.

The structured deal of a tenner a year and a box of Dunkin' Donuts wasn't enough to twist the arm.

You don't think any club pays what they bid up front in its entirity do you? It was also reported that we where invited to bid £66 million by Red Bull because that was the figure they'd release the player for and when we did, they rejected it. Someone within that club wanted to play games in a vain attempt to get some media attention.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22918: Aug 15, 2017 02:43:59 pm
      One thing I can think we all agree on, no more f**king yankee owners. To me, the business these yanks conduct is pure poison, greed, selfish assholery!

We must be the unluckiest bas**rds ever when it comes to owners, we laugh at united, we laugh at their yankee owners, but they are spending money, we have had two groups of the bas**rds and got screwed each fecking time.

F**k AMERICA! bas**rds!

You might just get flagged by the FBI for that one.  ;)

I wonder if the British owners aren't filled with poison, greed, or selfishness. Surely the Russians and the Chinese owners aren't either.

Point I'm trying to make here is that this isn't an American issue. There isn't a wholesale lack of understanding by all Americans/American businessmen of how things work with English football clubs. There isn't really any difference between what the true American fans know about the sport and it's culture vs. what the true fans the UK know about it.

This is an FSG issue. I'd appreciate if we could leave it to that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22919: Aug 15, 2017 02:58:22 pm
      Nothing to do with them being American, and everything to do with us not getting first choice targets
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22920: Aug 15, 2017 03:36:04 pm
      Nothing to do with them being American, and everything to do with us not getting first choice targets

Well its partly due to them being American because they don't know dick about football.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22921: Aug 15, 2017 03:44:19 pm
      Well its partly due to them being American because they don't know dick about football.

Seems to be quite common.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #22922: Aug 15, 2017 03:51:50 pm

I think you two need to get a room.  :roll:
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #22923: Aug 15, 2017 04:40:59 pm
      One thing I can think we all agree on, no more f**king yankee owners. To me, the business these yanks conduct is pure poison, greed, selfish assholery!

F**k AMERICA! bas**rds!

Quite. Guy to blame is David Moores, the prat who reneged on the deal with the arabs for a few measly £million more. The guy was always an idiot and he proved it with his last actions.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22924: Aug 15, 2017 04:49:23 pm
      Ooohhh zing!!!!!! Nice one!! 👍🏼
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #22925: Aug 15, 2017 05:10:33 pm

What about people that indifferent,can't be arsed with whoever the suits/corporate gobshites are that run football clubs and football.And just wanna watch a bunch of guys run around for 90 minutes and hopefully win a game.Henry and co are doing a job sometimes decent,sometimes not.Would it be better with some dodgy chinese,arab,russian dunno but i still like to think there is a connection with the ordinary folk and LFC but that would be gone for me.

Why is everyone from Russia or China deemed dodgy?

Must be some decent wealthy people out there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22926: Aug 15, 2017 06:55:35 pm
      Why is everyone from Russia or China deemed dodgy?
      Maybe because they are Communists?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #22927: Aug 17, 2017 08:17:36 am
      These clowns are a cancer

Barcelona confirm pip deal is almost done. What a joke

Watch us get 120m, spend 80m and pretend like we had a huge window

We are a selling club ffs this should have been our widow, with our previous sales and to revenue, we should have spent 100m plus on new players to really challenge

Instead these owners have now lined their pockets and paid for the Anfield development from player sales
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22928: Aug 17, 2017 08:28:29 am
      This summer was my time to get off the fence one way or another regarding FSG.

Any deals concluded in the last week of this window, especially on the last day are a disgrace. They've had since May to sort these deals out (or any deals) and still haven't. Its negligent for a business of this size to conduct its self in this matter

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22929: Aug 17, 2017 08:48:52 am
      Give or take a few quid since october 2010 heres the transfer workings

2011 in 3 at £73.8 out 3 £50 net = 23.8
      2012 in 8 at £ 34 out 14 at £ 4.7 net = 30
      2013 in 6 at £49.5 out 14 at £6 net = 43.5
      2014 in 8 at £48 out 8 at £25 net = 23
      2015 in 16 at £162 out 13 at £83.5 net  79
      2016 in 6 at £88.8 out 15 at £64.5 net =24.3
      2017 in 9 at £101.9 out 21 at £79.25. Ndt = 22
      2018 to date 3 in at £46 out 5 at £12 net at £34.

Biggest spend in 1 season net is £69.5. Total spend net in 7 years is just over £258.  Average just over 35 million a year.

I
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #22930: Aug 17, 2017 09:22:27 am
      Give or take a few quid since october 2010 heres the transfer workings

2011 in 3 at £73.8 out 3 £50 net = 23.8
      2012 in 8 at £ 34 out 14 at £ 4.7 net = 30
      2013 in 6 at £49.5 out 14 at £6 net = 43.5
      2014 in 8 at £48 out 8 at £25 net = 23
      2015 in 16 at £162 out 13 at £83.5 net  79
      2016 in 6 at £88.8 out 15 at £64.5 net =24.3
      2017 in 9 at £101.9 out 21 at £79.25. Ndt = 22
      2018 to date 3 in at £46 out 5 at £12 net at £34.

Biggest spend in 1 season net is £69.5. Total spend net in 7 years is just over £258.  Average just over 35 million a year.

I

never going to able to regularly compete with those records, regardless of manager

Quick Reply