Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2647012 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23529: Oct 31, 2017 09:04:02 pm
      Have they, and how much success has it brought them compared to us?
      We have had no success under them since the league cup!

Exactly
      Hey stalker, where did the loan come from?

That new stand they built has scored so many goals for us hasn't it? I'd rather they spend that money building a title winning team first, but hey, I'm actually a Liverpool fan!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #23530: Oct 31, 2017 09:32:38 pm
      We have had no success under them since the league cup!

Exactly
      That new stand they built has scored so many goals for us hasn't it? I'd rather they spend that money building a title winning team first, but hey, I'm actually a Liverpool fan!

If they had built the stand they may just have gotten an iota of credit, as we all know LFC were loaned the money by FSG, the iota of credit is not deserved.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #23531: Oct 31, 2017 09:41:32 pm
      I think we can forget number 19 ever coming to Anfield while we have FSG as owners.How can FSG ever condone so many F**k ups in the transfer market as we have witnessed since they bought(stole) the club.What saddens me is after supporting the REDS for 70 years is we do not appear to be no nearer to winning number 19.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23532: Oct 31, 2017 10:16:45 pm
      OK    One plus point for F.S.G.

They didn't sell out the new stand for naming rights.

They agreed to the best name they could.     

The King.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #23533: Oct 31, 2017 10:27:32 pm
      We were in for both Keita and VVD at about 70mill a piece this summer, or some such.
      OK, neither arrived for August, but apparently the money was there and that was not the blocker.
      Do people hold them responsible for not signing guys in window just gone? Not sure why tbh, but might be missing something..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #23534: Oct 31, 2017 10:41:07 pm
      We were in for both Keita and VVD at about 70mill a piece this summer, or some such.
      OK, neither arrived for August, but apparently the money was there and that was not the blocker.
      Do people hold them responsible for not signing guys in window just gone? Not sure why tbh, but might be missing something..

Sure the recent anger is to do with remarks getting made regarding the sale of Coutinho in January and Klopp getting all the money to spend.

Hence the conspiracy theories on whether we actually did have £200 million to spend last summer.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #23535: Oct 31, 2017 10:48:11 pm
      Sure the recent anger is to do with remarks getting made regarding the sale of Coutinho in January and Klopp getting all the money to spend.

Hence the conspiracy theories on whether we actually did have £200 million to spend last summer.

OK. Well I guess there's no way to 'prove' it either way ... so we can just keep arguing amongst ourselves :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #23536: Oct 31, 2017 11:34:39 pm

"Apparently the money was there", getting a bit tired and frayed that FSG placation is mate, how many times has it been used following the failure to sign targets?

Not talking about the window just gone as you mention but previous seasons gone with the same failure to sign targets and the same half arsed placation, "apparently the money was there".

Winning one league cup in 8 years when apparently the money was there to achieve much more does defy belief.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23537: Nov 01, 2017 03:30:51 am
      Have they, and how much success has it brought them compared to us?

So you're not bothered!

What's wrong with you?

Over five years Everton have made £660 million less than us but still managed to find more money for transfers (net).

We have made 2/3rds of a Billion Pounds more than them but somehow they have managed to find more money to put into their team than us.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #23538: Nov 01, 2017 03:37:32 am
      "Apparently the money was there", getting a bit tired and frayed that FSG placation is mate, how many times has it been used following the failure to sign targets?

Not talking about the window just gone as you mention but previous seasons gone with the same failure to sign targets and the same half arsed placation, "apparently the money was there".

Winning one league cup in 8 years when apparently the money was there to achieve much more does defy belief.

Yep, a bit like saying  " your cheque's in the post'

WAS the money really there though, was it ?
      Can anyone be %100 certain it was ?  No no one can, so begs the question, then where the F**k is it, cos, as far as i am aware most managers Will spend and strengthen their squad especially going into a major European competition and on the periphery of having a big say in a domestic league campaign, but ours didn't, not fully,
      So is it down to Jürgen not buying the specifc tools required or is it because the money to buy specific tools wasn't made available, does anyone know for absolute certain??

I smell fish ppl, a fishy smell we've smelt before..... tell ya something though...something aint right  !!

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23539: Nov 01, 2017 06:44:34 am
      So you're not bothered!

What's wrong with you?

Over five years Everton have made £660 million less than us but still managed to find more money for transfers (net).

We have made 2/3rds of a Billion Pounds more than them but somehow they have managed to find more money to put into their team than us.

Again I ask how much success that has brought them compared to us, in the league and Europe.
      The owners have and are fixing the fundamental issues with the club, which when they took over were a under utilised commercial side and an inadequate stadium. They have also invested in academy and training facilities. As a result of this the club, which was on the brink of bankruptcy when they bought it, is now in very good health and revenues are going up and up. The consequence of that is that there is more money available for transfers if the manager wants to spend it.
      Would I like to see us spending money on transfers like psg, Manure and Citeh do, sure I would, but only if the club spends money within its means and unfortunately at the moment we aren't even close to the size of those 3 clubs in terms of transfer budget.
      You guys need to realise that and stop hating the owners.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23540: Nov 01, 2017 10:02:18 am
      Again I ask how much success that has brought them compared to us, in the league and Europe.
      The owners have and are fixing the fundamental issues with the club, which when they took over were a under utilised commercial side and an inadequate stadium. They have also invested in academy and training facilities. As a result of this the club, which was on the brink of bankruptcy when they bought it, is now in very good health and revenues are going up and up. The consequence of that is that there is more money available for transfers if the manager wants to spend it.
      Would I like to see us spending money on transfers like psg, Manure and Citeh do, sure I would, but only if the club spends money within its means and unfortunately at the moment we aren't even close to the size of those 3 clubs in terms of transfer budget.
      You guys need to realise that and stop hating the owners.
      You keep asking what Everton have won - We all know its nothing !

Isn't that a perfect argument why our owner should put more money into the transfer kitty. And having made £660 million more than Everton we should be able to do it.

We were only on the brink of bankruptcy due to the loans taken out on the club by H/G. Running our club in a self-sufficient manner is no big deal. The club has always been self-sufficient, except when over burdened with loans.

The club wasn't under utilising the commercial side. That was something H/G and Ian Ayre sorted out before FSG got here.

The only bit they get full credit for is the stadium extension. 

You should really try supporting the club and stop making excuses for the owners

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23541: Nov 01, 2017 10:13:46 am
      The new stand won't win us trophies, the new academy won't win us trophies. You know what will? Top players!

Less quantity, more quality please!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23542: Nov 01, 2017 11:54:07 am
      You keep asking what Everton have won - We all know its nothing !

Isn't that a perfect argument why our owner should put more money into the transfer kitty. And having made £660 million more than Everton we should be able to do it.

We were only on the brink of bankruptcy due to the loans taken out on the club by H/G. Running our club in a self-sufficient manner is no big deal. The club has always been self-sufficient, except when over burdened with loans.

The club wasn't under utilising the commercial side. That was something H/G and Ian Ayre sorted out before FSG got here.

The only bit they get full credit for is the stadium extension. 

You should really try supporting the club and stop making excuses for the owners

You say its a disgrace that we don't spend more than Everton despite the fact that our squad is worth far more than theirs and we have more success in winning games than them, in other words I have trouble following that argument and you'll need to expand on it for me please.
      BTW as we have always been run well and always exploited commercial opportunities to the max it must also be your assertion that Man Utd have always been a bigger club than us in terms of success, revenues and profits. If not then how do you explain how much richer than us they are these days and how much more success they've had in the last 20 years?
      The fact is that we were in a an absolutely shocking state when FSG bought us and they have turned this club around in a business sense and they have brought in a top football manager to handle the football side of things, they can't really do much more in terms of spending on transfers until the club can generate more money.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #23543: Nov 01, 2017 11:57:45 am
      The new stand won't win us trophies, the new academy won't win us trophies. You know what will? Top players!

Less quantity, more quality please!

Less bullshit would also be a step forward mate, the new stand and the academy while admirable projects in no way compensate for a lack of success on the field of play.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23544: Nov 01, 2017 02:04:08 pm
      This window saw LFC bring in one quality starter Mo' Salah, two players with potential Solanke and Robinson and one bench warmer for £40m  The OX... We paid more for the bench warmer than we did for quality starter...

Does not any one see something wrong here...? Do people not care...? This has all the hallmarks of the Transfer Committee over it....Sorry I maybe wrong, there is always that possibility... But there is No Way that I believe that Klopp has the full and final say in who comes to the club that is down to FSG and their minions...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23545: Nov 01, 2017 02:39:01 pm
      This window saw LFC bring in one quality starter Mo' Salah, two players with potential Solanke and Robinson and one bench warmer for £40m  The OX... We paid more for the bench warmer than we did for quality starter...

Does not any one see something wrong here...? Do people not care...? This has all the hallmarks of the Transfer Committee over it....Sorry I maybe wrong, there is always that possibility... But there is No Way that I believe that Klopp has the full and final say in who comes to the club that is down to FSG and their minions...

OK so in that case you must think that Klopp is a pussy, who is manipulated and/or bullied by the owners and directors. Please tell me, watching him week in week out on the touchline and in interviews what exactly gives you that impression?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #23546: Nov 01, 2017 03:00:16 pm

The Ox is being slowly eased into the team, Klopp is weaning him off the Wenger way & will implement our high octane system, just be a little patient kiddo & touching on the final say, Klopp has it, he blocked the Couthino move, moved on Sakho, refuses to play Markovic,plays Mig's, Lovren, it's the a Boss's call.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #23547: Nov 01, 2017 03:07:08 pm
      The Ox is being slowly eased into the team, Klopp is weaning him off the Wenger way & will implement our high octane system, just be a little patient kiddo & touching on the final say, Klopp has it, he blocked the Couthino move, moved on Sakho, refuses to play Markovic,plays Mig's, Lovren, it's the a Boss's call.

I’d love to think you’re right Shabs.

I must admit I see it slightly different - though it may be semantics only - in that I think he has a veto (at least over incoming).

Committee / scouts alternatives to VVD being a case in point. No thanks - they’re not what I want, I want that guy......

Re Phil i think that was more - no I will not try to replace a player like that in weeks. We need at least 6 months........come back then and I'll get the scouts onto it.

Like I say - not sure there’s a huge difference other than my version still has him being a bit more “re-active” than yours and most of us would like.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23548: Nov 01, 2017 03:38:34 pm
      OK so in that case you must think that Klopp is a pussy, who is manipulated and/or bullied by the owners and directors. Please tell me, watching him week in week out on the touchline and in interviews what exactly gives you that impression?

He claimed that he had total control of the transfers, but I see what you are trying to do here... Turn things in your favor because you thing or believe that I would never slag off Klopp, and if i did you could turn people against me.... Pity that I do not give a F**k... He is passionate about Liverpool there is no doubting that but he is being manipulated, and just like form day one FSG has tried to manipulated the Liverpool fan base... So yes ... He his a pussy for allowing himself to be manipulated....
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #23549: Nov 01, 2017 03:40:37 pm
      Klopp has it, he blocked the Couthino move, moved on Sakho, refuses to play Markovic,plays Mig's, Lovren, it's the a Boss's call.
      Did he not say that if the owners wanted to sell Coutinho that he could do nothing about it...??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #23550: Nov 01, 2017 03:58:04 pm

If that statement about the money being there in the summer has any balls then it should still be in place, added to the Coutinho dosh that is quite some wedge, the porkies are tripping each other up.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #23551: Nov 01, 2017 04:48:03 pm
      Did he not say that if the owners wanted to sell Coutinho that he could do nothing about it...??

Yes but he also would have made it known to FSG the consequences of the sale without replacements in place & his very own future.

Quick Reply