Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643584 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23713: Jan 01, 2018 01:55:31 pm
      With Coutinho going to Barca the VVD signing actually means nothing to me.

It's the same old story, get a massive signing congratulate the owners for spending big (I made this mistake) and then sell big to make sure there is no significant net spend.

Great stuff.
      Why are you going thread to thread saying that he has left?

Are you assuming or do you know something we don’t? Please tell me it’s the former.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #23714: Jan 01, 2018 02:02:04 pm
      Why are you going thread to thread saying that he has left?

Are you assuming or do you know something we don’t? Please tell me it’s the former.

No I am no ITK. And sorry should have said just my opinion but it seems way too convineint that we get VVD and then his out the squad. Also, he seemed to me to be a little emotional when coming off against Leicster and then the whole Nike nonsense.

I just have a bad feeling about this.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #23715: Jan 01, 2018 02:03:29 pm
      I LIKE your reasoning mate, but the only thing that worries me is that Barcelona, as you say could be hit with a transfer ban for tapping up, so they and FSG would want to get this deal over the line before that happens.

All the more reason to dig our heels in, we hold all the cards, why sell for the supposed £130m when its perfectly feasible that could rise another £30m,

Barca can F**k off, if their banned then its win win for us, personally i wouldn't give them the steam of my sh*te, but i hope FSG hold out and hold the fuckers to ransom, i dont want to sell him but feel its inevitable so lets get as much as possible for him, I'd settle for £169m and not a f***in penny less .

YNWA
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #23716: Jan 01, 2018 02:04:20 pm
      No I am no ITK. And sorry should have said just my opinion but it seems way too convineint that we get VVD and then his out the squad. Also, he seemed to me to be a little emotional when coming off against Leicster and then the whole Nike nonsense.

I just have a bad feeling about this.
      Just seen the squad mate. I think he’s away.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #23717: Jan 01, 2018 02:10:32 pm
      Or he's done his back again?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #23718: Jan 01, 2018 02:11:01 pm

Thigh apparently. I just don't buy it though.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #23719: Jan 01, 2018 02:13:59 pm
      It's going to be a long month?   
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #23720: Jan 02, 2018 11:47:14 am
      Phil put in a transfer request, the Boss & owners told him knuckle down & earn his move, we have just signed VVD,Kieta & hopefully Lemar, 3 for the price of 1 is great value...

We are replacing quality with quality..
      If we were to get Lemar, I genuinely wouldn't be that bothered about Cout going.  Having Lemar, Keita, Lallana, Salah, Mane & Firmino as options makes us a real force to be reckoned with.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #23721: Jan 02, 2018 08:04:00 pm
      No firm statements from the club on not selling Coutinho like there was in the summer.
      If we're not going to sell him, pls FSG come out with a similarly forceful statement. So everyone knows where things stand.
      Otherwise we'll have this f**king speculation going on all thro January.

At this stage I don't really care if he goes in winter or summer window - yes would miss him on the pitch if he went in Jan and would rather he stayed and played football like he's f**king paid to do - but if he's going to be stinking the place out for the next month, and Barca want to pay a record PL fee, would be OK with that too.

Yes Cou is being a pain in the tits, but the club/owners hold the cards and would really like if they could make their plans clear either way.
      The fact that they haven't made it clear he IS staying, leads me to think he'll go in Jan - otherwise, nip this f**king speculation in the bud now, and let Cou thro his toys out of the pram for a few weeks if he wants, at the end of the day everyone, us, Cou, Barca etc. would know he's going nowhere until the summer.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #23722: Jan 02, 2018 08:38:20 pm
      No firm statements from the club on not selling Coutinho like there was in the summer.
      If we're not going to sell him, pls FSG come out with a similarly forceful statement. So everyone knows where things stand.

At this stage I don't really care if he goes in winter or summer window - yes would miss him on the pitch if he went in Jan and would rather he stayed and played football like he's f**king paid to do - but if he's going to be stinking the place out for the next month, and Barca want to pay a record PL fee, would be OK with that too.

Yes Cou is being a pain in the tits, but the club/owners hold the cards and would really like if they could make their plans clear either way.
      The fact that they haven't made it clear he IS staying, leads me to think he'll go in Jan - otherwise, nip this f**king speculation in the bud now, and let Cou thro his toys out of the pram for a few weeks if he wants, at the end of the day everyone, us, Cou, Barca etc. would know he's going nowhere until the summer.

Seen some stories saying FSG have offered improved contract , captaincy etc take that as you will seems a little like we did our best but he wants to go and thanks for the 130M
      Kopite78
      Reply #23723: Jan 02, 2018 08:43:39 pm
      Seen some stories saying FSG have offered improved contract , captaincy etc take that as you will seems a little like we did our best but he wants to go and thanks for the 130M

I'm not sure it would be up to fsg to offer out the captaincy
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #23724: Jan 02, 2018 08:54:27 pm
      I'm not sure it would be up to fsg to offer out the captaincy
      Think they may have included the manager in that idea just saying its a smokescreen or that they are trying to convince him which I am pretty sure the horse has bolted
      Kopite78
      Reply #23725: Jan 02, 2018 08:59:10 pm
      Think they may have included the manager in that idea just saying its a smokescreen or that they are trying to convince him which I am pretty sure the horse has bolted

Defo a smokescreen. Laying the groundwork for the whole

We did our best but he just wanted to go

I can't see Klopp being up for the  idea of rewarding this disruption to his season by giving it the captaincy.
      He's one for unity and team. I just don't see him giving that unity up or potentially breaking up the spirit by agreeing to give him the captaincy

I don't think Phil is captain material either. Don't think he's want it full time
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #23726: Jan 02, 2018 09:05:33 pm
      Defo a smokescreen. Laying the groundwork for the whole

We did our best but he just wanted to go

I can't see Klopp being up for the  idea of rewarding this disruption to his season by giving it the captaincy.
      He's one for unity and team. I just don't see him giving that unity up or potentially breaking up the spirit by agreeing to give him the captaincy

I don't think Phil is captain material either. Don't think he's want it full time

Agree think it is they will just want maximum  coin now question is have we got a replacement
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #23727: Jan 02, 2018 09:07:38 pm
      We buy someone in June and it's 'Phil will be sold now, F**k FSG'... Doesn't happen. We buy someone in January 'Phil will be sold now, F**k FSG'... When he stays in January it'll change to 'it's only because he's going in the summer, F**k FSG'.

Quite sad
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23728: Jan 03, 2018 03:54:09 am
      How does that work with financial fair play mate?

FFP is finished, it never really had any chance other than a gentlemans agreement

The first time UEFA got taken to court (by PSG supports club)  they folded like a pack of cards

No EU club has to take any notice of FFP
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #23729: Jan 03, 2018 04:56:12 am

Why would they announce their intention publicly?

What if they say he's leaving and Phil does his ACL and he has to stay and then by the time he's fit, Barca have ended their interest and he stays?

What if they say he's leaving and Barca never make a bid? Or they bid peanuts? Then what? We accept a low offer because we already said he's leaving?

Let it play out and stop worrying about it. We all know he's leaving but it's whether that happens now or in the European summer.

Right now we have a side playing well, Phil in fine form and half a season to go where our most talented player is going to be integral to how successful we are.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23730: Jan 03, 2018 05:12:04 am
      We buy someone in June and it's 'Phil will be sold now, F**k FSG'... Doesn't happen. We buy someone in January 'Phil will be sold now, F**k FSG'... When he stays in January it'll change to 'it's only because he's going in the summer, F**k FSG'.

Quite sad

What if he goes in January?
      I think if people said that he would be sold last summer is was on the basis that we bought both Salah and Van Dijk, in end we didn't get VD so we'll never know for sure if he would've been sold then or not.
      Our biggest spending under FSG has always came after the sale of star players, so it's not too much of a stretch to believe that big money is being spent with the knowledge the a lot of it is going to be recouped with the sale of Philippe.
      I would love him to stay, but realistically we can't keep a player that wants to leave, so if he's going  It's important we to spend the money on quality players like Van Dijk, Keita and hopefully Lamar.

FSG and Jürgen have a Job now to convince our Star players that they don't need to leave to further their careers, and that means winning silverware.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2018 06:23:10 am by ORCHARD RED »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #23731: Jan 03, 2018 07:00:33 am
      As much as we want Phil to stay what we want will not matter one iota.The only people who will make the decision if he goes or stays will be the club and Phil himself.I just hope that if Phil leaves the club spend the transfer fee wisely and brings number 19 home quickly
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #23732: Jan 03, 2018 12:48:12 pm
      What if he goes in January?
      I think if people said that he would be sold last summer is was on the basis that we bought both Salah and Van Dijk, in end we didn't get VD so we'll never know for sure if he would've been sold then or not.
      Our biggest spending under FSG has always came after the sale of star players, so it's not too much of a stretch to believe that big money is being spent with the knowledge the a lot of it is going to be recouped with the sale of Philippe.
      I would love him to stay, but realistically we can't keep a player that wants to leave, so if he's going  It's important we to spend the money on quality players like Van Dijk, Keita and hopefully Lamar.

FSG and Jürgen have a Job now to convince our Star players that they don't need to leave to further their careers, and that means winning silverware.

I firmly believe he'll stay, if he goes in summer then it's a full 12 months on from the original claims of FSG crookedness. I don't think they're in the business of risking 12 months. If they wanted to sell Phil to fund other deals, then he'd be sold already. Like you said big spending has come of the back of selling our biggest players, not before and certainly not 12 months before.

Fully agree with the last part mate, we need to start making statements in terms of silverware and Champions League stability. To me we are well on the way however.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23733: Jan 03, 2018 01:26:32 pm
      Chris bascombe saying any sale of Coutinho would be done on Jürgen's sayso and not down to fsg
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23734: Jan 03, 2018 01:28:12 pm
      Selling Coutinho in January would give the message: We don't care about the CL and #4 in the PL. You see how long it takes to install VVD and I expect a rocky start for him just like from Ox when he arrived. Things take time. Even if we could plug in someone new for Cou (Lemar?) it would take weeks to come together and we'd certainly lose points on the way. I can imagine FSG to be that reckless, but not Jürgen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23735: Jan 03, 2018 01:45:17 pm

Quite sad

There has to be a stick to beat them with somewhere ad this is wher
      Selling Coutinho in January would give the message: We don't care about the CL and #4 in the PL. You see how long it takes to install VVD and I expect a rocky start for him just like from Ox when he arrived. Things take time. Even if we could plug in someone new for Cou (Lemar?) it would take weeks to come together and we'd certainly lose points on the way. I can imagine FSG to be that reckless, but not Jürgen.

Why only 4th in the league? We're only a few points off 2nd.

Quick Reply