Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763760 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23897: Jan 07, 2018 07:27:16 pm
      Maybe Klopp has far more respect for the club & himself by not keeping a player who's heart is no longer in LFC..

"...who's heart is no longer in LFC"? My ass. No player has really his heart in LFC, anybody is just one good offer from Real Madrid away to make trouble. This phrase just covers Klopp's and FSG's incompetence to stay patient and strong and make a Keita-like deal. It's like when cowards use phrases like "better bend than break" to cover their deficit.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #23898: Jan 07, 2018 07:31:38 pm
      "...who's heart is no longer in LFC"? My ass. No player has really his heart in LFC, anybody is just one good offer from Real Madrid away to make trouble. This phrase just covers Klopp's and FSG's incompetence to stay patient and strong and make a Keita-like deal. It's like when cowards use phrases like "better bend than break" to cover their deficit.

Yawn. Wake me up when you have something half decent to say.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #23899: Jan 07, 2018 07:48:03 pm
      142 million for a player we spent under 9 on and though hes been good this season clearly no longer wanred to be here. Great deal

You lot can question the owners if they dont spend to replace him but F**k off having a pop at selling him. He did not wamt to be here understand thar.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #23900: Jan 07, 2018 07:56:14 pm
      OK sell player does not what be here not in January would not be better sell player last summer then we got vvd and keita in summer now we weak as team because against park bus teams we still miss that bit magic Phil gives us
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #23901: Jan 07, 2018 07:57:09 pm
      Fsg said he not sale what point keep him for just six months now sell him
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #23902: Jan 07, 2018 08:09:11 pm
      According to the Liverpool Echo, which I believe is a local paper in Liverpool ( I know this as I had to run and get the the Pink about a million times in the 60's)

As of Oct 2017 FSG spent £568m and pulled in £404m...a net of just over £23m per year average,over the 7 years they have owned the club

To the present date. Add in buying VVD for £75m = spend of £643m... add in £142m for sale of Coutinho...money in £546m..

A net spend of just over £103m....bout £14m average per season...over the 7 years....mmmm...make what you will of those figures.

Have always posted about our American owners skinflints
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #23903: Jan 07, 2018 08:33:59 pm
      According to the Liverpool Echo, which I believe is a local paper in Liverpool ( I know this as I had to run and get the the Pink about a million times in the 60's)

As of Oct 2017 FSG spent £568m and pulled in £404m...a net of just over £23m per year average,over the 7 years they have owned the club

To the present date. Add in buying VVD for £75m = spend of £643m... add in £142m for sale of Coutinho...money in £546m..

A net spend of just over £103m....bout £14m average per season...over the 7 years....mmmm...make what you will of those figures.

They said they wouldn't put any money into LFC - if nothing else they are men of their word.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #23904: Jan 07, 2018 11:30:36 pm
      142 million for a player we spent under 9 on and though hes been good this season clearly no longer wanred to be here. Great deal

You lot can question the owners if they dont spend to replace him but f**k off having a pop at selling him. He did not wamt to be here understand thar.

F**k off about having a pop about selling him?

What planet are you on mate?

We asked them to loan him back until the end of the season? That's how much we gave a F**k about what he wanted.

All about the money first from FSG.

Again.

Hey Mr Barcelona can you give us the money now and let us keep him for a bit?

No? Okay just give us the money. 
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #23905: Jan 07, 2018 11:39:39 pm
      Never win anything with these owners next year salah sold or mane if city or real Madrid or PSG come in with big bids sell to buy with these owners
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #23906: Jan 08, 2018 05:28:51 am
      We need F***ing proper Billionaire owners. Never see Barca or Real going after Citeh, Chavs or Manc players (although the Mancs have sh*t and no one will want them) but you get where I'm going with this. They know not to bother with those Clubs because they have no chance. We need to be like that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #23907: Jan 08, 2018 06:35:06 am
      The worst bit about the “sell and loan back” scenario for me is that (presumably) someone within LFC thought it a good idea to let the fans know they’d considered it........

What the actual F**k.....?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #23908: Jan 08, 2018 07:03:11 am
      The worst bit about the “sell and loan back” scenario for me is that (presumably) someone within LFC thought it a good idea to let the fans know they’d considered it........

What the actual f**k.....?

Madness isn't it?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23909: Jan 08, 2018 09:21:39 am

What the actual f**k.....?
      Well we have been told they tried everything to keep him

Apart from saying 'No'
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #23910: Jan 08, 2018 09:48:44 am
      Haven't really spoken on the Coutinho saga from the moment the speculation started in the summer as it's largely futile until something actually happens. 

However, my biggest issue would be unless we've already agreed a deal in principle for a potential replacement, we're going to pay an extra 20-30% in an already grossly inflated market, as everyone knows we've got cash to burn now, meaning we'll get a lot less for our money. 

This leads me to believe we don't intend to invest in a replacement this window.  Either way, it's been badly managed for me.  Seems like the announcement of frozen ticket prices and and the unveiling of VVD were the good news this window to mitigate the loss of Cout. 

If we don't make a marquee signing this window, I'll have grave reservations over the ambitions of FSG (and that's the first time I've really felt this way).  Failure to replace now, means to me that those who've been calling us a "sell to buy" club are actually correct.  That would be a sad state of affairs for our great club and that should mean the owners aren't what we need to take us to the next level to be competing for trophies, and most importantly, the PL.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #23911: Jan 08, 2018 10:29:51 am

What the actual F**k.....?

Or worse still nobody gives a F**k about what the supporters think 'cos they can't do sweet F**k all to affect anything.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #23912: Jan 08, 2018 11:23:37 am
      Haven't really spoken on the Coutinho saga from the moment the speculation started in the summer as it's largely futile until something actually happens. 

However, my biggest issue would be unless we've already agreed a deal in principle for a potential replacement, we're going to pay an extra 20-30% in an already grossly inflated market, as everyone knows we've got cash to burn now, meaning we'll get a lot less for our money. 

This leads me to believe we don't intend to invest in a replacement this window.  Either way, it's been badly managed for me.  Seems like the announcement of frozen ticket prices and and the unveiling of VVD were the good news this window to mitigate the loss of Cout. 

If we don't make a marquee signing this window, I'll have grave reservations over the ambitions of FSG (and that's the first time I've really felt this way).  Failure to replace now, means to me that those who've been calling us a "sell to buy" club are actually correct.  That would be a sad state of affairs for our great club and that should mean the owners aren't what we need to take us to the next level to be competing for trophies, and most importantly, the PL.

Every misgiving anyone could have formed about FSG has manifested itself in it's worst possible form, if we had been stuck with the likes of Hodgson or Rodgers we would be languishing mid-table interminabley; Klopp has pulled us out of the sh*t without spending a fortune as is his way and installed us in a possible CL qualification position.

Even so those well established misgivings are still there, our mingebag owners could have handpicked Klopp for that very reason - he consistently  has the wherewithal to attain an acceptable level of success on a shoestring budget.
      The lifespan of that 'acceptable level of success' does however come under scrutiny and the qualification of that 'acceptable level of  success'.
      For a team like LFC who have tasted success at the highest level an 'acceptable' form of honour does not appease.

FSG wish to downgrade the supporters optimism and aspiration in line with their second tier level of commitment.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #23913: Jan 08, 2018 11:55:26 am
      We need F***ing proper Billionaire owners. Never see Barca or Real going after Citeh, Chavs or Manc players (although the Mancs have sh*t and no one will want them) but you get where I'm going with this. They know not to bother with those Clubs because they have no chance. We need to be like that.

I think its a relationship with Barca that secretly our owers are happy to have. Similar to that of Southampton with Liverpool. Barca are funding our owners vision similarly to how we fund Southamptons constant evolution.

We stood firm for 6 months but Fenway would not have wanted to burn beidges totally with our biggest funder.

The process has already started again with Salah. 2 years from now Fenway might want to fund a move for a goalkeeper from his sale and it will no doubt be Barca who end up with his signature.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #23914: Jan 08, 2018 12:06:29 pm
      We need f**king proper Billionaire owners. Never see Barca or Real going after Citeh, Chavs or Manc players (although the Mancs have sh*t and no one will want them) but you get where I'm going with this. They know not to bother with those Clubs because they have no chance. We need to be like that.

What we need is to calm the f**k down and give these owners chance to reinvest the money. If they don't then serious questions can be asked of them then, but the window is still open, let's see what happens between now and the end of the month before we start marching to Boston with pitchforks. Seriously the hysteria is starting to get out of hand.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23915: Jan 08, 2018 12:18:52 pm
      We need an owner that can prove he was a fan of Liverpool already before he got rich. Or we need a model like in Green Bay where the city owns the club. FSG doesn't give sh*t about this club, period.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #23916: Jan 08, 2018 12:23:29 pm
      We need an owner that can prove he was a fan of Liverpool already before he got rich. Or we need a model like in Green Bay where the city owns the club. FSG doesn't give sh*t about this club, period.

Problem is about the city owning the club is having joe anderson sticking his fat fingers in the pie as unfortunately there is another club in the city apparently,  can't remember the name though
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #23917: Jan 08, 2018 12:46:05 pm
      I hope FSG are watching the unveiling of coutinho at Barca, Watching all the fans stream in to the nou camp to see their new superstar. As they will be watching their tesm win many trophies over the next few years.

While we fight for 4th place every couple of years.

Disgusted by our owners
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #23918: Jan 08, 2018 12:47:25 pm
      What we need is to calm the f**k down and give these owners chance to reinvest the money. If they don't then serious questions can be asked of them then, but the window is still open, let's see what happens between now and the end of the month before we start marching to Boston with pitchforks. Seriously the hysteria is starting to get out of hand.

Give them a chance??

In 7 years they have failed miserably to ''reinvest'' with the Coutinho saga looking ominously similar to the previous F**k ups.
      Klopp is charged with pulling us out of the sh*t on a shoestring since somebody in their wisdom got rid of an acknowledged game saver that Coutinho was.

How can you describe a judgement on 7 years of failure as ''hysteria''?
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #23919: Jan 08, 2018 12:55:48 pm
      Give them a chance??

In 7 years they have failed miserably to ''reinvest'' with the Coutinho saga looking ominously similar to the previous f**k ups.
      Klopp is charged with pulling us out of the sh*t on a shoestring since somebody in their wisdom got rid of an acknowledged game saver that Coutinho was.

How can you describe a judgement on 7 years of failure as ''hysteria''?

some fans are happy with one trophy in 7 years

some fans will give these owners all the time in the world no matter how much they let us down in terms of footballing success

Quick Reply