Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2811285 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23943: Jan 08, 2018 05:10:44 pm
      I am embarrassed by how many so called Liverpool supporter think selling our best players half way through the season was the right thing to do.

Good buy evryone

He's not our best player, Salah is but I get what you are saying. Thing is he had to go. I'm more upset that  we didn't have a deal for a replacement already struck before we allowed him to leave. I'd have told him, you can go as long as we can finish a deal for your replacement. That's the part that burns me. Why aren't we more ruthless...especially when it comes to a team like Barca who are absolute a-holes in how they go about their business.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23944: Jan 08, 2018 06:03:38 pm
      He clearly was willing to do whatever it took to get his move. He faked an injury during the summer and effectively refused to play for us for several very important games. He was being toxic behind the scenes and in the dressing room with his teammates. At some point enough is enough and Klopp clearly reached that point.

If that's true we are just p*ssies. You would counteract and the club has the leverage here, because if C. disappears into the stands till 2022 he's done for any decent club. He won't do that if you promise him just to wait 5 more months and in the meantime play his heart out, materialized in some conditions (goals, assists,..., no talk about it in the locker room,...).

Klopp can't get into people's faces, he's a warm-weather guy. That's why he had to split Weidenfeller/Bürki & Mig/Karius to avoid confrontation and basically hoping the one he doesn't want get's it himself (worked with Weidenfeller btw). As a coach sometimes you need to turn to players and kick their ass. But in Klopp's world the sun is always shining, always progress, always learning, always positives...we will soon see if that strategy works. But I can tell you no other LFC coach would have let C. leave in January in a similiar situation, no one.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #23945: Jan 08, 2018 06:10:59 pm
      Can't believe some of the sh*te in these boards, each to their own but once ppl have calmed down they'll see that no matter what Jürgen or FSG said , there was no amount of persuasion that would make Coutinho stay....HE WANTED TO GO, HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR BARCELONA and his desire to do so outweighed seeing out the rest of the season with LFC,
      No point holding onto a player who has his mind elsewhere, once Barca came back in this window it was inevitable he would go, although admittedly i thought he'd stay until the summer

It had F**k all to do with how much FSG gained financially the money is for transfers not pockets in the boardroom,

Apart from losing Phil my only real gripe is Klopp not insisting that a replacement is signed before Coutinho going, but who knows maybe there will be a arrival before the window closes, just have to wait and see,
      I'm with Brian78, £146m smackeroonies for a player we bought for less than £9m is.....
       ....unbelievable Jeff

YNWA

Why point the finger at Klopp mate for not having Coutinho's replacement set up?

Was there a replacement for Torres?
      Was there a replacement for Suarez?
      Was there a replacement for Sterling?

Different managers all seem to be affected by the same forgetfullness when selling and not replacing sh*t-hot players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #23946: Jan 08, 2018 06:21:44 pm
      Mate

Loads of clubs find themselves in the same position during the winter. Those who want the best for the football team, those who want to give their club the best chance of staying up or winning a trophy simply say "He's not for sale"

Our owner could of said that but they care more about balancing the books than they do us winning trophies

Mate

They did that in the summer, FSG dug their heels quite deep and told them NO he's staying, so you can't say they didn't, like i said it was inevitable this window once Barca came back in for him,
      Coutinho had set his heart in leaving it was only a matter of time, unfortunately for us it was this window,
      It's clear Jürgen tried to keep him even if it was only until the summer, but Phil was adamant he wanted to go this window,

It's a kick in the pants for us mate but Phil's mind was made up probably in the summer when FSG said F**k off,

What is the point of holding a player when he clearly didn't want to be here, other clubs btw were not offered £146m, I'm guessing tho that if they were they would have sold.

YNWA

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,509 posts | 2871 
      Reply #23947: Jan 08, 2018 06:27:37 pm
      Surprised by all the activity in here. To me, this whole Coutinho situation is on Jürgen - he'd obviously rather get rid and have no replacement than have him here and risking squad unity etc and fair play to the man, he gets paid millions to make that call. Only in 6 months time will we be able to tell if it was the right one.

Regarding Coutinho wanting to leave in the first place then yes our owners do come in to the discussion with their lack of ambition etc but in terms of this acute situation right now regarding Coutinho? Nah not for me, I'm sure they left the call with Klopp.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #23948: Jan 08, 2018 06:36:28 pm
      They're sour to be exact. They've fallen in love with the player that they'll not part with him even if there's £10b on the table. The only things that are worth more are seriously your lover, family, your arm and your leg.

Get real. If there's £10b, you could buy more than 3 of the most valuable football clubs in the world according to the Forbes ranking.

The man is gone for good money. Accept it and walk on with hope in your heart. Oh wait, or has their hope left with the man? Suggest they join a Barca forum then!

What a stupid argument he went for £142 million so your point makes no sense
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #23949: Jan 08, 2018 07:00:47 pm
      I am embarrassed by how many so called Liverpool supporter think selling our best players half way through the season was the right thing to do.

Good buy evryone

It's absolutely shocking. Embarrassed for some.

And now this.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/950382434700480512

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/950382773801504768

Seriously what is wrong with some people.

This isn't FSGFC its Liverpool FC.

Some people are just refusing to budge on a stance that they took a long time ago.

Shocking stuff.

So many have been brainwashed and are actually letting themselves accept mediocrity without even knowing it.

Also he went on strike once and that's not even factual. He is injured now.

Doesn't matter anyway as people are actually now trying to convince people that him wanting to go is good enough reason for us to let him go.

So if Barca or anybody come in for Salah in the Summer and he wants to go then it's sound, apparently. And then Bobby and Mane and so on and so on.

Least they all know what to do now to get a move.

Some weird stuff getting posted and a lot of you seriously need to take your heads out of the F***ing sand.

Thank F**k for Klopp, for now that is, as I'll tell you all now, if he goes and that lot are still in charge we will be very lucky to have  a manager even close to his level that is willing to work under them.

I shudder to think what comes next if Klopp goes. For now I pray that despite them he works managerial magic.

I don't use this word lightly but I hate the fact they run us and hate even more how people fall for their sh*te every time.

But ay, the books are sound.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23950: Jan 08, 2018 07:10:57 pm
      Jesus. We even lowered the price? Did the brazilian magican f**k Henry's or Klopp's wife? Also it is said several players didn't go to the camp but for vacation instead. Wow. Are we sure Klopp is still the coach or is he coached by the key players?
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 09:05:13 pm by Pippen »
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #23951: Jan 08, 2018 07:11:25 pm
      If that's true we are just p*ssies. You would counteract and the club has the leverage here, because if C. disappears into the stands till 2022 he's done for any decent club. He won't do that if you promise him just to wait 5 more months and in the meantime play his heart out, materialized in some conditions (goals, assists,..., no talk about it in the locker room,...).

Klopp can't get into people's faces, he's a warm-weather guy. That's why he had to split Weidenfeller/Bürki & Mig/Karius to avoid confrontation and basically hoping the one he doesn't want get's it himself (worked with Weidenfeller btw). As a coach sometimes you need to turn to players and kick their ass. But in Klopp's world the sun is always shining, always progress, always learning, always positives...we will soon see if that strategy works. But I can tell you no other LFC coach would have let C. leave in January in a similiar situation, no one.

Oh you really are clueless, aren't you? This has nothing to do with 'being pussies'.

What message does that send to potential future targets if we keep him in the stands until his contract runs out? Have you thought about that?

"Hey, feel free to join us! But if you do ever decide to leave, we'll put you in the stands for the remainder of your contract and ruin your f**king career!"

Quite the message to send to other players. Do you think they'll want to come here if something like that happens?

It would also be a ridiculous decision to let a £140 million asset rot in the stand and see it's value go down to £0. I said it before, whether we like it or not, the club is also a business that needs to be run. If that's the way you'd run your business, you'd be bankrupt in no time.

And in Klopp's world the sun is always shining? Did you forget what he did to Sakho? Or wasn't that big enough a kick up his ass for you?
      Kopite78
      Reply #23952: Jan 08, 2018 07:12:01 pm
      Also it is said several players didn't go to the camp but for vacation instead. Wow. Are we sure Klopp is still the coach and is he coached by the key players?

Tit
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23953: Jan 08, 2018 07:13:09 pm

And now this.

Some people are just refusing to budge on a stance that they took a long time ago.

Shocking stuff.

So many have been brainwashed and are actually letting themselves accept mediocrity without even knowing it.

Doesn't matter anyway as people are actually now trying to convince people that him wanting to go is good enough reason for us to let him go.

So if Barca or anybody come in for Salah in the Summer and he wants to go then it's sound, apparently. And then Bobby and Mane and so on and so on.

Some weird stuff getting posted and a lot of you seriously need to take your heads out of the f**king sand.

Thank f**k for Klopp, for now that is, as I'll tell you all now, if he goes and that lot are still in charge we will be very lucky to have  a manager even close to his level that is willing to work under them.

I shudder to think what comes next if Klopp goes. For now I pray that despite them he works managerial magic.

I don't use this word lightly but I hate the fact they run us and hate even more how people fall for their sh*te every time.

I agree with you that this is LFC and not FSG, that being said you are seriously taking the word of the Barca's sporting director at face value...knowing how tight fisted FSG are to make a buck?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #23954: Jan 08, 2018 07:17:55 pm

And now this.

Shocking stuff.

Some weird stuff getting posted and a lot of you seriously need to take your heads out of the f**king sand.

Thank f**k for Klopp, for now that is, as I'll tell you all now, if he goes and that lot are still in charge we will be very lucky to have  a manager even close to his level that is willing to work under them.

So we rejected three of their offers in the summer, highest being somewhere in the £100 million region. We sold for a total of £140+ million. So that means that during the negotiations in the summer, we were asking for even more than that and Barcelona's highest offer was still only £100 million? If they wanted him so badly back then, why did they not offer more during the summer? Why is this coming out now? Surely something doesn't add up here?

Had we for example been asking £160 million in the summer and they were still only willing to go £100 million. Why did they suddenly decide to pay the extra £42 million?

Isn't this maybe the money that was paid by Coutinho (Nike) that he is talking about? Barcelona weren't willing to go higher than an initial £105 million fee or something. Coutinho paid the difference between the two numbers to meet FSG's asking price. That's how I understood it?

Could it not be that this is their president (who is under massive pressure by the fans and wants to be re-elected) coming out and bullshitting their fans into saying that they didn't overpay as much as the fans think they did?

I'm in no way protecting the owners here, but this smells like bullshit.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #23955: Jan 08, 2018 07:17:57 pm
      "Hey, feel free to join us! But if you do ever decide to leave, we'll put you in the stands for the remainder of your contract and ruin your f**king career!"

Seriously? Like your stuff mate but this is bollocks.

How about come to Liverpool and a year after signing a contract yiu can f**k off in the middle of the season because you want to.

I guarantee if they didn't spend on VVD in January he'd still be here and we'd be refusing a sale just like last Summer, when Southampton didn't want to sell. That desperate to get him out and get the money back that they even dropped the price and asked Barca not to say anything.

Heads in sand, a load of you.
      « Last Edit: Jan 08, 2018 07:23:30 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #23956: Jan 08, 2018 07:19:36 pm
      So we rejected three of their offers in the summer, highest being somewhere in the £100 million region. We sold for a total of £140+ million. So that means that during the negotiations in the summer, we were asking for even more than that and Barcelona's highest offer was still only £100 million? If they wanted him so badly back then, why did they not offer more during the summer? Why is coming out now?

Could it not be that this is their president (who is under massive pressure by the fans and wants to be re-elected) coming out and bullshitting their fans into saying that they didn't overpay as much as the fans think they did?

I'm in no way protecting the owners here, but this smells like bullshit.

Of course, it's some other imaginary thing that makes our owners come out smelling of roses. Look at what's in front of you.

In fact can't even be arsed. Pissing into the F***ing wind.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #23957: Jan 08, 2018 07:20:23 pm

What the F**k are you on about you f***in retard !!  🤡

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #23958: Jan 08, 2018 07:24:57 pm
      I agree with you that this is LFC and not FSG, that being said you are seriously taking the word of the Barca's sporting director at face value...knowing how tight fisted FSG are to make a buck?

Yes. Think of the profit and what they've just spent.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23959: Jan 08, 2018 07:28:32 pm
      Yes. Think of the profit and what they've just spent.

Barca PR machine in full gear...nuff said WAHS.

It was the 2nd highest transfer fee in history...this from a club that offered 80 million with add on's this past Summer.

Doesn't look to me like we got fleeced..more like Barca trying to save some face with its supporters.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #23960: Jan 08, 2018 07:29:27 pm
      I feel like this thread is like watching this part of Tropic Thunder.

Some of you need to sit back and contemplate what you allow your mind to turn into text on a screen.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wVagQ_LVd4
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #23961: Jan 08, 2018 07:33:59 pm
      Seriously? Like your stuff mate but this is bollocks.

How about come to Liverpool and a year after signing a contract yiu can f**k off in the middle of the season because you want to.

I guarantee if they didn't spend on VVD in January he'd still be here and we'd be refusing a sale just like last Summer, when Southampton didn't want to sell. That desperate to get him out and get the money back that even dropped the price and asked Barca not to say anything.

Heads in sand, a load of you.

That answer was to Pippen whose solution was to put Coutinho in the stands for the remainder of his contract, mate. Something entirely different and that's why I said that.

I'm not happy at all with how it has gone and I'm as frustrated as everyone with the whole deal. But there's a difference between being not happy with how it's gone and thinking it's right to not want a player here who clearly doesn't want to be here (As HammansTheMann worded it I think, I'm in agreement with his post on the matter).

We don't know which promises were made by FSG when Coutinho (who had been here for 5 years already, so different to for example Salah who is in the first year of his deal) signed his contract extension. For example here in Belgium they usually just come out and say that there has been an extension of his contract and that there have been made clear promises that the player is allowed to leave when a good offer comes in. What if they made a similar promise but the initial summer offer wasn't good enough so they decided not to sell and the whole contract extension was just to protect Coutinho's value? Maybe Coutinho was mad because FSG didn't keep up to their promises during the summer? Just guessing here of course.

I don't want our owners to come out smelling like roses. Just trying to make sense of this whole sh*t deal and why it happened now.

If for example it would only be about balancing the books. Surely they could've just waited until the summer to balance the books? Coutinho was going anyway?

However, it is a fact that Barca's president is under massive pressure and I wouldn't put it past him to come out with sh*t like that to justify them paying £142 million on Coutinho.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #23962: Jan 08, 2018 07:34:38 pm
      Jesus. We even lowered the price? Did the brazilian magican F**k Henry's or Klopp's wife? Also it is said several players didn't go to the camp but for vacation instead. Wow. Are we sure Klopp is still the coach and is he coached by the key players?

Obviously in your case smoking blow and typing should seriously not be attempted.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #23963: Jan 08, 2018 07:42:34 pm
      Barca PR machine in full gear...nuff said WAHS.

It was the 2nd highest transfer fee in history...this from a club that offered 80 million with add on's this past Summer.

Doesn't look to me like we got fleeced..more like Barca trying to save some face with its supporters.

Of course it is.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #23964: Jan 08, 2018 07:45:55 pm
      Obviously in your case smoking blow and typing should seriously not be attempted.

Smoked too much of the stuff it seems as he seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      Reply #23965: Jan 08, 2018 07:47:54 pm
      That answer was to Pippen whose solution was to put Coutinho in the stands for the remainder of his contract, mate. Something entirely different and that's why I said that.

I'm not happy at all with how it has gone and I'm as frustrated as everyone with the whole deal. But there's a difference between being not happy with how it's gone and thinking it's right to not want a player here who clearly doesn't want to be here (As HammansTheMann worded it I think, I'm in agreement with his post on the matter).

We don't know which promises were made by FSG when Coutinho (who had been here for 5 years already, so different to for example Salah who is in the first year of his deal) signed his contract extension. For example here in Belgium they usually just come out and say that there has been an extension of his contract and that there have been made clear promises that the player is allowed to leave when a good offer comes in. What if they made a similar promise but the initial summer offer wasn't good enough so they decided not to sell and the whole contract extension was just to protect Coutinho's value? Maybe Coutinho was mad because FSG didn't keep up to their promises during the summer? Just guessing here of course.

I don't want our owners to come out smelling like roses. Just trying to make sense of this whole sh*t deal and why it happened now.

If for example it would only be about balancing the books. Surely they could've just waited until the summer to balance the books? Coutinho was going anyway?

However, it is a fact that Barca's president is under massive pressure and I wouldn't put it past him to come out with sh*t like that to justify them paying £142 million on Coutinho.

He didn't want to be here in the Summer and was desperate to go then. Went on strike,  apparently.

What's changed? The replacement? Not holding my breath.

Or we have VVD and spent 75 million big ones now?

Honestly mate, can't be arsed banging my head against the wall.

Just get behind the manager because, honestly, we're fu**ed without him.

I'm out.

Quick Reply