Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2760777 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23966: Jan 08, 2018 07:49:24 pm
      I agree with you that this is LFC and not FSG, that being said you are seriously taking the word of the Barca's sporting director at face value...knowing how tight fisted FSG are to make a buck?

I completely agree. The fact it fits many a supporter's preconception of FSG rather than any sort of good business sense makes it seem nothing more than another classless attempt to stir the pot and disrupt the club by upsetting supporters.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23967: Jan 08, 2018 07:51:24 pm
      Honestly mate, can't be arsed banging my head against the wall.

Just get behind the manager because, honestly, we're fu**ed without him.

I'm out.

Sage like advice there WAHS.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23968: Jan 08, 2018 08:12:26 pm
      Great profit for sure in the sale of Coutinho, but another way of looking at it is that we've just lost a player worth ÂŁ146 million!
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #23969: Jan 08, 2018 08:20:29 pm
      Great profit for sure in the sale of Coutinho, but another way of looking at it is that we've just lost a player worth ÂŁ146 million!

That’s the point! And people think we’ve got £145 million to spen on an alternative, if that alternative was out out there for cheap would Barca have just got them instead.

Like they’ve said today, they’ve got a superstar, we have just lost another superstar, and replaced him with nothing.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23970: Jan 08, 2018 08:23:51 pm
      That’s the point! And people think we’ve got £145 million to spen on an alternative, if that alternative was out out there for cheap would Barca have just got them instead.

Like they’ve said today, they’ve got a superstar, we have just lost another superstar, and replaced him with nothing.

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23971: Jan 08, 2018 09:16:59 pm
      A club that is not able to enforce its contracts is just like an ATM machine. Ask Dortmund, ask Southampton. And don't come at me with saying we wouldn't get young talent anymore: Of course they could always sign short contracts or they could get in release clauses, no problem at all. And as if that isn't enough we could talk about Coutinho leaving - that was never a real problem - but in the summer and not now. Only retards or p*ssies would do what LFC just did. I'm sorry for preaching the truth here.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #23972: Jan 08, 2018 09:30:45 pm
      A club that is not able to enforce its contracts is just like an ATM machine. Ask Dortmund, ask Southampton. And don't come at me with saying we wouldn't get young talent anymore: Of course they could always sign short contracts or they could get in release clauses, no problem at all. And as if that isn't enough we could talk about Coutinho leaving - that was never a real problem - but in the summer and not now. Only retards or p*ssies would do what LFC just did. I'm sorry for preaching the truth here.

And we're all about to see what happens when you do try to play hardball with players over contracts with Emre Can ... how much are we going to get for him when he goes to Italy? In the real world (you should try visiting there sometime!) clubs cannot hold on to players against their will for longer than a season at the absolute most.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #23973: Jan 08, 2018 09:59:01 pm
      Everybody here saying that we should have kept him against his wishes need a reality check. We are only thinking from our perspective, how bad does the club look if Coutinho and agent go around saying they don’t let you leave, the likes of Keita and Salah would think twice before signing an extension. How many of you would stay at your job against your will, if you were getting offered something bigger and better.

I said it before I’ll say it again the best of the best don’t wanna peak with us right now, we need to show consistency in terms or qualifying ECL and winning trophies before, And it’s a vicious cycle so progress will be slow but we are in the right track, proof, we are much better equipped to lose Coutinho as compared to where we were when Suarez left.

It’s the reality, like it or not
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #23974: Jan 08, 2018 10:02:31 pm
      Everybody here saying that we should have kept him against his wishes need a reality check. We are only thinking from our perspective, how bad does the club look if Coutinho and agent go around saying they don’t let you leave, the likes of Keita and Salah would think twice before signing an extension. How many of you would stay at your job against your will, if you were getting offered something bigger and better.

I said it before I’ll say it again the best of the best don’t wanna peak with us right now, we need to show consistency in terms or qualifying ECL and winning trophies before, And it’s a vicious cycle so progress will be slow but we are in the right track, proof, we are much better equipped to lose Coutinho as compared to where we were when Suarez left.

It’s the reality, like it or not

I don’t think people really wanted to keep him against his will, I think had a decent replacement been found ready for this transfer then everyone would’ve been happy, it’s so clear that we have literally no idea what to do now that we desperatly asked Barca to loan coutinho back, people saying the owners and klopp wanted rid of coutinho but were keen to have him straight back?

Had the club prepared for this properly then people would’ve been happy, if it affects our top 4 hopes this season all that does is give the strange fans who are happy to never achieve anything the ammunition to say we cannot buy decent players due to a lack of champions league.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23975: Jan 08, 2018 10:07:53 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,219 posts | 1386 
      Reply #23976: Jan 08, 2018 10:26:41 pm
      But are FSG going to reinvest all of the Co money. They have, up to date, averaged ÂŁ14m net spend per season in the 7 years they have been here.

Even with the ÂŁ75m paid out I think they should be spending a net ÂŁ100m in this and the next window. That ÂŁ100m is I think the absolute minimum to enable Klopp to compete.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #23977: Jan 08, 2018 10:33:00 pm
      I think its a relationship with Barca that secretly our owers are happy to have. Similar to that of Southampton with Liverpool. Barca are funding our owners vision similarly to how we fund Southamptons constant evolution.

We stood firm for 6 months but Fenway would not have wanted to burn beidges totally with our biggest funder.

The process has already started again with Salah. 2 years from now Fenway might want to fund a move for a goalkeeper from his sale and it will no doubt be Barca who end up with his signature.

That's why as much as I love Mo, I'm not gonna get attached to him as I have, Torres, Luis, Masch at that the time and now Coutinho. They just break your heart. If Salah goes anywhere, I hope it's to Real Madrid. F**k those Barcelona cu*ts. Sick of them.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #23978: Jan 08, 2018 10:38:31 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #23979: Jan 08, 2018 10:40:18 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #23980: Jan 08, 2018 11:01:12 pm
      In other news, sharks are waterproof.

Only Bull Sharks. Most other sharks can’t survive in fresh water so they are in essence, not water “proof”.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #23981: Jan 08, 2018 11:31:13 pm
      Only Bull Sharks. Most other sharks can’t survive in fresh water so they are in essence, not water “proof”.
      Did you know we eat 8 spiders a year? So if you’ve only ate 1 by December 31st, 7 come along at once.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #23982: Jan 09, 2018 01:14:37 am
      I don't trust Barca whatever they say is for their own benefit.   To say that they got a bargain total bollocks.  Coutinho wasn't worth 140m they got ripped off.  And they will realise in time.  He isn't one of the best players in the world, no.  They may be trying to make it out that they have bought the one of the best players in the world for a bargain and that they were willing to pay more because they are a bigger club than Real Madrid or something like that.  I don't care Coutinho has gone ....... end of.   

People that are waving all these figures about net spend.   If you don't like the owners then today is the best day to talk about net spend because we have sold a decent player for more than 150% of the world record transfer fee of 6 months ago.  We have 3 weeks left in this window.  But maybe they decide to spend most of the money which they still have from that deal that they are willing to spend in the summer. 

I for one don't want to us to make panick buys just to keep some of our fans happy.  Good owners will try to make sure that the money is well spent and from this disappointment of a losing a good player we come out stronger.   VVD in and with Keita coming in the summer that is a sign that things are looking better.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23983: Jan 14, 2018 01:35:33 am
      I don't trust Barca whatever they say is for their own benefit.   To say that they got a bargain total bollocks.  Coutinho wasn't worth 140m they got ripped off.  And they will realise in time.  He isn't one of the best players in the world, no.  They may be trying to make it out that they have bought the one of the best players in the world for a bargain and that they were willing to pay more because they are a bigger club than Real Madrid or something like that.  I don't care Coutinho has gone ....... end of.   

People that are waving all these figures about net spend.   If you don't like the owners then today is the best day to talk about net spend because we have sold a decent player for more than 150% of the world record transfer fee of 6 months ago.  We have 3 weeks left in this window.  But maybe they decide to spend most of the money which they still have from that deal that they are willing to spend in the summer. 

I for one don't want us to make panic buys just to keep some of our fans happy.  Good owners will try to make sure that the money is well spent and from this disappointment of a losing a good player we come out stronger.   VVD in and with Keita coming in the summer that is a sign that things are looking better.

Good Post .
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #23984: Jan 15, 2018 10:40:46 pm
      I’m no great fan of these owners.
      However I find it interesting that Man Citeh have pulled out of the Alexis deal partly on monetary grounds. Yes Man Citeh, the richest club in the world.
      Can you imagine the reaction on these boards if we did that for a player we so clearly wanted and had spent months craving? Maybe sometimes we need to chill out a bit and trust in the judgement of the people running the club?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #23985: Jan 28, 2018 12:49:00 pm
      We have won the FA Cup at least once in every decade since the 1960's... except for the current one. There's only one more chance left next season.

I haven't checked but this has probably also been the worst decade in terms of average final league positions
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #23986: Jan 28, 2018 01:21:40 pm
      We have won the FA Cup at least once in every decade since the 1960's... except for the current one. There's only one more chance left next season.

I haven't checked but this has probably also been the worst decade in terms of average final league positions

https://twitter.com/chrismoore32/status/957380424212369408

This says it all.. the culmination of almost a decade of FSG ownership.. how people can still defend them I will never know.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #23987: Jan 28, 2018 01:42:20 pm
      Sooner they do one the better, tried to give them the benefit of doubt, but .....nah not for me..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #23988: Jan 28, 2018 02:52:03 pm

Probably the worst since the 50s

Quick Reply