Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642092 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24058: Feb 20, 2018 01:35:18 pm
      Some might say he doesn't concern himself with LFC either ;D

Mike? Naaah ;D

I don’t think Henry is into LFC at all, but Mike is. He’s more of a private person though that’s why we don’t see him talking to the media as much as the other two, who are silent partners when it comes to LFC.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #24059: Feb 20, 2018 02:15:25 pm
      I'm fed-up with ... "we're nearly there but not there yet". We need an owner that has passion and foresight and long term goals for the club and FSG is certainly not in that bracket. 6 years and going into 7 they're simply happy that we're the top 4 but certainly not willing to spend big to push us over the finishing line. For some reasons and perhaps due to Klopp's and Buvac's brillance that we win something big they'll come out and tell everyone, see I told you our model is working, yes it worked but after 8 long years, the earliest.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24060: Feb 20, 2018 05:12:35 pm
      Why is it irrelevant? If they will break the bank for the baseball team why not for the football club?

They're not breaking the bank though.I can't be arsed with the money sh*te but because they own one business in one market it doesn't mean they have to spend the same amount in another.If they owned a fast food franchise or a cinema chain instead of the redsox would it be an issue?That's why i don't give a F**k about the red sox,same as i don't give as F**k about his car racing team.I don't think they're out to F**k Liverpool over like hicks and gilette were.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24061: Feb 20, 2018 05:45:50 pm
      I'm fed-up with ... "we're nearly there but not there yet". We need an owner that has passion and foresight and long term goals for the club and FSG is certainly not in that bracket. 6 years and going into 7 they're simply happy that we're the top 4 but certainly not willing to spend big to push us over the finishing line. For some reasons and perhaps due to Klopp's and Buvac's brillance that we win something big they'll come out and tell everyone, see I told you our model is working, yes it worked but after 8 long years, the earliest.

So if we do win the Champions League this year, it won't count for anything?

Now THAT is a tough critic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24062: Feb 20, 2018 05:48:34 pm

Spend big??

FSG are not willing to spend at all.
      JWH stated as much as an add on to an earlier statement as he stood on the pitch at Anfield; "we are going to make LFC great again, bring back the glory days" he rambled.

A short time later he amended the statement informing that FSG would not be putting any funds into the club and LFC would generate it's own revenue.

In terms of commitment and Redsox have been mentioned, FSG have spent mult-millions getting them to where they are now, that is commitment.
      « Last Edit: Feb 20, 2018 09:06:08 pm by stuey »
      Kopite78
      Reply #24063: Feb 20, 2018 06:25:23 pm

.I don't think they're out to f**k Liverpool over like hicks and gilette were.

Whilst that is true... Is that all we should judge things by?

They aren't as bad as Hicks and Gillette so sound
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24064: Feb 20, 2018 06:36:16 pm

They're not breaking the bank though.I can't be arsed with the money sh*te but because they own one business in one market it doesn't mean they have to spend the same amount in another.If they owned a fast food franchise or a cinema chain instead of the redsox would it be an issue?That's why i don't give a f**k about the red sox,same as i don't give as f**k about his car racing team.I don't think they're out to f**k Liverpool over like hicks and gilette were.

Of course they are breaking the bank (or intending to). Read their own words. They don't come out and say (or show) that they want to be the most competitive with Liverpool, even though in both arenas, it takes money to compete. You absolutely should care if you are objectively looking at how their actions show that they value the entities they own, LFC being one of those entities.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24065: Feb 20, 2018 06:36:51 pm

I know.

Well doctor says I have Herpes...but hey, at least it's not AIDS!!!

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24066: Feb 20, 2018 06:55:58 pm
      Of course they are breaking the bank (or intending to). Read their own words. They don't come out and say (or show) that they want to be the most competitive with Liverpool, even though in both arenas, it takes money to compete. You absolutely should care if you are objectively looking at how their actions show that they value the entities they own, LFC being one of those entities.

They are operating within the MLB salary caps etc as far as i know.If you've got such a F***ing problem with them i look forward to your demo down at Fort Meyers,first preseason game for the Sox is coming up soon.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24067: Feb 20, 2018 07:03:29 pm

Give me something concrete then? new stand built,anny road is a goer as well,no? The training facilities are getting upgraded and put under one roof,we got the boss we want,the players keep getting upgraded.We all want the F***ing cups inc John Henry.Just how are they F***ing over Liverpool?
      Kopite78
      Reply #24068: Feb 20, 2018 07:16:29 pm

Give me something concrete then? new stand built,anny road is a goer as well,no? The training facilities are getting upgraded and put under one roof,we got the boss we want,the players keep getting upgraded.We all want the f**king cups inc John Henry.Just how are they f**king over Liverpool?

Hang on

That's not what I or you said

:-\
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #24069: Feb 20, 2018 09:02:51 pm

They are operating within the MLB salary caps etc as far as i know.If you've got such a f**king problem with them i look forward to your demo down at Fort Meyers,first preseason game for the Sox is coming up soon.
      It’s Ft. Myers chief and get over yourself.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #24070: Feb 20, 2018 11:36:58 pm
      Between the major networks here in the states, along with the gate and concessions from 82 Home games per year with sellout crowds I don’t think dipping into their own wallets is required to spend the league maximum on the Red Sox.

Also add in that they own their own broadcast vehicle that earns them money from every household that the cable companies subscribe to.

These households don’t even need to watch NESN.  FSG gets a cut from every household that NESN is available to be broadcast in. 

When we see the Red Sox handing out huge contracts every LFC supporter immediately thinks “We’ll where is the money for our club?”

It’s not that simple.  The Red Sox earn their own money.  Just like LFC does.  That is what is spent.  Pretty simple.

The MLB salary restrictions does help them financially in some regard. 

Yes they can go over it but, then they have to pay an overage tax to the league and it is distributed to all of the other teams that meet the minimum spend but not to the teams that meet the maximum spend.

By the way, being from the New York area, I don’t like the Red Sox.  My favorite Red Sox player ever is Bill Buckner.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24071: Feb 21, 2018 12:13:42 am
      im no baseball expert but we are liverpool FC.

That we are.

they just need to invest more and then let JK do the rest. Look at city.

If only it were that simple.

Seems almost dumb to not do it, right? Pump money in and watch the returns flow back in to their pockets.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #24072: Feb 21, 2018 09:20:48 am
      That we are.

If only it were that simple.

Seems almost dumb to not do it, right? Pump money in and watch the returns flow back in to their pockets.

I really need to explain myself better in my posts. what i meant is that we are Liverpool, a big team playing in the most popular league in the world. There is no doubt that football is more popular then baseball in the world.
      So us being Liverpool can earn alot of money for the owners, everybody knows about us. if you went to Africa or india, you will probably see some people with our kit.

Before the city takeover, there wasnt a huge fanbase outside UK for city but then they started splashing money to buy and win things. Got the players and competed in the best league every year. Some of the new generation outside uk got more exposure to city, some youngsters wanted to play like Aguero etc. SO what im saying is that their customer base grew. We have been out from the CL and that costs us. There can be a next suarez sitting in uruguay playing as City on fifa rather then us.

It all depends on what the owners really want, do they want us to be on top and best in England, then they have to splash the money into club. compete for the best players, nowdays since we dont compete for the league then we need to attract players with high wages. so when we are steady and competing again then we can stop throwing money.

Before the city takeover, every player out there would have chosen Arsenal or us over City, but now if all the teams offered the same package to player x. The chances are that he will choose city over us and Arsenal. That would have been unthinkabale before the city takeover.

I dont know how to excute the plan in details and im not proud to say lets throw around money but unfortnately this is football now. all im trying to say is we need a bit ecnomical boost to catch up the best in the league. The books will probably be in red for years, but when we are doing well on the pitch and winning trophies and get exposure etc. then the owners can make us profitable.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2018 09:25:42 am by Billo »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24073: Feb 21, 2018 11:59:05 am
      i honestly dont have anything against the owners but i feel they could do more. we have been steadying the ship for a long time now. Think its time for them to sell the club. so we can have owners, who can fight for the best players against the likes of psg and city. City has done great, not only have they good squad but they have a rilliant infrastructure around the club and a great backbone.

Back in 2007 time, i was romantisizing the game. I wanted us to win without spending and throwing money but does it really matter. The game has changed and uefa and fifa has done nothing. We deserve to win trophies.

Indeed.
      The business ethic of feeding an investment, which LFC most definitely is, has been conveniently ignored by JWH&Co.
      While they contemplate a holding that is buoyant and requires virtually zero input the owners will be more than happy to take a very healthy premium for all concerned, be that directors, shareholders and sponsors etc.

All benefiting from the brand and reputation of LFC, a status that has been nurtured and constructed for over a century is now regarded as merely a money pig by those with no sense of history or tradition.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #24074: Feb 21, 2018 12:49:43 pm

Give me something concrete then? new stand built,anny road is a goer as well,no? The training facilities are getting upgraded and put under one roof,we got the boss we want,the players keep getting upgraded.We all want the f**king cups inc John Henry.Just how are they f**king over Liverpool?

New stand will pay for itself in very short order, anny road only talk at present and I guess that until a design which can pay for itself quickly is established then that is where it will stay. As regards the training facilities I'm sure that Melwood has a significant value in terms of housing development and looking further ahead running one facility will obviously cost less than two, so again I suspect from a financial point of view it will pay for itself quickly. Only recently could it be deemed that players have been upgraded, the poor transfers in and overall net spend have been discussed elsewhere but I don't at present see any significant new pot of money being put into player acquisition.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24075: Feb 21, 2018 01:24:56 pm

When we see the Red Sox handing out huge contracts every LFC supporter immediately thinks “We’ll where is the money for our club?”

It’s not that simple.  The Red Sox earn their own money.  Just like LFC does.  That is what is spent.  Pretty simple.

Your comparison does not withstand scrutiny - "Red Sox hand out huge contracts, Red Sox earn their own money".
      By your own admission LFC also earn their own money, LFC do not spend big.

For some reason a number of posters find that discrepancy  acceptable. 

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #24076: Feb 21, 2018 03:43:27 pm
      Your comparison does not withstand scrutiny - "Red Sox hand out huge contracts, Red Sox earn their own money".

Think the point he's making is that Red Sox generate a lot more than Liverpool and can therefore spend a lot bigger.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24077: Feb 21, 2018 04:10:50 pm
      Think the point he's making is that Red Sox generate a lot more than Liverpool and can therefore spend a lot bigger.

Do you have any back up for the assertion?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24078: Feb 21, 2018 04:33:47 pm

I thought it said the revenues for both teams was more or less the same?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #24079: Feb 21, 2018 05:05:13 pm
      I thought it said the revenues for both teams was more or less the same?

more or less, Red Sox. 301m from 2016 LFC accounts compared to $434m (around 312 pounds?) redsox account.

EDITED: MY BAD DUDES, I THOUGHT IT WAS 523M BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE A MERE 434M. FSG = PLEBS.

But then again you really can't compare football with baseball. You don't have transfer fees between clubs in baseball hence why baseball players get high wage contracts of 25m per year or whatever.

????

How is that a discrepancy? He makes a valid point and you can't compare between American baseball and European Football. apples and oranges.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2018 05:17:21 pm by Arab Scouse »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24080: Feb 21, 2018 05:09:01 pm
      It’s Ft. Myers chief and get over yourself.

Good one chief,now go correct every spelling mistake on a footy forum. :tosser:

Quick Reply