Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642523 times
      Kopite78
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24219: May 11, 2018 09:07:18 pm
      I saw the match Sunday has been moved to a tv game yesterday and got talking to a guy at work today about it which has just prompted me to look

Only 2 games since the turn of the year haven't been on one tv channel or another

Throughout the season we will only have had 10 matches total not televised

Once the season is done we will have played 55 games all comps and 45 will have been on one of the UK football channels

That's alot of additional tv money coming into the club because it's around ÂŁ1m per televised game in additional revenue

Goes to show what a great draw we are to the neutrals and the tv companies to get viewing figures from us and what a wonderful job JĂźrgen is doing making us such a great side to watch
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24220: May 12, 2018 01:40:03 am
      I saw the match Sunday has been moved to a tv game yesterday and got talking to a guy at work today about it which has just prompted me to look

Only 2 games since the turn of the year haven't been on one tv channel or another

Throughout the season we will only have had 10 matches total not televised

Once the season is done we will have played 55 games all comps and 45 will have been on one of the UK football channels

That's alot of additional tv money coming into the club because it's around ÂŁ1m per televised game in additional revenue

Goes to show what a great draw we are to the neutrals and the tv companies to get viewing figures from us and what a wonderful job JĂźrgen is doing making us such a great side to watch

I knew there was reason behind us always having to do things the hard way.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24221: May 12, 2018 03:51:39 pm
      Frankly, that's disrespectful to Jimmy Swaggart.

You can't be disrespectful enough to gobshites like him,fake christian hypocrite w**ker,him and his ilk.Get to F**k.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24222: May 12, 2018 04:16:00 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43898708

Which Of The Big Six Managers Provide Vaue For Money.

JĂźrgen must be an owners dream.
      Interesting article to include such gems as ...

Quote :

As an example, Salah was brought in for roughly ÂŁ10m more than they recouped from the sale of Christian Benteke to Crystal Palace. The latter has three goals in 29 appearances this season, the former 43 in 48.

It  highlights to me rookie Rodgers hemorrhaging 300 million squid on turds whilst JĂźrgen net spend is zero whilst buying the right players.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24223: May 12, 2018 05:36:13 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43898708

Which Of The Big Six Managers Provide Vaue For Money.

JĂźrgen must be an owners dream.
      Interesting article to include such gems as ...

Quote :

As an example, Salah was brought in for roughly ÂŁ10m more than they recouped from the sale of Christian Benteke to Crystal Palace. The latter has three goals in 29 appearances this season, the former 43 in 48.

It  highlights to me rookie Rodgers hemorrhaging 300 million squid on turds whilst JĂźrgen net spend is zero whilst buying the right players.

Owner's dream indeed Skip!
      If JĂźrgen hadn't pulled our owners right out of the sh*t the club's descent of the Prem would have continued unabated and no doubt some would have begun protesting as in the bad, bad days of H&G.

Having proved his credentials beyond any doubt it would have surely been in order to strengthen those areas of play the manager must surely know are lacking, before the club reaped the reward of the manager's brilliance.

JWH&Co must have been well confident of JĂźrgen's potential to part with millions to bring him to Anfield, we are through to a pinnacle of success but we have weaknesses that have not been addressed for some time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24224: May 12, 2018 05:47:40 pm
      I'm worried that finish 4th and a CL final on our spending will only increase the tightness of the purse strings.
      I am not suggesting we spend ÂŁ300mil like City or UTD but players coming in have to be of CL quality as a bare minimum.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #24225: May 12, 2018 06:13:37 pm
      I'm worried that finish 4th and a CL final on our spending will only increase the tightness of the purse strings.
      I am not suggesting we spend ÂŁ300mil like City or UTD but players coming in have to be of CL quality as a bare minimum.

Flip side of it though mate it the owners eyes must have lit up at the amount of dosh we had pulled in this season in the CL.

They won’t let that go so easy and I think you’ll see us invest this summer to really push home our advantage of the Chavs and Arsenal. Title challenge on the cards next season imo.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24226: May 12, 2018 06:16:23 pm
      Flip side of it though mate it the owners eyes must have lit up at the amount of dosh we had pulled in this season in the CL.

They won’t let that go so easy and I think you’ll see us invest this summer to really push home our advantage of the Chavs and Arsenal. Title challenge on the cards next season imo.

love to think so but they have no real desire to see silverware only dollars accruing in their accounts.
      Lets not spoil a wonderful season by discussing how investing in this club now could set us up for the next 5 years.
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2018 11:55:11 am by waltonl4 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24227: May 15, 2018 07:57:53 am
      love to think so but they have no real desire to see silverware only dollars accruing in their accounts.
      Lets not spoil a wonderful season by discussing how investing in this club now could set us up for the next 5 years.

Silverware = Dollars?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24228: May 15, 2018 01:34:28 pm

The best way to make your club as profitable as possible is by winning. Read an article yesterday about Swansea yesterday where it was mentioned the current owners basically bought the team only to take in the share of the PL / tv revenue, and they were quoted saying as much. Any ownership group looking to just stand still and collect tv money it will not work.

Add: Found the article. That is an awful mentality and no wonder Swansea got relegated. Their last 4 years they went from 8th place in the table, to 12th, to 15th and finally to 18th and out of the PL.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/3495435/swansea-tried-to-stand-still-but-went-backwards-to-premier-league-relegation

"Kaplan said in a recent interview with the Financial Times that he and Levien bought Swansea essentially to milk the proceeds of the Premier League's TV rights deals."

"If we did nothing but stay in the Premier League," Kaplan said, "the value of Swansea City would go up because the worldwide rights to Premier League football... is going to grow at a very substantial compound growth rate over the next 20 years."
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24229: May 16, 2018 03:24:27 pm
      The best way to make your club as profitable as possible is by winning. Read an article yesterday about Swansea yesterday where it was mentioned the current owners basically bought the team only to take in the share of the PL / tv revenue, and they were quoted saying as much. Any ownership group looking to just stand still and collect tv money it will not work.

Add: Found the article. That is an awful mentality and no wonder Swansea got relegated. Their last 4 years they went from 8th place in the table, to 12th, to 15th and finally to 18th and out of the PL.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/3495435/swansea-tried-to-stand-still-but-went-backwards-to-premier-league-relegation

"Kaplan said in a recent interview with the Financial Times that he and Levien bought Swansea essentially to milk the proceeds of the Premier League's TV rights deals."

"If we did nothing but stay in the Premier League," Kaplan said, "the value of Swansea City would go up because the worldwide rights to Premier League football... is going to grow at a very substantial compound growth rate over the next 20 years."

Essentially JWH&Co are using the same game plan, milking the Premier league, the associated TV rights, sponsorship deals etc.
      Obviously LFC with it's global attraction and unrivalled history would be a license to print money, the amount of profit being dependent on investment.

Unlike Swansea who have only a domestic following and no history to speak of, LFC is a guaranteed money pig, a fact that JWH&Co are only too well aware.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24230: May 17, 2018 02:41:02 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17uOnS4W8DU

John Henry looking puzzled when Keita, Fekir and Dembele were mentioned! ;D.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24231: May 17, 2018 02:48:21 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17uOnS4W8DU

John Henry looking puzzled when Keita, Fekir and Dembele were mentioned! ;D.

Meh. Even in terms of sport, football is clearly his second language and he doesn't speak it that well. But he manages his  holdings well and seemingly lets the football people do their job. Pointless interview, but I've got no complaints. He's found the right person to run the football club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24232: May 25, 2018 08:12:04 pm

Liverpool’s principal owner John W. Henry says he can’t understand why Philippe Coutinho and Luis Suarez quit Anfield for Barcelona.

Henry has suggested the duo have missed an opportunity as they will be watching the Champions League final rather than representing Liverpool, although Suarez has won the competition since his ÂŁ75 million move to the Nou Camp in 2014.

“Maybe it’s because I’m an American, but I have a difficult time understanding why anyone would want to leave Liverpool,” Henry told the Associated Press.

“The club is so rich in history and tradition, supported by so many millions around the world, in virtually every country of the world.

“You don’t want to be in the position where players want to go somewhere else, even if it is a great club like Barcelona.

“It’s hard to understand why players would want to go to a league where the competition is so weak. They must play 30 or so meaningless matches per year waiting for Champions League matches.

“They’ll be watching this weekend and could have been playing.

â€œBut (FSG President) Mike Gordon, (sporting director) Michael Edwards and everyone in our scouting department have done a terrific job in making the best of those two difficult situations.”

Coutinho quit Liverpool for ÂŁ142 million in January but was cup-tied for the knockout phase as Barcelona lost out to Roma, who Liverpool subsequently defeated in the semi-final.

Coutinho was influential in Liverpool progressing through the group phase, however.

Henry says Klopp has brought unity to the club and alluded to the philosophical differences which ultimately led to Brendan Rodgers’ exit in 2015.

Rodgers was unable to work to the script he agreed when accepting the job three years previous.

“It took Michael Edwards winning more and more of the battles internally to get us to the point that when we met with Jürgen he said, ‘I really want to coach this group. This will be fun,’” said Henry.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/24/liverpool-owner-questions-philippe-coutinho-luis-suarez-left
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24233: May 25, 2018 08:31:02 pm
      Liverpool’s principal owner John W. Henry says he can’t understand why Philippe Coutinho and Luis Suarez quit Anfield for Barcelona.

Henry has suggested the duo have missed an opportunity as they will be watching the Champions League final rather than representing Liverpool, although Suarez has won the competition since his ÂŁ75 million move to the Nou Camp in 2014.

“Maybe it’s because I’m an American, but I have a difficult time understanding why anyone would want to leave Liverpool,” Henry told the Associated Press.

“The club is so rich in history and tradition, supported by so many millions around the world, in virtually every country of the world.

“You don’t want to be in the position where players want to go somewhere else, even if it is a great club like Barcelona.

“It’s hard to understand why players would want to go to a league where the competition is so weak. They must play 30 or so meaningless matches per year waiting for Champions League matches.

“They’ll be watching this weekend and could have been playing.

â€œBut (FSG President) Mike Gordon, (sporting director) Michael Edwards and everyone in our scouting department have done a terrific job in making the best of those two difficult situations.”

Coutinho quit Liverpool for ÂŁ142 million in January but was cup-tied for the knockout phase as Barcelona lost out to Roma, who Liverpool subsequently defeated in the semi-final.

Coutinho was influential in Liverpool progressing through the group phase, however.

Henry says Klopp has brought unity to the club and alluded to the philosophical differences which ultimately led to Brendan Rodgers’ exit in 2015.

Rodgers was unable to work to the script he agreed when accepting the job three years previous.

“It took Michael Edwards winning more and more of the battles internally to get us to the point that when we met with Jürgen he said, ‘I really want to coach this group. This will be fun,’” said Henry.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/24/liverpool-owner-questions-philippe-coutinho-luis-suarez-left

two countries separated by a common language.
      Fancy owning a business that you don't have the slightest interest in or clue about the history of the game we participate in
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24234: May 25, 2018 09:31:53 pm
      two countries separated by a common language.
      Fancy owning a business that you don't have the slightest interest in or clue about the history of the game we participate in

I like the bit when he says about La Liga ...

“It’s hard to understand why players would want to go to a league where the competition is so weak.

They must play 30 or so meaningless matches per year waiting for Champions League matches.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24235: May 25, 2018 09:41:15 pm
      They should watch Alan Kennedy score the winner from Ray Kennedy's throw in and when they eventually understand the significance they might have a chance of understanding this club.
      I remember listening to our "radiogram" (that's going to confuse people) with my Dad in our European games both home and away because footie on TV didn't really happy until the 80's.
      The thrill of watching a Liverpool Game has never ever left me and I hope it never does
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #24236: May 25, 2018 11:03:26 pm
      Christ on a bike give it a f***in rest.Nowt wrong with that interview.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24237: May 25, 2018 11:35:54 pm
      JWH utilizing what we Americans refer to as sarcasm. He knows why they left. He’s just jabbing them about it because they are at home watching. Fair play John.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24238: May 26, 2018 11:21:54 am
      JWH utilizing what we Americans refer to as sarcasm. He knows why they left. He’s just jabbing them about it because they are at home watching. Fair play John.

Sarcasm my arse, he hasn't got a F***ing clue.
      The fact has been compounded many times, JWH&Co have no interest in soccer and like so many Americans who also refuse to describe the game correctly, have no wish to educate themselves,
      A more obvious sign of none committal would be hard to find.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24239: May 26, 2018 01:28:08 pm
      Sarcasm my arse, he hasn't got a f**king clue.
      The fact has been compounded many times, JWH&Co have no interest in soccer and like so many Americans who also refuse to describe the game correctly, have no wish to educate themselves,
      A more obvious sign of none committal would be hard to find.
      Oh that’s just silly Stuey. Are you indicting me as one of those Americans that can’t describe the game correctly?

I’ll give FSG stick when it’s due. In this instance John was taking the loss out of Luis and Phil.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #24240: May 26, 2018 02:17:44 pm
      Oh that’s just silly Stuey. Are you indicting me as one of those Americans that can’t describe the game correctly?

I’ll give FSG stick when it’s due. In this instance John was taking the loss out of Luis and Phil.

Obviously if you are on this forum  and have been as long as you have it is extremely doubtful you would be calling the game ''soccer".
      After saying that the vast mĂ jority  of Americans do refer to the game
      as ''soccer".
      JWH does have an interest in LFC albeit on the finançial pages of his laptop.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24241: May 26, 2018 02:22:33 pm
      Obviously if you are on this forum  and have been as long as you have it is extremely doubtful you would be calling the game ''soccer".
      After saying that the vast mĂ jority  of Americans do refer to the game
      as ''soccer".
      JWH does have an interest in LFC albeit on the finançial pages of his laptop.

You do know the term soccer came from the British right? We didn’t invent the term.

Quick Reply