Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2643751 times
      Kopite78
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24265: May 28, 2018 10:06:10 pm
      Another 40-million signing from those cheap bas**rds.

6 or 7 more and we might challenge

Over to them
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24266: May 28, 2018 10:08:04 pm
      Another 40-million signing from those cheap bas**rds.

It's a good start, key word being 'start'.

Would love to be in here when the Summer window closes saying what a great window it was.

Early days but fingers crossed we're a lot more savvy now and lessons have been learned.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2018 10:42:55 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24267: May 28, 2018 10:10:45 pm
      6 or 7 more and we might challenge

Over to them

One of the reasons you are one of my favorite posters here is that you are consistent.

There's only 25 in the registered squad, so I think 3-5 is probably more likely. If we sign 3-4 starters, remember that while some of this year's first XI are not what you would want to challenge for titles, they could serve well as squad members. Remember also  there are minimum requirements for English-trained and club-trained players, so that will make a difference in setting up said squad.

How do you like this particular signing?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24268: May 28, 2018 10:11:28 pm

Would love to be in here when the Summer window closes saying what a, great window it was.

Early days but fingers crossed we're a lot more savvy now and lessons have been learned.

Fekir + new CB + new keeper will do for me.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24269: May 28, 2018 10:12:37 pm

Would love to be in here when the Summer window closes saying what a, great window it was.

Let's hope so. Buying quality to fill specific needs, etc. I think Klopp also places a priority on the players brought in being the right personality/temperament to fit in with the group. Clearly in the past that was not an area of strength in transfer dealings.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24270: May 28, 2018 10:43:09 pm
      Let's hope so. Buying quality to fill specific needs, etc. I think Klopp also places a priority on the players brought in being the right personality/temperament to fit in with the group. Clearly in the past that was not an area of strength in transfer dealings.

He doesn't rush into signings either, it seems we've been monitoring this for the last year. As well as not going for an alternative to VVD, prepared to wait for Keita. Seems once Klopp has made his mind up on a player, he wont sign just anyone to try and make do, he bides his time if he has to. It's good, otherwise you end up with a Balotelli...painful memories.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24271: May 28, 2018 10:46:31 pm
      One of the reasons you are one of my favorite posters here is that you are consistent.

There's only 25 in the registered squad, so I think 3-5 is probably more likely. If we sign 3-4 starters, remember that while some of this year's first XI are not what you would want to challenge for titles, they could serve well as squad members. Remember also  there are minimum requirements for English-trained and club-trained players, so that will make a difference in setting up said squad.

How do you like this particular signing?

I didn't mean it to sound trite either..  I genuinely feel that it's time to stop messing around, we have earnt plenty from last season's fantastic champions league run, qualifying again, the addition tv Apparence money.. added to the already lucrative tv deals
      So let's prove that we really  want to kick on, let us finally get to the stage where the squad can not only compete, largely against the odds, but actually get over the line and win Something
      I want to go into next season thinking we've got one too many than one too short.. to think f**k me how do we get all these lads a game because come the run in we will go.. sh*t it's ok, we have such and such to replace him

I've been a bit of a c**t since Saturday I admit because I was and I am gutted that again when it really counts our squad depth and options have let us down.. it happened in 13-14 it happened in the Europa league final and it happened Saturday
      That that one player gets injured and we have nowhere to go.. well I want to get to the stage where that excuse doesn't hold water.. that I am the pr**k for questioning the owners.

What do I think of Fabinho? I think that having him and Naby next season is the first step to shoving my words down my throat but we still need in my opinion  a keeper, two options for the front 3, a cb and then in the idealists of world's a lb and another midfielder

One too many than one too short

I need to win Things, we all need to win things

Bring in those players and under Jürgen I feel we can win the league but let's not be short in the squad again and think again there's always next year

There's now
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #24272: May 28, 2018 11:14:22 pm
      I didn't mean it to sound trite either..  I genuinely feel that it's time to stop messing around, we have earnt plenty from last season's fantastic champions league run, qualifying again, the addition tv Apparence money.. added to the already lucrative tv deals
      So let's prove that we really  want to kick on, let us finally get to the stage where the squad can not only compete, largely against the odds, but actually get over the line and win Something
      I want to go into next season thinking we've got one too many than one too short.. to think f**k me how do we get all these lads a game because come the run in we will go.. sh*t it's ok, we have such and such to replace him

I've been a bit of a c**t since Saturday I admit because I was and I am gutted that again when it really counts our squad depth and options have let us down.. it happened in 13-14 it happened in the Europa league final and it happened Saturday
      That that one player gets injured and we have nowhere to go.. well I want to get to the stage where that excuse doesn't hold water.. that I am the pr**k for questioning the owners.

What do I think of Fabinho? I think that having him and Naby next season is the first step to shoving my words down my throat but we still need in my opinion  a keeper, two options for the front 3, a cb and then in the idealists of world's a lb and another midfielder

One too many than one too short

I need to win Things, we all need to win things

Bring in those players and under Jürgen I feel we can win the league but let's not be short in the squad again and think again there's always next year

There's now
      I see what you’re saying mate but I think it’s about a balance. It’s not just having too many than too little; it’s about not disrupting the squad by bringing a host of new faces. We have seen what that can do. Let’s not forget, this squad got us to the final of the champions league (which granted isn’t a trophy but certainly an achievement).

We should be looking to upgrade on our first XI and, as a result, strengthen the squad. That to me means quality over quantity, as has been Klopp’s way. If you were to tell me Keita, Fabinho, Fekir and a goalkeeper then I would be very, very happy. That’s not being unambitious, just realistic. I don’t see many leaving, certainly not for any significant amount (Can, Mignolet, Lallana), so don’t see where we fund much more than that.

I think the four signings I mention above is a real statement of intent and we could mount a challenge on all fronts.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #24273: May 29, 2018 01:13:30 am
      Fabinho and Keita confirmed.

Alderweireld is begging to leave Spurs, we need to get him.

Allison or Donnarumma in goal.

Pulisic.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24274: May 29, 2018 01:46:11 am
      Fabinho and Keita confirmed.

Alderweireld is begging to leave Spurs, we need to get him.

Allison or Donnarumma in goal.

Pulisic.

Screw those players.

Get Klopp in a room with Oblak, Varane and Hazard for 1hr, and watch those cu*ts beg to leave their clubs and wanting to join us :D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24275: May 29, 2018 02:40:03 am
      Screw those players.

Get Klopp in a room with Oblak, Varane and Hazard for 1hr, and watch those cu*ts beg to leave their clubs and wanting to join us :D

Didn't Oblak sign that extension? he's likely not an option. I like Hazard but if Fekir happens then Hazard is out, too.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #24276: May 29, 2018 04:29:24 am
      Didn't Oblak sign that extension? he's likely not an option. I like Hazard but if Fekir happens then Hazard is out, too.

200 million release clause.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #24277: May 29, 2018 04:37:52 am
      He hasn’t signed a contract extension yet. Even so, his current release clause is €100m, don’t see us spending that much on a keeper tbh.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #24278: May 29, 2018 06:44:06 am
      Really good start to the window with the signing of Fabinho. Links to Fekir and Allison or Oblak are also great to hear. Building on what is already a strong team by adding quality and depth.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #24279: May 29, 2018 07:10:12 am
      I hope FSG act now. We lost Can so we get Fabinho, fair enough. We sold Coutinho so we go VVD and Keita, fair enough. It's not teasing everyone with Fekir or Allisson. FSG need to strike now. IN Europe the guard is changing, Madrid , Barcelona and Bayern will drop due to aging squads.  In the domestic league, City won't drop but Chelsea are obviously struggling, Utd will spend but have Mourinho's 3rd season and you can hear the rumblings at Mordor. Arsenal? Spurs? we are on the up and need a fekir or the like and goalkeeper at least.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #24280: May 29, 2018 11:44:17 am
      Oh dear.. a signing already? Not a good start for the FSG critics.  :f_tongueincheek:

Kopite78
      Reply #24281: May 29, 2018 12:17:05 pm
      Oh dear.. a signing already? Not a good start for the FSG critics.  :f_tongueincheek:

What I don't get about the ones who don't question them is don't you want to win? Don't you want them to give us the best opportunity to win?
      Are you happy with one trophy in 12 years?

I think the vast majority who question the overall net spend since they have been in charge just want to win.. do they want to win more? I'd hope not but I will keep personally questioning until I feel they have given us the best chance to do so.
      They haven't done that yet in my opinion and I will be the first to thank them cap in hand if they invest to a big enough amount that we win the league

So if this is the start and we add enough to challenge the city's then fantastic

I'd more worry about the ones who don't question them personally
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24282: May 29, 2018 12:30:49 pm
      What I don't get about the ones who don't question them is don't you want to win? Don't you want them to give us the best opportunity to win?
      Are you happy with one trophy in 12 years?

I think the vast majority who question the overall net spend since they have been in charge just want to win.. do they want to win more? I'd hope not but I will keep personally questioning until I feel they have given us the best chance to do so.
      They haven't done that yet in my opinion and I will be the first to thank them cap in hand if they invest to a big enough amount that we win the league

So if this is the start and we add enough to challenge the city's then fantastic

I'd more worry about the ones who don't question them personally

I'm more worried about people who feel they have to criticise the owners at every turn and every opportunity, despite great recent signings, including record breaking defender transfer.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24283: May 29, 2018 12:42:56 pm
      I'm more worried about people who feel they have to criticise the owners at every turn and every opportunity, despite great recent signings, including record breaking defender transfer.

You happy with not winning then?

Sound.

I'm not

And for the record I don't criticise them for everything. I've praised them for plenty.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24284: May 29, 2018 12:52:09 pm
      You happy with not winning then?

Sound.

I'm not

And for the record I don't criticise them for everything. I've praised them for plenty.

Can you show where you have praised them, because you, along with Stuey, seem to always delight in slagging them off at every little opportunity, its extremely tedious.
      BTW of course I want the club to win, but I also want the club to live within its means. As regards winning things I think we would have won the CL this year if it wasn't for some rotten luck with Ramos's illegal judo move on Mo and Karius have a sh*t game of epic proportions. Next season we already look stronger and the transfer window has only just opened!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #24285: May 29, 2018 12:57:23 pm
      We were only saying yesterday 5 years ago a £40 mil signing would have been headline news now its not worth a mention.
      As long as Jürgen gives the nod I really don't care how many zero's are in the fee as long as he gets the player HE wants
      Kopite78
      Reply #24286: May 29, 2018 12:57:39 pm
      Can you show where you have praised them, because you, along with Stuey, seem to always delight in slagging them off at every little opportunity, its extremely tedious.

That's bollocks

You look of you are that bothered. I know what I've credited them for, it's there and I'm not a daft c**t that I can't remember

BTW of course I want the club to win, but I also want the club to live within its means.

They've not spent everything we could. It's all there.. our net profit is what the 4th lowest in the league?
      Had we spent more that's well within our means we may have had more options to change when Mo went off
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2018 01:04:50 pm by redkenny »
      Kopite78
      Reply #24287: May 29, 2018 01:02:35 pm
      It's be nice if we could win one of these f**king finals we keep getting to.  :f_tongueincheek:

Wouldn't it

The thin squad is often desolute by may every year.

Bit more investment may get us over line in those finals and be winners not runners up

Quick Reply